[PP-FL1] Acquainted with Danger (Koumori) [COMPLETE]

((I like it and we'll keep that for this thread, but I was thinking about doing something about luck increasing gear for the actual minigame tournaments that I have in mind.  To get it more it in focus with the actual grabbing of materials))

Hirru looked at Koumori as he asked if they could throw the stones without looking.  That sounded like a better distraction than anything else that he had thought of.  To think, that this guy was coming up with more ideas for a little game that was supposed to keep them away from a dark subject.  If he wasn't having fun with it, Hirru would think that Koumori was doing it intentionally.  

Having found a new challenge in the matter, Hirru turned around and closed his eyes.  He pictured one of the boars that was last in his sight.  This time, he threw it before hearing the distinctive ring of the sword skill and it missed its mark.

[ID: 27872] [BD: 5] Missed

Hirru = 1 Mats 4/10 Killed

Koumori = 0 Mats 4/10 Killed

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Mini game tournament? What would that be? Sounds interesting.)

He promptly agreed to my new proposition and turned around to throw his stone behind his back. It seemed like he got a little excited and threw the stone too early. Needless to say he missed. This guy seemed to be very relaxed about this whole thing. I'm sure he acted differently when there was real danger, but from what I saw he seemed to be very light spirited. Like I had been thinking the whole time, it looked like we would get along pretty well. In any case, it was my turn. I had already picked up enough rocks for the remaining boars so I turned around and picked one from my hand. I had done my best to memorize the position of one of the boars, so as I turned around I tried to imagine its position. I waited for the sword skill then let loose. Within a second I heard the squeel of the boar and the following death animation. I spun around to see I had hit it dead on and acquired a material in the process. "Looks like I found my calling."

ID: 27922

BD: 10

LD: 18

(Now that I just got that amazing battle roll I won't be able to get anything good for the duel I'm in  why cruel world?!)

Hirru = 1 (4/10)

Koumori = 1 (5/10)

Edited by Koumori

(You'll see when I announce it)

Hirru couldn't believe what he just saw.  The guy activated a sword skill and shot the rock behind him which actually got a boar, killed it, and gained a material.  That was unreal, if anything.  Hirru laughed before picking up another stone and weighed it in his hand before turning around.

"That may be."

He closed his eyes before visualizing a boar behind him. The ringing of a skill formed in his ear, and shot towards a boar.  The distinctive shattering of pixels told him that he had hit the mark, not that sword skills ever missed.  He gained nothing out of it, though.

"Definitely not mine."

[ID: 27974][BD = 7][LD = 7] Hit - Nothing

Hirru = 1 (5/10)

Koumori = 1 (5/10)

Edited by Hirru

He seemed shocked when I hit the boar to say the least. I was a little impressed with myself too, especially since I was able to get a material too. When it was his turn to go again he repeated the previous process and was this time able to hit the boar he was going for but still got no material. He seemed a little disappointed. "Not everyone's good at everything. I'm sure there's something you're good at" I said as I let loose my next rock. Bam. I obliterated the poor defenseless mob and, yet again, got my material. I was really lucky for some reason. Two behind the backs in a row. I had to brag. "Hmm. Even I impress myself sometimes. Maybe I should charge people to watch me" I said with a goofy grin

ID: 27982

LD: 15

Hirru = 1 (5/10)

Koumori = 2 (6/10)

Edited by Koumori

Hirru had to chuckle as Koumori bragged about his ability to smite a pig with a rock, from behind his back, without looking.  The more Hirru thought about it, he had to think about how this world worked.  Though, he kept that all to himself, but thinking about the sword skills that this world used for combat.  They seemed to be forced along by something that would pull them towards their target.  It was a belief in him, that something supernatural was about it.  Like magic, but he had heard that there was no such thing in this world.  Was it something else?

"I'd prefer hunting with my sword, but lets keep this up a bit."

Hirru tried again, but nothing came of it.  He even missed the boar again.  The boar looked at him before trudging though the grass.

