[PP-F1] Goodbye Opal! [Complete]

Mack arched an eyebrow at Hirru given the tone of voice that the other warrior was using. Such an attitude was strangely out of place coming from the usually quiet and reserved Hirru. What the shorter man had said didn’t sound like any kind of alcoholic beverage in the world of Sword Art Online that Mack was familiar with. Once they were close enough to converse quietly, Hirru explained things in a very quiet tone. On being instructed to include the Velvet Room in the coming meeting between the Blades and Hirru, Mack nodded his head once to show he understood.

“That is a fine looking bottle of hooch,” he said, scooting back a half step from Hirru on the pretext of having seen an alcoholic beverage of some sort. “You’ll have bring that by the forge some time for me to sample. I’ll make it worth your while,” the ginger man said in a loud tone, clapping Hirru on the shoulder in a comradely manner before moving off through the crowd in the direction of Jomei.

“Jomei! How fare things with you and the Velvet Room,” Mack asked, thumping the man rather harder on the back than was necessary, but then again he did want to put on a convincing performance in the wake of what Hirru had said. “I heard the most amusing joke the other day, but it’s not repeatable in such lovely company,” the massive man continued with a pointed look at Opal before leaning in to speak directly in Jomei’s ear.

“Hirru has a lead on those responsible for killing Lindow. He’s requested a meeting with the Blades and with Velvet Room. Please pass the message to Lowenthal and we will let you know a time and date for the meeting,” the red-headed man hissed in Jomei’s ear, thumping him hard on the back a second time. “I’ve just told you a funny joke, now is the time to laugh,” Mack continued and, suiting words to action the Grandmaster took a step back from Jomei and unleashed a booming laugh.

"Thank you Beoreson, I will honor the gift." She leaned up and gave him a harmless hug. She had walked to Lawfer for his parting words to her, reminding her of the recording crystal he had given to her in the desert. She smiled and gave him another hug, "I don't know how long I will be away for, but I will do all I can to come back in one piece. Thank you, Law. You've have always been a great...friend." she laughed a little, kissing the side of his face and stepping back away from the hug. 

Her attention was brought to Hirru next who was...well, she didn't know him that well. She saw him a few times in Starting City, but never went out of her way to go and converse with him. They had a mutual friend in Lindow that seemed that his spirit was evermore surrounding them and their daily lives. She caught a few choice words, but she acted naive and just smiled from the low conversation between Mack and himself. As they were chatting behind her back, Opal looked up to Calrex and gave him a friendly smile and a wave of her hand, "Be well! Calrex! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as much as Lindow would have when you face off against the Floor Boss!" she waved once more to him before he was out of sight, but the curious name popped out of Mack's rumbling tone; Jomei.

She didn't even realize he had arrived, where was he? She looked around and followed the behemoth to a corner shop where he was hooded in his green attire. Opal moved to the left side of Mack as his overly large body engulfed the man's shadow. Pinching her brows, she moved in between the two of them as they were huddled and talking, "YEAH! I'm still here ya know? Let me say good-bye to my friend, alright?" she said placing her hands on Mack's massive frame and pushing him back a little so she could talked to the ginger haired warrior. 

"Hey~ I didn't think you'd come by. Or maybe it was just an off chance of you being here with everyone else. I'm happy to see you one final time before I left. Everyone has been so supportive, it's really making it difficult to leave everyone. But thanks for showing up none the less, even if you are here by coincidence alone." 

She leaned up and kissed the side of his cheek, snugging her arms around the man briefly and then moved back down to her own level. She took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "So...any last words to me before I hightail it out of here? Seems like Mack needs to talk to you about something serious...and I don't need to be in the way of that."

