PP - F2 How Far We've Come <<Long Live the Queen>> (Field Boss Run Part 1) (Oikawa) (Completed)

ID: 20006

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

As Oikawa began backing off from his attack Calrex looked and made note of the new status inflicted on wasp, the familiar Bleed red drop appearing as he gave a nod, "I guess that new sword has some different enhancements than his previous sword. Interesting, seeing that I've decided to try and use status debuffs on my weapons as well. Course the only thing I'm probably not going to change for a while is the Grand Chariot...Teayre did a great job picking out the enhancements on it."

With a calming breath he quickly closed the distance. This time as the wasp tried to thrust its stinger at Calrex he narrowly dodged it as he drove his blade into the wasp's abdomen, the Grand Blade piercing through and impaling into the wall behind the monster. With a quick turn he extracted the sword as he leapt back, "This thing won't last much longer. We'd best be ready for the queen next then."

HP List
Calrex: 76/85
Oikawa: 73/73

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: -2/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 4) 
Wasp Solider 2: -2/42 (Hate: C 6 / O 4)
Wasp Solider 3: 11/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 2) Bleed 0/2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oikawa nodded as swung his rapier and cleaved it into the wasp. Like as if hitting it with a bat, the wasp was knocked right towards Calrex. "You better finish it, else my Bleed status does haha." The blonde was more than ready for the queen. Your highness' lackeys seemed to be lacking in challenge. Not even seeing if Calrex had finished the Mob off, Oikawa sheathed his blade and looked around. Any second and the queen would be arriving. He wanted to catch wind of it before it approached. Standing smack in the middle of the cave, the blonde just waited for something to encounter them. 

[20024] BD: 7 (4+3)

HP List

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: Dead
Wasp Solider 2: Dead
Wasp Solider 3: 1/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 2) -10 HP BLD 1/2 (really... XD)

ID: 20027

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 14 (Bonus Loot)

"I know I know, heh."

As Oikawa gave him a joking warning about stealing the kill Calrex gave a nod as he quickly closed the distance to the wasp, delivering a quick jab slash. Due to the wasp barely clinging on to life the light strike was more than enough to destroy it as the creature dissipated into crystals. With that Calrex turned and gave a nod to Oikawa as he turned towards the new sound of large wings coming from the cavern. As it got closer the outline of the queen came into view as Calrex focused and gave a quick glance at Oikawa, "Ah, right on cue. Alright, get ready. I'll get another Howl prepared to get her attention."

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot: 210 col (Mob Health  42 * 5)

HP List

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: -2/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 4) 
Wasp Solider 2: -2/42 (Hate: C 6 / O 4)
Wasp Solider 3: -8/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 2) Bleed 1/2

Wasp Queen: 50/50 (Hate: C 0 / O 0)

A crystal shattering could be heard in the background. A grin of satisfaction crept onto the blonde's face. "Since I wasn't notified of loot drops, I assume you handled it." Oikawa's eyes darted towards the sound of giant buzzing wings. Stepping forward, he quickly redrew his blade and aimed at the incoming mob. A giant buzzing wasp donning a golden crown floated into the cavern arena. Quickly engaging the enlarged insect, the blonde's rapier glowed a faint red as he passed through the Queen's body . Extracting the blade, he manage to avoid a pincer and deflect the stab from her stinger. Smirking, he jump ed towards Cal and nodded to confirm a switch. Nice! I inflicted Bleed early. That'll keep her taking damage at least for my next two strikes.

[20031] BD: 9 (9+3)

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 41/50 (Hate: C 0 / O 2) -9 HP BLD 0/2

ID: 20034

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

"Heh, yeah I did. Don't worry we can divvy up the loot once we're done here."

As Oikawa rushed forward to engage the queen before she could act Calrex twirled the Grand Blade at a rapid speed before he tossed the sword high into the air, the blade glinting off the faint light as it traveled upwards. As his sword arm released the sword he clenched it into a fist as the light blue aura chains formed around his limbs once again as Calrex bent his legs slightly. Once the blade reached its apex he looked down at the ground as he shifted his shoulders into a driving position for his sword arm as the spiraling chains increased in speed and sound.

Once Oikawa retreated the queen originally began to float towards him, but as the noise began to build its gaze shifted over to Calrex as he slammed his fist into the ground, the chains exploding from his body as they carried the sound like a sonic boom accompanied by the otherworldly howl of Calrex's <<Howl>> ability. As the Grand Blade looked like it was about to hit the ground Calrex quickly righted himself and caught the sword in a reverse grip in one smooth motion, "Sorry about that dude, I probably should have warned you to cover your ears."

He gave another twirl of the sword into a hammer grip as he pointed it at the field boss, "Alright, let's do this."

HP List

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 3: Dead

Wasp Queen: 41/50 (Hate: C 3 / O 2) Bleed 0/2

A resounding crack and the sound of howling wind erupted behind the blonde as Calrex activated his <Howl> skill. Rather than cover his ears, he used it as a distraction against the wasp, as it seemed to become a little disorientated.  However his plan backfired, seeing as how he was a little disoriented as well. Recovering from the crippling howl, the blonde went on the defensive just in case the mob tried something funny. "Even without a heads up I almost had it. I'll be prepared next time. Lets get it!" A pleasant surprise appeared as the Queen glowed bright red before losing some HP. Bleed is in full effect!