[ID: 28001][BD = 2][LD = 7] Nothing

Hirru = 1 (5/10)

Koumori = 2 (6/10)

Edited by Hirru

I noticed he laughed a bit at my after my bragging. Dude really did have my sense of humor. I've met so many people in SAO, and every one of them is different. I don't think that I had met someone at that point who was strikingly similar to someone else. It was kind of amazing. And oddly enough I seemed to be able to get along with all of them...well most of them. When you stop to think, this place really is more than just a death game. We're our own community. And we still haven't seen it all. My train of thought was interrupted by the slight laughter that erupted from my throat as the other player missed his target for the second time. I quickly brought my fist up to my mouth and cleared my throat "cough cough I mean, nice try." Before he had time to retort, I took inventory of the hogs and turned, letting loose with the rock...and missed. Well, there goes my pride. "Oops, I guess I shouldn't have laughed at you."

ID: 28006

BD: 2

LD: 1

Hirru = 1 (5/10)

Koumori = 2 (6/10)

Edited by Koumori

"Ha ha, maybe not."

Hirru looked around the area, and thought about what Koumori said.  It was true that they were the only ones there, but that wasn't what he thought.  The NPCs, though mindless in their sense of being, were still a part of the economy in some way or fashion.  Then there was the random occurrences that would happen while people are trying to make a living.  Some would strike it rich, then next day would be swamped by hundreds of mobs in the same area.  There was nothing that anyone could do about that.

"Maybe now, I'll actually get something.."  

Turning from his position, he envisioned his rock hitting one of the boars.  Sure enough, after a slight hum and a quick movement, the boar was dead, and Hirru had another point under his belt.

"All tied up now!"

[ID: 28007][BD = 7][LD = 18] Hit +1 Mat

Hirru = 2 (6/10)

Koumori = 2 (6/10)

Edited by Hirru

I love it when insult gets added to injury I miss my pig, he hits his and gets a material. It looked like my luck had run out. Time to enter try hard mode. I shifted a rock into my right hand and dramatically announced "I'm putting all of my heart and soul into this one little pebble" Then I let loose with the sword skill. I turned around and saw I material waiting for me. Haha I did it again. I followed up my failure with a perfect victory. "Well I got the material but I think I just wasted my heart and soul for just that" I said happily while contrastingly scratching my head. How would he like that one?

ID: 28063

BD: 7

LD: 20

Hirru= 2 (6/10)

Koumori = 3 (7/10)

Edited by Koumori

Hirru kept his mind on the prize.  The one that messed with him was one his blacklist, and was about to be eliminated.  Taking another rock in hand, he did some test aiming without throwing it.  When he thought it was good to be thrown, he turned around to envision the boar as it oinked around the field.  Hirru didn't hear the respective hum of a skill, but still threw it.  It didn't go very far, and Hirru shrugged.

"Wish I knew the <<Sword Throw>> skill.."

[ID: 28065][BD = 2][LD = 14] Good... I didn't want anything to begin with..baka

Hirru = 2 (6/10)

Koumori = 3 (7/10)

Edited by Hirru

(Sorry for the massive delay. I've had tons of work to do so I've only been putting short responses in for my open parties)

He missed his next target as well, but something told me that if he had hit it he would've gotten a material. Oh well too bad for him. I was looking out at the field before my turn as I felt my stomach grumble. Looked like I was getting hungry, it was a good thing I made this deal to get dinner. I wondered where we were going to eat so as I turned around I asked, "So, what resturant did you have in mind?" As I finished I charged my sword skill and released my little friend. I was again able to hit a pig but the result was zilch. That was a wasted opportunity, it would've been better if I had missed. "Do you ever think that maybe life in here is better than our lives out there, Green?" I decided I should call him something, and his hair was pretty distinctive. 

ID: 28472

BD:6

LD:2

Hirru = 2 (6/10)

Koumori = 3 (8/10)

Edited by Koumori

((It's okay.  I know that school has started for most people.))

Hirru didn't have to think much about that answer.  There was only one place he ever went for food now-a-days.  That is, if she didn't always change her menu every single time that he visited her.  There was a small shack near the west end of the Town of Beginnings where a woman made a select style of food.  Unfortunately, you didn't know what you were going to get when you visited, as she always changed her theme whenever Hirru visited.

"Yeah, I know a place.  Dunno how you'll like it though.  You may get lucky, too.  Who knows."

Watching another boar shatter to bits as he played with his own rock, Hirru took aim towards another that had walked by,but at the question that Koumori gave, he missed entirely.

