[PP-F6] The Bout with the Amazons (Shirosu) [COMPLETE]

"I'd say so. I doubt an animal would be backed against a tree like this" I said as I leaned closer to the evidence. The cut was very deep and the amount of blood meant it was a clean hit. No way the girl was still alive. The only other clue was that a slashing weapon was used, not a stabber like a rapier. Although this information would hardly be helpful. "Now we know what's happened to them, they've been murdered" as I stood up I heard a squeel come from behind me, from Lyra. She was covering her mouth with her hands and her eyes were full of fear. The girl must've been thinking that everyone had been getting lost and wasn't prepared to hear that there were killers out in the woods. Still, her reaction was unexpected. She normally acted strong and confident, so this brief display of fear seemed out of character. I turned to Shirosu, who was still looking at the tree, and whispered to her. "This is more dangerous than I thought, we should be on our guard. Why don't you go and try to calm down our little Amazon over there. You're a girl so you'd probably do better than me." If we hoped to get through this quickly we'd have to take control of the situation. We'd also have to keep an eye out for the attackers, but I still had no idea what I was looking for. I had no idea what the road ahead might hold. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the attack was definitely a brutal one, looks like it had been very messy by all of the blood everywhere, not done by a professional, probably bandits .When Lyra squealed Shirosu felt sorry for her, they were probably people she knew, even if they were NPC's,she nodded about being on high alert and walked over to where Lyra was standing, curious about the mood swing again, but feeling sentiment so she talked calmly to the girl,as if she were a frightened wild animal, doing her best to reassure Lyra that her and Koumori weren't going to let that happen to her. The Black haired girl sniffled and nodded in agreement, but didnt continue talking like she had before. "We should get through this place as quick as possible" she said worriedly to Koumori, "the less time we spend here the better"

Like I suggested, Shirosu walked over to comfort Lyra. It appeared like it worked a little, although she didn't say anything in response. Shirosu then came back to me and said we should get moving quickly. I agreed. "Mm hmm. Let's get going. Come on, Lyra!" With that we started moving more quickly through the forest. Without Lyra bothering us we were covering much more ground than we had before. Minutes had passed and we hadn't seen anything out of place. I began thinking it was odd that we only saw that one attack, and that it was in such a visible area. I began to get even more suspicious as to what was going on. Something wasn't sitting right in my stomach. What we had seen was...perfect. Just what would set a visitor in a panic. But why would somebody do that? The girls were definitely dissapearing, so what was a scare tactic like that doing there? I couldn't understand. And soon after that I wasn't even standing. Rushing through the forest had been a...bad idea. We weren't paying attention to where we were going, and we fell right into their trap. As I stepped onto a covered section of the rode, instead of hitting solid ground my foot sank. Shirosu was practically right at my side so she didn't have nearly enough time to save herself. Lyra though, was still behind us and was able to leap backwards away from the hole as the two of us tumbled. We both began I free fall into the darkness, the panic clouding our senses. The hole seemed to be very deep as it was at least a few seconds before I reacted. I looked over and saw Shirosu falling next to me, screaming. I reached out to her and grabbed her by the arm, pulling her close to me. I wrapped my arms around her and held her in a tight embrace as I spun in the air to have my back face the ground. Only a few moments later did our fall abruptly stop as my body slammed into the hole floor. I slowly released Shirosu as my arms flopped down to my sides. My chest felt heavy with her laying on top of me. The fall didn't seem to hurt me too badly, but the wind had been knocked out of me. I wondered how she was. "Ouch. Are, are you okay?" I asked as I coughed. When my vision became less dizzy I noticed that Lyra was peering down the hole in shock. At least she hadn't fallen too. Then we might've been in trouble. 

Edited by Koumori

Shirosu became more nevious the further they want without attack, her movements slowly starting to pick up speed, if their were bandits waiting for an ambush why hadn't they attacked yet? it was all much to suspicious for her and was starting to fry her brain. She was right next to Koumori when it happened, the ground disappeared right out from under her,"Huh" was all she could say before she was falling into a deep, dark, pit. A scream escaped her lips before her mind even realized what was happening, out of nowhere Koumori grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug, she really wasnt in the state of mind to think any of it other than being grateful he had done so. She felt the Jarring impact and gasped at how hard they had hit, the moment he released her Shirosu rolled of him, not wanting to crush him any longer, coughing and trying to speak but having a hard time forming words. "i'm *cough cough* I'm fine, thanks *cough* for back there, i was in no mind to speak"  The when she heard the yip Shirosu panicked and pulled Gin out of her hood,"Are you ok?" she asked her fox the turning and repeating the question to Koumori. Thankfully Shorosu saw the Lyra hadent fallen into the whole so there was a way for them to get out. 

