[PP-F1] Goodbye Opal! [Complete]

OOC: If you have met Opal at one time or another in a thread, you are welcome to post in this thread. This is her last free day to her long awaited training session in which she will be gone training in the mountains for...1.5-2 months time. ooc speaking, I'm taking some time for character development and personal plot and will be doing a long list of SPs. I will not be joining any other threads during that time to give the appeal she is 'gone.' There will be no posting order, feel free to get your minimum and gtfo if that's what you wanna do. :D Just be sure you say goodbye to her. 

Opal stood at the teleporter with her head hung low, her long raven hair gently blowing over to her right with a sudden gust of wind. She took a long sharp breath inwards and looked skyward, shielding her eyes from the large sun that seemed to cast it's warmth over Starting City. She wondered if anyone would show up on her last day before she had to leave for Master Myoga's. She was to train for the next few months, hoping that she would get stronger and hopefully discipline some bad behavioral issues. She paced to the left and to the right, feeling awkward in her own skin. She didn't think she would have been scouted by such a shinobi expert, but it was much more than that apparently. She knew she was a special woman, even stuck in this game. Everyone had a purpose or a role to fulfill. Lindow was the start of an amazing start to the game, meeting him, she felt like she could do and achieve anything. Despite not 'loving' her back like she did to him, she still felt it was necessary to take up his mantle and follow in his footsteps. 

She was then thrust into the bosom of the Crimson Blades where she made a home for herself. Unfortunately during that time, she had also been contemplating if it was the right move to make. Taking upon Lindow's Legacy as her own, she wanted to be able to wield The Ifrit with the greatest of ease, and yet she was heavily burdened day in and day out with each use and each swing of the sword. Eventually, she could no longer deal with that and she had to walk her own path. This training session would be her chosen path, she just hoped she could survive the rigors of training and not fail her new found Master. Opal took several puffs of the now visible cigarette in her hand, an alchemical calming stick that acted much like her nicotine addiction in the real world. She found herself relying on them almost daily as a means to get through the humdrum of the day. And she found smoking them now to help relax her mind and to throttle her anxiety. Expelling a dark plume of lilac into the air, she flicked the cig away from her before it exploded into tiny data particles. She smoothed out her raven hair and swam in the massive pools of her thoughts drifting endlessly into the amped mind that was her own.

Edited by Opal

Beoreson was the first to respond to the woman's message. He arrived in a silently manner and, just lurked in the shadows. He seemed to be doing that more and, more since he went AWOL not to long ago. The warrior stepped out of the shadows and, threw his hood down. Reveling his rugged face and, dark blue eyes. "You know if you really wanted training Mack and, I could set up some sort of training." says the warrior with his normal grin. Even if it was faked he didn't want anyone to know that he cared. He smiled his sarcastic grin and, hoped for the best.

Edited by Beoreson

Hirru heard that one of the members of the Crimson Blades was leaving to go train someplace.  It was a shame to hear, but he doubted that it would be one of the main group.  While venturing from the sixth floor, Hirru came to the main town that housed the warp platform.  He stepped in while reciting the name to which he wanted to warp to.

"Warp, Town of Beginnings"

The sensation of being lifted off the ground came over him as it has many times before.  Soon, his feet found ground again as the bustling streets of the Town of Beginnings came into view.  Too many memories in these streets, and many more to come.  Especially now, as Hirru noticed the two dark haired members of Crimson Blades.  Knowing that it wouldn't be the klutz blade, he assumed that this would be for the young woman, Opal.

Stepping down from the pedestal, Hirru joined the two.

"I see I'm early for once."

Edited by Hirru

Opal watched as somewhat menacing dark terror before her strolled up to her, the dark look in his eyes, yet soft at the same time as he spoke to her revealing to her that it was none other than Beoreson. She saw him the other day at the amphitheater watching Mack and Xion's duel, they even sat down together and had a...well a conversation between Opal and Beoreson. 

