SP - F10 Cavern Scavenging (9th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Completed)

Calrex gave a sigh as he arrived on the tenth floor, in the main settlement of Yomi. He was already clad in his Grand Chariot armor as he looked around. Around his neck was the Ocean's Defense, and strapped to the back of his hip was the Grand Blade, one version of the set he called the Grand Armament.

"Alright, I've got quite a few orders to fill today. In terms of priority Meo said she needed 10 materials or more, followed by Ariel's 13, then from there I can work on getting 10 for Clarence and a large amount for Mari to use. Alright, let's do this."

With a few swipes on his menu he retrieved the Chocolate Bar he had purchased from the Phoenix Grill on the ninth floor, quickly munching it down. As he did he looked up and quickly summoned his peregrine falcon familiar, Roc. The bird appeared in a flash of light, settling down next to Calrex, "Alright, we've got a lot of orders today, so let's see how quickly we can get them done alright?"

Roc immediately took off, flying over the gates leading out of Yomi as Calrex got to his feet, following behind.

Total Buff for Thread: 2 Search and Detect + 1 Ocean's Defense + 2 Chocolate Bar = +5 to Loot Dice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 22236-22238, 22240

Loot Dice 1: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24

Loot Dice 2: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14

Loot Dice 3: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25

Loot Dice 4: 7 (Total Buff +5) = 12

Out of the gate Calrex and Roc were able to procure a single material each. Calrex, taking the ground immediately around the path to search, managed to find what appeared to be some strange kind of dark purple leafy herb that grow just off of the paved road. He knelt down and plucked the plant, giving it a quick sniff. As he did his senses seemed to come alive for a second before he got a hold of himself, shaking his head and holding the herb away from him, "That...seems to be very powerful. I think Mari or Clarence could put it to good use. Although...I think I should be careful about sniffing too many of these."

At the same time Roc returned back to Calrex as he dropped another odd item on the ground, a glowing flower which had a bright yellow glow. "Nice work there Roc. This should prove useful, although for what I'm not sure."

He made a few swipes and added both items to his inventory before getting back to his feet, "Let's see if I can gather more than enough materials and fill these orders quickly."

Total: 2

Danger Level: 0/3

ID: 22245-22248
Loot Dice 1: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 2: 7 (Total Buff +5) = 12
Loot Dice 3: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 4: 13 (Total Buff +5) = 18

After searching around some more Calrex found two of the same purple herbs he had seen previously as he plucked both, "Hm...both of these seem to be in good shape...but I guess I'd best give both a test to see if they're in good shape."

The first one had a similar effect to the previous herb as Calrex felt his senses become more active, as if he had been put into some state of alert. The second one, however, seemed to either have a lessened or even reverse effect, "I guess this one is bad then, possibly starting to rot?"

He tossed the second herb as Roc descended and dropped off two more flowers before taking off back into the air, "Well, at least he's having some good luck as well."

Calrex retrieved the flowers and added them to his inventor before getting to his feet, "Looks like we're off to a good start so far. Let's hope this good luck persists."

Total: 5

ID: 22720-22723
Loot Dice 1: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14
Loot Dice 2: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17
Loot Dice 3: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17
Loot Dice 4: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23

As his gathering trip continued Calrex and Roc together managed to procure three more objects they deemed suitable for usage in the shops. One was another herb, this time picked by Roc. Calrex made note than when the falcon dropped it off he seemed a little loopy, as his descent was closer to a crash than a landing. However, right as Roc dropped the herb he quickly regained his senses and took off back into the air once again.

The other two items were a couple of odd green glowing slugs that were moving across the ground. Even the slime they were using to travel had a faint glow to it. He picked both of them up, the creature promptly hiding into their shell before being added to his inventory, "Alright, two more items left to gather before dropping them off at Meo's shop. After that is Ariel."

Total: 8

ID: 22830-22833
Loot Dice 1: 7 (Total Buff +5) = 12
Loot Dice 2: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)
Loot Dice 3: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 4: 4 (Total Buff +5) = 9

After a few more minutes of searching Calrex deemed the area he was scavenging in out of objects suitable for materials, at least to his knowledge. Roc had flown in with another flower like they had found previously, but the immediately ground where he was searching no longer contained any of the herbs or snails from before, nor any other items in the environment that could be useful.

