Good late evening to you all (or another time depending on when any of you read this). I decided on the name of Phaedra so that is what you can call me, or perhaps Phae for short if you'd prefer.
I've been lurking around for a few days now, reading over the rules and trying to decided whether to join or not and I am going to give it a shot. I haven't role played on a forum in a good while but look forward to doing so yet again. I shall be working on my character's profile post haste and hope that you all will bear with my inexperience as it has been a while since I last watched Sword Art Online and I am trying to refresh my memory by doing a bit of research.
I look forward to role playing with you all.

Edited by Phaedra

Warm welcomes indeed. Thank you all for your greetings and offers of assistance. I am quite relieved to find kind and helpful people on the forum.

I have noticed a few errors (at least I assume they are errors) in the Tutorials threads, where the person will have a link that should go to a place mentioned but instead simply loads the page that was already pulled up. Is the link supposed to do this? Or perhaps go to a specific section on the page? Or are the links just broken?

I'm also unsure as to what qualifies as 'spamming'. I was under the impression from looking over some of the other role play threads that creating a thread and posting in it only with yourself was acceptable, but is this only allowed if there is a certain amount of time between one's posts?

I apologize if my writing seems formal, I haven't had the chance to write outside of school for quite some time so I am working to adjust my style accordingly.

In Solo Party or threads alone, you are more than welcome to post as much as you want. That seems to acceptable so long as the posts have some depth and not one liners. And the forum was recently upgraded so some of the links will redirect you back to the same page when you click on them. Mari who has been working on the guides has been away for some time dealing with IRL issues, I dont think any of the other staff have yet to fix the situation as well. So you'll have to do a little searching. If you still need help with finding something, let us know. :D 

In Solo Party or threads alone, you are more than welcome to post as much as you want. That seems to acceptable so long as the posts have some depth and not one liners. And the forum was recently upgraded so some of the links will redirect you back to the same page when you click on them. Mari who has been working on the guides has been away for some time dealing with IRL issues, I dont think any of the other staff have yet to fix the situation as well. So you'll have to do a little searching. If you still need help with finding something, let us know. :D 

Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation in both regards.
Also, I do have one question concerning how one role plays. Seeing as how in the anime of Sword Art Online, everyone started at the same time, how does one explain the vast level difference when a new person starts role playing here on the forum for the first time? I take it that they've been there from the beginning since once news was broadcasted of the players being trapped, no one in their right mind would want to even attempt logging in.

I personally explain it as people being too afraid to leave the starter town, or depression or many other reasons for one to not want to go out into the world. Being trapped can bring out the worst in a person, y'know? You could technically RP that you lived as a peaceful merchant or something I suppose, a non-combat role. Whatever the case, my character as far as my headcanon goes Kalesh only left town for the first time "not long ago" out of fear of death.

Also hello!