First of all, i, as a new player, had a few question.

1. Is there any limit to player's item capacity? It's already 25 with bread and waters alone.

2. Do basic armors have damage mitigation? If i remember correctly basic weapons deal 1 damage regardless your weapon (please CMIIW)

3. What about basic damage? Lets say, you're level 50 and wielding some basic cheap one handed straight sword you found five minutes ago nearby. Then you decided to slash some boar just for fun. Is the damage dealed still 1 (Without one-handed straight sword skill allocated)? I mean, if its the real game you could slash that boar easily even with a bamboo stick..

Thats all i had for now. Thank you.

Edited by Miria

1.) There is only a limit for equipment (which is 3) and battle ready items that take a post to use (which is 5).  Miscellaneous items like bread, water, and materials are unlimited.

2.) Basic Armor does not have damage mitigation as you start with GOOD tier items, which don't have enhancements. To get MIT, you need enhancements and the appropriate armor skill.

3.) Your base damage is 1 with ANYTHING.  More damage is determined by enhancements and skills.  So, yes, if Calrex our resident b a d a s s tried using a basic good tier polearm, he would only do 1 damage.

Also.. that boar is much harder now because our Cardinal / Dice roller is quite quirky.

Edited by Hirru

Actually @Hirru, if I remember correctly, you are only partially correct. The inventory space is 6 dealing with battle-ready & equipped items combined. You have a maximum of 3 equipped items at a time and you could upgrade (double-check if I'm wrong) the rest of your battle-ready/dormant inventory. The reason why I call it dormant is that I'm fairly certain you can keep some weapons in those slots, BUT you need an entire post action to switch it out. An example would be that I had a knife with extra DMG and another one with Bleeding. I could switch between the two, BUT it would take me an entire post to switch between the two knives.

Other than that, Hirru is correct.

The only place where it actually shows the limit is the Extended weight limit skill.  Believe me, I've searched.

Extended weight limit:

5 Ranks

Passive

Effect: Players start out with an inventory with 3 equipped items followed by 5 available slots, without the skill. They gain one extra slot per Skill Level invested in the Extended Weight Limit skill. 

Edited by Hirru

Oh, alright. Last time I actually officially checked the rules (to be honest) was quite a while back in one of my previous incarnations and I didn't bother much with having too much items. I'm still partially certain about switching between weapons as I saw (was it Mari?) someone ask about it. I'll go ahead and double-check.

TL;DR: My mistake on capacity, still partially sure about weapon switching.

Actually, you are right on that part Paglikha, as any item in the battle ready slots can be a weapon / armor / item that can either be switched in or used.  I'm planning my own version of that with two swords, one with paralysis and another with bleed.  I don't mess around when it comes to rules.  If I don't know it, I will point you towards someone that does.

@Miria

Sorry for turning that into a mini discussion of inventory slots.

Well since they have the inventory thing covered I'll attempt to put my two col in on the other two subjects.

By 'basic armors' I'm assuming you're talking about what your character first starts out wearing at the beginning of the game when you start RPing at level 1. In this case, I believe your character is actually wearing 'basic clothing/starter clothing' and is there purely for cosmetic and decency sake, holding no actual combat/protection value.

Now about basic damage...that's a bit trickier. From what little I know about SAO from the anime and manga (and games like it in general), usually physical attacks are based on one's strength stat. Buuuut here in SAO RPG, there is no strength stat or any other 'stat', other than possibly for roleplaying purposes. The damage you give out is based on how high the weapon skill of the weapon you are wielding is as well as if the weapon itself has any modifiers. Such as plus one to your damage output. Every character starts out being able to do only one damage. But if they put a skill point into their weapon skill, then they'll be able to do two damage (with that weapon type). And so on and so forth. So if say a level 50 player that completely maxed out their one handed sword skill but then decided to pick up two handed spears...they would do pitiful amounts of damage compared to what they're used to. As far as I know 'leveling up' on the site only makes your health bar bigger. Doing more damage is dependent on skill points which you earn by RPing and making more posts and most importantly, finishing the quests/threads, since you aren't rewarded with the skill point until you complete the thread and have it okay'ed and locked by a mod.

I haven't been around for very long so I might be mistaken about some things, but hopefully someone can confirm or correct me so I don't mess you up ^^;
Welcome to SAO RPG by the way Miria~!

Hirru, thanks for the title XD, but there's others that are just as powerful or even moreso than me. Only thing I have going for me is a lot of health :P.

In any case let me see if I can further explain or clarify on anything already said, so here they are for each question.

1. If you're going by the rules, you can only have equipped 3 "enhanced" pieces, meaning that any item you have that is above a Good rank which actually provides an enhancement counts towards these three. Examples of this would be a +1 damage weapon, +2 mitigation armor, and + 2 accuracy trinket. So, in actuality, if you have a +1 damage weapon, +2 accuracy trinket, +2 evasion trinket, and no enhancement armor, you are still legal.

As for your other slots it is true that without the Extended Weight limit skill you only have 5 slots available for other items. However, consumable items can actually have multiples of the same item under one slot. This means that you can actually have 5 potions on you and only have them take up one slot. So you could have more items than just 5, as long as they are of the same item (You can't have a healing potion and an enhancement potion take up the same slot).

2. By basic armor I'm guessing you're referring to the base "armor" that you can receive when starting the game. This does not count towards mitigation, because it is just basic clothing your character is wearing. Mitigation can only be gained (as previously explained) by having either armor + the respective skill / armor that has an enhancement towards mitigation / or both.
Ex.1 : A player that has 3 levels in the Light Armor skill wearing a piece of Good (unenhanced) rank armor still has a total mitigation of 3 due to the skill
Ex. 2: A player that has no levels in an armor skill wearing a piece of Perfect (3 enhancement slots) rank +3 mitigation armor has a total mitigation of 3 due to the armor's enhancement.
Ex 3: A play that has 3 levels in Light Armor skill wearing the armor in example 2 will have a total mitigation of 6 due to the combined enhancement of both armor and skill.

3. Your ability to do damage with a weapon is decided by the weapon's enhancement and your respective skill in the weapon, same as armor. The only skill that applies across all weapons is Athletics, which basically increases your base damage from 1 to 2 for any weapon.