[PP-FL1] Acquainted with Danger (Koumori) [COMPLETE]

Hirru was lying in the fields where the boars roamed.  He was at such a level, that they didn't aggro him even if they were right next to him.  Though, if one accidentally touched him, he would just have to stick them with the pointy end of his Anneal Blade, and they would be dead in an instant.  That is, if he could hit them.  Even now, sometimes boars will dodge his attacks.  That wasn't a real problem though.  They didn't do much damage, and he could heal that instant when his battle healing kicked in.

Life was sort of easy, but that didn't mean he didn't have his own hardships.

Without a profession to get Col, he would have to hunt to get his earnings, and that meant going out to bigger and badder monsters to gain enough to live.  Boars didn't give anything anymore, and he needed the coin.  Though, that really didn't matter as long as he was having fun with it, which is weird to say.

How can you have fun, when you can die at any moment?

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fields of floor one were starting to become too familiar to me. I knew them like the back of my hand at this point. Going out there everyday was clearly to blame for that. Since I've been in SAO, I've pretty much only hung around this floor. I don't know why that is its just turned out that way. Especially now considering that enemies are all comparatively weak. But I didn't want to take any risks until I got new gear, namely a sword. I had already contacted a blacksmith and was merely waiting for him to finish. Once I got that sword I'd be more confident. In the meantime however, I wanted a new perspective. As I wandered the fields I decided I'd try and find a new way to see things...so I climbed a tree. I found a relatively larger one and took my time climbing up to the very top. Once I got there I was amazed. The slight increase in altitude almost opened up a whole new world. It was truly amazing. I continued looking around and spotted something in the distance but as I leaned forward to get a better look I lost my footing. I slipped from the top branch and began tumbling down the tree with loud thuds until I landed face first on the ground, right in front of another player. "Ugh. Need to work on the landing"

Hirru couldn't figure out why, but something there was a small inkling that told him to move a bit.  Ever since he got these armor pieces, he had been getting these weird feelings to move out of the way of danger.  He decided to indulge them again, and scooted a mel away from a tree that he was apparently next to.

A few seconds later, more like 20 but who's counting, a body fell from the treetops in front of him.  He looked up in surprise at the person that just crashed, face first, into the ground.  From the look of that fall, it would have taken out at least 2 or 3 HP.  Though, he wasn't much of a judge of that.

"That looks like it hurt."

Hirru said as he got up from his position on the ground.  He walked over to the guy, and offered a hand.

My face didn't take to kindly to the abrupt stop but the pain wasn't great enough to cause me to bring my hands to it. It took a few seconds for my legs, which were sticking up in the air, to comically succum to gravity and meet my face at ground level. Once the spinning sensation stopped I spun myself in the grass so that I was looking upward and I was greeted by the hand of the other player. I reached out and grabbed it for him to pull me up" Yeah just a little. I can shake it off" I said to him. When I was on my feet again I brushed myself off and fixed my clothes. After cracking my neck I looked back to the player to apologize "Sorry for almost flattening you" I said jokingly

"Don't worry about it!"

Hirru said as the guy in front of him brushed himself off.  It was kind of strange for someone to climb up a tree, especially in this world where anything could easily get you killed.  Well, almost everything could, but he hasn't really seen or heard of anyone dying to a potato yet.  Hopefully, that never happens.

"So, what made you want to relive the life of a baby bird, cause that's what it looked like."

Hirru chuckled at that.  He quickly waved his hand in a joking manner.

"I'm kidding, anyway, what were you doing in the tree?"

Edited by Hirru

"Well you see I had hoped that the experience would allow me to understand the essence that is the baby bird so that I could finally achieve my dream of flight." I said this in the voice of a philosopher contemplating his most important discovery, this was sure to give the guy a laugh. I regained my composure and answered his real question in my usual serious and flat tone "I wanted to see this place differently. It's become stale." The person whom I was speaking with seemed very perplexed by my actions. He no doubt thought that I was so sort of idiot, spending my days climbing trees and playing with bunnies. Well that was far from the case and I was angry at having a first meeting like this. I didn't want word to spead that I was a wimp. 

Hirru couldn't help a hearty laugh to escape for that comeback.  He hasn't really met anyone with a sense of humor towards something that would normally kill someone.  Though, it seemed short lived as the guy regained his composure into something akin to a few others out here.  Hirru sighed at the second answer that he got.

"Well, to each their own.  I think that this floor is pretty good once you're not being attacked left and right."

Sitting back down in the grass, the small glimpse of sunlight that would ever grace their view was at its peak from this floor.  Wondering what the sun would be like on the other floors, his back found the grass again.

"All you really have to do is find the thing that you really want in this world, and you will find it.  Eventually, you will."

The guy seemed genuinely amused at my comment, but merely scoffed at my serious one. Seemed he still enjoyed the first floor. Well, as he said, to each his own. I got down to join the other player as he laid down on the grass. I got on my back, put my hands behind my head and gazed at the now familiar, but no less beautiful, expanse. "What do you want?" I asked curiously. 

