[PP-F1] Secret Medicine of The Forest :Cerulean Silence

Mari said she would start each quest with the guild, and she was a woman of her word. Mari was not looking forward to certain quests; such as 'Avalanche' which she had done numerous times, or the 'Wasp Queen' but others; she had not done yet, and could use the loot and Skill Points from it. This quest, was one of them.

Medicine of The Forest' 

It sounded simple enough; fight a bunch of nepents - to get to the bigger nepent of the group, fight and destroy it. Then gain the Ovule which granted a special blade. The quest itself did seem to skimp on the description of the blade. Mari could only assume it was a versatile thing, that would no doubt benefit any who picked it up. Mari didn't care for it, she had a Unique class dagger. Something as menial as an uncommon weapon meant nothing to her.

Mari stood at the end of the Safe Zone. Arms crossed over her chest, waiting for those who wished to participate. She wanted to get this over and done with, quickly. So she could move onto the next quest. 

Crozeph was then eating chocolates when he entered floor one. A few days ago (was it?) Mari held a guild meeting and mentioned about doing quests and everyone is who is willing to join should meet up with her or that's what he understood "doing quests with others again" he said, also chewing on his food "must be those hard quests I've heard or haven't done yet" he thought. Crozeph has done a few quests and earned the rewards he had and also making him a wee bit stronger that who he was way back then. It was true that it helped a lot on his development but Crozeph had one little setback... he sucks at teamwork. Crozeph couldn't blame himself, not that he hasn't work with others yet but even within a group he just waltz off and take matters by himself. Attack alone, escape back to the group, warn anyone a little, and mostly just talk to himself while the others plan their actions.

Crozeph made his way out of the town and saw her, noticeable features that even with his way of dismissing things of little interest is not effective enough to look away. Crozeph quickened his pace and jogged towards her and then stopped just behind her "I'll be guessing that I'm late and the others went ahead" he said. Crozeph then held out the box he's been holding and where he got his chocolates "want some?" he asked her.

Crozeph was the first to arrive. Which was a shock to Mari, considering how late he had been to the guild meeting. It wasn't hard to pick him from a crowd-the smear of black was commonplace, but he had her guild icon sitting next to his health bar. A lotus flower with a single drop above it. Simple. Quiant. Mari often thought about updating it, but when he tried to figure out what to do no words came to her. After all, the entire functionality of the guild, was originally just to screw over another. Now that had been done - she was just going through the process of 'playing nice' too stubborn to let her guild die.

Crozeph had approached, then stood behind her; his being early shocked Mari somewhat, but his next words didn't. It seemed that the boy didn't have a very good concept of time. "No actually." Mari mused, "You're the first to arrive, and right on time. The others would not go ahead. We move as a group. One thing I noticed in our meeting. The guild is full of independent people. That's fine - but if we are to function succesfully we need to focus on how effective we are as a group." She paused when he offered her chocolate, she held her hand up and shook her head. "I don't like chocolate."

(since no one is still posting...)

Crozeph moved the box away from her and took another one before putting it back to his inventory "I rarely see people who doesn't like chocolate" he thought. Crozeph then sat down a few feet away from her and set his eyes forward to the forest and grassland from afar, quiet and waiting for some to happen. This is another problem for him, if he isn't late he'd be too early that. Too early he'll probably get bored waiting. Crozeph has enough patience to just sit there and wait but it seems that Mari mentioned that they'll be moving as a group, they don't look like a group at all. "Well isn't that a good thing? no one would bother you much if we're all independent..." Crozeph lied down and rolled a few times on the grass "... the only thing you gotta worry is how to keep them together or not get into each others throat" he added. Crozeph figured that if Mari is right, selfish motives might tick anyone off especially if Mari tells them to move as a group but that can be the last of her worries from him "though you'll have no problems with just ordering me around" he said before staring at the sky.

Crozeph kept quiet for a while, for some reason he suddenly don't feel like talking to her. Not that he finds it hard to have  conversation, this is guild matters and other than that might turn out as small talk to her and Crozeph is bad at small talk. Crozeph unstrapped his sword from his back and placed it beside him, how long would they wait? Crozeph then placed both his hands on the back of his head looking up "question, do you have any plans of removing your mark as a PKer? just curious" he asked her.

Azazel was surprised that Mari had decided to go with the most basic of quests that SAO had to offer. While it was one that Azazel never bothered completing, she felt that it might be far below their collective levels to gain anything from it. She was a bit late and knew she might catch some heat for it, but Zaz didn’t care. Ever since she had made her deal with the devil, she had found herself wanting to be around the attractively dangerous woman less and less. Eventually she was going to have to pay up, and she was afraid of the consequences.

Anna spotted the woman waiting with Crozeph and approached the pair with a nod. She stood by silently without apology and waited to see who else might show. 