Shirosu quickly rolled off of me and onto the ground besides me. We layed their panting and coughing. When she finally caught her breath she thanked me and asked if I was okay. "Cough Good. That's the best I could do, everything was too fast. I'm fine too, but I still need to catch my breath." I slowly raised myself up to my elbows and looked around. We were deep. Probably more than 30 or 40 feet. How did someone even dog this hole? The unlikely hood suspended all belief for me. I looked back up the hole again and saw Lyra still peering down, she hadn't said anything yet. I doubted Shirosu and I had anything in our inventory that would help so Lyra would be our only hope. But what could she do? She didn't have any rope with her so what could she use to help us to get out? Then it dawned on me. We were in q jungle, there had to be some trees that had vines long enough for her to pluck and tie into a rope. That was the only way, I hoped she'd be able to find some. I cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled up to her. "We're fine. Go grab some vines and tie them together to make a rope for us. And hurry" I got up to me feet and cracked my back before offering my hand to help Shirosu up. "I hope she can find them, otherwise we might be here for awhile haha" I said with a laugh. The light in the cave was pretty dim. It must've been getting dark. 

Taking his offered hand Shirosu stood up, brushed herself off, and did a couple of jumping jacks hoping to return feeling to the end of her appendages. ," Yes that would suck," she sighed thinking about having to PM a guild member because she was stuck in a hole, and she could never message Mack about it seeing as she was with Koumori and he would probably kick her out of the guild is such a thing happened, if she had to resort to it she would message Opal, she thought, she was pretty sure she wouldn't tell unless she became extremely drunk. Sighing she grinned sarcastically and said," So ever fallen for a girl like that?" she asked hoping he would get the pun in her little statement, looking back up she could only hope the creators of this hole wouldn't show up

(Hahaha, nice one)

Shirosu took my hand and I lifted her up. She started doing jumping jacks when she was back on her feet, something I had to try not to chuckle at. After she settled down and started talking again, I could tell she was probably thinking the same thing I was: how embarrassing it would be if anyone we knew found out that we had walked right into a giant hole in the ground. It would definitely be best if no one found out about this so I decided I wouldn't be messaging anyone for help. I looked back to Shirosu and saw an unmistakably sly grin appear on her face. What was she thinking? After a second she asked me if I had ever fallen for a girl like that. I would've been embarrassed if I didn't immediatly get the joke. I liked the way she thought. I let a smile creep on my face too before I said anything back. "So you noticed, huh? The truth is, I've never been so head over heals for someone. Realizing that was...was like an impact after a fall....Shirosu" My statement was littered with puns and double meanings. Seeing as she started it, I had no doubt that she'd get the joke. Just to make it the more striking, I said it with my head to the ground and my foot tracing a circle in the dirt. The situation she created was priceless, the perfect way to remove the worry from our predicament. I was glad it was her I was with. She had a sense of humor that perfectly suited mine, and wasn't anywhere near as squirmish as Glory (not that that's a bad thing). Better than being stuck with a guy too. The banter wouldn't be as hilarious. I couldn't wait to see her response. Even though I knew it would be sarcastic, I bet it would be even more priceless than her first. Lyra still hadn't returned, she must not have found what she was looking for yet. I really hoped she would. 

Edited by Koumori

Shirosu couldn't help but laugh at how quickly he caught that and responded, most people she knew would have to think a few seconds before they caught it but Koumori had recognized it right off the hop. She pretended to fan herself with her hand at the statement before replying," Yikes, i hope you know CPR, cause you took my breath away with those words and catch of yours" she tried so long to keep a straight face but i didn't last, she was soon on the floor giggling like a five year old, she hadn't joked around this much in quite a long time and it was kind of reliving. After calming herself down Shirosu decided to sober up a little and prayed that Lyra would be here soon with vines, or help, either was fine. "Might as well sit down" she said leaning against the holes side," don't think we'll be out of here in a hurry yet. "

Edited by Shirosu

Her response didn't disappoint at all. She shyly fanned herself before she gave her even more sarcastic reply. I returned the chuckle she gave me earlier. She continued the trend and used an obvious pun that could be completely misunderstood in any other circumstance. She just upped the anti and I had to return the favor. When she ended up on the floor because of her laughter I knew exactly what to do. I kneeled down in front of her and took her hand in mine. I calmly and cooly spoke as I stared straight at her. "If you want to kiss me so badly, you should just brace yourself and say so." It was undeniably hilarious in my mind. Of course it did leave me worried as to how she would continue. No matter what I was, I was sure it would be great. "She might take awhile." I said in reference to Lyra, my position hadn't changed. Of course I was just messing with her. I'd piss off at least a few girls if I took this too far, but it was just too fun. This was the beginning of a glorious friendship. 