The woman smiled though, thankful he was here to see her off, "Yes, but neither you or Mack are me. This training excursion is not just to get more powerful, but to find out who I am. I just need to get away...Like you did, Beoreson." she smiled, and while he did not enjoy being touched as she remember, she did put a light hand on his arm for just a singular brief moment. 

"I don't think I'll be able to get a hug out of you, huh?" she asked teasingly, just as the footsteps of another had come. It was the green haired warrior from the Funeral. She smiled to him as well, she didn't think he'd show up but the two were fate crossed thanks to Lindow, "Hirru, was it? I hope I said your name right. Thank you for seeing me off as well. Yeah, it's only you two so far. Still very early, I wasn't expecting anyone for a while longer. Everyone is probably so very busy and I said my goodbyes to quite a few people already so its not a big deal if they don't see me off..." 

Opal scratched the side of her cheek with a slender finger, it was kinda awkward to be here with them when in a few hours she had to start for floor seven and start going up those mountain paths, "You guys need to promise me you'll still be alive when I get back. I know the raid is going to happen soon, just make sure you guys watch each other's backs!" she said in an almost demanding tone, but smiled warmly back to the two. 

Edited by Opal

Stepping down from the portal in the Portal Plaza on the first floor of Aincrad, Mack gritted his teeth and pulled the gold trimmed hood of his crimson cloak. He wasn't looking forward to the little display he was going to make. Even if it was true that Opal had grown on Mack a little bit in the past few weeks he still found the company and presence of Piera to be vastly preferable. Regardless of the fact that the bespectacled alchemist was currently with someone else. Mack also knew that his entire plan to curtail Opal's flirting and force the woman to grow up, the charade involving the Hoya of Minos, he had to show up and make at least a minor scene at Opal's leaving. After all, it would be extremely out of place for the entire charade if he didn't.

Coming within sight of where those seeing Opal off were gathered, Mack gritted his jaw and set himself for the show he was about to put on. Moving to where Opal was holding court, parting the crowds as he moved, Mack came to a stop before Opal and drew back the hood of his cloak revealing his new appearance with flaming red hair and a beard to match. Most people had yet to see the changes that he had made to his appearance, so if there were shocked looks it wouldn't exactly be news.

"Opal," Mack began dropping to a knee before the woman and taking one of her hands in each of his. If there was any doubt as to the identity of the speaker, it was quickly dispelled by the sound of the man's familiar voice. "You know that there is no need to do this. If you truly wish to become powerful in all of Aincrad, I will see to your training personally," the blonde man continued, raising Opal's hand to his lips and brushing the back of it lightly before releasing the limb and rising to his feet and crossing his arms over his chest.

Edited by Mack

The rough looking man's face flushed at the question of a hug. He goes ahead and, answers the woman's questions with one answer. "Sure." Beoreson grunts at the red haired man before him. "It was worth a shot but, she already shot me down on the offer." Beoreson scratches the stubble that had grown as he was out in the woods. "Mack, you are outside of regulations.. Does it make you feel uncomfortable?" asks the man the last part with his best creepy face. It seems that the man had matured quite a bit since Mack had seen him last. He was also not in trouble yet for going AWOL.

Panic, and her heart racing as Mack, indeed it was Mack, the fiery Crimson Blades GrandMaster who had changed appearance, had knelt down and kissed? KISSED her hand! She felt flustered and overwhelmed at the same time. This wasn't the same Mack, maybe he was trying some new approach or something. In any case, it was definitely 'new.' As he let her arm fall back down to her side, she looked at him and stared straight up at his face. 

"Yeah...as I told Beoreson here. This training is very specific from Master Myoga, it not just about gaining power. It's about self discovery more than anything else." her neck strained as she looked up, she took several steps back and looked at the men before her. She nodded and smiled, "Each of you have helped form me into something I can't quite explain. It is now time for me to take that and finish the puzzle alone. I thank you all very much for coming to see me off. But I was happy to be part of the Blades for as long as I have been with you. But this is Lindow's Guild, the guild he was part of. I was a fool to think I could follow in his footsteps, the ones he made were far too large for a little girl like me to follow into." The woman placed her hand down on her menu as it materialized before her, she flicked through the menu and came towards the guild master and revealed the monstrosity of The Ifrit, the two handed sword that would have been Lindow's had he still been alive. 

