[PP-F7] Azure Hunting Grounds

Mountains. Mountains everywhere. The region outside Rig proved to be just as dangerous as he expected. The monsters around here would definitely be stronger than most floors especially given that there was a Monster Arena located just within the limits of Rig. His uneven steps tripped about as he paced along the rocky road. He was waiting on his guildmate Dom to appear so that they could go hunting. I wonder if he's gotten stronger since I last saw him in battle? I know I have but not everyone learns at the same pace. No matter. Today we hunt and that's all there is to it. Brushing a few strands of hair from his face, the blonde planted and leaned against the wall in anticipation of Dom.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssendom teleported into Rig after acquiring a few quest rewards, he felt a tad bit annoyed leaving Oikawa waiting but he knew he had to clear his journal of uncompleted quests before he went. As he walked outside the town he searched around for the Famous Blonde Blacksmith, reknowned for his craftsmanship. Not too long after leaving Rig he did finally see him, we walked over nonchalantly, "Hey there sorry to keep you waiting Commandant, went and cleared everything that was completed but not turned in for the reward. I'm ready to slaughter the meek whenever you are." He stated bluntly to his Guild-Superior. "And also again, if there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask. We'll obtain it for you." He mentions as he begins walking toward the Illuminated Caves where the monster respawn rate had randomly sky rocketed.

Slight breeze had picked during his brief wait. It felt rather good on a fair-weathered floor like this one. A figure passed through his peripheral vision and he immediately went to draw his sword before realizing it was Dom. "Never mind the wait my friend. We have beasts to track. I hear there is a mini floor boss about that resembles a bipedal ram that uses an nodachi for a weapon. Sounds interesting to say the least right? Well we have to find and kill a few  <Relentless Rams> before the rumored <Pan, The Horned One> will appear. You up for it?" The blonde hoped Dom was down for this but if not he'd continue at the least.

Ssendom grinned menacingly, but since he was outside the town the helmet invisibility setting was off so his grin could be seen to which he cleared his throat, "Of course, a floor mini-boss that is summoned on the slaughter of his kin. How could I say no? That's like someone asking to give you a thousand col for simply existing. There aint no way you would reject that." He chuckled then turned towards the direction of the Illuminated Cave, "Pan, the Horned One will falter today, and lets get a good amount of mats to craft items with. Plus I've been needing stronger prey. The monsters get so annoyingly weak these days." He laughed then started walking toward their desired location.

"You can't pass this up haha. Lets get down to it then. If I recall correctly there should be a spawn node not to far from here." Taking the lead, the blonde led his fellow Brigadier down the rocky path leading to the dangerous areas of the floor. As they traversed through the ridge a canyon like opening begin to form. Pointing to it, the Oikawa motioned for Dom to look. "That over there is where the monsters tend to spawn. We should be careful though I don' think we have much to worry about.Lets continue on shall we?" Taking the first leap, Oikawa moved down into the canyon and closer to their rumored destination for the day.  

As Oikawa began to take the lead it didn't seem to bother Ssendom, he followed in stride knowing there were times where the right decision it to be the good little soldier. Oikawa then warned Ssendom about the dangers and the possible hazards they might face though it didn't seem to bother or faze him, in fact he was beginning to feel a little more excited about the rigors of the zone. "Well, if we gotta be careful all the more reason to be more reckless. We're here to slaughter and enjoy, you agree?" He asks with a sort of malicious voice as his focus wasn't even on Oikawa but toward the Canyon. He followed Oikawa after the blonde had jumped. As they landed on the ground deeper into the canyon using tree branches to get down without damaging oneself, and immediately went back to following Oikawa stride for stride.

"Slaughter and enjoy indeed!" The slaughtering wouldn't have to wait long as snow white cotton ram spawned into view. It didn't look too dangerous, but like like the boars of the first floor; if you underestimate it, you may find yourself on the wrong end of a losing fight. Looking at Dom, Oikawa pointed up to the ram and spoke. "Target acquired. Lets get it." In seconds, like a flash of light, the blonde rushed towards the mob. A crimson rapier escaped it's sheath as it cut through air and down across the cotton covered chest of the ram. A red crescent slash appeared along the monster as he jumped back. "Go for it Dom!"

[20289] BD: 9 (6+3)

MD: (Will attack next turn)

[H:1] Oikawa: 73/73

[H:0] Ssendom: 47/47

<Relentless Ram> 32/40 (-8)

ID: 20311

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Miss)

Ssendom shot forward immediately like a titan charging to strike one of the greek gods, his blade tore the grass out of the ground and began to glow a deep black. As he reached the <Relentless Ram> he ripped the blade in an upward arc shouting, "Reaper's Ascension!" The ram got lifted off it's feet, to which he used all his might to slam it on the ground after lifting it over his head. It tumbled a decent distance from Ssendom before it could attempt to regain it's balance, "Sorry, didn't mean to throw it so far. Ram's should act a lot like the boar's Commandant, charge move should be fairly obvious to see coming. So get ready to dodge." He mentioned as he dropped his massive blade onto his shoulder and positioned his legs to get ready to dodge.