A silent breath released from Jomei's lips as the group continued to talk. He wanted to approach them and say his goodbyes, he really did. Just ..something was keeping him from doing so. He decided at least getting to see Opal in person one more time before heading to Floor Seven was enough for him. He shifted his weight so he no longer stood leaning against the wall, when he noticed the the green haired player whispering something. He could not make it out or even see his lips.. but there was a sudden silence among the group. Not even a moment later, Mack turned around to get a good look at the hooded man, calling his name. Jomei's head slightly nodded as he scoffed, there went his cover. Mack was the first to approach the man, greeting him and asking how things were with the guild. "Hey Mack, things are fine.. just gearing up for the boss battle and all." He felt his whole body shift forward when the hulk of a man smacked him on the back. It definitely brought a little bit more life into Jomei, that was for sure. "Hm?" Jomei questioned Mack about his hearing of a joke.. was this truly the time? Nonetheless, he was a man of humor.. and maybe it was just what he needed to pick his spirits up. However, the words Mack spoke to Jomei were not in the humorous kind at all, much more serious. He claimed that Hirru had found clues leading to the man that killed Lindow, the man Opal was once close with. He nodded his head as Mack told him the details, giving one last sharp nod to agree to pass on the message to Lowenthal. To seal the deal, Jomei needed to fake a laugh to complete the act. The man placed his hand over his stomach and mustered up the best laugh he could under the circumstances. It was good he was a performer and could fake such a thing. But if Mack's words were true, the one responsible to Lindow's death was close to being found. Jomei may not have known the man, or even heard of him until meeting Opal, but his death affected Opal in such a way.. he wanted part in this. 

It was after that that Opal gently pushed past Mack to meet Jomei. "Well.. I honestly did not know you were leaving today.. or.. I would have been certain to be here earlier.. So this was actually by chance." he rubbed the back of his hooded neck with a half smile on his lips. "But.. I really did want to see you one last time before you left.. Its.. going to tough without you around." one of his green eyes shone over at Opal from under his hood. They were soft and happy to see her, but also very much pained. Her soft lips then gently pressed against Jomei's cheek, just like the other night after their night together. As she wrapped his arms around him, the blushing ginger gently lifted his arms and did the same, pulling Opal in close for a hug. As she released the tension, he did the same, hesitantly. Why all of a sudden was he feeling this way towards her? She then asked if he had any last words for her, which he had to remind himself it was only temporary. "J-Just.. Take care of yourself.. Okay?" he gave her a smile, but it almost looked forced. "And..stay in touch.. if you can." He looked past Opal to see what the others were doing, if their eyes were on the two saying their goodbyes. Gently biting his lip thinking about it, he brought his hand up, placing it on Opal's shoulder. He then leaned his body forward and gently kissed the girl on her forehead. He stepped back, giving her yet another pained smile. 

As she stared into his eyes, Opal's expressive orbs widened by the touch of her shoulders of his caring hands. She had seemingly met in place as he leaned over and placed the softest of kisses on her forehead. Her face burned from the action and she smiled, only thing she could do at that point and his kind words of telling her to take care of herself, "Thank you, Jomei..." she said quietly to him enough for only the two of them to be able to hear. She shook the raven locks of hair from her head and took noticed of everyone else. They were each talking about something or another and Opal found it best to just finish up and say her goodbyes. She ran towards the teleporter once more and gave everyone  a good look, she beamed a smile and stood in front and center of everyone. 

"Alright! I need to go before my womanly hormones causes me to break down! Thank you everyone who had come to see me off, it has meant a lot to me to know that I made somewhat of an impression on you all. Some more than others I believe, and I am eternally thankful to have met such wonderful people. Thank you and goodbye...!" the woman turned quickly spinning on the balls of her feet looking at the teleporter. A single tear had rolled down the side of her face before she quickly whipped it from her cheek. She turned back while biting her lips and announced something, "When I come back though...I'm gonna be able to kick all your asses!" She said with a confident smile before returning her gaze to the portal, "Nimbus!" 

She was then instantly devoured by the bright light, leaving no trace of her being except for the soft scent of lavender that seemed to flutter and mix in the air. 

OOC: Pulling Opal out, you guys may do what you need to do to finish up your mins. Just let me know when ya'll finish this and get this sucker locked. 

Thread Summary:

Opal: +1 SP + 66 Col
Jomie: +1 SP 
+ 66 Col
Mack: +1 SP + 66 Col
Hirri: +1 SP + 66 Col
Lawfer: +1 SP + 66 Col
Calrex: +1 SP + 66 Col
Beoreson: +1 SP + 66 Col

Edited by Opal