"The Ifrit is no longer a burden for me to carry. I have realized, while it did take some time, that I just can't be him. Nor can I follow his ideals. Lindow was a great man, I am not a great woman. I know my vices better than anyone here." She gave the blade to the Guild Master and smiled. 

"Heh, so soon a greeting, followed by so soon a parting huh?"

Calrex appeared in the Starting City, clad in his casual combat gear, which was protected by the Grand Dragoon. Since he was within the safe zone's walls, there was no need to don the Grand Chariot. In fact, going by the way the game was progressing, there were times he felt the notable full-body armor that characterized him would soon need to be upgraded or retired.

"In any case, Opal is supposed to be around here?"

Using his <<Reveal>> skill, he was quickly able to discern the location of the player as he made his way over, looking down to see both old and unfamiliar faces. Mack and Hirru were there, both of whom he got acquainted with during past encounters, with another person that bore the same guild symbol as the Crimson Blades, Mack's guild. Walking down he gave a friendly wave as he got over, speaking in a joking and lighthearted tone, "Hey, is this thing for guildies only or something? Heh."

"Looks like she's handing over something to Mack. That blade...looks a lot like the design that Lindow seemed to affectionate for, a two-handed sword which had no tip for stabbing."

Looking over at Opal he gave a smile and a nod, "So this is the day you leave for your retreat huh? Best of luck on that. I'm sure this Master Myoga will train you right."

"I only met Opal at the lake that one time, but from what she said it seems like in a way she inherited Lindow's legacy in this game. I guess that makes me partially responsible."

He gave a calming breath before speaking, "I'm sure this is pretty common sense, but stay vigilant out there. Don't go sticking your neck out too far or pushing yourself to an unreasonable limit. Should things get too close, be sure to have a teleport crystal on you to escape..."

Letting out a small exhale before giving another smile, "...Other than that, from what I've heard you should do just fine."

Hirru watched the events to come as a total bystander to everything that happened throughout the history of the Blades.  It seemed that after he left, the Blades became quite a big family.  He had already met a couple of the new recruits, and would teach them a bit about the hunt.  Other than that, he hasn't seen all of the family since the funeral, and apparently that wasn't even all of them.  Everything about them would make the days quite different...

..if he had joined them..

..Now he carried something that could turn everything against that.  He was withholding something important.  Something that would have to wait.  Until the time is right.

Approaching the group, he would try to calm down the situation, until Calrex came to the scene.  Hirru would sigh as this was not the place for any kind of dramatic performance, especially for someone so monotone as he was.  He decided to let the events play out.  

Opening his interface, Lawfer looked at the time. It was already a few minutes past the starting time of Opal's going away meeting. Unbeknownst to anyone else, the two had already shared the night together and said their own private goodbyes, but he still was compelled to give her a more formal farewell with the rest of their comrades. "Looks like I better get a move on.." He commented to himself as he closed his interface and jumped out the cot that had occupied a small portion of his studio. Landing on his feet, he stood tall. He wasn't the most punctual man, but you he knew that he should never keep a woman waiting even if she would have her hands full with just about everyone she has met before. Walking out of his studio, he locked up behind him. It was a cold day in Snowfrost, probably one of the colder days he had experienced since taking up residency on the 4th floor.

As he made his way to the center of town, he positioned himself in front of the teleport gate. "Floor 1, Starter City." He said plainly as he was engulfed in light that lifted him off of his feet. As his feet touched down, he was in the massive starting city of Aincrad. Pulling up his interface, he checked his personal messages for the location of the going away meeting. As he looked over, he noticed that the group was actually already in front of him. “Well that was easy.” He said with a laugh as he once more closed his interface and walked over the growing group of people. ‘She is quite the popular one.’ He noted to himself as he looked at the group. Both Mack and Beoreson were there, along with two others he had never met before.

