SP - F10 Cavern Scavenging (9th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Completed)

ID: 23460

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn)

The reaper quickly flew forward as Calrex finished preparing his stance as it began to slash rapidly like before, attempting to break through the knight's defenses. Since he had his sword in a reverse grip Calrex used the alternate method of his <<Parry>> skill, bringing the blade to meet each strike, rather than relying on the orbital defensive strikes of his twirling techniques. Most of the attacks were deflected, but one managed to get through, grazing his armor.

This triggered the Thorns ability once again as the reaper was knocked back by the repulsing force of the chains explosion, becoming pelted by the shards once again. At the same time Calrex quickly flicked his sword as it shifted into a hammer grip, rushing forward with his <<Sprint>> skill. His sword lit alight with a light blue hue as he used his Swallow Return technique, the three intersecting slashes slamming into the reaper and knocking it onto its back. Immediately following the attack Calrex twirled his sword into a reverse grip once again as he prepared to use his extremely close-range combat techniques.

HP List
Calrex: 84/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 6/45 (+1 Thorns)

Partial Phasing (Half of total DMG always bypasses mitigation)
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 23494

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

As Calrex got into close striking range his free hand glowed the yellow hue of his <<Martial Arts>> skill, the Grand Blade alight with the light blue light as it activated as well. The reaper seemed to elevate as it got back to its feet, its sickle becoming a blur of steel as it tried to attack Calrex.

The two began a high speed exchange of blows as Calrex used his fist and sword to deflect blows from the reaper's sickle, the monster doing the same against Calrex's blows. After what seemed to be a minute of no change in advantage, the reaper brought its sickle back in an attempt to strike at Calrex's head. Once this happened the knight dropped low as the sickle sunk into the rock surface right next to him, rolling to the side and going into his modified iaido stance.

Calrex gave a deep breath as he focused, locking onto the reaper as he prepared to use his <<Sprint>> ability once again in conjunction with his drawing cut strike.

HP List
Calrex: 84/91

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 6/45

ID: 23503

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Battle Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex rushed forward, drawing his sword as he prepared to attempt a killing blow on the reaper. Unfortunately, as he got close the reaper managed to free its weapon and duck, dodging his strike as the handle of the Grand Blade slammed into the wall. He quickly turned and rotated the Grand Blade as he saw another flurry of blows come at him from the reaper.

Activating his <<Parry>> skill Calrex quickly deflected most of the blows that were coming at him, but some still managed to pass through and scratch his armor once again. As the strikes continued the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot activated, exploding and knocking the reaper back. With the new extra breathing space Calrex gave a calming breath as he locked his eyes on the monster again, "Just one more strike should finish this..."

HP List

Calrex: 83/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 5/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 23621

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Battle Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Calrex flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip once again as he engaged the reaper, trading blow after blow as each strike slammed into the next in a powerful display of simultaneous attack and defense. Each sickle strike was batted away by Calrex's sword or fist, with any blow making past being dodged with a subtle lean to the side.

After about a minute of the clash Calrex leapt back, giving a calming breath as he focused, "This is not getting me anywhere. I need to get a positional advantage over this creature to get a hit. That sickle is way too fast to outdo in just raw speed."

He twirled his sword into a hammer grip as he brought it close to his body, giving a exhale as he readied his <<Sprint>> once again, "If I can leap over and strike it from behind I should be able to get a finish blow in before it has a chance to retaliate."

HP List

Calrex: 83/91

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 5/45

ID: 23631

Battle Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex rushed forward he was ready to jump, but as he did suddenly he saw the reaper's head track where he was going, as if predicting his movements, "Shoot, if I can't catch it by surprise then this maneuver isn't going to work. I've got to hold off for the prime opportunity."

He quickly slid to a stop as he flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. At the same time the reaper brought its sickle high, attempting a double slash at him. Calrex quickly used his <<Parry>> skill, deflecting the first strike, but the second strike managed to graze his armor. The Thorns ability triggered again, sending the reaper onto its side from the repulsing force. Calrex gave a calming breath as he turned to face the creature, "This thing has to go down. It almost seems like I'm going to kill it with my armor at this rate."

