[F1-PP] A New Life

As Shaya walks along the path, the sun reaches the horizon. She decides to take a break laying down in the grass far off from any treees hoping she'll make it to the next town tomorrow morning. She looks around making sure that there aren't any monsters and closes her eyes to take a rest. God I miss home already, I haven't been to a party in a few weeks now. She shakes the idea, knowing it'll bum her out and slowly begins to fall asleep. Still I will have to liven things up around here until I get back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelrius adjusted his new clean and pristine azure colored bowtie. The matching colored coat and slacks to go with it, and the white dress shirt that he wore completing the tuxedo that he was going to wear for the day. Strapping the golden sheath around his waist, and adjusting it to his right hip, making it easily accessible by his left hand, by which he was dominant.  Adjusting the pendant around his neck so that it was centered and hung over the similarly collored bowtie, The boy pulled the skull of the hydra out of his inventory and held it in his right hand. The golden haired man never wore the skull unless it was in combat, he simply carried it around like so to show it off.

Though he didn't know why, Zelrius wandered the infinite twisting streets and buildings of the First Floor's Town of Beginnings, looking for a bit of entertainment whilst waiting for the next boss fight to begin. It was rumored Mari was setting up the meeting, and that it would be soon, but there was no confirmation thus yet. Guess all the interesting people are outside today, He thought to himself,  making his way into and through the fields of grass that surrounded the city.

Shaya was a very light sleeper luckily for her, it saved her a few times from being killed in her sleep already. Although this time she heard the rustling of grass not too far away from her. She sprung to her feet quickly, drawing her sword with the thought of it being a monster. She soon realized it was a boy. A very well dressed boy in fact! Maybe he's going to a party dressed up like that. She thought to herself. She brushed off her clothes and walked towards him in hope that he was up to something fun. Hellooo! Where ya heading?

Within moments of his walking around, A Girl sprung up and drew her weapon. Zelrius simply stared on and then let out a laugh. I don't think this girl realizes just how easily it would be to wipe her out had she attacked me. The boy flicked his blonde hair and then gazed at her with his blue eyes. "Salutations and Greetings be to you. I am not headed anywhere in particular. Prehaps you'd like to be my entertainment for the day?" His voice riddled and plagued with arrogance and a sound of sophistication, almost to a point of being stuck-up, but not quite so. Zelrius's pattern speech matching that of an olden day's aristocrat, or so he'd like to think.

Smirking, the boy drew out his own weapon, a blade wrapped in bright blude and dark red flames. "However, before you agree to entertain me, Remember to never pull a weapon on me again," ending the sentence pointing the twinfire sword at her.

Shaya quickly noticed him pulling out his weapon as he spoke. She put her hands on her hips in a rather sassy way after putting her sword away. Is that a threat hot stuff? I'd assume someone dressed as fine as you are to be a little more kind towards the ladies huh? She crossed her arms thinking about his offer to entertain him and herself in the process. Either way, what would you have in mind for entertainment anyway? She was up for almost anything, being as bored as she was she was hoping for any single thing to do.

'A Threat Hot sutff'. Pfft, Who the hell does she think she is? Of course, this thought being very hypocritical given that Zelrius himself was extremely narcissistic and arrogant. "Yes, It infact is a threat. Do. Not. Pull. A. Weapon. On. Me. Again." He said every word slowly and made sure to get his point across. Sheathing the Twinfire blade back into the golden holder around his hip, The Golden haired boy straightened up and messed with his bowtie for a moment before continuing. "I do apologize for my rudeness, I generally am courteous, just not to people who pull swords out when they see me." He ended with a slight bow, Now she'll either think I am being sarcastic or will actually take my apology. Either way, no difference to me.

The comment following her first one brought a grin to the egotistical young man's face as he stood up again from the bow and responded to her. "Depends, What are you up for? I am more than fine with accompanying a lady on whatever it is she has in mind."