Mack had gone through a bit of a cosmetic change since the last time he saw his guild master. “Is that you… boss man?” He asked as he reached up and touched the massive hulks shoulder from behind. His intention was to say goodbye to Opal quickly, but with the group of men that surrounded her, it left little room to interject. He didn’t want to be rude, after all. Lawfer would take his time, this was somewhat of a formality after all. Raising his hand he politely waved at the black haired vixen, while mouthing ‘Hey there Beautiful’ followed by his customary wink. 

Beoreson watches in shock as the woman just passes the blade to Mack. He bites his tongue and avoids saying anything rude. "I'll carry the blade of you do not mind. It will need a place of honor, other then the guild chest." Says the warrior in a even tone. He looks to the guild leader with a slightly definite look. He had poured everything into the blade and, wanted to make sure it would have a worthy welder. Beoreson didn't even see himself as someone worry of the blade.

“There is no rule in the Blades that prevents or disallows fraternization,” Mack said, answering Beoreson in a low-rumbling tone as he got properly back to his feet. “Therefore, there’s no reason to feel uncomfortable,” he continued, gazing down with his slate grey eyes at Opal as she looked around at the assembled group of people. When she made her small speech about leaving the Guild, Mack nodded his head and accepted the Ifrit back from the dark-haired alchemist, adding the sword back to his inventory to place into Guild Storage at his next opportunity. “I understand, you know you’re welcome among the Blades any time though,” he concluded as Calrex walked up to join the gathering.

Shortly thereafter, they were joined by Lawfer who was equally perplexed by the new appearance. Unlike Opal and Shirosu, most of the Blades were seeing the new ginger haired and bearded Mack for the first time. The Grandmaster turned to face Lawfer. “Yes, Lawfer, what can I do for you,” Mack asked in a low tone, trying to hold a private conversation with one of the junior members of the Blades so as not to get in the way of Opal’s going away party. Before Lawfer could respond though, Beoreson caught Mack’s attention and asked for the Ifrit.

“Of course,” the Guildmaster said, pulling up his inventory and passing the two-handed blade off to the other Council Member. As the magnificent tow-handed blade materialized in his hands, Mack passed it over to its maker, hilt first.

She wasn't expecting so many to show up, but she was happy none the less that they did. It meant a lot to her that they showed up, even if she knew some of them very little or just from word of mouth. To Calrex, she stood and tilted her head at him with a smile, "I shall do my best not to be slain. Master Myoga won't allow his prized successor to be killed so easily. And I am an alchemist now, so I'll be sure to stock up on plenty of items in the meantime so things won't get out of hand. Thank you for the consideration, Calrex, " She leaned upwards and placed both her arms over his shoulders and gave him a hug. She didn't know him that well, but he was an inspiration to Lindow and that inspiration carried off to others from those who he have met. 

She moved to Hirru and smiled at him as well, he didn't say anything and was more off to the side then anything else to just not get in the way. She moved towards him and leaned in to his ear, "I wanna help you search for that Orange Guild one day, Lindow deserves that much from us. Unfortunately I can't help with that right now, but perhaps when we get back. I'll keep my ears and eyes peeled for any odd activity in the meantime. Stay strong, Hunter. Lindow's looking over all of us." She moved to him and gave him a small hug in turn as well. She placed one hands on his shoulder and then moved on to her next guest. 

Lawfer, there was a man she wasn't expecting to see. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him quickly and just fell into the moment basking in his presence for a little while as she nuzzled into the crook of his neck, "I wasn't expecting you to be here...I was hoping you weren't as it would have made things a bit more easier...But I am still glad you did. Make sure you stay alive until I get back, I won't be happy if I hear of news of your death. Don't do anything stupid, I want more nights like the one we shared." she said whispering close to his ear. She leaned back slightly and kissed his cheek. Doing anything more might cause the goodbye sequence to become too unbearable. 