"Wait.. Green?  Oh, I guess I didn't tell you my name.  It's Hirru."

[ID: 28497][BD = 2][LD = 10]

Hirru = 2 (6/10)

Koumori = 3 (8/10)

Edited by Hirru

"Lucky? What kind of place are you bringing me to?" I replied. I'd never heard of a good resturaunt where luck was involved so I was very interested about this place. I usually only go to simple places to get stuff so my experience in the resturaunt scene was pretty limited. Anyway, time to shoot. I looked around the field and took inventory of all the boars. When I was satisfied I turned around and closed my eyes. After a deep breath, I readied my hand and threw the rock. Nothing. I was too hasty, my rock flew right past the leftmost boar. I had to get my head back in the game. Just then the other guy perplexingly revealed his name. It seems like that he had forgotten rather than planned to not tell me. "And the shroud of mystery has been lifted."

ID: 28790

BD: 2

LD: 7

Hirru= 2 (6/10)

Koumori= 3 (8/10)

Edited by Koumori
  • 2 weeks later...

"You'll see when we get there!"

He said as he worked up the will for another rock throw, as he picked up another rock from the ground, turned around while holding the stone in a fashion that would activate the sword skill.  That is, if it would work.  He could hear the humming of a sword skill as the right side of his face began to feel the glow of the stone.  Turning around, Hirru threw the rock with the force of a bullet, causing another innocent boar to be destroyed in a shower of light particles.  This one dropped a material, which he would need.

"Looks like we're tied up, and I have more chances."

[ID: 30242][BD = 8][LD = 18]

Hirru = 3 (7/10)

Koumori = 3 (8/10)

Edited by Hirru

I could only imagine what resturaunt this guy was going to take me too. "Ha, you're not planning on poisoning me are you?" With his next shot he was able to hit his boar and nab a material. Now we were tied once again. It was close to the end too, last chance to pull ahead. I had my rock all ready in my hand. I breathed deeply to steady myself, focusing intently. When the skill activated and the rock was ready to be released I flung it backwards. It was a perfect throw. I couldn't have hit that boar any more dead on of I tried. Unfortunately, I didn't get and materials. "That would've been amazing if it didn't put me even further behind. Do me a favor, do the same thing for your next one. 

ID: 30517

LD:13

Hirru= 3 (7/10)

Koumori= 3 (9/10) 

Edited by Koumori

"We shall see what happens with this next one."

Hirru said as he took his stone in hand.  Turning around, he picked one of the boars that decided to start grazing near by.  It would be an easy kill, but something didn't feel right.  Before he could stop himself, he turned to throw the stone, which traveled a good 3 feet to the ground.  He could only think about the way he was going about this.  He was having fun in this world, which was the epic of sorrowful worlds.

Hirru would shake that from his mind before looking at Koumori.

"I guess that one won't be rocking anyone's world, anytime soon."

[ID: 30539][BD = 3][LD = 14]

Hirru = 3 (7/10)

Koumori = 3 (9/10)

Edited by Hirru

(Sorry for always taking so long. I don't know why I always lose track of this thread.)

Hirru missed his next shot. His rock only made it a few feet and into the ground. I stifled a chuckle as I watched him in dismay. We were still tied but I was at a disadvantage having more boars. This could very well be my last chance. Once more I took a rock in my hand a surveyed the scene. Three board were roaming around. I made a mental note of the right most one and turned myself around. I released the rock at just the right time and heard the familiar shattering effect. My hope was quickly dashed as I discovered that my efforts had yielded no materials. That meant I was out of turns. Looked like I would probably lose. I turned to look at Hirru and salvaged all I could. "Well I'm probably not going to win, but I definitely have better aim than you" I said with a light laugh. I'd just have to sit back and watch what he did. "Don't mess up."

ID:30667

BD:7

LD:7

Hirru 3 (7/10)

Koumori 3 (10/10)

Edited by Koumori

Hirru took another stone in hand, and tried to visualize the same boar that he missed before.  As he turned to throw, something felt wrong as he was pelted backwards from something, making him lose his balance and fall to the ground.  The hunter opened his eyes to find that one of the boars had finally taken notice of their transactions, and attacked Hirru.  Sadly, it would only do a blip of which would be healed by his battle healing at that instance.