(waiting just a little longer for Hyun but in the mean time let's just get the post number up as the actual quest will be over very quickly)

Crozeph questioned Mari's motives for wanting them to move as a group, and how them all being independent was a good thing. "Yes, in a sense it is a good  thing - however - if we cannot work as a team then being a part of a guild is completely useless....I...." Mari paused as Crozeph decided to drop down into the grass, rolling around in it. She gave a small sigh, shaking her head at his antics. "Exactly. I don't want everyone at each others throats- as you put it, which is why we work as a team on these guild quests. If anything, it will give us all some well needed Skill Points, we all have our own motives and goals. I have no issue with that, but when the time calls for it, we need to set those aside and work for the betterment of the guild." She finished saying, as Azazel approached the group.

Mari paused to addrss Azazel, "Hello." She extended a party invite to Crozeph and to Azazel. "We will wait a little longer for Hyun, but if he does not arrive within 10 minutes we move on without him. This is very basic, and will be over quickly. I'd rather move onto the more difficult quests sooner than later."

Crozeph asked Mari if she would ever remove her PKer status, Mari shook her head. "No. I made a promise to someone I lo-" She stopped herself, glancing down to the side before continuing, "cared greatly for - that we would remove our status together. Since that someone is now dead, I see no reason to remove it."

Hyun got the memo from Mari, it seemed like their guild meeting had finally come round to getting them to quest together like discussed. It would be a good opportunity to get ahead like he planned to. Things had been going slower than he would have liked them to but he foreseen that things will soon pick up for him. It wasn't like he was in any particular rush anyhow, this was all but another step to his end goal. Hyun had arrived and everyone seemed rather keen on moving on, he was late but fashionably; it was just before Mari had mentioned why she had remained an orange player. "How tragic, my condolences to you Mari. I apologise for my tardiness, I don't think there's any reason to be waiting around anymore." Hyun crossed his arms and eye'd over the players, it was the just same faces except for Shuyin, it seemed like he was the first to be removed from the guild. It was a shame but it seemed like Hyun wouldn't be facing omission anytime soon, not like it would bother him.

Crozeph listened as he rolled on the grass "hmm, setting aside motives and goals for the guild..." Crozeph sat upright and frowned "...sounded like Square One" he mumbled. Crozeph still feel a little depressed by how his former guild disbanded, Azide just went missing and when he'll return...no one knows. The members are most of people he just met but he felt at ease with them, even when he's always behind the group. He could still recall their names and faces but after the disbanding, Crozeph was then alone in his shop with a few visits from the others. Crozeph then heard her pause as she told him about her PKer status and the insignificance of the green mark for her now "I see it..." he mumbled as he looked at her "those eyes again" he thought. Crozeph then stretched out his arms "sorry to ask the question, no reason for me to ask further more" he told her followed by a sudden silence from him.

Crozeph then saw Azazel approach them and Mari greeting her and telling Azazel that they're waiting for another one named Hyun. Crozeph stood up shaking the grass that cling on his back "it's the woman named after the demon" he said. Crozeph moved towards her as she stood quietly "it's nice to see you again after the meeting and..." Crozeph squinted his eyes and circled around her "...you look stronger" he told her. Crozeph last saw Azazel or as he could remember Anna sitting just outside the settlement of Floor 1 and now she looked like she could give serious beating to him if needed "and a bit quiet, not feeling well?" he asked.

Another one approached the group, must be the one they're waiting before they move "looks like A-team is assembled right?" he told them. Crozeph brushed his hair up and looked forward, to wherever they are going "well then, the only thing missing is Mari telling us to go and slay everyone" he said, showing a faint grin.

(Mari said I could join in on this, so I'm just gonna kinda... squeeeeeze myself in right here.)

Takao walked along the path at a moderate pace; neither a hasty jog or a leisurely stroll. Oddly enough, Takao had to be the most unfamiliar with the first floor of Aincrad, which spurred on his slight lateness. It was the largest he'd seen by far, and he shouldn't spent most of his time there, but events had been bouncing him all over the place. He looked up from fiddling around with the belt that held his sword and scabbard against his back. Ahead of him, he could see a collection of players. Only one in particular looked familiar. She was a bit short, though he wouldn't say it out loud, and had pink hair. She was unmistakable, really. The others looked unfamiliar, though that was to be expected, what with being new to the guild. When he was close enough to the gathering, he pulled his hand away from the strap holding his scabbard and 

“Heya!†His greeting was simple, accompanied by a wide and warm smile, and likely rather confusing to the other members if they hadn't been informed of his sudden joining of the guild. He had little issue with approaching the group further, though his attention was set on Mari, who was the only familiar face he could see. "I'm not too late, am I?"

ID: 24514  BD: 7

Hyun arrived; "No, there isn't; we will go in just a moment ." Mari said to him.

Mari turned when Takao came in; "Ah ..." She turned to the others. "Shuyin will no doubt be kicked from the guild, as I have yet to hear word from him. I do not want inactive members within my guild. Meanwhile; I would like to introdue Takao. He's the newest addition to the guild." Her blue eyes wandered back over to him. "Yes, you are a little late but it shouldn't matter too much. Come on, let's go." 

With that she drew her dagger; a small weapon for a small person and continued forward. "Once we hit the forest, the Nepents will start to appear; we don't care about the normal nepents; only the ones with the blooms on their heads. They are the ones that drop the ovules. Let us see..." Mari did a quick head count. "Five. We need to kill five to each get that stupid ovule. So let's go."

