SP - F10 Cavern Scavenging (9th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Completed)

ID: 24443-24446

Loot Dice 1: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 2: 11 (Total Buff +5) = 16
Loot Dice 3: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 4: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14

After defeating the corpse Calrex and Roc immediately resumed their search of the area for materials. Between the two of them, after spending a few minutes scavenging around, they managed to procure another three objects suitable for usage as materials. Roc had found another two of the glowing flowers, while Calrex found what appeared to be some strange kind of purple metal that had a luminescence about it.

"Alright, that makes another two, totaling sixteen for now. Of course guessing about Mari's diligence at crafting I should probably get more than double this so that she had enough for a week. Oh well...I'll keep working at it. There's still some time left in the day, so I'll see what I can gather before I need to head back."

Total: 16

Danger Level: 0/3
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 24450-4453

Loot Dice 1: 17 (Total Buff +5) = 22
Loot Dice 2: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14
Loot Dice 3: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14
Loot Dice 4: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25

"Hm...not so much in this area..."

Upon arriving in a new area Calrex and Roc began scavenging around for materials like before. This time both only managed to procure one material after a few minutes of looking around. Calrex had found another one of the strange snails from before, while Roc had found another herb. Of course, since the falcon had accidentally sniffed it the landing upon returning back to Calrex was not as composed as before, with the player turning and looking with a bead of sweat forming on the side of his head.

Getting back to his feet Calrex dusted off his hands before giving a calming breath, "Alright best keep moving on..."

Total: 18

ID: 24468-24471

Loot Dice 1: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 2: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 3: 16 (Total Buff +5) = 21
Loot Dice 4: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24

This area seemed to be more bountiful in items useable for materials. After spending only a minute of two searching around both Calrex and Roc managed to procure four materials, all of them being the glowing flowers from before. Swiping on his menu Calrex added the items to his inventory, a smirk coming across his face for a second, "Alright, let's hope we can get more results like this. It'll make the time pass by faster, plus then I can get more materials for Mari this way."

Nodding to Roc Calrex made note of this location before pressing onward. "I'll be sure to come back here if the other areas seem empty of materials."

Total: 22

ID: 24523-24526

Loot Dice 1: 6 (Total Buff +5) = 11
Loot Dice 2: 14 (Total Buff +5) = 19
Loot Dice 3: 2 (Total Buff +5) = 7
Loot Dice 4: 6 (Total Buff +5) = 11

The next area seemed to have been similar to the previous spot, but there was a problem that Calrex and Roc both encountered upon searching around. All of the material-eligible items in the area, save for one flower, were all infested with bugs. The mushrooms and herbs that Calrex looked through all were partially eaten or covered in the creatures, much to his disappointment. Tossing yet another mushroom aside he gave a sigh before getting to his feet, "Well, I guess that's it for this area. I'll be sure to avoid this spot for a while. Maybe the ecosystem will change over the course of time."

"Of course...that's if there is an actual established ecosystem here in SAO..."

Total: 23

ID: 24527-24530

Loot Dice 1: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 2: 14 (Total Buff +5) = 19
Loot Dice 3: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)
Loot Dice 4: 11 (Total Buff +5) = 16

"Great...another monster."

As Calrex and Roc arrived in the next area he was using his <<Reveal>> skill upon arrival, noticing another undead themed creature wandering around the immediate area. However, this spot was fairly bountiful in terms of materials, so the two decided to once again give it a shot. This time around it turned out fairly positive, as the two gathered a total of three materials. Calrex was close to getting a fourth, but before he could the creature let out a small roar, as if it had gotten a lock on his location.

Using his <<Sprint>> ability he quickly took off further down the path, getting away before the monster fully detected him. After getting out of view he stopped, giving a sigh of relief, "Alright, I'll make note of that location for now, but it might be better to come back after that thing despawns or moves on to another area."

Total: 26

Danger Level: 1/3

ID: 24531-24534

Loot Dice 1: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)
Loot Dice 2: 6 (Total Buff +5) = 11
Loot Dice 3: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 4: 8 (Total Buff +5) = 13

Calrex and Roc decided to search around the immediate area the armor-clad player had stopped to see if there were any materials. Unfortunately Roc was the only able to do so, bringing yet another flower before they heard the roar of the creature from earlier. It might not have gotten a full lock on Calrex's avatar, but it was still enough that it was searching them out.

"Great...if this was a stealth game I'd be in the yellow detection level right now. Best keep moving."

Activating his <<Sprint>> skill once again Calrex entered into a quick dash, covering a significant amount of distance before stopping. There were likely some areas that were littered with materials, but he decided to bypass them for now in order to get out of the monster's detection range. Giving a few breaths he looked back before moving forward further down the path, "Hopefully that was enough...if I end up fighting another that'll give me at least one more material, just enough for Mari to craft for about four days. If that's the case I'll call it a day and pick it up again some other time."