HP List

Calrex: 82/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 4/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 23675

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex quickly rushed in to try and take advantage of the reaper's exposed side as it was recovering. He flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he got close, twirling it into his <<Parry>> skill's defensive barrier before getting into striking range. However, just as he was about to strike the reaper turned and flung its sickle at Calrex once again. The initial trip bounced harmlessly off of his defenses, but as the sickle returned it scraped the shoulder of the Grand Chariot before arriving back in the reaper's hand.

The Thorns ability triggered once again as chain's surrounded the struck shoulder before exploding, sending chain shards at the reaper, but since it was further away than before it did not incur the knockback of the attack that it usually had to endure when in close range. Calrex gave a sigh as he brought his sword to the side, "I've got to focus and take this thing down..."

HP List

Calrex: 81/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 3/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 23697

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

As the battle continued Calrex readied himself as the reaper's sickle came flying at him once again, leaning to the side as the blade ripped through the air where he was previously standing. He gave a calming breath, listening as the weapon whistled through the air behind him, lowering his stance in preparation for the return flight. The sickle whipped through the air like a boomerang, homing in on Calrex in an almost unrealistic fashion.

Before it got into striking range Calrex leapt out of the way, sliding a few paces away as the reaper caught the sickle, turning to face Calrex, "So...it's resorting to ranged attacks. Alright, that makes it fairly predictable in its patterns then. I'll have to take advantage of the time while its unarmed."

HP List

Calrex: 81/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: 3/45

ID: 23698

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+1 Damage)

Loot Dice: 7 (Total Buff +5) = 12

Calrex dodged yet another throwing attack from the reaper, quickly shifting to the side as the sickle ripped through the air once again. After doing so he quickly rushed in using his <<Sprint>> skill to accelerate and close in on the monster while it was unarmed. He gave a calming breath as he brought the Grand Blade into a striking position. However, as he did so he quickly turned and saw the sickle already within close range of him.

"It returned that quickly? The last time it must have thrown it further, resulting in a longer return trip."

He quickly turned and activated his <<Parry>> skill, knocking the attack to the side. As he did the sickle was deflected, but still successfully returned to the reaper's hand as it managed to stab Calrex in the collar. He gritted his teeth and stopped his deflective attacks, thrusting forward and impaling the reaper. As he did so the monster dissipated into crystals as Calrex gave a sigh of relief, sheathing his sword, "I think that took way longer that it should have. Maybe I'll need to look more into Accuracy at some point."

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot:

225 col (Mob Health 45 * 5)

Total: 13

Danger Level: 0/3 (Reset)

HP List

Calrex: 80/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Lesser Reaper: -6/45

ID: 23865-23868

Loot Dice 1: 6 (Total Buff +5) = 11
Loot Dice 2: 7 (Total Buff +5) = 12
Loot Dice 3: 3 (Total Buff +5) = 8
Loot Dice 4: 14 (Total Buff +5) = 19

"I should know better than search the immediate area where a monster was around."

Immediately after defeating the reaper Calrex and Roc decided to look around the area to try and find more materials. Unfortunately, their luck did not work out as only Roc managed to find a single glowing flower, Calrex turning up nothing after spending a few minutes searching, "Alright, well I can't waste time. Best move on. I've used up way to much time with that creature. I guess there's yet another reason why people avoid coming to this floor if they can help it."

With that he dusted off his hands and set off for more materials again.

Total: 14

Danger Level: 0/3

ID: 23869-23872

Loot Dice 1: 16 (Total Buff +5) = 21
Loot Dice 2: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 3: 16 (Total Buff +5) = 21
Loot Dice 4: 14 (Total Buff +5) = 19

"Alright, now this is what I'm talking about! I think this is the most bountiful area I've found so far."

The next area was full of items suitable for usage as materials. Strangely enough after some digging both Calrex and Roc managed to procure four of the strange herbs they had found previously, although both made sure not to inhale the scent of it, lest they both get hit with the effects of the plant. Calrex quickly added the four herbs into his inventory before getting to his feet, "Alright, going from what I know of Clarence and Mari I should have enough to keep them going for a day right now. I've got some more time today, but just in case I'd best drop off what I have before searching around some more."

With that he turned and began making his way back to the settlement.

Total: 18

ID: 23873-23876 

Loot Dice 1: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 2: 15 (Total Buff +5) = 20
Loot Dice 3: 10 (Total Buff +5) = 15
Loot Dice 4: 8 (Total Buff +5) = 13

After dropping off what he had found to Clarence and Mari's shops Calrex gave a calming breath as he looked around, "Alright, back to the grind. All of the orders I needed to take care of are done, so all I need to do now is see what I can find for Mari."

