[PP-F3] - Mat grinding [Ssendom]

The warm summer's day on Floor three was a most welcome experience. Thorrissia had found herself bored of wondering aimlessly around the two lowers floors so had decided to pay the one above a visit. The hazy weather and long green grass was beautiful, the thatched cottages of the Delilah village were quaint and quiet and the amount of colourful flowers really lightened the mood. A now rather exhausted Thorrissia found that the heat had made her rather tired. It was just too comfortable around here, so she mosied over to the inviting looking shade of a thick leafed old oak tree and quietly slid down between the roots and made herself at home. "Ahhhhh summer." The girl smiled happily to herself, snuggling up against the bark for a nice long nap. 

Ssendom had his hands behind his head laying on the ground taking a nap under a tree within the town of Delilah Village, the gentle breeze brushed against himself and made the tree sway about. He had placed himself perfectly so even though the tree flowed about he didn't have the sun light beaming on his eyes. He was in his casual outfit of a skin tight tanktop that put emphasis on his physique that he had before they were locked in the game. His pants were overly baggy with the ends frayed held up and in place with twin belts that were lined with golden trim and metal ends. His overly massive scarf was taken off and placed in such a way that it was used as a pillow actually with his gloves fitted to his hands. his entire clothes were as brown as his hair.

He randomly heard an unfamiliar voice 'Ahhhhh Summer' this caused him to stir awake a bit, to which he sat up, "Yeah the heat of summer far beats the freezing cold of the fourth floor." He shivered as he mentioned that out loud, he looked around to see where the voice had come from but he was still groggy from waking up from his long nap. He rubbed his eyes to see if he could figure out where the voice came from but was still having a difficult time doing so.

Thorrissia jumped at the sound of another voice, blinking groggily into the distance and seeing nobody. She sincerely hoped she was not going crazy. After a loud yawn and a nice good long stretch she noticed that she was not alone. It appeared that somebody else had taken to the same notion and decided to take a nap under the oak tree. The man snoozing next to her looked to be in his late teens or early twenties and his face was unfamiliar to her. Thorry had never met him before. "​I'm afraid I'm rather unfamiliar with floor four. To be honest this is the furthest I've travelled up the Aincrad levels." The girl shrugged, shifting from her comfortable lying down position into one more easier to communicate in. "What brings you to floor three?" She asked him curiously, getting the idea that he was possibly a slightly higher level player based on his earlier statement. 

He yawned and stretched after she had inducing him to do the same thing as he realized the voice came from behind him. "What am I doing on this floor?" He thought for a minute then looked at her with a smile, "I completely forgot" He chuckled showing his pearly whites. After a moment of him catching his breath he opened his crimson eyes looking at her, "I guess I am here to farm some materials or something, I don't even remember at this point... I was napping for so long and just enjoying myself here in Delilah Village. The temperature climate is perfect for naps under a tree since the sky is usually clear as all get out, sometimes a cloud or two float through the sky." He stated as he turned his head staring at the sky showing off his defined jawline. He returns his gaze with a more inquisitive nature, "You say this is the highest floor you've traveled to thus far? What brings you to this floor if you don't mind me asking?"

This fellow seemed good natured enough, unlike some of the much less friendly characters roaming around the area that she'd encountered. Thorrissia listened with interest as he explained his purpose in visiting the rather sparsely populated Delilah village. Apart from a few graceful elven NPC's floating around, there really wasn't that much happening on floor three. "You're certainly right about the weather. I came up here all purpose and completely forgot what I was doing." The brunette shrugged with a slight smile, gazing peacefully up into the bright blue atmosphere. When her fellow player inquired about what she was actually doing here though, the smile morphed into a slight frown. "Something of a similar nature, although I'm here more for levelling than anything else. I'm trying to pick up as many skill points, ExP, and Col as possible so I can get stronger. I have this sort of impossible dream of joining up with the advanced team at some point if I can ever catch up with the higher level players.

He looked at her when she mentioned she was there to try and get levels to catch up to those upon the front lines. It caused him to give a simple smile, "Admirable goal. I was in the same boat as you. I dedicated myself to getting stronger over the past few weeks, which caused the strongest guild Azure Brigade to notice and offer me recruitment. And I got wind that our Commandant was successful in slaying the massive Yamato no Orochi. I don't make any decisions within my guild, nor does my word have much say. But they have told me that I am participating in the next Floor Boss, that I have demonstrated a strong enough presence to warrant being apart of the fight." He blabs on to her for a little bit, "I know that's a bit of gloating, but what I am trying to say is if you dedicate yourself you can do it too." He expresses to her.