[H:1] Ssendom: 47/47

<Relentless Ram> 25/40 (-7)

"Distance is nothing, kek!" Shouted the blonde as he darted around to the right side of the beast. His rapier sprang forth. Attempting to slash through the ram as it recovered from Dom's attack. However, his thrust missed by the smallest of inches as the ram jumped to the left and went for a head on charge. Switching tactics, the blonde waited for the ram to nearly make contact before easily using his shield to bat it away. The circular metal defense he carried suddenly glowed as his Thorns kicked in. Not a total fail of an attack but meh. I'll have to hit it for sure next time. Giving Dom some space to work with, Oikawa backed away to see how he'd proceed.

[20330] BD: 5 (2+3)

MD: 4 (7-3) Thorns Activated

[H:1] Ssendom: 47/47

<Relentless Ram> 24/40 (-1) 

ID: 20388

BD: 5 + 2 = 7 (hit)

As Oikawa gave Ssendom a running lane, he grinned, "We Kek!" He shouted as he rushed full throttle to the ram. He ripped his blade in a wide fashion as the Ram attempt to dodge. But the movement of Ssendom and the swing of his massive greatsword was too fast for the Ram to handle, it lost it's balance as it's front left leg exploded into data particles as Ssendom had completely decimated the leg completely. "Switch!" Ssendom shouted as he crouched a little bit to give Oikawa a lift up in the air if he took it, either way he could use his crouching position to give him a running start into his charge.

[H:2] Ssendom: 47/47

<Relentless Ram> 17/40 (-7) 

Watching Dom cripple the ram, Oikawa took advantage of his comrades crouched position and used it as a spring board. Flipping over Dom, he brought his slashing rapier down. A crimson streak trailing his blade as it cleaved into the earth where the ram once stood. Tch, that attack was too slow... Looking up, he watched Dom get ironically enough, rammed by the ram. It looked critical but the blonde was unsure considering he immediately rushed the ram and sent his glowing red blade slicing along the length of the Mob. His attack was for sure a critical, as indicated by the Bleed status symbol appearing over the Ram. "You alright Dom? If so finish it off. My bleed status will help should you be unable to finish it off."

[20412] BD: 9 (9+3)

MD: 6 (9-3)

[H:3] Oikawa: 73/73

[H:2] Ssendom: 41/47 (-6)

<Relentless Ram> 6/40 (-9) BLD 0/2

(Deals 4 Base Damage btw)

ID: 20495

LD: 16 (Material Found)

Ssendom didn't have his base set as the Ram rammed him toppling him into a tumble which he forced an extra roll to gain his balance back. After standing up he was about to charge before he noticed a piece of ore sticking out of the ground, he decided to kneel down and rip it out with massive force, "Well, I have to thank the mob more than be mad at it for being an asshole and ramming his head into me. I found an iron ore sticking out of the ground. Looks like it is another good day for material farming." He walks up casually tossing the iron ore in the air consistently catching it, "Sorry I was going to go in and kill it, but I couldn't help the free material."

[H:2] Ssendom: 45/47 (-2)

<Relentless Ram> 6/40 BLD 0/2

Materials Opium: 1

Oikawa could only chuckle as Dom tossed the ore up in the air. "Guess I'll clean up here then." Egging the ram on, he waited for the beast to rush him. As it did, he bashed the beast away with shield and impaled it with rapier as it dispersed into several crystals before leaving behind a loot bag. He collected the loot and looked at Dom. "I got another material and some Col. We cleaned up nice on this one. Where's our next victim? I need some more action." Scouting the area, he saw another ram spawn not to faroff. Pointing at it, he yelled to Dom, "there's our next target."

[20507] BD: 6 (3+3)

LD: 13 (12+1)

[H:2] Ssendom: 41/47 

<Relentless Ram> Dead

[Oikawa- The Faint received 1 Material and 200 Col]

As Oikawa struck down the ram he pointed to a Ram that was still a distance away. Ssendom nodded at him and without waiting another moment he rushed forward weaving between the tree's and the rocks, his eyes narrowed his focus locked on. During his charge he held his blade horizontally the blade aimed behind him for a powerful slash.

ID: 20567

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Hit)

MD: 10 (Crit + 2)

As he reaches the it turns to look at him, he goes for a slide and spins holding his blade out swinging it forward giving him more rotation. He slashes both hind legs, but before he could slide to a stop the Ram kicked him in the back causing him to lose his balance and momentum. He tumbled a short distance after the kick due to his armor taking almost all the brunt of the attack. The ram had a hard time holding it's balance due to how strong the attack at it's legs were making it unstable, "Switch!" He yelled to Oikawa as the opening was too great to pass up.