(Sorry for the shortness, kind of distracted atm haha)

Edited by Koumori

(That's fine)

As Hirru decided to take a quick nap, the guy beside him asked what he wanted.  A fairly vague question to ask, but a fair response to his own statement.  Keeping his eyes open towards the ceiling, he could think of many things.  He turned his head towards the other before speaking,

"Well, there is the common goal that everyone wants.  To reach the 100th floor; to clear this game, as they say."

Hirru began to think about how things were now.  Everyone coming out of their shells lately.  Many have died, but even more were still pulling themselves out of the fear and sadness, and facing the danger head on.  Those chosen few were apart of the great pilgrimage to obtain freedom for the masses.  

Unfortunately, they were also adding to the numbers.  It was a sad truth to be sure.  Out of the 10,000 that were trapped, 2000 and more have died already.  The deaths slowed down after the front-lines started clearing the floors, but  people were still dying.  Some by accident, others murdered, and even more mysteriously disappear over night.

Hirru's face grew saddened by that fact.  Sitting up once more, he stared off into the distance.

"Though, to call that a 'want', would be a disgrace to the ones that have already passed.. No, that is a NEED of all of us here."

Laying back down, he sighed deeply.  He didn't want to rant, but his mind wanted to get it out.  Calming down a bit, he continued on to say,

"Anyway, I would have to say that I want to find myself.  What I really am to myself, this world, and to everyone else."

As I sat down and began speaking the other seemed to get annoyed. That was generally my reaction so it was odd seeing it from someone else. Well I was only continuing what I was doing earlier, only at ground level, it had nothing to do with wanting to speak to him. However, he was there so there wasn't much I could do. He quickly shook off his dismay and began giving me a long winded answer, taking breaks to think every once in awhile. I nonetheless found myself in agreement with what he was saying, but I had something else I wanted from this world. I decided to share it with him. "I want to find something that makes this worth it. This is our reality now and if we don't stop and realize this I think that all of our time here will be lost. I'm not giving up my life on the outside by being in here, I want to find something in here that lets me live, truly live." That's right, I wanted all this madness to have a point. If I spent all my time thinking of reality and only fighting to get back then all this time will be wasted. I didn't want that to happen. And above all else, I wanted my true self to come through. 

Hirru listened to the young man beside him as he explained his views and wants.  He was quite wise to keep what little time we have in this world as precious as possible.  Everything in this world held something positive for someone, they just needed to find it.  Hirru was no different in that manner.  There were things that he kept precious in here.  The friends that he met; the experiences gained; and most of all, the memories.

"So that's why you became one with the Rakkuns.  You want to experience everything that this world has for you right.  Especially if it is dangerous to do so?"

After a little bit of internal contemplation of his own, the player spoke up once again. What he said seemed to be pretty spot on. I wanted to actually live in SAO, experience everything it had to offer. This was our reality for the time being, so we had to treat it that way. Besides, it's not like Aincrad wasn't beautiful. It still amazed me at how perfect everything was here. The landscapes were breath taking and you could truly feel everything on your skin, your ears, you nose. The hype realism was the signature of a virtual world, but in no way a bad thing. That's why I just liked to sit down and enjoy it, because it really was enjoyable. Well, when you're not getting attacked my monsters that is. "Right. I'm not gonna go throwing rocks at mobs, but if it's something I can do I wanna see it. We owe it to ourselves to enjoy this place sometimes. Actually though, I've had my sights set on being a squirrel." I sat up and turned towards him and offered my hand "I'm Koumori"

Hirru was about to get some sleep when the guy started talking about throwing rocks at mobs, and enjoying life.  Something like that, as the guy named Koumori gained Hirru's respect as a common lover of the random things.  Especially the idea to throw stones at mobs.  Hirru could get behind that idea.

[ID: 27806] [LD: 5] Nothing

Picking up a stone, he started weighing it out in his hand before taking aim at one of the pigs.  The stone began to glow and as it was thrown from his hand, it accelerated until it hit the pig.  Since these pigs were all level 1, it was instantly killed and shattered to pieces.  Grinning, Hirru turned to Koumori in an over-exaggerated announcer voice.

"Good Afternoon, Koumori!  Time for Pig Slayer!  The rules are simple: Kill the pigs, while only using a certain weapon.  Todays weapon: rocks!  Kill 10 pigs each, and the one with the most Materials wins dinner paid by the loser."

((Just roll a Loot Die, and we're going for non-combat so a 15+ LD will get you a point.))