His speech and spiel to her caused him to think a bit about it then hop up and walk to the opposite side of the tree for a bit of modesty to swap from his casual clothing to his battle attire. His Onyx Dreaded Armor adorned causing his to seem twice the size in mass due to it's bulky nature, he stepped out from behind the tree with his helmet having the invisible parameters set even though it is there equipped. "How about we go hunting so I can see my future Advanced teammate in action." His face had a serious look, yet an inviting one though his armor seemed to scream pure intimidation.

Coloured font why you no work eh

In all truthfulness Thorrissia may or may not have tuned out just a little bit during the middle of his speech, but she felt like she was nodding her head in the appropriate places so hopefully he wouldn't notice. "That's pretty impressive. Managing to get all the way up to such a high level in the space of a few weeks that the Azure Brigade would accept you." She inputted what felt like an appropriate compliment into the conversation and put on her best winning smile as the other player went to get changed into his armour behind the oak tree. The main problem with conversations was that Thorry had the attention span of a goldfish when it came to social interaction. She wasn't trying to be rude and phase out, it just sort of happened sometimes and she ended up skipping to the bits where it was her doing the talking. Although, the fact that she might actually be able to end up on the advance team on a couple of months was definitely a promising thought. It would require some serious grinding though.

When the dark haired fellow emerged from behind the oak tree, he seemed to have doubled in width, although that was mainly due to his armour than anything else. Perhaps I should call him the incredible bulk. A nasty little sarcastic voice snickered in the back of her head, although her nicer side swiftly told it to shut up. Thorrissia ignored her demonic impulses and swiftly accepted his invitation. "Ha ha sure. Why not? It would be good to have somebody to partner up with." She replied in a friendly tone, picking herself up from between the tangled tree roots and equipping her weapon.

He nodded at her, "Then company we both shall have. Now what sort of material gathering would you like to do? Hunting of monsters or searching for materials in the wilderness?" He asked her, while pulling down his menu HUD to look over his notes about the 3rd floor he obtained from an information broker in his off time. He placed his heavily armored gauntlet to his chin with just the index finger side and the tip of his thumb upon it as if he were deep in thought, "Well if we're going to fight monsters we're probably going to want to steer clear of the Minotaurs in the Misty Forest to the north. Those things pack a bit of a bunch, probably harder than you're willing or able to handle since I don't know your armor details." he rambled on to himself.

After a minute of reading the map he put it away and looked at her, "Well. We can do both, we'll go and fight the bison to the south. They arn't nearly as tough as the Minotaur's in the forest, but at the same time they're neutral monsters. Bison won't fight until you engage them first, which allows us to roam the fields gathering materials and probably learning a thing or two about each other since we'll be fighting together at the same token." He explains to her, watching to see how she reacted to his ramblings, "Sound good?"

"Sounds good to me. I am most definitely willing to go and fight some bison." Thorrissia replied as her fellow player thought over a possible action plan for some battling. She wasn't all too interested in going after any minotaurs at this point in time. She didn't have the skills or the weaponry at the moment, and probably not the levels either "It wouldn't hurt for me to pick up some materials along the way though as well so we can go mat grinding too." The girl shrugged, catching a stray strand of hair and anchoring it behind her ear. The nature of her hair cut didn't allow it to stay there very long however, and soon the wind was whipping it into her face once again. "I'm Thorrissia by the way. Nice to meet you. I'm only at level seven at the moment so I doubt I'll be too much use in a fight, but if that won't bother you too much then we're good." She stated with a small smile as they began to set off through the long wavy grass to go kill some serious cow. 

Ssendom turned his head turn his head towards Thorrissia, "Nice to meet you Thorrissia, the name is Ssendom. And since you casually decided to mention your level it wouldn't hurt to share mine as well, Level 21. Some call me The Dreadnought, but most just refer to me as Dom. Except a few people give my very specific names, up to you if you wish to call me anything you'd like that'd make things easier for you since we'll be fighting side by side." He explained in a very long winded and pointless explanation again as which felt like was becoming normal for him, "And if you'd like me to shut up at some point just say so." He laughs when making this comment.