[H:2] Ssendom: 43/47 (-2)

<Relentless Ram> 33/40 (-7)

Materials Opium: 2

Dom quickly bounded for their next victim. performing acrobatic skills, Dom manged to handicap the ram with his blow. However his attack was met with a retaliation that effectively knocked him back a few yards. Not even waiting to hear for the switch. The Faint maneuvered around the mountainous terrain and leaped into the fray. His cape flapped in the wind behind him as he descended onto the ram. Somehow, the overgrown sheep  was able to move out of the way as he tucked and rolled away. Raising to a crouch, the glint of something shiny caught his eye. Reaching his hand out, he was able to collect another material. "Another free material Dom. Switch back! I think I dropped my sword anyway."

[20645] LD: 18 (17+1)

MD: 1 (4-3)

[H:3] Ssendom: 41/47 

<Relentless Ram 2> 33/40 (-0)

[Oikawa-The Faint received 1 Material.]

Material Count: 3

ID: 20660

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Hit)

MD: 5 (Miss)

Ssendom chuckles at the notation of Oikawa dropping his weapon, he turned his focus to the Ram who was already in full charge. He turned his head slightly to see a tree not too far behind him, he backed up slowly letting the ram get to a full charge. As the Ram reached him he tumbled to the left dodging the charge letting it ram full throttle into the tree. Ssendom didn't roll too far, he quickly got his feet back under him and leaped toward the Ram slamming his sword down as hard as he can on the head of the ram cleaving off on of the horns of it. It immediately began bucking around in pain trying to shake it off. "Well keep your eyes peeled, shinies can come later. Heh, that's for both of us." He laughed at the joke he made.

[H:4] Ssendom: 41/47 

<Relentless Ram 2> 26/40 (-7)

Finally finding his blade, he looked up just in time watch Dom cleave the horns off the ram. The beast didn't find it amusing nor pleasant as it bucked and yelped in pain. Rapier raised to shoulder length he dashed to wards the mob and faintly appeared to vanish as he plunged Kyuketsuki right int o the mob's side. With drawing his blade, he stepped aside to allow Dom to follow the attack up. He rested a hand on his hip as Dom handled his attack and waited for his chance to attack.

[20675] BD: 12 (9+3)

[H:5] Oikawa: 73/73

[H:4] Ssendom: 41/47 

<Relentless Ram 2> 17/40 (-9) BLD 0/2

Material Count: 3

ID: 20716

BD: 10 + 2 = 12 (Crit +2)

MD: 2 - 4 = -2

The Ram seemed completely disoriented from the assault of the two players, their attacks; brutal, cunning, powerful, accurate. And yet the attacks didn't relent, nor did they get any softer. Ssendom slammed his blade horizontally through the entire ram nearly ripping it in half, the force of the swing was so incredibly powerful it through the ram against the tree it had Slammed it's head into. The ram collapsed on the ground and the ground gave a small shake. Ssendom looked over to Oikawa, "Looks like we're getting the horned one's attention, what do you think Oikawa?" He had a chuckle which seemed a bit more like a light cackle.

[H:6] Ssendom: 41/47 

<Relentless Ram 2> 8/40 (-9) BLD 0/2

The ground shook as the ram crinkled to the ground. Oikawa looked to Dom who seemed to follow up his Crit with a Hyper  Crit of his own. rather than take the kill and risk having the aggro from the get go against the supposed Pan, Oikawa let Dom take the final hit. "I'm gonna even the playing field. You go ahead and strike the beast down. I'll just sit her- aooh is that another material?" Kneeling over, the blonde collected the ore that spawned only a few feet away from him. Returning his focus tot he fight, he waited for Dom to get the finishing blow.

[20719] LD: 17 (16+1)

<Relentless Ram 2> 6/40 (-2) BLD 1/2

Material Count: 4

ID: 20726

BD: 10 + 2 = 12 (Crit + 2)

LD: 3 (One Material Opium)

Ssendom nodded at Oikawa, he walked up and placed his foot on the midsection of the ram with enough strength to prevent it from fighting back. He lifted his blade which was aiming down at it's throat, after a brief moment he slammed it down with such voracious force he completely decapitated the ram and plunged his blade a fair deep distance into the ground. When the creature burst into data particles, it allowed his foot to slam into the ground and get enough leverage to pull out the blade then fling it in a circular pattern making it stop when it hits his shoulder. "Looks like Pan isn't pissed enough to come at us. Maybe another Ram or so should summon the giant thing. Man I get giddy at killing bosses. Only a matter of time before I sign up for the front lines." He expresses to Oikawa of what he wants to do.

<Relentless Ram 2> 0/40 (-9) BLD 1/2