Total: 27

Danger Level: 2/3

ID: 24536-24539

Loot Dice 1: 3 (Total Buff +5) = 8
Loot Dice 2: 2 (Total Buff +5) = 7
Loot Dice 3: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 4: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24

It seemed that the monster had let the two go for now as all seemed quiet while Calrex and Roc continued searching for more materials. The next area they had arrived in seemed to be very sparse in terms of the useable materials they could procure. Roc had brought another strange colored mushroom, while Calrex found yet another luminescent stone. Adding the two items to his inventory he gave a quick look around, giving another sigh of relief, "Well, I think I finally got out of that creature's detection range. Hopefully it stays that way so that my detection level might drop back to zero. I'd really rather avoid having yet another battle while I'm out here."

Total: 29

Danger Level: 2/3

ID: 24544-24546

Loot Dice 1: 11 (Total Buff +5) = 16
Loot Dice 2: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 3: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1 / Encounter Activated)
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1 / Disguise +1) = 1

Upon arriving in a new area Calrex and Roc began scavenging, but only managed to get two materials before they suddenly heard footsteps really close by.

"Great...just our luck..."

Calrex turned around, his eyes locking on the creature in front of him. As he guessed, it was the undead creature that had detected from before. However, instead of a decomposing corpse like his second enemy, this one was a mere skeleton, carrying a sword and shield as its weapons. The rattling of its bones with each movement could be clearly heard as it began to approach him. Calrex unlocked the Grand Blade while leaving in the sheath, giving a calming breath.

"Alright then, I'll take this thing out, then make my way back to the settlement. Third time's the charm right?"

Using his <<Sprint>> ability he quickly rushed forward, his body becoming a blur as he drew the Grand Blade from its sheath. However, as he got just out of striking range he stepped to the side, going into the creature's blind spot.

"Let's see if this works on monsters..."

The blue armor seemed to vanish as suddenly a long red coat appeared, along with a feminine face and long red hair. The Grand Blade seemed to grew slightly longer, taking on the appearance of a katana. Using his <<Disguise>> skill, Calrex had changed to look like Teayre. Planting a foot the illusion delivered a swift slash across the skeleton's back, knocking it away. Immediately after the illusion began to fade, traces of the Grand Chariot beginning to flash back into view.

"Great, so it does work. Still doesn't help it has such a long cooldown time for a small opening to attack..."

Total: 31

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter Triggered)

HP List
Calrex: 84/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 12/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 36/45

ID: 24559

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn)

As the skeleton was recovering from Calrex's attack he rushed in once again, aiming to take advantage of the window provided during the creature's recovery animation. Unfortunately, as he got into striking range the Grand Blade, still partially the Oikawa Kanashiki, shifted fully back as the weight returned, throwing Calrex's slash off the mark as he flew past the monster, turning back to face it.

"Alright, I'll need to remember to let the Disguise skill fully dissipate first before attacking. It replicates a lot of the illusion in order to make it more believable, but that includes the sword's weight."

Flicking his sword into the <<Parry>> skill's defensive rotations he watched as the skeleton rushed forward, slamming sword and shield against the blows to try and create an opening. One slash managed to make it past and graze his armor, but it also triggered the all-too-familiar Thorns ability. The aura chains appeared and erupted from the Grand Chariot, knocking the skeleton back as Calrex gave a calming breath.

"Alright, quickly analyze this creature. It's a humanoid, so it should operate under those restraints in terms of range of movement. Second thing I'll need to make note is that since its a skeleton, stabbing might not prove as effective, since there's a chance the blade can harmlessly slide between the ribs, or miss the spine altogether. I should target where it has the least support, which should be that gap between the bottom of the ribs and the top of the hip bones, where it's just the spine."

HP List
Calrex: 83/91 (+7 Mitigation) (Disguise Cooldown: 11/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 35/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 24563

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

After the two previous attacks the two fights came to a stalemate as Calrex and the skeleton were unable to get another blow in. Each one of Calrex's sword strikes were deflected by the skeleton's own sword, and the shield bashes the skeleton threw out were countered or deflected by Calrex's free hand, which had lit aglow with the <<Martial Arts>> skill, the blunt force strikes knocking each bash harmlessly out of the way.

"I'm not going to get an upper hand dancing around in front with this thing. I've got to find a way to get behind it so I can strike the spine."

Roc continued to circle overhead, his eyes scanning for openings in the creature's defenses. At the moment, there didn't appear to be any, but that could always change in an instant.