"I'm surprised she was out of materials when I got there. I guess I thought she had a lot of stock. In any case since she's been participating on the frontlines and such, her potions would definitely be necessary for the fights, so I'd best find as much as I can before the day's over."

"Roc, come back ou..."

Calrex looked over and saw his falcon familiar had already materialized, holding a couple of flowers in its talons. At the same time he looked down and found another herb next to his foot, plucking it and adding all three items to his inventory, "Well, good start for now. Let's keep this up."

Total: 3 (-10 Donated to Clarence's Tenebris Alchemia / -8 Donated to Mari's Alchemic Contagion)

ID: 23877-23880

Loot Dice 1: 9 (Total Buff +5) = 14
Loot Dice 2: 5 (Total Buff +5) = 10
Loot Dice 3: 2 (Total Buff +5) = 7
Loot Dice 4: 17 (Total Buff +5) = 22

After moving to the next area Calrex and Roc were only able to find one material between the two of them. It was Calrex this time who found the material, which was another handful of strangely colored mushrooms, swiping on his menu as the fungi vanished into his inventory, "I wonder how much I should aim to find. There isn't really a good way of telling the time of day on this floor, and I'd rather avoid traveling out so far that I'd need to camp out for the night."

He dusted his hands off as he signaled to Roc that they were moving on, looking around. Since it was the tenth floor his <<Night Vision>> was already activated, but he also began using his <<Reveal>> skill once again to see if there were any objects hiding out of sight that would be useful. After confirming there was nothing left he continued down the path.

Total: 4 

ID: 23882-23885

Loot Dice 1: 20 (Total Buff +5) = 25
Loot Dice 2: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17
Loot Dice 3: 16 (Total Buff +5) = 21
Loot Dice 4: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17

It appeared that moving on was the best course of action, as the next part of the field Calrex and Roc arrived at was bountiful with more suitable objects for usage as materials. Without even so much as making a scratch on the environment's abundance the two managed to gather two flowers and snails. As Roc brought the items he had found to Calrex the knight continued adding the items to his inventory, the various pieces vanishing in a small flash of light, "Great, this is a good area to keep note of. I'll be sure to stop by here again if the other areas are not turning up anything."

Total: 8

ID: 23887-23890

Loot Dice 1: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)
Loot Dice 2: 5 (Total Buff +5) = 10
Loot Dice 3: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)
Loot Dice 4: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17

"Great, of all the luck..."

Immediately upon entering the next area Calrex heard the shambling footsteps of a monster really close by. Using his <<Reveal>> skill he was able to discern that it was a simple undead human that was wandering around the area. Nonetheless he didn't want to spend much time with it around, planning to head further down the path once the creature moved out of the way.

There was an herb by his foot, which he promptly added to his inventory before giving a calming breath, "Alright...time this right..."

Right as the zombie shifted towards the right Calrex used his <<Sprint>> skill to accelerate past it, moving a good thirty paces before stopping, giving a quick exhale, "Alright, that should have fixed it. Now to keep looking."

Total: 9

Danger Level: 2/3

ID: 23919-23922

Loot Dice 1: 18 (Total Buff +5) = 23
Loot Dice 2: 14 (Total Buff +5) = 19
Loot Dice 3: 14 (Total Buff +5) = 19
Loot Dice 4: 1 (Total Buff +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1 / Encounter Triggered)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Upon entering the next area Calrex and Roc immediately set to searching for more materials. After spending some time both of them together managed to gather a total of three items, "Great, that totals twelve so far. Let's keep this..."

Before Calrex could complete his sentence suddenly he looked around him, heading sounds of movement, "Great...so much for avoiding combat for now..."

He quickly activated his <<Reveal>> skill, his eyes now able to see through the landscape. As he looked underground there was a shambling corpse making its way up out of the ground as it emerged in front of him. He quickly reached back and drew the Grand Blade, ready for combat.

The corpse attacked immediately as it set sights on Calrex while the knight activated his <<Parry>> skill. The creature seemed to ignore most of it as he quickly rushed in, grasping Calrex's arms by the biceps, "Gh! Off you!"