Shaya barely managed to hold back her anger as this guy was talking to her like a kid. She nearly drew her sword out again but he continued and she held her arms still crossed. Well, you saw I wasn't doing anything. I was just laying down, I assumed you were going somewhere. She thought to herself for a moment and her eyes brightened up. I'm always down for a party or drinking. She tugged her dress down a bit in an attempt to get him aroused by her beauty. That is if you're buying. She winked and awaited this rude but obviously wealthy guy to respond.

"Of course I saw you weren't doing anything, which is why I asked. Though I was initially joking about wanting to do something with you I now change my mind. To fully answer your statement: No, I am not headed anywhere. I am looking for a bit of a time wasting activity to get me through to the next boss fight." He cleared his throat, pulling back the white gloves on his hands and extended one out to her. "How rude of me not to introduce myself. I suppose if we are going to be speaking, you should atlleast know my name, and I should know yours. I am Zelrius, Level Thirty Six, Commandant of the Azure Brigade, Ex-Blood Buccaneer, a Frontliner." That was Zelrius's forte: Showing off. Oh how loved to feed his own ego.

"A Drink if I am buying? I do not drink personally, but I am sure I could buy out the entire Pub or location you have in mind. The answer is yes: I will buy for a Lady,Another flick of his golden hair, he ended the sentence with the word lady being less sarcastic and more directive toward her.

She listened to the guy blab on about something she was doing, she didn't care, she was paying half attention at this point. She heard his unusually long intro and wanted to top it. I'm Shaya, 3 time rave shot champion, princess of Nobel High, and straight F student for my last year of school. She loved making fun of that, even if it was on herself she thought it was clever.

She noticed him saying he could buy out whatever place she chose. Called it! She let off a smile at her mind saying that and began to think of where to go. She opened her map checking out all the locations deciding to go to a pub she visited recently. The Broken Helm. That is where I choose to go. She flipped her hair and began walking down the path expecting that he wasn't far behind.

Noticing her clear disinterest in his first part of speaking, Zelrius decided to speak to this Lady in another manner. He walked up next to her, only being a few inches behind so that he knew where he was going, the boy spoke. "I was speaking in terms of SAO titles, But I suppose that works as well," His light laugh escaping as he thought about the last one and how he could personally relate to that. Though his own grades weren't that bad, They came close enough. "For a 'Princess' you seem to forget your manners. Normally it is within proper etiquette to lead a man places either with linked arms or dragging him by the hand. Of course, we just met and I am not going to force you to do either of those, Just thought I'd remind you, Princess Shaya." His ever so arrogant curve of his smile being locked into his face as he said this, his cool gaze looking to her.

She listened realising how close Zelrius was behind her almost jumping at his voice. She replied quickly, Yeah, I knew you were reffering to SAO, I wasn't obviously. She continued listening to him, he began talking abou hold her hand and locking arms. What does this guy take me for?I might lead a lot of people on but I'm not getting with anyone I meet... Still his arrogance is rather attractive. She slowed down till she was next to him. Don't you get the wrong idea about this! I-I just don't wanna get jumped and then have you leave me to die. Got it? She quickly forced her arm in between one of his, locking them tightly.

He jumped himself, surprised she actually acted on his words despite him just joking. For only a moment did his surprise show and then it reverted only to his eternally egocentric style of things. The words that followed only fueled his narcissism more. "I assumed you knew I was referring to SAO titles only, Nonetheless, you have some pretty impressive life ones there. Cannot say the same for myself." The boy spoke, and for a moment turned somber, missing the old world for just a second, and then another flip back to his arrogance, almost as fast as a light switch. "Get the wrong Idea? Well, if it is 'getting jumped', as you say it, that you're scared of, have no fear. Ask yourself this as a player: Would you really 'Jump' a man in a tuxedo with a golden sheath? I know personally I wouldn't." He was now just trying to make conversation as they made their way to the location she had in mind.

Listening to Zelrius's words she looked at his attire once again. He didn't look necessarily intimidating, more like just a rich person with an old sense of fashion. She kept in mind his level and wouldn't dare say something like that out loud. She looked back up to his face wjere he flipped his hair once more. Actually I've done my fair share of illegal things where I'm from, and to be honest, the people I hang around with would look at you as an easy target. She didn't mean any offense by it of course as they seem to be just chatting now. They came to the top of a hill and could see the town where the Pub was located.

