[PP-F1]- I'm Gonna Take You Up On That Offer

Beoreson woke up the next day and, got ready for the day. He slammed the alarm at 04:05 as he normally did. But, he back to sleep and, woke up at 13:23. Beoreson with a sigh got up and, prepared for the day. Today was a rest day for the warrior but, he still liked to wake up when he normally did. The warrior cleaned up his bed and, put up all his bed stuff. He decided that he might as well shower as well. He looks puts on his armor and, looks around his shop. He remembers the time that he set up a mini tavern in the shop and, manages to avoid crying. He remembers that Opal offered to have a drink with him sometime and, decided that he might as well have a drink now. He sends a PM to the women that reads,"Hey up for some day time drinking? I want to take you up on you're offer of a drink. Do you know anywhere open during the day?"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opal was minding her business teetering on the edge of the safe zone and simply enjoying the cozy warm sun upon her somewhat exposed body. She sank into the emerald grass and closed her dark eyes before being lured into a nap. There was a ping or a sound that startled her awake only moments into drifting off into sleep. Agonizing over the sound, her fingers slipped through her menu in mid air and adressed the pop up message. It was from her fellow guild mate, Beoreson, the one she met at the Funeral and later at his forge to pick up Lindow's Legacy Blade. He was going to take her up on that offer of a drink and was wondering if there was any places open during the day. Pfft, of course there was, Opal knew all of them.

Opal replied to the message: Yes I do! I know tons that are open during the day. I'll meet you up at your forge, Sugar. 

Edited by Opal

((Gotta love the fact that Beoreson is a ninja with plate on))

Beoreson is wearing the under armor of Wolf's Vanguard. It's just a basic black t-shirt and, some black jean like pants. He waves to the women as she comes walking down the street. "I would prefer if you don't refer to me as "sugar" " says the raven haired warrior. He looks better, his face clean shaven, and the soot washed away. He looks to the woman,"So, where are we going?" asks the warrior as he adjusts his kunai. The knife is holstered in a black leather sheath. He robs his shoulder as he waits for the girl to answer. Before he heads out he joking says, "Pain is sleeping on a weapons display case."  A thought comes to him,"You don't have military training do you?" asks the warrior as they start walking.

The woman waved back to him, and as soon as she walked up to him with a smile on her delicate face Beoreson had mentioned he did not wish to be called, 'Sugar.' Opal didn't think anything of it, perhaps he just didn't like to be called pet names, she would just simply call him Beoreson then from then on, "Since this is a casual mee up, do you mind if I just call you Beoreson. Or would you rather me state your rank before adressing you?" she asked jokingly, these Crimson Blades' members were pretty uptight at first glance and what from Lindow had expressed this one was at least somewhat mellow and free caring, that turned out to be a wrong fact or perhaps he was just not comfortable with the company of a cute girl along with him. 

"You sleep in your forge I take it? That must be uncomfortable and hot, and dirty...I kinda like that," she muses to herself tapping a finger to lip and giving off a smile to him, "No. I have no experience with the military. I'm a sorority sister back home, and a girly girl. I'll leave that stuff to our fine soldiers who are making the world a better place. I am majoring in Chemistry though. I might not look it, but I got more than just air in this head of mine." She gave a teasing smile while leading them through Town of Beginnings. 

"Ahh! We are here! See? Its open...Maybe we can chit chat with some of my drinking pals if they are here! I get around alot." She pinched her eyes into a squint and walked inside, "Heya chums!" she roared out, but there was barely anyone here. 

"Oh? I guess we have a good deal to the place ourselves. Heya~ Keeper~ how about my regular, yeah? And get my friend here...a nice dark beer. He looks like he can handle it. Unless you want something else," she said gesturing to him. 