To add to that Calrex thought he had heard the shambling of monsters nearby, using his <<Reveal>> and <<Night Vision>> skills to tr and confirm their location. Unfortunately, they were still out of range for him to get a bearing on their location. However, to get some distance from them he had used his <<Sprint>> ability to move further down the path, getting about fifty paces from the monsters before stopping, "Well we managed to find one at least...just one more then I'll make a quick stop at Meo's shop to drop them off."

Total: 9

Danger Level: 1/3
ID: 22876-22877, 22879-22880
Loot Dice 1: 3 (Total Buff +5) = 8
Loot Dice 2: 4 (Total Buff +5) = 9
Loot Dice 3: 11 (Total Buff +5) = 16
Loot Dice 4: 17 (Total Buff +5) = 23

Upon exploring the new area he had ended up in Calrex managed to find a couple more of the herbs that he and Roc had both discovered previously after exiting the gate of the settlement. Unfortunately to confirm they were still effective he had to give them another sniff, the strange sensation coursing through him once again. Quickly regaining his senses he added the materials to his inventory, totaling two more he had found, "Alright, so that fills Meo's order. Best starting making my way back. From what I remember she needed them pretty soon."

At the same time Calrex saw Roc flying overhead with some odd object in his mouth. As he landed Calrex's eyes managed to focus on the object enough, discerning a series of short legs connected to a very long body. The game's version of a centipede. Roc had the actual stinging part in his mouth, "Roc...you sure that's..."

Before Calrex could finish his sentence Roc made a quick head jerk, slamming the insect into the rock ground beneath him. The blow seemed to finish off the centipede as it stopped all movement immediately after. Following the strike Roc quickly slurped down the insect as Calrex put a hand behind his head, "Alright, well in any case let's get moving back to the settlement."

Total: 11

ID: 23045-23048
Loot Dice 1: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17
Loot Dice 2: 15 (Total Buff +5) = 20
Loot Dice 3: 6 (Total Buff +5) = 11

After making a quick stop on the fourth floor Calrex returned back to the tenth floor to search for more materials, Roc materializing once again in the air, "Alright, let's see what we can find."

This time there appeared to be more objects suitable for usage than before right after the two left the gate. Roc managed to procure a few more of the flowers while Calrex found yet another herb, adding the three materials to his inventory. He gave a calming breath and got to his feet, looking around, "Alright, off to a good start so far. Let's hope I can quickly fill Ariel's order, then I can focus on Clarence and Mari's."

With that he started further down the path.

Total: 4 (-10 Donated to Meokka's Crescent Hare Forge)

ID: 23092-23095
Loot Dice 2: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 3: 16 (Total Buff +5) = 21

After moving into another area Calrex and Roc were able to find another set of three materials. While Roc procured a flower from a location further away from where Calrex was, the player was able to find a strange new objet amongst the landscape that would prove useful: a couple of strange mushrooms what seemed to be of a green and purple color. "Hm...in the real world these would likely be deemed toxic, especially with a color scheme like that. But here I'm sure that it can be put to good use."

He plucked enough for two handfuls and added them to his inventory before getting to his feet, dusting his hands off, "Okay, let's keep this up. It seems if I don't linger there are more materials I'm able to gather. Well...I guess that's obvious, but nonetheless let's keep moving."

Total: 7

ID: 23100-23103

Loot Dice 1: 11 (Total Buff +5) = 16
Loot Dice 3: 5 (Total Buff +5) = 10

"This area seems to be less bountiful in useful materials. I wonder if I've searched this area already..."

Calrex scanned around the immediate area around him with his <<Reveal>>, trying to discern if there were any useful items he could procure. Unfortunately it appeared there were none to be found. All of the plants in the area were either too young, rotting, or infested with insects. He gave a sigh as he started moving on to the next area to search. At the same time Roc quickly landed on his shoulder and dropped off yet another flower before taking off back into the air once again, "Well, at least one of us is still having some luck."

ID: 23112-23115

Loot Dice 1: 16 (Total Buff +5) = 21
Loot Dice 2: 8 (Total Buff +5) = 13
Loot Dice 3: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24
Loot Dice 4: 11 (Total Buff +5) = 16

"Hm...alright I think I'm on the right track in this area. Let's just hope I can continue finding more at this pace."

After moving his position once again Calrex managed to find a new area which seemed to have more materials for the picking. He managed to procure another two handfuls of mushrooms, adding them to his inventory with a few swipes on his menu before Roc descended. While the falcon had yet another centipede in his mouth he was also able to procure another glowing flower that was in good condition.