Exiting the town his head glows in a light blue light and his helm appears in place over his head, finishing the idea of an intimidating presence from his Full Plate that felt slightly ominous itself. The winds were at decent strength which could be felt even through his armor, "Well the wind is out in force today, might be a good day for material farming then. And we'll fight some Bison, because no one is ever a bother in combat. There are trained and soon to be trained fighters in my opinion." He turns his head and it seems as though he was smiling through it, "And you're going to get that training." He chuckled in a happy tone.

'Dom' seemed a pleasant enough character even if he seemed to prattle on a little bit. He may be thirteen levels above her, but Thorry was confident that with a decent weapon she might actually turn out to be a decent combatant, and she was slowly saving up the cash for that day. When the dark haired man humorously suggested she could tell him to shut up at any time, Thorrissia just laughed in response. "It's fine really. Talk as much as you like. It's not often I have company." Thorry's pale green eyes dulled somewhat at the thought. It was true. She didn't really have too much company often. Golden was sort of a friend she supposed, although they'd never really talked properly, just stabbed things for fun together. It was nice to actually hang out with somebody for once. 

As the two players ambled casually across the line, Thorry got quite the shock as a large metal helmet materialised in a violent flash of blue light. She stumbled backwards in surprise, almost tripping over a stray stone. "Couldn't give me some warning next time that's going to happen could you?" The brunette stated dryly, her attention soon turning irritably to her hair. The wind was mercilessly whipping her choppy chestnut locks into her face, making it difficult to see. Not good weather for combat in her case. She might need to invest in a helmet at some point. When Dom turned his head to her to explain the plan, the girl couldn't help but find it a little amusing how happy an intimidating set of armour could be. "Sounds like a plan to me. Let's go get some stuff."

ID: 22316

LD: 11 + 1 = 12 (no material)

ID: 22317

LD: 4 + 1 = 5 (no material)

ID: 22318

LD: 17 + 1 = 18 (material)

ID: 22319

LD: 3 + 1 = 4 (no material)

He looked forward then it truly dawned on him that his helmet had finally materialized, "Oh yeah sorry about that. It does it on it's own unless I keep the parameters set to have my helmet show as hidden. It's happened so many times I forget it even happens that this point." he blurted as he laughed at the same time, "Alright then, lets go get us some stuff indeed."

Upon reaching a field of flowers it became even more humorous as the massive set of armor seemed to be sifting through the flowers picking one up every now and again. In his first searching through the small field he seemed to only find a single flower that had the stats on it he was looking for. He dropped his menu HUD and pulled out a small sack from his inventory then touched the flower to it making it glow blue then vanished. He stood up straight and tied the little pouch to his waist, then he turned to her, "Go ahead and peer through this grouping of flowers, maybe you'll have better luck finding materials than I." He stated in a more serious tone than before.

Materials Gathered (Ssendom): 1

Materials Gathered (Thorrissia): 0

ID: 22340

LD: 11 [nothing]

ID: 22341

LD: 17 [+1 mat]

ID: 22343
LD: 7 [nothing]

ID: 22344

LD: 19 [+1 mat]

"It's alright. I'm just not so good with surprises." Thorry shrugged with a slight laugh to Dom, now finding the sudden appearance of his helmet rather amusing as they began to stroll through the flower beds. As the large suit of armour began to fawn curiously through the flower stalks, the brunette couldn't help but break out in a sudden burst of laughter, her cheeks flushing with colour. "You do know you look like Sauron hunting for pansy's with that on don't you?" She snickered, having to wipe a few tears of hilarity from her eyes upon her arm. Once she'd recovered from just how funny the scene had been, Thorry began to follow Dom's advice and start brushing through the bright coloured flowers for a collectable item. "Hey check it out! I got something!" The girl exclaimed with glee, holding up a couple of violet petaled plants with a big triumphant grin splashed across her features. After a couple of moments of thought, a small frown wound its way onto her lips. "Huh. Only problem now is what I can do with them. Is there any place I can sell stuff like this in mass quantities or anything?" She asked Dom curiously, examining her catches. 