Shirous cheeks puffed up when Koumori grabbed her hand and deciding it was time to up her game she leaned in closer and said, a sly grin creeping onto her face, she was gonna use a modified quote from an old game called,"Honey if you love me would you please,please smile" in witch one person attempts to make the other laugh before the opposite party can reply,"Honey i love you, but i just can some" with a straight face. Getting her game face on Shirosu responded to the earlier jab "Oh Honey, I would love to, but you see" she winked," you gotta work for my kiss" with that she playfully pecked him on the cheek and sat back, her cocky grin getting wider by the second, really, really curious as to what his reply would be. It really was the beginning of an awesome friendship. Feeling like he had seen enough Gin the fox squeaked and plopped himself on Shirosu's lap and stared up at Koumori rather curiously, almost as if he was considering making him part of his "acceptable" group, just so he could sit on the guy. 

OOC: oh my goodness these two are cracking me up XD the constant jibes are hilarious

Edited by Shirosu

Shirosu's evil smile returned with a vengeance. She leaned in closer and told me if I wanted a kiss I'd have to work for it, then she kissed me on the cheek. She then leaned back and confidently waited for me to make my move. I knew I'd have to tread carefully here. If I made the wrong choice and Glory found out about it I knew she wouldn't be able to take it well. I really didn't want to hurt her. But it's not like I felt about Shirosu in that way. I really did just see her as a friend. But not just any friend. Her perfect sense of humor and cool in tough situations matched mine almost exactly. If she was always like she was now, I couldn't imagine a single boring conversation between us. Heck, we could be a two man (well, one boy and one girl) show if we really wanted to. She just brought the fun, and that was great. So, I felt like it was my job to not let her down. She had crossed the line and stopped making "fall" jokes. Now we were just teasing each other. I had to quickly think of something in return. She had leaned back, so I once again closed the distance between us. As I got closer I reached out my hands to her shoulders and slowly lowered her until her back was laying on the ground. At this point I was practically on top of her, my face mere inches from hers. I brought my mouth to her ear and whispered a statement similar to hers. "But sweetie, if you don't do something soon I won't be able to keep my hands off of you" I brought my head back just enough so she could see my whole face, and the massive goofy smile. It wasn't a situation where I was holding back laughter, but it was that kind of smile nonetheless. Pretty much the only way to go from here was for her to do the exact same thing to me or we'd both burst out in laughter and call it quits. Either way I would be pretty satisfied. After all, we couldn't use all of our material now. On second thought though, I didn't think this girl and I would ever run out of material. 

(Oh my god this is too hilarious. Shirosu is definitely the best humorous parter for Koumori by far! I can tell we're gonna have  great future threads)

Edited by Koumori

Her hand creeping up to her mouth Shirosu was giving her best effort not to to laugh because she knew if she did that would be the end for her because she wouldn't stop. Koumori just kept cranking out humorous material after humorous material, and when he was pretty much on top of her that was the last straw, a small giggle escaped her lips and knowing she was done she stuck her tongue out at him then  fell all the way backwards and gently pushing him off her Shirosu cracked. it started slow then build up to a full bellied laugh and she rolled on the ground her eyes streaming, she hadn't had such a laugh since landing in SAO or possibly ever, she had finally met her match in humour. "Oh....My...God" she gasped out between laughs, her sides beginning to ache. "I...I don't think iv had that long of a banter conversation with anyone in a long, long time." Pipping Gin ran over with a decided liking for Koumori and leaping up on his shoulders gave him the living scarf treatment. "Oh hey!" she said kinda surprised,"That's the first time hes done it to anyone but me"

(Hand five for new best buds huh!?!? they will be the comedic pair of friends SAO XD this will be fun)