Zelrius let out a laugh at her words. "I did say as a Player afterall. Well since we're on the subject of 'life', Tell me, How did a girl like you, one who 'is down for partying or a drink', Quoting you, and probably did so often, get into something as 'Nerdy' as Virtual Reality? And then even more so into an MMO RPG? Clearly you had far better things to be doing rather than spending time on Video Games?" He looked to her, His eye brows raised in honest curiosity. In actuallity, It was more like one eyebrow raised, the other arced in thought, yet his over confident smile didn't move a single centimeter. For some odd reason, Zelrius came aware of the golden sheath that bounced with every step either of them made, becoming slightly irritated with it.

She thought of the events that lead her to beginning her small gaming addiction. And replied with all honesty. It was actually my "boyfriend" at the time. He showed me gaming really and I was excited for almost anything that would come out. Excited enough to be able to get my hands on SAO. If he was here with me.. Shaya clenched her fist in front of her ..I'd kill him. Her words were cold and completely true. She wanted nothing more than to see her former boyfriend suffer for what he did.

Zelrius didn't respond for a moment, only kept walking. For a second, He thought about pulling his arm away from hers and leaving right now. What do you know about PKing? He asked in his mind before looking on ahead toward the city they were approaching. Sighing, Zelrius glanced to her then back ahead. His arrogance decimated for the moment and the raised eyebrow now lowered and arced in thought. His mouth no longer donning the curve it had, only a flat line and he asked in a rather somber tone. "I am going to say a few things that really I haven't said to anyone else. Some of them may come off as rude or disrespectful, and before I utter those words, I want you to promise me you won't be offended. I know we just met, but with what you just said, I feel I need to speak my piece."

Unclenching her fist Shaya listened to Zelrius speak once more. She looked at him after he said that she may be "offended" and wondered what bad things he thought of her after what she just said. What do you mean your peice? You weren't there! You have no idea what I felt! She took a deep breathe not allowing her thoughts to escape her lips. ... Fine. I won't be offended whether I promise or not anyway. She knew she was lying but now wanted to hear the words he had to say. He might not be the nicest person but perhaps her knew something she didn't.

He let out a breath and then spoke. A flick of his golden hair to kick it off. "Can you honestly stick by those words? That'd you kill him? Let me give you my perspective. I am a Frontliner. People have died next to me. Though they were people I was largely unfamiliar with, Nonetheless, They died and I felt responsible. Now this is not the same thing as you said, given I didn't commit the act. But I was an Orange player until I took the Redemption quest. Some time ago I killed a girl, Don't even remember her name, and I still feel horrible about it. I can say for sure that I'd do it again to someone who deserved it. Now ask yourself, Does your ex really deserve it, or are you just holding your feelings against him?"

She looked up at Zelrius blankly, the pauses seemed to come much more frequently between them as time went on. The breeze over the grass and trees was all that could be heard as she tried to decide what she really felt. Her mind couldn't make a decision under this pressure, and she quickly caved. Tears streamed down Shaya's face as she spoke quietly ...I don't know... She didn't want to break the promise she just made but she couldn't help herself. She let Zelrius's arm go and began walking to a nearby tree, where she sat down with her head laying on her knees and arms wrapped around her legs.

Damn me. I should have just kept my mouth shut. The golden hair boy thought to himself as she broke away and made her way to the tree. Zelrius didn't say a word for now, only thinking to himself about how he had not meant for this to happen, he was only making a point. Despite feeling a bit bad, His face didn't change from the mess of thought that had replaced overconfidence earlier. He walked over to the tree and decided to just stand over her. After a moment or so, He extended a white glove out to her and spoke. "Look, I deeply apologize. I hadn't meant for any of this, I only wanted conversation. Clearly, that was a failure. What do you say, We press on, I buy you a drink, we don't have to ever speak again if you don't want to."