[20037] BD: 5 (2+3)

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 39/50 (Hate: C 3 / O 2) -2 HP BLD 1/2

ID: 20335

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Calrex gave a nod as Oikawa recovered from his ability, "Heh, if it rattles someone that well maybe I should start thinking about using it in matches or something!"

With that he rushed forward, using his <<Sprint>> ability to accelerate as he closed in on the wasp queen, seeing that the Bleed effect Oikawa had placed on it was still in full effect. He quickly leapt up, spinning his body with his sword arm extended with the intent on slicing the queen, but it seemed the distance was just a bit off as the queen hovered a little to the right, avoiding the strike. Calrex landed on the ground behind it, the queen now positioned between him and Oikawa.

"Let's try and target the wings. That should make it a little more difficult for it to maneuver."

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 39/50 (Hate: C 3 / O 2) Bleed 1/2

"Roger that!" exclaimed the blonde as he leaped forward and went for the left wing of the Queen. His crimson saber cutting through it as they shattered causing the wasp to loser her equilibrium and go crashing into the wall. Even as his blow finished, another bit of it's HP dwindled as Bleed took effect once more before disappearing. "Her balance is off so we should continue to have the upper hand for this fight. Lets finish her up quickly. We have more bosses to dispose of haha." The blonde was brimming with confidence and it only rose as they continued to dismantle this Mob.

[20343] BD: 8 (8+3)

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 29/50 (Hate: C 3 / O 3) -10 HP BLD 2/2

OOC: I think I've gotta start building some pyres. My rolls today are horrible XD

IC:

ID: 20346

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex watched as Oikawa's strike managed to throw the queen off balance and go slamming into a wall. He flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he rushed forward.

"Her balance is off so we should continue to have the upper hand for this fight. Lets finish her up quickly. We have more bosses to dispose of haha."

"Yeah, let's see if we can close up this battle!"

As he got into striking range Calrex leapt up as he prepared to come down with a powerful down slash, but the queen somehow rolled to the side as it thrust its stinger forward. His attack slammed into the rock next to the queen while the stinger managed to graze his armor, but it also activated the Thorns ability once again as the chain shards pelted the queen.

Calrex leapt back as he twirled the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, nodding to Oikawa.

HP List
Calrex: 75/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 28/50 (Hate: C 3 / O 3) Bleed 2/2

Though the bluenette was missing on a few blows, he didn't worry. He trusted the man with his life so he was gonna continue to bring the fire power. Racing towards the Mob, Oikawa kept his blade high as he went for a cross slash. Another crimson ark marked the air that his blade had passed through as it tore into the queen. She was pissed and it was evident as she attempted to barrage the blonde with a series of stinger thrusts. Repelling them with timed shield blocks, Oikawa jumped away from her and allowed Calrex to take over. "All yours!"

[20355] BD: 7 (4+3)

HP List

Calrex: 75/85

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 20/50 (Hate: C 3 / O 4) -8 HP

ID: 20364

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As Oikawa connected yet another successful strike on the queen Calrex gave a nod, but noticed as the queen had begun to direct her gaze towards Oikawa. It seemed the series of successful strikes from his teammate had angered the queen, and he needed to fix that quickly before Oikawa got attacked.

Tossing the Grand Blade into the air once again Calrex decided to turn up the dial on his <<Howl>>'s sound as he kept his sword arm raised, the light blue aura chains forming around his limbs and spiraling like crazy as if they were reaching critical mass. He gave a long calming breath as his sword fell into his hand as he slammed it into the ground with a slash, the main edge connecting with the ground as the chains exploded, the sound erupting from the act even louder than last time as the queen turned to face him, setting its sights on Calrex again.

"Alright, that should keep her off Oikawa for a bit."

The queen rushed at him, trying to jab him with her stinger, but he easily dodged the blows as he rolled behind the monster, his sword trained on her back, "Back to you!"

HP List
Calrex: 75/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 20/50 (Hate: C 6 / O 4)

Another Howl> erupted from Calrex as he regained the aggro against the Mob. "Thanks, " shouted the blonde as he took advantage of his companions distraction. Blade outstretched, he tore down the rocky floor and watched as his blade shimmered an immersive white glow. Slashing forward and back across, he clipped the other wing of the wasp as she was tumbled against the cavern floor and struggled to stand. "She's resilient, I'll give her that. Not much further to go." Holding his blade steady, he prepared for the closing moments of the fight.

[20371] BD: 9 (9+3) Critical

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 11/50 (Hate: C 6 / O 6) -9 HP BLD: 0/2

ID: 20375 

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Calrex gave a nod to Oikawa, acknowledging his thanks as the blonde rushed in once again and dealt a critical blow to the queen, seeing the red blood icon of the Bleed effect return to her health bar, "Alright, with that this will be even quicker!"

He flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he saw the queen start deciding between him and Oikawa. This was a clear indicator that the aggro had equaled out between the two players. Calrex shrank his profile as he stood in a side stance, the Grand Blade perpendicular to his face in a stabbing position. His eyes trained on the queen as he gave a calming breath. The queen had decided to pick him as it flew over and began to unleash a flurry of stabs at him, but each one missed clear of his position as Calrex remained unmoving.

"Stay calm...wait for the prime opportunity to strike..."

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 11/50 (Hate: C 6 / O 6) (Bleed: 0/2)

Calrex  somehow managed to bait the queen into attacking him and it resulted in a missed attack by the queen. Oikawa rushed the wasp queen once more and evaded a stinger piercing as she lunged forward. Jumping to the side, he swatted away another attack using his shield and brought his blade across the back of the mob as she fell to the floor and clung on to it's 1 HP. "Well you know what to do Cal. It's barely hanging on. My Bleed will kill it if you don't so there's no reason for us to worry."

[20378] BD: 8 (5+3) Hit

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 1/50 (Hate: C 6 / O 7) -10 HP BLD: 1/2 (Again...)

ID: 20393

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7

Calrex gave a nod, hearing Oikawa say that the queen was going to be killed by the Bleed effect should he miss. He gave a smirk as he sheathed the Grand Blade, "Well, if that's the case I guess we'd best get a move on then right?"

As if the queen was aggravated by Calrex's decision to stop engaging her in combat she thrust her stinger forward, grazing Calrex's shoulder with her strike. When this happened Calrex looked up at her, giving a quick laugh, "Big mistake there mam."

The Thorns ability activated one last time as the chains exploded, pelting the queen with shards and knocking away the last of her health as she dissipated into crystals. Calrex gave a calming breath as he nodded to Oikawa, "Well, I guess that's that then. Shall we get moving to the next boss?"

Loot List

1 Material

1 Matriarch's Stinger

HP List

Calrex: 74/85 (+6 Mitigtation)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 0/50 (Hate: C 6 / O 6) (Bleed: 1/2) (+1 Thorns)

The wasp couldn't stand the fact that it was going to be ignored as it lunged at Cal. Mistakes were made as it activated the bluenette's thorns and killed itself. Either way it was going to die so there's that. Lets get out of here." Collecting his portion of the loot, Oikawa walked along Calrex as they headed for the mouth of the cave. Sheathing his blade, he inquired a thought from Calrex. "So who's next on our list to deal with? Would it be the <Little Nepent> or are we skipping it and taking on <Avalanche> again?"

"Hm...you know I think we can skip the Little Nepent. So I guess that leaves Avalanche as the next battle then, and then probably after that we can focus on the Sand Shark."

Calrex switched out of his Grand Chariot as the two players made their way back towards Urbus as he gave a friendly smirk, "I'm sure that shark is going to be in for a surprise it it tries to take a bite out of me again. It's definitely not going to be like last time...well...maybe the shark kabob part, but not the getting munched on."

Roc flew back over to Calrex after the conclusion of the battle as it decided to fly alongside the two players, "In any case, even with the queen scaling with our strength that battle was way easier than the past times. I guess it's a good sign that we've come a long way from back in our earlier days of this game."

"Hopefully that new strength is enough to help us clear the floors faster and get out of this game..."

"Sounds good man. The <Little Nepent> would probably die in like 5 hits anyhow haha. If that. So onto <Avalanche> then?" They soon stepped form the cave and were well on their way to Urbus as Roc, Calrex's familiar, decided to join them. Listening to Cal's observation of how their battle went regarding the Wasp queen and her subordinates, Oikawa gathered virtually the same opinion. "Yeah she seemed more resilient but that's anout it. As far as killing her went, probably too easy. We hardly took any damage. Hell I took no damage due toy your wondrous tanking so there's that. <Avalanche> and the <Sand Shark will be in for a huge surprise."

Calrex gave a nod as the two players continued to walk along. After some time the gates of Urbus began to come into view as he gave a nod, "It's certainly going to be a completely different fight from the past two. The only one that I'd be concerned about is Cerberus. Even on my own that was one of the most difficult fights at my level so far. Especially with the heat of the cavern beating down on you the entire time."

Just the thought of heading to the <<Inferno Cavern>> again made Calrex feel some sweat form on his brow as he gave a friendly smile, "In any case I'm sure it's going to be much easier with the two of us fighting it. Heck, I wonder if Teayre's busy. Then we can have all three of the Spectrum Coalition on this little training retreat."

Urbus was edging into view as the trio carried on. "Oh yeah we will have to take on Cerberus again huh? That wasn't fun last time haha. But I'm positive with us and even Teayre, should she join, wouldn't be to bad. I'm actually looking forward to it. On top of that there's rumor of a new quest regarding Banshee. Sounds interesting, but I haven't looked to much into." Passing through the gates, the blonde felt like they had just completed chapter one of their little quest. "That aside, on to four floor. We have a date with <Avalanche>!"