Beoreson cracks a smile,"Trust me, when I tell you it suck to sleep on a glass bed." says the warrior about her comment about sleeping in his shop. "I was in ROTC and, was majoring in computer science. I got it wavered though on a special case." says the warrior talking about his college career. "As a matter of fact, I modded my NerveGear to let me play SAO right out of the dorms." says the warrior with a fake smile. He hated the fact that he had been successful in his attempt to modify his gaming system. He followed the woman to whatever drinking hole that she was leading him to. He didn't care at the moment. Beoreson watches the girl start yelling at the few people in the tavern. Well it didn't look to bad and, looked better then, the time that he turned his shop into one. He listens as Opal orders him a beer and, thinks for a moment. "Yeah sure, doesn't sound to bad." says the warrior as he sits on one of the stools. He receives his drink and discovers that he got a malt. It was rather sweet for his taste but, beer was beer. Beoreson decides to make some conversation,"So, what do you do?" The warrior takes his kunai out and, spins it in his right hand while sipping his beer with his left.

The keeper handed the female a glass and a bottle of Brandy tasting wine, immediately her eyes lit up with a jovial expression as she planned on drinking the entire bottle during this sit down event. She listened to the story of his modded nervegear, being the computer science kinda guy he was that didn't seem too off from the fact that he could do such a thing. Opal's worked out of the box and thank God for that cause she was technologically inadept at such things. She even had to have friend install all the necessary parts and stuff on her computer, all she did was put it on her head and turn it on. As he explained about his college course, she didn't know what ROTC stood for and she just simply smiled and nodded to him holding her glass up, "Well, that sounds very exciting. As far as what I do? I don't work, I party...alot to come to think about it. Several times a week in fact. And other than that, I like to go shopping at the mall they always have such expensive items there though! You know what I'm saying?" she lightly touched the bar table, she was going to touch his arm, but she remembered how Lindow described Beoreson as somewhat, jumpy. It was best not to jump his bones then...but if this alcohol gets to her head there might be trouble for them. 

"Other than that, as I said, I am majoring in Chemistry, mostly toxicology. Which is what I plan on doing here as my profession, I think becoming an alchemist might be right up my ally with that sort of thing. You never know when a potion is gonna save--" she drew a breath and thought about Lindow. If he had a few potions perhaps he would have survived, perhaps if she had been more serious in the game and got her profession earlier...she could have saved his life. The thoughts collected as she sat in silence for a moment, that alcohol seemed appealing more and more and she sipped from the oversized wine glass, "Damn it all...I normally smoke when I drink...and there is no way of getting that in game. Ugh! Hey! I heard there was a hot spring on Floor Four. Is that true? I've been up there with the power levelers trying to score some free loot, but I never explored alone." 

Beoreson seeing the blank look on her face when he said "ROTC" decided that he might as well explain it later. He heard that she smoked while she drank and, the fact that she was going to be an alchemist. He put two and, two together and, came up with a half baked plan. "As an alchemist you could most likely get some sort of herbs that works like tobacco and, roll them. I'm sure you could also, make some sort of lighter." says the warrior as he finishes a spin of his knife. He places the knife in the sheath. He decides to devote his concentration to talking and, drinking. At the mention of a hot spring the warrior shrugged, "I never bothered looking for it but, I heard the rumor." "I normally solo, unless I'm needed for a group clearing mission." says the warrior. He might as well tell the truth here, no point in lying.

The liquid almost came spilling out of her mouth, she didn't think for a moment that herb in this game could be used as a nicotine based addiction, now she really wanted to become an Alchemist, if not for the sole purpose of just that idea alone, "YOU! Are a brilliant man, I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner! I'll be more than happy to drink to that!" she lifted her glass with two fingers from the base and sipped her caramel colored brandy drink. "Mmm, that's good. A rumor eh? Damn, well. If I am ever up there by myself, that's the first thing I am gonna search for..." She wondered about the comment he made about being a solo player, Lindow was much the same in that regards. If it was too dangerous, he wouldn't ask anyone to go with him. 