"Well, I think our little game is over.  I don't think Porker here would want us to kill any more of its family."

Hirru said as he walked up and stabbed the boar directly causing it to explode into light particles.

"Let's go and get some food, my treat."

[ID: 30689][BD = 2][LD = 8]

Hirru = 3 (7/10)

Koumori = 3 (10/10)

Edited by Hirru

I was about to say something to Hirru as the boar began charging him, but I didn't notice in time for it to make a difference. The boat did a pathetic amount of damage as it knocked him to the ground. More or less unfazed he simply got up and stabbed the creature. He said we might as well go get the food instead of continuing. Sounded good to me, he even offered to pay. Looks like it was going to be technically a draw. I dropped the remainder of my rocks and followed him as he started to walk away. "If we took this too far we could start a genocide. Lead the way." And with that he took me to his resturaunt. I was curious as to what food I would be greeted with. 

"Yeah, well you're going to wish it was a genocide when we get there."

Hirru said as he led Koumori out of the fields into the main entrance to the Town of Beginnings.  It has been quite a while since he had been to Iggy's shack.  It was around the time that he was training Starrine to begin her adventures.  Hopefully, she was alright.  Hirru didn't want any of his friends to die in this world, as they needed to get back to their own world.  Now that they were 10% done with the tower, there was hope yet.  As he walked down the road to the central square, Hirru would make a series of turns that would lead them to an area along the western district.

Near the end of the western district, a small shack that seemed rather shabby for a place that should be a restaurant.  From outside, a small curtain that would hide the body from the chest up was hung.  A bright light from inside would show several stools beside a bench like table.  On the other side, if memory recalls correctly, there would be a division that makes up the chef's cooking area.  Everything would seem the same as last time he had stayed here, except for the sign next to the entrance.

Iggy's Ramen Bar

"Iggy!  Did you change up your menu again?"

Hirru shouted out as he lifted the curtain for Koumori to enter, and would sit down on one of the stools.  From inside, they would be able to hear a bunch of metal and pans clanking before another crashing sound was heard.

"Oww.. You didn't have to yell..ya know."

The voice came from a woman in a waitress outfit with long brunette hair tied in a ponytail.  Her hazel eyes would blink several times from pain as she rubbed the back of her head.  She walked forwards towards the counter where she would normally prepare her meals.

"Welcome to...ow..Iggy's Ramen Bar!"

She tried to be courteous and welcoming, but the fact that she was holding her head while bowing towards us made it more comical.

"Hey, Iggy!  Brought another potential customer, but I have to say, that your menu changes more than our weapons."

"You should know by now that I don't like keeping things the way they are."

"Which is why I worry about coming on Tuesdays.."

"...Anyway, introduce me to your friend."

"Oh yes.. this is.. Gah!"

As Hirru was about to introduce Koumori, something brown flew out of the shop and into his face.  It would quickly bounce around his shoulders before climbing into his Kun Fur Hat.  This creature would actually be the live version of the Kun Fur Hat, a Rakkun.

"Wha!!  Gah.. not again.."

"Aww.. She likes you!  Anyway, how about you introduce yourself, sweety?" 

I continued to worry as I followed Hirru to the resturaunt, especially after that comment. He lead me to a place that was deep within the western district. It was a small place judging from the facade. As we approached I got a good look at the sign, it was a ramen bar. Once we stepped in the ought the entrance guarded by a small curtain I got my first glimpse of the interior. My initial assumption was right, it was really small. But that didn't seem like a bad thing. It was cozy, personal even. I listened as Hirru yelled for Iggy, the owner and apparent chef of the restaurant, and saw her pop up from behind the cooking partition. She was a normal looking woman, with her brunette hair tied in a pony tail, her hazel eyes blinking rapidly. She had a nice and pleasant vibe to her, but she seemed to be having a hard time. I simply stood there as Hirru and she went back and forth at each other. Eventually the green haired kid mentioned me and Iggy diverted her attention to me. But all this was interrupted when a raccoon flew out and latched onto Hirru's face. I looked at him quizzically as the creature fooled around. Finally breaking the awkwardness Iggy asked for me to introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Koumori." I'm usually cold lipped around people I don't know. I turned around and took a seat at the table, ready to eat. I was starving.