Mat total [ssendom:: 1]

Mat total [Thorrissia:: 2]

ID: 22405

LD: 2 + 1 = 3

ID: 22406

LD: 10 + 1 = 11

ID: 22407

LD: 1 + 1 = 2

ID: 22408

LD: 7 + 1 = 8

Ssendom sifted through the flowers even more then heard the belly laughing that came from Thorrissia, he turned to her and jokingly put his index tip with the rest of his hand in a clinch to his chin and humorously said "Whoooo? Muaahhhh???" He followed it up by laughing in unison with her, "Yeah I bet you're right, I look like Sauron looking for Pansy's like this." He turning his head back looking for anything he could use for materials but alas to no avail. He found nothing through the bed of flowers for himself to use.

He turned to Thorrissia when she told him to check out what she found. He looked over into her hands and saw that she had 2 materials resting in her hands. He looked up to her face to respond to her then her face turned sour when she hadn't a clue to use for them, "Hold onto them. You'll find a profession you have a passion for soon enough, and you'll need every material you can find. Stock up and save up on them. I've gone through 40+ Materials and I need over thousands more, but I enjoy cooking myself so I am willing to sift through these flowers looking like a jolly ol' fool to do it." He said in a happy resounding tone hoping he gave her a change of view.

((Sorry this took so long. Life is a doucher))

Materials Gathered (Ssendom): 1

Materials Gathered (Thorrissia): 2

ID: 22459

LD: 3

ID: 22460

ID: 22461

LD: 4

ID: 22462

LD: 20 [+1 mat]

So it was better to hold onto materials than sell them? Thorry filed the information away, hoping that it might come in useful. "​You're sure I shouldn't sell them then? I'll keep that in mind." The girl said more to herself than to Dom, thinking quietly over the possible options for her in game future. "I've been thinking very vaguely about becoming an alchemist, although I'm not entirely sure if that's really what I want to do, or if I'll even choose a profession in the game. It's probably a decent way to earn some col though." The brunette mused thoughtfully as she rifled through the flower beds to try and find some more items. It took her a little while, but eventually she managed to snap another unsuspecting pansy from it's stalk and add the pretty petaled flower into her inventory. 

"So, cooking. What induced you to take it up as a profession?" Thorrissia asked her gathering companion with interest, abandoning her search for a moment in order to hear the man's story. Perhaps if she understood why people chose the professions they did, it might make it easier for her to choose her own. Always good to hear an outside opinion. 

Nah it's fine c:

Mat total [ssendom:: 1]

Mat total [Thorrissia:: 3]

ID: 22466

LD: 6 + 1 = 7

ID: 22467

LD: 16 + 1 = 17

ID: 22468

LD: 14 + 1 = 15

ID: 22469

LD: 14 + 1 = 15

He decided to stand up and start walking to the next bed of flowers listening to his current partner in crime, "There are honestly two things you can do with materials that make sense with them. Hold onto them and use them for your crafting profession. Or use them to assist in purchasing your equipment or other things you need such as Potions, Foods, or the what not." He explained to her in detail to help acclimate her to how the system ran, something he had to fight on his own to learn yet he didn't mind sharing his learning with others.

Upon reaching another flower bed he got extremely excited and found a cluster of flowers good for mixing ingredients and nabbed them all, "You know Alchemy is an interesting one and this world needs more alchemists to be truthfully honest. Though we need a lot of things that aren't blacksmiths, everyone and their mother thinks they're the next best hammer smacker in the world. The only two I trust with my equipment is my love and my commandant." He expressed to her trying to help give her an idea and a passion she could follow. She then decided to ask him what made him take up cooking which caused him to smile although she couldn't see it. "Well, I always had to cook for myself while I was at home cause how things just ran at home. But the real reason why I took up cooking, was because I wanted to treat my love with the best food possible, she was the reason I decided to get into it. And I haven't regretted it one iota." He mentioned in an almost sweet and innocent sounding tone.