HP List
Calrex: 83/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 10/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 35/45

ID: 24570

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Almost immediately after Roc gave out a screech as he spotted a opening in the skeleton's defenses. Oddly enough the shoulder socket of the sword arm seemed more worn down, and thus was looser and slightly rolling around. Calrex made note of this, striking hard against the skeleton's sword. The arm flew back as he used his <<Acrobatics>> ability to flip over the skeleton, flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. With a quick turn he sliced across the monster's back before leaping back a few paces.

"Alright, just maintain the pressure..."

HP List
Calrex: 83/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 9/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 26/45

ID: 24574

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn, Full Damage Dealt Due To Critical)

Using <<Sprint>> once again Calrex quickly rushed in once again, the Grand Blade alight with a light blue hue as his off hand glowed with the yellow light of his <<Martial Arts>> skill. Getting into striking range the skeleton thrust at him, grazing Calrex's armor once more, but also again triggering the Thorns ability, the explosive force knocking it back. With the retaliatory strike Calrex followed up, unleashing a barrage of slashes and punches, the streaks of blue and yellow light slamming into the creature before he delivered a powerful falling slash, ended with the Plum Blossom Flourish. The light blue slash afterimages turned into chains for a second before vanishing as Calrex leapt back, activating his <<Parry>> skill once again.

"So an opening came after all. Alright, let's finish this up and go home..."

HP List
Calrex: 82/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 8/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 14/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 24593

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn)

After Calrex's barrage of attacks the skeleton appeared to had grown enraged from the series of blows as it rushed forward. Calrex quickly persisted his <<Parry>> skill as suddenly a rain of blows came, smashing into his sword as the skeleton attacked, seeming hellbent on breaking through Calrex's defenses. Some of its strikes did break through, but once again the Thorns ability triggered, knocking the skeleton onto its back as Calrex gave a calming breath, flicking his sword into a reverse grip, "Alright...now my turn again..."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 7/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 13/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 24614

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

"It's already getting late. I need to end this now..."

Giving a calming breath Calrex sheathed his sword as he focused on the skeleton, lowering his stance. He coiled the muscles in his legs, readying himself as his eyes scanned the skeleton for any telegraphed movements.

"Hm...looks like its AI is preparing for it to rush in once again. Good...then I've already got a countermeasure ready..."

Right as the skeleton took a step Calrex rushed forward with explosive force, using his <<Sprint>> ability to accelerate even further. As he got into range he dropped his body low, turning his body so that the sword arm was forward. Drawing the Grand Blade he brought his arm straight up, cutting the skeleton with a vertical cut down the middle. At the same time the attack the skeleton was preparing, a vertical cut with both arms, was knocked away, creating a huge opening.

"Gotcha..."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 6/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: 4/45

ID: 24616

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Loot Dice: 7 (Total Buff +5) = 12

Immediately after creating the opening Calrex's sword and fist glowed their respective colors once again as he thrust forward with the Grand Blade, piercing the skeleton through the ribcage, stabbing through the spine as well. With his sword still impaled through the monster his fist followed, punching the end of the hilt, driving the Grand Blade further in until it broke through the other side. The powerful double strike threw the skeleton into pieces before it burst into crystals.

Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he walked over and retrieved the Grand Blade, dismissing the loot window as he looked over at Roc, "Alright, that's the last one. Let's head back and drop these off."

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot:

225 col (Mob Health 45 * 5 col)

Total: 32

Danger Level: 0/3 (Reset)

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (Disguise Cooldown: 5/12)

Enemies:
Undead Soldier: -6/45

After taking the rest of the time getting back to the settlement Calrex made a quick stop into Alchemic Contagion to drop off the materials with Mari before switching back out of the Grand Chariot back into his casual combat clothing, giving a stretch before beginning to make his way towards the teleportation circle on the tenth floor, "Man...I think that was the most I've ever gotten in a single run. Nice work Roc. I'll need to make sure to grab one of those chocolate bars the next time we go out scavenging like this again."

"I hope Teayre's not been too busy at the shop. I'll probably stop by first and see how she's doing. After that I think I might just take it easy for the rest of the day."

Upon arriving at the teleportation plaza he quickly swiped through his menu, selecting the fourth floor as he vanished in a flash of light.

Topic Completed

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 2 Pages Complete (800 col)
  • Materials Gathered: 73 (All Donated to Respective Shops)
    • Crescent Hare Forge (Meokka) : 10
    • Lion's Den (Ariel) : 13
    • Tenebris Alchimia (Clarence): 10
    • Alchemic Contagion (Mari): 40
  • Monster Loot:
    • Lesser Reaper: 1 Material / 225 col
    • Shambling Corpse: 1 Material / 225 col
    • Undead Solider: 1 Material / 225 col