"Hm...That chocolate bar is really coming in handy. It seems like I can spend less time inspecting each material if they are suitable or not. I...just kind of intuitively know."

ID: 23121-23124

Loot Dice 2: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 3: 8 (Total Buff +5) = 13
Loot Dice 4: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23

Upon searching the immediate area he had entered Calrex managed to procure two more materials suitable for usage, "Alright, with this that makes thirteen, which completes the rest of Ariel's old order. Whew, glad to finally to have that done. Now to drop these off at her shop, then get started on Clarence and Mari."

"Knowing with how much crafting Mari is able to do each day I'll likely need to focus on her's as a slightly higher priority than Clarence, but maybe I can split up the gathering, filling both of their orders at once. We'll see."

"Roc, let's head back to the gate."

Hearing his companion's call Roc quickly turned and made his way over back towards the settlement, Calrex following using his <<Sprint>> ability.

Total: 13

ID: 23131-23134

Loot Dice 1: 2 (Total Buff +5) = 7
Loot Dice 2: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 3: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24

After making the delivery to the fourth floor once again Calrex quickly returned back to the tenth floor and left the settlement, starting to scavenge around while aided by his <<Reveal>> skill, "Alright, let's see what we can find today..."

Roc rematerialized nearby and began to immediately make his way towards an area further away. During that time Calrex was able to find a couple more snails that he had seen before, adding them to his inventory. After some time the peregrine falcon returned, dropping off an herb. However, this one seemed different than the other one he had seen before. It seemed closer to a root than an herb, and actually lacked a smell or scent. "Huh odd, but I guess if Roc deems it suitable there has to be some kind of usage to it."

Total: 3 (-13 Donated to Ariel's Lion's Den)

ID: 23139-23142

Loot Dice 1: 4 (Total Buff +5) = 9
Loot Dice 2: 17 (Total Buff +5) = 22
Loot Dice 3: 6 (Total Buff +5) = 11

Upon arriving in the next area it seemed this spot was barren of materials as Calrex searched around, giving a sigh as got to his feet after a few minutes of scavenging, "Alright, no luck here. Best get moving on. I can't spend time dilly-dallying."

At the same time Roc flew in and dropped off a couple more suitable mushrooms for use as materials. Calrex quickly added them to his inventory as he gave a nod to the falcon, who took off into the air once again, "Let's see if there's any more in the next area."

With that he departed from where he was standing, heading further down the path.

Total: 5

ID: 23151-23154

Loot Dice 1: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24
Loot Dice 3: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 4: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17

Upon arriving in the area it seemed that it was more bountiful with materials. Calrex was able to procure one of each type of herb he and Roc had encountered so far on the floor, in addition to his familiar bringing yet another glowing flower from nearby. He made a few swipes on his menu and quickly added the items to his inventory, "So far that makes 8, so four for both Clarence and Mari at the moment. Still going faster than I expected. Maybe I should purchase more of those bars from the Phoenix Grill. They're certainly going to come in handy on trips like this."

With that he got to his feet, immediately proceeding to the next part of the field area.

ID: 23163-23166

Loot Dice 1: 4 (Total Buff +5) = 9
Loot Dice 2: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 3: 4 (Total Buff +5) = 9

There appeared to be less items to be found in the next as Calrex scanned around, using his <<Reveal>> skill as well to try and discern any objects in the landscape that would be useful as materials. However, all he managed to procure was a single herb from the entire area as he gave a sigh, getting to his feet and dusting his hands off, "Let's see if Roc had any more luck."

As if on cue his familiar appeared and landed on his shoulder. Calrex turned and looked back quickly backing away, forcing Roc to flap and maintain his flight. There was another centipede in the falcon's mouth, but this time the head was sticking out. Calrex had forgotten about the fact he was wearing the Grand Chariot and reacted like one would if their exposed face in close contact with a centipede.

"Geezes, scared the heck out of me on that one. In any case let's keep moving."

Total: 9

ID: 23221-23224

Loot Dice 1: 17 (Total Buff +5) = 22
Loot Dice 2: 2 (Total Buff +5) = 7
Loot Dice 3: 13 (Total Buff +5) = 18
Loot Dice 4: 3 (Total Buff +5) = 8

After moving to their next location Calrex and Roc managed to retrieve two more materials, one handful of the strange colored mushrooms and another glowing flower. Spending a few more minutes searching around the area Calrex quickly deemed that there were no more items useful for materials as he gave a sigh, "Alright, let's see what's in the next area. I've got to be careful though. I don't want to wander too close to Tartarus or the Stygian."