He sighed once more, "Its good though..." she started to say, "that we are able to be in a guild. I might be a big scardy cat when it comes to this, but I don't wanna die. Losing Lindow, that...that made everything all the more real. We won't get to see him ever again, we won't get to hear his laughter, share his thoughts, the way he just puts people at ease...Sorry, I thought I got all this [censored] taken care of at the funeral." she sniffed lightly, a tear breaking free from the corner of her eye, "I visit him a lot at the Monument. I scorn and yell at him for being an idiot and being wreckless. He shouldn't! He...shouldn't have died, ya know?! I mean...its just not fair...Damn it!"

"Oh crap, she's at it again," the bar keeper mentioned, "Take deep breaths, Opal." she said to herself, downing the low contents of her wine and then pouring herself another glass.  

Beoreson looks at the woman, trying to avoid throwing up his emotional wall. He manages to get about a minute before it becomes to much for to bear and, has to throw up his wall to avoid crying. He says to the girl before he does so," I hold no fear of death and, I know Lindow died doing something that he thought was important enough to die for." Beoreson throws his emotional blockers on and, watches the woman fall apart at the memory of Lindow. He waits for her to stop crying and, downs the rest of his beer. He orders a whiskey for himself, now that he had finished his beer. When the girl finally stopped crying he looked to her with out emotion and, said. "What are you going to do about it". He stated the question like it was an order not like it was a question of how she was going to cope with it but, what she was going to do to move forward and, keep going. He wasn't going to be a warm shoulder to cry on. He would fall apart himself, if he let that much emotion show.

Beoreson looks at the woman, trying to avoid throwing up his emotional wall. He manages to get about a minute before it becomes to much for to bear and, has to throw up his wall to avoid crying. He says to the girl before he does so," I hold no fear of death and, I know Lindow died doing something that he thought was important enough to die for." Beoreson throws his emotional blockers on and, watches the woman fall apart at the memory of Lindow. He waits for her to stop crying and, downs the rest of his beer. He orders a whiskey for himself, now that he had finished his beer. When the girl finally stopped crying he looked to her with out emotion and, said. "What are you going to do about it". He stated the question like it was an order not like it was a question of how she was going to cope with it but, what she was going to do to move forward and, keep going. He wasn't going to be a warm shoulder to cry on. He would fall apart himself, if he let that much emotion show.

She rimmed the wine glass with her finger after she finished letting out a small squeak from her latest outburst. She sniffled lightly and looked up at him, she didn't know how someone could be so distant and cold, maybe it was because she was just a woman and she had these problems with emotions and hormones, "What am I gonna do about it? I guess I need to stop crying for starters. And after that, I guess I'll need to train my ass off right? I need to get out there and do what Lindow did and make a name for myself. You have any idea how much respect he was given when he declared to protect Snowfrost village from the child PKers? That took a lot of guts, and I don't have the bravery some men have. I will work hard though, I will try my best and I won't give up doing what needs to be done. Thank you, Beoreson for...talking with me about it. I know you aren't the type of guy that has these emotional talks and I am a girl with high hormone issues. Just thanks..." she offered a smile to him and turned her attention back to her wine glass. 

"Let's talk about something else. I might end up bursting in tears again if I talk about him, ya know?" She turned her full attention to him, she leaned over lightly and titled her body to the side, her arm curving as she placed her cheek in her palm, "I'll make sure no one else in the guild dies. My potions will save everyone." 

Beoreson sits quietly as the woman vents. He waits for her to stop and says to her very simply. "You are not Lindow, but you are a player in this world. If I know one thing about video games is that you can be anything you want." says the warrior as she starts to calm down. Emotion slowly creeps back into the black haired man's eyes. "Yeah, I do." says the warrior as the last little bit of emotion trickles in turning the coldness in his blue eyes into a warm and, happy glow. He thinks for a moment what to talk about. He decides to ask her something that shouldn't press any buttons.  "I could help you with the gathering of the mats for you're potions." states the warrior. He takes the last swig from his whiskey and, decides to take it easy on the alcohol. He order a water from the bar keeper and, takes a sip of it.