Edited by Shirosu

Instead of slapping me in the face like literally any other girl would do, Shirosu stuck out her tongue and began laughing like a maniac. When she shoved me off of her I rolled to her side and we both laid there for at least a minute laughing our heads off. That was the funniest thing I had ever experienced since entering SAO. That girl knew exactly what to do for the sake of the joke and never backed down. She was simply hilarious. I can't believe my first impression of her could've been so wrong. This girl was fantastic. I didn't think I'd ever find another girl, in SAO or back home, that I could act this way with. I so looked forward to the jokes and jests and situations she'd come up with in the future. We both slowly calmed our selves down and sat back up. She talked first. "I-I don't think I've ever had that long a banter with anyone. That was amazing." I paused to compose myself a little more. "Shirosu, I think this is the birth of a beautiful friendship" I said with a huge smile. But before she could answer her fox jumped from her lap and walked over to me. He crawled up my arm without hesitation and made his way up to my neck, wrapping himself around it. Shirosu watched in surprise as she told me he had never done that to anyone before. "Really? He must really like me then. I wonder what I did?...but more importantly, how do I look?" I struck a little pose for her. I looked like one of those rich women when she's showing off to her friends. 

(High five! They've definitely gotta be best buds! We'll create a storm of laughter throughout SAO XD. Oh and sorry for the wait, I fell asleep haha)

Wiping the tears from the corners of her eyes Shirosu gave one more hiccuping laugh before completely calming down , though a most childish grin was still stretched from ear to ear on her face. "Yeah" she said in Koumori's direction,her chest still heaving " We've created a pair of monsters, what have we released upon the poor players of SAO?" When he got up and stuck a pose with Gin wrapped around his neck she responded in her best flat voice "Like a posh old lady strutting collection of 20 year old fox furs just because she can" hearing the comment Gin let out an angry chattering noise and she laughed and reassured the little fox "No you look much better than any fox fur ever Gin, no need to worry" that seemed to pacify the little one and he hummed contently remaining on his new perch. Yelling up to the top of the hole she called,"Lyra? You still there, i hope your ok"  and Shirosu did, because she didn't want to message Opal. then muttering," I hope she doesn't run into who ever created this hole"

OOC: most definitely! they will be the pair of jokers in this giant deck of cards, and why, just why, do i imagine hikaru and kaoru when i think of these two XD

Edited by Shirosu

She seemed to be on the same page as me, great. "Not something that they wanted, or something that they deserved, but something that they needed. You and I will take this place like a storm." I said with a wink. When I got up to model my new fox scarf she answered with flat disinterest. Of course it was sarcastic. I couldn't hold it anymore and started chuckling as she consoled Gin, who's feelings she apparently hurt. Then she yelled up to the hole to see if Lyra was okay. Lyra! In all the fun I totally forgot about her. It was getting much darker now and we hadn't heard from her in awhile. I was about to call for her too before I saw her head pop over the side again. Whew, it looked like she was back. She called down to us, "I, I'm almost done!" It sounded like she had found the vines and was now tying them together. I looked over to Shirosu who was still looking up at her. "Guess our salvation has arrived" As I said that I saw the vines dance into the air as the fell down the hole towards us. They stopped and reached almost completely to the ground, the perfect length. I yelled back up to Lyra, "It's great! Make sure you anchor it to something sturdy" She answered back immediately "It's good!" Alright it looked like it was time to go. "Age before beauty" I said towards Shirosu. When I said it I wasn't really thinking about it, but she definitely was older than me. But again, any other girl would scoff at that remark, she would just return a better one. In any case, we had a lot to climb. 

(Yay! Haha I don't know who they are so I can't tell ya)

"Awesome" she yelled, excited to get out of this hole, though, she had made a good friend in this dark, dank place. Taking Gin back Koumori, Shirosu stuffed the little fox down her shirt for safe keeping. When Koumori said age before beauty Shirosu grinned and said,"Then this old lady gets to go first, pretty boy"  grabbing a hold of the vine shirosu firmly planted her legs on the wall and began the long trek up the side of the pit, as she had come to think of it. She could see Lyra watching from above worriedly. about half way up her back began to ache, and three quarters of the way up her feet did. She constantly looked down to see how Koumori was doing, as well as see how high up they actually were, and it was kinda dizzying. when her hand touched the top Lyra bent down and lifted Shirosu out of the pit like she was a rag doll before gently setting her down a safe distance from the hole, and she returned to probably do the same thing with Koumori. Panting Shirosu went on the high alert, because it was darkening out multiple things happen, nocturnal monsters become active, as well as bandits, and she really hoped they would stay away tonight. 