She headed up into the forest; expecting the small group of players to follow. As they entered a clearing; a group of nepents; all with blooms on their heads charged out. Mari gave a small nod, "Good- these are the babies; lets get this out of the way so the bigger one comes." 

She strode up to the nearest one, picking it up by its bloom she slashed across it, it was a one hit KO, she turned to her guild. "Well? Let's do this."

Bloom Nepent 1: DEAD
Bloom Nepent 2: 5/5 HP
Bloom Nepent 3: 5/5 HP
Bloom Nepent 4: 5/5 HP
Bloom Nepent 5: 5/5 HP

Another one arrived and Mari introduced him to them. Crozeph raised his hand and waved at him and was also surprised by how Mari plans or may have kicked out one member from her guild "ahh so the mother bird decided to push one egg off the nest..." he told her "...or something like that" he added. It was nothing new for him, Mari clearly stated that the one who goes incognito or contributed least will be kicked out. Crozeph followed them as the last one arrived, as simple as that. He wasn't the most complicated person to be with, always moving along and unnoticed. As they entered the forest, Crozeph listened as Mari told them about how they should kill plant-like creatures to finish it "well then, I don't remember having fear of these kind of plants" Crozeph then saw Mari kill one the mobs that appeared "all right, now I should get to wor..." Crozeph unsheathed his sword but was stopped by the vines that sprouted from it "hands off!" Crozeph tried to pry off the the vine that wrappped on his arm "troublesome!" he muttered.

ID: 24515 BD: 4 + 1 = 5 fail

Bloom Nepent 2: 5/5 HP

Takao huffed out a breath upon hearing that he was late. He'd been hoping that, by some miracle, he'd managed to get there by time. He'd have to make a mental reminder to be more attentive to the time when he was out hunting. His emerald eyes watched her draw a dagger as he followed behind her, and he followed suit. His gloved hand reached over his right shoulder and grasped the handle of his sword, sliding the shaped metal free of its protective housing. He held it out at his side, the blade pointed away from him as he walked, his arm losing the sway it would normally have with each step. Takao gave a brief glance over the others that had gathered before him, taking mental notes of their stature and equipment until they entered the clearing. A grin worked its way onto his face, excitement tugging at his cheeks as his grip tightened around the cord wrapping on his sword's hilt. His eyes settled on the nearby Crozeph, whose arm was caught by a vine. He quickly buried the desire to chuckle and walked over, snapping his arm forward to bring the blade level with the vegetation. He cleaved through the plant with ease and watched it disperse into colourful shards. He flashed him a quick smile before wordlessly turning and approaching the next nepent in sight .

- -

» ID : [[ 24516 ]]

» BD : [[ 7 ]]

» MD : [[ 6 ]] (9) - 3

« Takao Â»

[[ 39/39 HP ]]

- -

Bloom Nepent 2: DEAD

Stuff was said and Azazel didn’t register. Why? Because many posts had happened between the time she first posted till now and that would have been too much for her writer to play catch up on so instead, we will fast forward to the actual battle.

Mari was on the move and things were going to unfold quickly. Azazel was excited to see exactly what Mari could do, especially since she was a dagger user. She was not a fan of the dagger. It was small, and rather cute; not something you head into battle with, and yet, her fearless leader did just that. Of course Mari sliced through one Nepent like it was butter, but that was to be expected.  Cro missed which was a bit surprising, but tiny Nepents were rather quick.  The new kid was a bit of a surprise. She was glad Mari had found herself a useful pet.  Azazel pulled Azurewrath from its sheath and attacked the closest Nepent.

BD: 9 (7+2 acc) Azazel strikes Nepent #3 for 6 Damage

MD: 2 (4-2 eva) Nepent  #3 Misses, Savvy Activated

Sure enough, Azazel sliced the little plant in two, and it burst into a splatter of pixels. Baby Nepents were no challenge, she’d have nabbed a second if there was another one close enough to her.

Azazel  48/48

Bloom Nepent 3: DEAD (Hit for 6)

Hyun watched as the guild got right into it, he knew he wasn't strong enough to be one hitting the mobs like the rest were and so his efforts would be redundant but still, Hyun wasn't the type to just flounder around because he wasn't good enough. He'd help, if it could be called that. Hyun stretched out his arms and walked over towards one of the Nepents with his hands in his pockets. It seemed as though it was writhing in fear of the others as it watched its kin be slaughtered. It tried to lash out at Hyun but he tilted his body ever so slightly to the side and caused it's strike to completely miss him. He was now within striking range of the mob and simply stomped on it's head squishing it to the floor, like expected it didn't die to him as easily as it did with the others. He dragged it's head across the ground and kicked it over to the rest of the guild so they could finish it off and waited to see if he could spot the last one. The things were smaller than he expected but he guessed that's why they were referred to as the 'Bloom' variety. He wondered what the bigger ones looked like but wasn't sure if he wanted to find out. Hyun ran his fingers through his hair and began to walk closer over towards the rest of the group.

Hyun  13/13

Bloom Nepent 3: DEAD (Hit for 6)
Bloom Nepent 4: 3/5 HP