Edited by Beoreson

"My own body guard, huh? I can work with that. We should always stick together, I mean not you and I, we as in the guild. I know I am just a low level player and I have some catching up to do, but at least we can all be there for one another. I'd be happy with that..." there was a look in his eyes as they were warming up, perhaps it was the buzz of the alcohol that was unknitting the coldness from his eyes. The female looked back down at her Brandy glass and drank then contents, "Water is good for you...but I can't stomach the stuff right now. I normally am a very light drinker, but this game, these last few weeks have made me a big ball of stress and this kitty needs to release it. Nothing says happiness like drowning your sorrow in spirits!" she tasted the contents after circling the liquid within the glass. 

"The sword you gave, The Ifrit, its a good blade. You are truely talented at your craft. I have seen some wild looking weapons in some shops, but this is the most unique design I have yet to see. I feel like I am getting stronger with each day that passes when I use it. I take it out towards the safe zone and just swing away at the air building up the muscle in my arms. I know I complain alot, and I'm sorry about that. Maybe in time, I won't be such a spoiled little brat."

Beoreson cracks a grin at the girls stumbling with words. He says to the girl,"As much as I would love to say that I want everyone to support me and, everyone to walk around in a friendship circle. I don't and, I need to support everyone else. I can look after myself." The warrior laughs at the fact that she can drown her sorrow in this game. "As much as I would love to say the alcohol effects me in this game. It doesn't have much of an effect and, what little effect it does have can easily be fixed by waiting an hour. The most I can get is a light buzz." says the warrior. Well, he did drink the rest of the keg after Lindow left and, didn't feel any different. The warrior sighs at the fact that see still was having trouble with the weapon. He made it for a giant man, that worked out quit a bit. Beoreson decides to ask another question,"What armor type are you thinking of?"

"Hrm?" she looked back up at him, it was a sad fact the he wanted to remain alone. Lindow said he could look after himself as well, hopefully Beoreson knew what he was getting himself into if he truly desired to walk that path. She cleared her throat and started to twist a long raven lock of her hair in her finger as she thought, "I'm probably gonna go with leather armor. This sword is really cool but its a monster to swing around. If I added on heavy armor to the list, I might not be able to move at all seeing as I am a petite thing. I'll need to find a decent tailor and get something made up soon if I want to travel with the group during hunts. I know I wont be invited to anything special right now, but my level will increase in time. You'll see." she smiled, she didn't give much thought on the type of armor, she just hoped whatever it was...it wasn't thick, heavy and suffocating like full body platemail. 

She stood up from the bar stool and with the back of her hand she swept the long raven locks of hair behind her shoulders, "This outfit is pretty basic, don't you think? It doesn't offer any sort of mitigation or the like, but I like how it looks and feels on me. I know some ladies who can wear the bulky armor and they can get away with it, but I like...scantly clad things, lace, latext. Rarw!" she clawed the air at him with a short giggle before sitting back down in her stool, "But I think leather armor will do just fine. I still need to look at the types of enhancements there are in the game and figure out a good build." 

Beoreson laughs at the fact that the girl wanted to wear armor that had holes in it basically. "I got to say that is pretty funny." says the warrior as he laughs about the armor. He orders another whiskey and, decides to tell the girl the build he has in mind so far. "I'm going for a weapons master build. I'm going to learn to use everything except, Shields and, hammers." say the warrior as he takes a sip from his new drink. Beoreson had no idea what kind of whiskey it was but, it tasted better then, any he had before.

She giggled with his laughter, she didn't think it was too unrealistic really. If you can have a dagger with extra damage on it, surely a piece of leather can work just as well as damage mitigation against a steel plate, she was indeed interested in some of the other builds that people had in mind. She only spent her SP on the weapon skill other wise she wouldn't have been able to lift The Ifrit in anycase of the scenario. Part of her wanted to go back and look into Rapiers but right now, she needed to use what she had and it was a good idea not to spread herself out too much with other weapon classes until she was ready to invest. She leaned in and listened with great detail about his explaination of his build, "Why no hammers and shields then?" she was careful not to call him 'Sugar' this time, as he had expressed earlier that he did not like the pet name. Her finger was back on the rim of her glass, and her long raven hair found its way back to her front covering a good deal of her upper torso.  