He got to his feet and dusted off his hands, signaling to Roc as the two moved along to the next gathering area.

ID: 23254-23257

Loot Dice 1: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)
Loot Dice 2: 17 (Total Buff +5) = 22
Loot Dice 3: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14
Loot Dice 4: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1, Encounter Triggered!)

ID: 23257
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

As Calrex entered into the next area, almost immediately his <<Reveal>> skill showed that there was a monster nearby, "I'd best keep quiet and get what I can before splitting. At least, if I want to give this a shot..."

He was able to procure one herb from the ground, but then as he was heading away Roc suddenly landed on his shoulder, causing a clank sound to emanate from his armor. Upon this happening, the monster turned to face him, its eyes locked on its prey as it let out a roar. Calrex quickly turned, signaling to Roc, who went up into the air, hovering overhead, "Guess so much for that..."

Seeing a flying sickle come at him Calrex quickly deflected it to the side with the Grand Blade as he drew it from his sheath, his eyes locked on the monster. As it got closer it began to take form, a tattered cloak encapsulating the form of what appeared to be a skeleton, "Great...a reaper..."

He quickly dodged to the side as the sickle returned back towards the creature before he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly accelerate and close the distance, delivering a passing slash followed by a stab to the back to the creature.

Total: 12

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter Triggered)

HP List
Calrex: 91/91

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 36/45

ID: 23344

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

After his initial strike Calrex quickly turned as he prepared to delivery another attack in order to maintain the pressure he was putting on the cloaked skeleton. However, at the same time the reaper turned, its sickle at the ready. When Calrex delivered a quick strike across the creature, the sickle came down, cutting diagonally across the Grand Chariot in a critical hit. Calrex's eyes widened in surprise before leaping back, gathering himself, "That attack's effect...I've seen it before."

His mind immediately recalled his battle with the <<Snow Beast>> from the <<Essence of Steel>> quest he had undertaken some time back, "So...this creature has a phasing property as well. It seems even more effective than the beast's effect. I'd best be careful not to continue getting hit like that..."

Calrex gave a calming breath before flicking the Grand Blade into a hammer grip, lowering his stance, "Remember this creature is still a humanoid type, meaning that it still has limits to its range of movement. If I can get behind it once again, then I can exploit that limitation."

HP List
Calrex: 86/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 27/45

Property Discovered: Lesser Reaper has Partial Phasing (Half of total DMG always bypasses mitigation)

ID: 23352

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (+1 Thorns)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn)

Before Calrex could rush in the reaper was already charging at him, leaving him no time to sidestep or attack. Giving a calming breath he quickly flicked his wrist, sending the Grand Blade into a defensive series of rotations, his <<Parry>> skill activating. As the reaper got into striking range it began to hack wildly at Calrex, attempting to get through his defenses. Eventually a couple of strikes managed to lightly graze his armor, still partially phasing through. However, it was also enough that it triggered the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot, the light blue aura chains forming around wherever he was struck before exploding, knocking the reaper back while barraging it with shards.

The attack fended off Calrex stopped his defensive rotations before shifting his stance. His sword warm was in front, the Grand Blade's main edge facing towards the ceiling, with his forearm parallel to his neck. The tip of his sword was trained on the reaper as he readied for a fierce stab.

HP List
Calrex: 85/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 26/45 (+1 Thorns)

Partial Phasing (Half of total DMG always bypasses mitigation)

ID: 23422

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Using his <<Sprint>> skill to quickly accelerate once again Calrex closed the distance between him and the reaper in almost an instant as he thrust his sword forward, the tip jabbing into the monster's shoulder as it got pushed back by the force. The reaper was caught in surprise from the attack as it reeled from the blow, unable to counter as it began to compose itself, its sickle trained in Calrex.

"Alright, this is working well so far. I just hope I can keep this up. It's already down more than half, but that doesn't mean I should let me guard down. For all I know it might have ability to make itself stronger once its health drops to a certain point."

He gave a calming breath before twirling the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, preparing for the reaper's next attack.

HP List
Calrex: 85/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 17/45

Partial Phasing (Half of total DMG always bypasses mitigation)