[F1-PP] A New Life

Shaya's hands shot up in front of her face shaking her head, No no, the monsters and dangerous players wont be necessary. She nearly fell out of her chair rejecting an offer like that. H-how about we just stick with the safe zones for now huh? She didn't want to end up fighting any, being as she was always worried about her level being too low to fight even weaker enemies. I guess that's what separates the brave from the scared. Putting your life on the front lines all the time. I'd never be brave enough to do that. She looked away slightly disappointed with herself.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelrius raised his eyebrows and quirked one in thought. That was an awful strange reaction to a bit of wandering. "I suppose we could stick to Safe zones. Of course I was only kidding about the Dangerous monsters and what not." He put on the hydra mask and drew his twinfire sword "Even bosses are mediocre at best compared to me.Though most would think he was just bragging, but in fact he wasn't. Up to this point the only boss he had to fight a party with was Redemption and that was because of the stats. Of course she'll think I am just boasting. Maybe one day I will be able to prove it. Oh how many times had Zelrius heard something that was similar to her ending comment. "The scared are weak and waste of damn time. Those people who do nothing but sit here on the first floor and waste resources and time. It's not even about bravery. It more or less comes down to your willingness to work for th better of everyone, No matter how much of a waste of space they are." He gestured to the rest of the people in the room, indicating he was clearly talking about them, Though it didn't occur to him after he spoke that Shaya herself may be one of those people.

Shaya gasped at Zelrius's words, Who does he think he is calling me a waste of time and resources!? She clenched her fists at her sides, Being scared doesn't make you useless.. She got up and slammed her fist onto the counter, a small purple box popped up that read "immortal object" It shows that you are alive! The pub went silent as she stared at Zelrius burning with anger. She lifted her arm back up from the counter and let it fall to her side, lowering her voice to the point that only he could hear she continued. We aren't a waste.. if that was the case, then why would you be fighting for us at all..? For people like me.

Just as the golden haired boy had guessed, She fit in with the group that he was referring to. His arrogant smile disappeared once more, only replaced by a flat line. His own voice lowering so that only she could hear him. "In this world, Being scared does make you useless. If you're too scared to grind and get stronger, Than you will remain weak and will have no use to anyone." He stopped, glancing around at the faces of the people in the pub. "As a frontliner, I fight for people like you because you are people, and if I don't do it, there aren't a whole lot of others who will. As people, you deserve to be returned to your home. My words were badly placed, I will admit. Being scared is natural, but that doesn't make it alright. What if all the frontliners died in the next boss fight? Would you be brave enough to take their place?"

Shaya looked around seeing that the prying eyes of the other people were beginning to turn back away from them. With how much you bark, I don't think we'll have to worry about that too much. But in the case that, that DID happen, I would say no. She sat back down looking at the ground between them. She was left with nothing more to say as she just sat there trying to come up with something, anything she could say back at this point. But she couldn't no matter how badly she wanted to.

Zelrius sighed. He had messed up, and knew it full well. The boy left a sack of Col on the counter, drank the rest of the drink he order. "That money is yours, Spend it as you please. I apologize for what just happened." Straightening his bowtie, Zelrius turned and walked between the staring faces and opened the wooden door. It creaked open, the golden haired boy walked out, and shut it behind him.