Beoreson clearly ignoring the woman's "assets", thinks back to why he won't bother with those weapons. "I can't forge them. I wasted at least three or four mats on each of the designs." says the warrior as he thinks back to him raging over a failed shield craft and, wanting to quit smithing entirely. He finishes off his whiskey and, orders another one. From what the warrior mentioned, he looked like he really could only get a buzz from the game. He waited for the bartender to refill the glass. He relines slightly and, scanned the area around him for danger. It was obvious that the warrior was thinking rather deeply. The warrior looks at his clock and, gives a nod to himself," This is the longest I have gone without fighting." says the warrior, as he looks at the clock rather oddly. He remembers that he woke up late and, chills out.

She teased him, "Uh-oh. Gonna go through some withdrawals if you don't impale something? If that's the case..." she looked at him with a sultry gaze, "I'm just kidding," she laughed at her poor choice of words of impaling something and waved her hand, "If you really want to, you've been a good sport to me so maybe I can do some hunting with you. I can't say I am gonna be a master swordsman like Lindow was, but I know I need the training. Unless you need to get back to your shop or something?" She was enjoying her time with Beoreson, although he was somewhat intimidating, distant and cold, there was warmth in his eyes at times and he showed emotion. Maybe he just needed to be comfortable around someone before he opened up a bit more. 

She twisted the raven locks of her hair with a finger again, she was fidgeting over the table as she was looking into her brandy glass and at the half empty of bottle next to her, "Welp! Can't let this stuff spoil, ya know?" she emptied the remains of the contents of the bottle in her wide mouth wine glass, the caramel colored liquids splashed around inside until she took it to her mouth and drank from it. She licked her lips with her tongue, and then sliding a finger across her bottom lip and placing it in her mouth savoring the residue it left behind, "Mmm," she enjoyed that flavor so much. 

The raven haired warrior clearly missing all of the sexual innuendos and, says to the female." You don't stab with a ninjato. It makes as much sense as using spear as a quarter staff."  He nods to the women's comment about the wine, "No sense in letting wine spoil." He opens up his inventory and, and adds his wolf cloak and, summons up his plate pieces. He puts them on but, leaves some wiggle room in the pieces as he would adjust them in a minute. He looks to the women and, flips the wolf's hood down. His blue eyes shining from where the wolf's used to be. He then says with a grin,"Boo." He also equips Shadow's strike as he finishes adjusting all the straps on his armor he looks to the girl,"Ready?"

"Boo! Back!" she giggled and got off from the bar stool, she took the glass and gave it one last turn to mix the contents and downed the remaining liquid. Her eyes were on the man as he fastened himself with his armor and weapons, almost as if he were ready to go to war. Impressed with the mounted wolf cap, she nodded to him and gestured after paying the bar keeper. She equipped The Ifrit to her back and felt the sudden change of weight in her body and nodded slowly with a small grin, "Ready when you are, please lead the way..." she said adjusting her self and the accompanied weight of the sword. 

"You are gonna take the lead, right? Cause...I am good lookin' and everything, but the beasts in this area care little for the attractiveness of ladies." She wanted to make sure he was going to tank the mobs, there was no way she would be able to do it, "Also if you don't mind, I know of a few special areas where I can hunt down some herbs for my on going quest, it won't take long to hit those nodes. So a mix of combat and material gathering would be sufficient, ya know?" They headed out the door, there was a low layer of darkness hinting at the sky, "We might have to be a little careful, yeah? It must be getting dark soon. I'm not scared though, so long as you are there to help me." she smiled as she followed him.