Little UI upgrade for the website

Now this would serve as no real purpose but cosmetic, but it would be a fun idea to have your avatar, with a health bar, your level, and your XP somewhere at the top of the page. These could be put into place fairly easily as far as coding goes, health is simple math from your level.

Just something to make the site look a little cooler, theirs a few players that I know of that are good with their mouse n key bored so maybe you guys could think something up? :D

Food for thought.

Actually, it isn't that easy. Seeing as though there's the Athletics skill (this is the one with +5 HP) and there is the Survival Skill (obtained through the Traveler Quest), it'd take a staff's time in order to input this value in as well. Also, there is also the overhealth buffs (it's in Artisan and Alchemist) which is applicable depending on whether the player chooses to use it. Last but not least, an actual HP bar that looks aesthetically pleasing is difficult to code (if you were not going to use a raw image as you would then have to create lots of padding and make it so that it fits in well) and if you wanted it to lower and raise itself, it would cause conflict between coinciding RPs.

Although this may seem easy (which by itself isn't easy and would need a new system of "checks"), it'd be difficult with premade forum software (which is currently IP.Boards). The easiest way would be to create a plugin by yourself rather than recoding the entire software, which still isn't easy. Instead, the signatures that are unnecessary and are created by the users themselves can be easily edited whenever they see fit. Instead of having to do a bunch of different things that the GMs need to do, they can easily just keep the actual photo and edit the layers with the text.

Also, cosmetic means something applied to another to make it look better. There is no note of it saying it being unnecessary.

Alright I see where you're coming from, I didn't think of the skill sets. However I did not mean a WORKING hp bar. Cosmetic means no not useable, just for looks..ect.. and useing a potion, or a skill, or anything to temp up or down your HP wouldn't go into the bar regardless of coding. That'd be way too much work for no reason at all. As you'r hp would only be effected in ~ONE~ forum, which I'm assuming you knew. The point of it was to make it look cooler, that's it; as I stated in my first post.

Why is everyone being so..harsh about this? It was literally just a fun idea to put at the top of the page.

Help, it is a good suggestion, and of course it would be something neat to implement. But of course I believe there are easier ways to go about it that wouldn't require having to put code in.

I was actually a part of another SAO board on Proboards a while back that had a cool menu overlay that looked like the menu in SAO that linked to various parts of the site. However I do have some experience in HTML, CSS, and Javascript, and having a kind of system that is capable of doing that for hundreds of members would be very difficult to pull off, as simple as it seems.

Nonetheless it would be pretty cool to have, so maybe at some point we can play around with the idea and see if it's feasible or not :P

I agree, it is a really cool idea to implement if possible. But, having a little experience with coding myself, I can see why it would be a little difficult with all of the other skills involved, especially since we work here on something like an honor system, rather than literally selecting from a menu and the stats automatically being applied. The only simpler option that I could possibly think of would be the said honor system that we already go with, and just have a [Hp:____] That we type in the total and it will show up with a health bar over our icon or something. 

But like I said, would definitely be cool to see... might put Cal out of business though xD