As Calrex kicked the corpse off of him it's claw-like hands dug deep, scratching the Grand Chariot as it released him. Calrex gave a calming breath as he pointed his blade at the monster, "Alright, let's get this done."

Total: 12

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter Triggered)

HP List
Calrex: 86/91

Enemies:
Shambling Corpse: 45/45

OOC: O_O, accidentally forgot I was fighting the corpse. Will condense the battle using the posts to make up for it XP.

IC:

ID: 23979-23982

Battle Dice 1: 2 (Accuracy 1) = 3

Mob Dice 1: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Battle Dice 2: 8 (Accuracy 1) = 9

Mob Dice 2: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Battle Dice 3: 9 (Accuracy 1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 3: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Battle Dice 4: 2 (Accuracy 1) = 3

Mob Dice 4: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

Since the two were in fairly close proximity to each other Calrex decided to engage in close combat as he planted his stance and prepared for the creature's attacks. The corpse rushed at him, its arms outstretched as it tried to get close and grab onto him once again. The first strike resulted with both sides not doing any damage, Calrex batting away the arms of the monster. The second round Calrex managed to get a strike, cutting across the corpse's torso. On the third attack both managed to get a critical strike on the other as Calrex impaled the Grand Blade through the corpse, while at the same time the corpse grasped his arms and deeply scratched them once again. Finally the fourth round ended with an active strike from the corpse, which managed to scratch across Calrex's chestplate. However, this also activated his Thorns ability, knocking the creature back.

HP List
Calrex: 77/91

Enemies:
Shambling Corpse: 26/45 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 24024

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

As the corpse was knocked away due to Calrex's armor's Thorns ability the knight quickly flicked his blade into a reverse grip as he rushed forward, stopping as he arrived on top of the monster before delivering a fierce series of slashes across it. Immediately after finishing he leapt back, putting some distance between him and the creature, "Alright, just two more hits and this thing should go down. Geezes, for being just a corpse though its attack power is impressive. If I was not wearing the Grand Chariot right now I would be in trouble."

HP List

Enemies:
Shambling Corpse: 17/45

ID: 24077

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

After Calrex's successful attack the two combatants came to a stalemate. Calrex, even with the extended length of the Grand Blade, was unable to make it past the arms of the corpse as it continued to try and get a good grip on him once again, "Does this thing just have longer arms or something? I swear I can't get into striking range without coming into threat of getting grabbed again..."

At the same time the corpse was unable to attack Calrex, who was deftly dodging each charge the creature rushed at him with, the monster letting out a weak moan from time to time, as if out of frustration. There was one point where it seemed like Calrex was pinned against the wall, but as the creature charged he quickly leapt up and flipped forward, landing behind it before backing away, "This is getting nowhere. I've got to take this thing out and get back to material gathering."

HP List

Enemies:
Shambling Corpse: 17/45

ID: 24392

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

The corpse managed to get close and deliver a quick graze to Calrex's armor, but it triggered the Thorns ability once again. The repulsing exploding knocked the creature onto its back once again, however this time Calrex took advantage of the opportunity once again and rushed in. His Grand Blade in a reverse grip he dropped his body at the same time, the blade stabbing in while also pinning the creature the ground. The sound of metal piercing rock rang out once again as Calrex delivered a fierce punch to the end of the handle, sending the blade further, "Alright, once more strike should end this."

HP List

Enemies:
Shambling Corpse: 5/45

ID: 24417

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Loot Dice: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17

Since the corpse was still pinned to the floor by the Grand Blade Calrex brought his right hand back one more time, his fist aglow with the yellow hue of his <<Martial Arts>> skill before he shot it back down, slamming his fist into the end of the handle on his sword once again. The sword fell further into the corpse, the creature dissipating into crystals as the handguard met the ground. Calrex gave a calming breath before grasping his sword, extracting it and sheathing it back into its sheath before giving a calming breath, "Alright...let's see what I got from that."

Loot List:

1 Material

Bonus Loot:

225 col (Mob Health 45 * 5 col)

"Great...I probably could have found that many materials in at least a third of the time it took to fight that thing. I'll need to be careful about dodging enemies on this floor. They seem to be more aggressive than on other floors."

Total: 13

Danger Level: 0/3 (Reset)

HP List

Enemies:
Shambling Corpse: -4/45