Materials Gathered (Ssendom): 4

Materials Gathered (Thorrissia): 3

ID: 22760

LD: 10

ID: 22761

ID: 22762

LD: 6

ID: 22763

LD: 5

The young warrior listened intently as Dom explained the ins and outs of material gather, following him over to the next patch of flowers which seemed to refuse yielding her any loot. "There certainly are quite a lot of blacksmiths out there." Thorrissia agreed, slightly distracted by rifling through the flowers. Still no items that she could use. "I've been trying to get a sword commission for me that'll really up my combat levels by quite a bit. That way I can buy some decent armour after that and maybe I'll actually be half dangerous in a battle." She shrugged, listening with curiosity as Dom explained his reasons for taking up cooking. They certainly brought a smile to her face. 

"That's rather romantic." Thorrissia chuckled, kicking through another patch of useless flowers. "I would take up cooking as a profession, only problem is if how I cook in real life is any pointer then I should probably stay away from it. I used to have to make all the meals for my siblings, and after setting fire to the kitchen twice everyone agreed it would be best to stick to microwave meals." The girl laughed fondly at the memory of a bunch of panicking kids screaming and scrambling for the fire hydrant. Oh, those were the days. 

Mat total [ssendom:: 4]

Mat total [Thorrissia:: 3]

Ssendom laughed out loud as he heard her capabilities at cooking in the real life, "I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude, but it was rather humorous to say." He did a fake wipe of a tear against his helmet for the added humor. "And thank you, I'm trying to better myself at it so I can give her an amazing dinner." He sounded rather sweet and innocent in his words. Just after saying that a Bison happened to walking into his field of vision, "And that Bison makes me want to cook it. Lets do this!" He seemed to flip a complete 180 in his actions though his tone didn't seem to change at all.

ID: 23083

BD: 9 + 3 = Crit (8 + 1 + 1 Charge = 10 DMG)

MD: 2 (Miss)

CD: 7 (No Battle Healing)

Ssendom triggers his charge ability becoming a black blur as he moves at an astonishing speed toward the unsuspecting bison. He shoulder slams into it knocking it back a slight bit then does a slight forward dash step following it up by swinging his heavy two-handed blade with one hand in a wide circular pattern launching the bison into the air with a very powerful stroke, "Switch Thorry!" He shouted to her, guessing at a nickname she might have, if not it would be what he called her.

Ssendom 57/57

Thorrissia 23/23

Bison 26/26 -10 = 16/26

(Does 1 DMG)

((Again sorr,y! I blanked yesterday))

ID: 23117

BD: 8

Nahhhh it's all good. 

"No, laugh away. It was rather funny. Well, the bit when the fire fighters showed up at the house wasn't, but in hindsight that was also rather amusing." The girl shrugged with a small smile, her eyes flittering towards the bison standing near by that Dom had spotted. The large shaggy brown haired cow thing was milling casually through the long stems of flowers, occasionally taring a petaled snack from the ground and munching lazily upon it. It looked sort of innocent and sad. Such a shame. "Woah woah wait for me!" The brunette exclaimed in an almost childish surprise upon seeing her companion blitz into the distance and begin to engage the target. The young warrior was forced to dash after him at top speed just to arrive in time to switch in the exceptional combatant. 

"Guess we're eating sunny side up." Thorry muttered humorously to herself upon seeing the upside down bison. The large shaggy beast was braying miserably, waving it's four hoofed feet aimlessly around in the air like an overturned beetle. Thorrissia raced towards the bison and plunged her sword into the creature while it was still out for the count. Not the most impressive of feats, but still. She'd actually managed to hit it at least. "Switch!" The girl called out to Dom, high tailing it out of the way so he could engage the bison once more. 

Ssendom [HP:: 57/57] 

Thorrissia [HP:: 23/23] 

Bison [HP:: -3 = 13/26] 

ID: 23373

BD: 8 + 3

MD: 7

CD: 12

The Bison thudded upon the ground which Ssendom didn't hesitate to charge at. As Thorrissia yelled for a switch, he brought his blade down upon the exactly as she got out of the way. The blade dropped with enough force that the bison barely clipped Ssendom's armor with it's small horn then got pinned upon the ground unable to move or retaliate. "Alright, this thing is all yours." He pulled up his blade and dropped it upon his shoulder, his armor slightly glowed in a green light and the damage he had taken from the bison healed right back to full, "Gotta love Battle Healing." After saying that he made sure to back up a bit to give her a direct shot at the beast to strike it.

Ssendom 57/57 (-1) (+1)

Thorrissia 23/23

Bison 13/26 -8 = 5/26

(Does 1 DMG)