Shirosu was excited when the makeshift rope arrived. She was undoubtedly happy to escape the pit. When I made my comment she flashed her familiar grin and gave me her rebuttal. "Alright but try not to hurt yourself." Hey she's the one that said old lady. Shirosu got on to the rope and began climbing. When she was a little bit above me I started my ascent as well. As I was climbing I made it a point to not look up for any reason. Despite her personality she was still a girl and would be unhappy if I took advantage of the "view" above me. As such, I kept my eyes plastered to the wall. I began to feel fatigued just before we reached the top. I saw a shadow dissapear above me, which must've meant Shirosu was out, so I looked up. Lyra was leaning over the edge waiting to help me out. When I reached her she grabbed me and basically lifted me out. She was even stronger than I thought. She placed me next to Shirosu, who was still trying to catch her breath. "Alright, we better find shelter." Shirosu never got the chance to answer before we were interrupted. Lyra ran over to us in a panic, she even had tears in her eyes. She looked at us and screamed, "Nii-chan, nee-chan I was so worried!!" First she came over to me and scooped me up in a huge hug. All that strength I noticed earlier was being focused on me. If she squeezed any harder I thought my back would break. After a few seconds she let me go and did the same thing to Shirosu. Finally, she dropped onto her knees and tears began to form in her eyes "...I was so worried" I couldn't believe what had just happened. The strong and pushy girl just broke out into tears because we were in danger. And what was that she called us? Why would Amazon be using Japanese words like that. Maybe it was just to cater to the main player base? That aside, her behavior was just too weird. But it didn't seem like an act. Lyra was genuine. In fact, this made her previous actions seem like the act. Was she acting tough to impress us? I turned to Shirosu before I said anything, a stumped look on my face. 

Shirosu was surprised the the tall amazonian lady began to break down into tears and used japanese words, she also almost broke Shirou's back but she quickly forgave that for the pathetic sight before her. Getting a weird almost motherly feeling she scooched forward and returned the hug, pet Lyra's head a few times and said quietly, "We're fine, we're fine," she soothed ,"Just a little bumped and bruised, nothing major," She returned Koumori's look of confusion, wondering why she had been acting so tough earlier but was now like a little girl in her arms, Shrugging Shirosu pulled Lyra to her feet and said soothingly, "let's get to the other side of the forest before its completely dark ok?" she pulled the amazonian lady to her feet and guiding her to be in front Shirosu nodded to Koumori and lipid, we can figure her out later ok? hoping he understood she gave Lyra a small push to get her going, not as fast as before, more cautious, but still with haste. 

Shirosu surprised me too. After I gave her my look she went up to Lyra and hugged her. As she started patting the girls head she promised that we were okay. Lyra sniffed and thanked her with a slight nod. Shirosu pulled Lyra up to her feet, a task that couldn't have been easy, and told her we should keep moving. Then she turned around and mouthed to me that we could deal with our new little sister later. I walked up to the two girls, who had already started moving, a gave my opinion. "Well I thought that maybe we should take shelter, but then again we don't know what's out here. Maybe it is better to keep moving" I looked around some more at the dark forest. Something wasn't right. "I'm worried, whoever set up that trap hasn't shown up yet. We could be in for some trouble." At the mention of our would be attackers Lyra cowered and gripped Shirosu's arm tightly. "No...don't say that, nii-chan" So she was really going to stick to that. I didn't know if I was more mad at Kayaba for trapping us in there or for making NPCs like here anymore. We continued to walk in the darkness, our destination still a ways off. I had my eyes peeled waiting for something to happen, for some shadow to move. In order to break the silence I decided to talk to Shirosu. Lyra was in no state to be questioned about her personality change, so I wouldn't bring that up yet. "When I pictured a long walk in the woods this is definitely not what I had in mind"

OOC; Whoops i didn't read that properly OTL

Lyra gripping her arm was odd, but she let it fly, the woods looked more menacing by the moment, she was very alert, her head swiveling like a security camera trying to find any possibility of movement other than theirs. "Yeah most definitely not what was in mind eh?" she said looking at the dark canopy,"I was expecting some more, picturesque, not me being covered in dirt grime and bruises"  she felt like they were being watched, but she dismissed it has her nerves acting up, Gin had finally crawled out of her shirt and was on her shoulders puffed into a little ball of growling fur, he was obviously picking up on her discomfort.