Hirru = 0

Koumori = 0

Edited by Hirru

At that the player jumped up and snatched up the closest rock and threw it at a near by pig, shattering it to pieces. He turned around to me and, in an oddly deep announcer like voice, announced that we would be playing a game. The person to get the most mats after killing ten pigs would win dinner. Sounded like a fun idea and I didn't mind paying so why not. I stood up to and picked up a rock of my own. "I'm pretty sure I said I wouldn't throw rocks at mobs, but people change. You're one" I held the rock behind my head and waited for the signature glow and sound effect of a sword skill. When it activated, I took aim at the closest pig and launched the rock like a missile. It made contact square on its back and the pig burst into a cloud of pixels. No dice, I didn't find anything. "Crap"

ID: 27835

LD: 8

Hirru: 0

Koumori: 0

Edited by Koumori

Hirru was glad that Koumori was appreciative of the little things in life, and wanted to keep that going.  Also, Hirru wanted to get those dark depressing thoughts out of his head.  These factors plus the fact that Hirru is probably one of the most impatient people to ever roam Aincrad, spurred the creation of this event.  It was a pretty good plan too.  The mobs were relatively easy tier enemies with low stats, so there was no real fear of getting hurt as long as they die instantly.  Also, there was a small chance to get materials for gear, and that was always a plus.

Taking another rock from the ground, Hirru took aim and shot at another boar. This one splintered into several shards, and gave a material.

"Point for me!"

[ID: 27852] [LD = 16] +1 Mat

Hirru = 1 Mats 2/10 Killed

Koumori = 0 Mats 1/10 Killed

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27861

LD : 3 (my luck is so bad this week)

The other guy got up and threw his neck projectile and this time he was able to get a material. This was fun. Exactly what I was looking for, a new way to see the first floor. It was still the same old place, but it felt different doing stuff like this. I was glad I bumped into this guy. He seemed to know just what I was saying. Plus he seemed to be either comedic or sarcastic, something that isn't all that rare here in my experience. I don't get to use my sarcasm that much unless I want to get punched in the face. I grabbed my next weapon and took aim at my victim. After the skill activated I let loose, destroying yet another innocent hog. But like before no mats. "They're holding out on me. You didn't set this up did you, guy who's name I don't know?"

Hirru = 1 Mat (2/10)

Koumori = 0 Mats (2/10)

Edited by Koumori

Seeing that Koumori was having fun with it, Hirru was glad that he could make someones day a little better.  Having everything in this world as a possible deathtrap could take away from the fact that this entire place was a game, even if Hirru couldn't really tell the difference in the two.  As the second round came to a close, it was Hirru who was leading with 1 point.  The guy asked if Hirru was cheating or anything.

"Nope, I have nothing in my stats set for Luck!"

Grabbing another rock, Hirru shot another rock out to the next victim of this little game.  It shattered in a million pieces, but nothing came of it.

"Nothing!  Oh, well!"

[ID: 27862] [LD = 14] Nothing

Hirru = 1 Mats 3/10 Killed

Koumori = 0 Mats 2/10 Killed

Edited by Hirru

The guy didn't seem to want to tell me his name, oh well. In any case, the game was going along smoothly. We both appeared to be having fun, so it was a welcomed break. His latest target blasted apart but yielded no reward. As it stood, he was ahead of me by one. Although this was entirely based on luck, I felt like I had to step up my game. I looked for the best rock I could find and, when I found it, repeated the process of annihilating a nearby pig. But this time, I picked the one that was furthest away. Using almost perfect accuracy, I sniped the pig from across the field and watched it exploded into pixels...and that was it. "I must not be doing it right. Hmm. Anyway, so tell me, do you do this kind of stuff often?" I said to him with my hands placed on my hips, watching him scan the ground.

ID: 27864

LD: 5

Hirru: 1 (3/10)

Koumori: 0 (3/10)

Edited by Koumori

"No, not in particular.  Just felt bored, and wanted to change the subject."

Honesty wasn't one of his virtues, but at that time, he didn't care.  The competition was still having him in the lead with 1 point, but it was any ones game as it was still in the early stages.  He didn't really care who won either.  This was all something he came up with to get their minds away from the workings of the world and how they fit into it.  A feeling that he never liked to talk about to anyone, since this world was his only link to anything.

Hirru took another stone, and took aim... and killed the boar, but nothing was gained.

"Hmm.. I should think of some way to make it better, but let's continue."

[ID: 27872][LD: 12] Nothing

Hirru = 1 Mats 4/10 Killed

Koumori = 0 Mats 3/10 Killed

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27876

LD: 8

So it seemed like he was really just bored too. Honestly, I shouldn't have expected anymore. As his next boar exploded, leaving nothing behind, he mumbled something about making this more interesting. I was having fun as it was but maybe he was right. I couldn't really think of anything though. As I thought about it I picked up my next pebble and extinguished my next prey. Nothing. While I got no materials out of it, I did come up with an idea. "What if we turned around and threw the stones without looking? That'll make it harder but maybe more rewarding." I was being unusually care free with my speech with this guy. Normally I say only what I need to or just provide sarcasm. Right now I was rifling off my mouth in a care free way I wasn't used to. Maybe it was because he and I were alike in a way. It's easier to talk to people who share the same views as you. Although I will say I have no problem with my usual zipped lips approach. 

Hirru = 1 (4/10)

Koumori = 0 (4/10)

(meaning we'd check the battle due to see if we get a hit first and, if we do, then check the loot die to see if we get something. That's all I could think of, it'll probably just make it more annoying haha)

Edited by Koumori