[PP-FL1] Acquainted with Danger (Koumori) [COMPLETE]

"Well, welcome to my ramen bar, Koumori!  What can I make for you today?"

Iggy says while pulling a bunch of ingredients from her menu screen.  From the looks of the ingredients, they would definitely be apart of some kind of noodle based broth soup.  She would start cutting some apart with just a flick of her knife and mix others with water and spices.  After some time, she would have placed all of the ingrediants into the pot to simmer for some time.

In the meantime, Hirru was still fussing over the rakkun on his head; trying to get it off, but it would only scurry out of his reach, or would jump around to fast before planting itself on his face again.  As Hirru was about to reach for his sword, Iggy would whistle a few notes which made the little Rakkun return to her side of the counter.  Hirru would readjust himself as he stared at the annoying little thing.  He had just about enough of them while in the forest.

"I can't believe you got a Rakkun.."

"I can't believe you haven't ordered anything yet.."

"...Shoyu (Salt)"

"Alrighty.."

She said as she would add some additional spices to a bowl.  In the mean time, the Rakkun would stare at Koumori while cocking its head to the side.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll just have ramen with beef. Is that a thing?" I said back to the woman unsure of myself. She turned around and started away at cooking while Hirru sat in front of me and fiddled with the raccoon. I have to force myself not to crack a smile as I watched him attempt to get the little animal off his head. By the time he was ready to draw his sword on the thing it decided it had enough and hurried back over to Iggy. I felt a little unnerved when it turned around and stared at me but I ignored it and turned back to Hirru. The place seemed nice, I had no idea what he had been talking about before. I decided to ask him about it. "This place doesn't seem bad, what were you talking about before we got here?" I didn't wish to offend the owner so I didn't say it loud enough for her to hear. After that I thought maybe small talk would be in order so I spoke to him again. "Well today was a surprisingly eventful day wasn't it?"

"Oh that.. well"

"Hmm?  What are you two talking about?  Little ole me?"

Iggy looked questioningly at Hirru as she prepared some beef cutlets to be boiled.  Hirru's heart was racing as he thought of a reason to get out of this.  It was one thing to thing to anger the cook, as they may change your order up on you, but to enrage Iggy was another.  If Hirru wanted to keep his head, he would need to think up something fast.

"Well, I wasn't saying anything about your cooking, just that he may get lucky from the selection.."

Iggy was eyeing him like a hawk, a slight hand movement towards a piece of cutlery.  Wide eyed, Hirru would stated waving his hands in front of him.

"I don't mean that your food is horrible.. it just.."

The glint in her eyes was apparent, and Hirru knew what was coming next.  He whistled the same tune that brought the Rakkun flying into his face again.  Smiling, he opened his mouth, though, it was muffled by the fur.

"You wouldn' hit a man with somethin adorable on his face..."

Before Hirru could finish, a counter tune played and the Rakkun jumped off Hirru's face just in time for an iron frying pan that was glowing from the light of a sword skill.  Which kind was not apparent, but as the area was a safe zone, Hirru would just be thrown backwards outside the shop.  It wouldn't do any damage, but the repulse from a sword skill was still quite powerful, and would hurt slightly.

"Don't you go confusing my customers!"

Iggy would say as she shook her fist at him; the Rakkun wrapping around her as she did.  It wouldn't take long for her threat to subside and a gentle happiness would soon take its place as she pulled out some bowls and poured the contents of the pots into either one.  Soon, she was serving Koumori's share to him, while Hirru's was placed on the counter where he would have been sitting.  Grumbling, he got back into the shack with the frying pan.  He set it on top of the dividing table before sitting down to find that the Rakkun was already helping herself to it.  Sighing, Hirru decided to take Koumori's offer of small talk.

"Yeah.. when I'm not getting hit by flying objects.. and animals weren't eating my food.."

He shooed the creature away as he started eating the remnants of his ramen.

It seemed that Iggy had heard us whispering to each other and asked what was going on. It was funny to watch Hirru flounder at trying to convince her that we weren't in fact insulting her. His efforts were doomed to fail from the start and this was proven as the woman through a sword skill infused frying pan right at his face. I brought my hand up to my face to cover my laughter as he fell backwards off of his seat. Once she was satisfied by his physical pain Iggy reverted back to her previous cheerful self and served us our food. No surprise she gave me mine first. I took the first bite before Hirru even got up and...huh? What was that taste? It didn't taste like Ramen but..I had no idea what the taste was. It wasn't that it tasted bad it just, didn't taste. I brought my nose down to the bowl to confirm what my tongue was telling me but that only served to worsen my problem. It smelled delicious! I could distinctly smell the different aromas of the noodles, the broth, the beef, the spices, everything. Thinking that maybe it was just a fluke I quickly wrapped some more up on my chop sticks and shoved it into my mouth. Nothing. I didn't get it. How could something that smelled so good literally have no taste? I began to think that Hirru was right about this girl. What kind of cook was she? In my confusion I looked up and noticed that Hirru had retaken his seat and was sharing his meal with the raccoon. Deciding maybe it would just be better to ignore what was going on in my mouth I went back to small talk. "Well it could be worse. We could be trapped inside a death game where the only way to live is beat 100 incredibly hard levels." Oh irony, how I love you. 

(I realize the current Hirru would probably not appreciate that comment, but at the time of this thread it should be okay right? I can change it if not)

(It's fine.  Your next post will be the last one, so put up a Summary underneath your post, and we will call this one done.  We've completed two pages so we both get 400 Col and 1 SP and the 3 Mats.)

"Yeah.. I don't think that's too soon or anything.."

Hirru said awkwardly as he opened his mouth for another round of the noodles.  It would soon be gone before he would start sucking down the broth.  Of course, he didn't care if there was no taste, as long as something was in his system that would reset the hunger pains in his body, he was fine with anything.  As he finished that, a sudden trade acceptance would appear before him.  It would seem that Iggy didn't want to talk to him.  He sighed as he put 100 Col into the trade, but a low growl could be heard from her.  He would begrudgingly turn it to 200 Col, which made her smile, before accepting the trade on both sides.

"Anyway, I gotta go.  I've been relaxing for too long.  I need to kill something big."

Hirru would say as he turned to Koumori.  Opening his menu, he would send a friend request right then and there.

"Hope to cross paths again!"

He said before bolting down the street.  The little Rakkun looked quizzically around the corner before attaching itself to Iggy again.  She pat its head.

"Don't worry, I made sure that he paid for your share too.  He usually does pay for both, regardless, but my prices have gone up since, so.."

She realized that she was going on and on, before cupping her hands to her mouth.  The little Rakkun would do the same.  When Koumori was done, she would take his bowl for cleaning and waved him goodbye.

"Have a good day, and don't forget to come on back now!"

Hirru gave a wry smile at my comment about the status of our situation. That was as much as anyone could do. He finished his noodles and began slurping down the broth before a trade request appeared before him. When Iggy seemed satisfied with the amount put in she accepted. Hirru stood up and said that he needed to get going, but not before he sent me a friend request. I looked at it for a second before accepting. He nodded and ran off down the street, leaving me alone in the shop with Iggy. She tried to strike up a conversation while she cleaned my part of the table. "Right. Well thank you for the meal, it was delicious." Well that was a lie. She didn't need the truth. She and her raccoon waved goodbye as I walked out and down the street. Unlike Hirru, I had nothing else to do. I wondered what I'd come across. 

-COMPLETE-

Hirru +400 Col +1 SP +1 Mat

Koumori +400 Col +1 SP + Mat