Finally back to Mack and Beoreson, she looked to the two of them as they exchanged words and The Ifrit was carried back to its creator, "You two be safe as well. Mack, you have to make a promise to me that you will live. You've done great things for all these people here and you are a great leader. Just don't turn Power Hungry and stuff. I'll have to come from the Heaven and strike you down. Oh! And this is for you as well. <<Vanilla Based Tobacco>>." A trade sequence was initiated as Opal managed her inventory, "Its the best I can come up with my rank. I'll have something stronger and more superior once I rank up a bit in alchemy. But there is a light vanilla taste, but this should be close to being authentic in taste." 

That was about it for the woman, she took a few steps back towards the teleporter and swung her body around, "Any last words before I punch out?"  

"I've got another thing to add." states the raven haired man, as he accepts the two hander from the guild leader with a nod. "If you ever get into a jam or need a eastern style blade do not hesitate to message me. Also, I'm going to do stupid stuff, so If I do die. I'll make sure to send an apology letter." sates the warrior in his normal calm voice. "Not sure what weapon you where going for but, here. You may need it to fight off some monsters along the way." Beoreson offers up a  basic ninjato from his inventory.

Lawfer was taken aback by his guild masters new look. It worked for him, but it would take some getting used to. Going from bleach blonde to crimson red was a leap in itself, something that Lawfer wasn't even brave enough to do. "Not at all boss man. Just wanted to make sure it was you. You look like you could conquer half the known world now." He commented with a laugh, he meant it. The look was very commanding.

Turning his attention back to the group, the beautiful woman was beginning to make her final good byes. As the golden haired man stood there, he could only smile as the woman embraced him. He could only fold his arms around her and enjoy the moment. As he listened to the woman whispering he replied, "Well I couldn't just let you leave without saying good bye again. What can I say I'm being selfish, I wanted to see you one more time... I'll be safe... Dont worry... just look forward to seeing the cottage again. I'll actually make that fort and not be distracted next time.... If you get lonely, listen to that recording crystal I gave you in the desert, it should cheer you up." He concluded as she stepped back to address everyone. He could still feel the lingering warmth of the kiss she left on his cheek. 

Lawfer had tried to think of all the famous quotes that he had read in his youth, but none of them really felt appropriate at the time. He had wanted to use his own words. "Opal just remember you have all of us to come back to, so don't stay away too long." It was neither poetic or poignant but then again it could have been a lot worse.

Hirru was quite surprised to hear from Opal personally.  Her words seemed to seep into him, as she talked about his mission to find the orange guild, and give Lindow some peace.  Well, that was the intention, but lately something else has been triggered.  He saw it during the funeral of their fallen brother.  It was there when he faced the leader of Velvet Room.  It's even here, right now.  That feeling has been here for a while, but it wasn't until that point that he could truly feel it.

As Opal began the last words before she left, Hirru stepped up.  He had to make the knowledge he knew known.

"Whatever you do..."

He began, but the last part felt harder to push out.  His face became serious after this.  They needed to know.

"...beware the Forbidden Blood!"

He didn't say anything else, and went back to his own.

Edited by Hirru

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he returned the hug that Opal gave him, giving a nod, "Sounds like you've got all the things you need then."

He took a step back as the others that had gathered gave their final words before she was ready to set out, putting his hands in his jacket pockets. Most of the words were the usual sentiment, with one of Opal's fellow guild members giving a ninja-styled sword to her. The only one that seemed to be different from the others came from Hirru, who mentioned something about "Forbidden Blood."

"Hm...I'll need to look into that. It's certainly a term I have not heard before. Is it a monster, or possibly a PKer. In any case, it looks like things are winding down, so I'd best get moving."

Looking over at the group he gave a friendly wave before turning around, "Best of luck Opal. I'll be catching you guys around, hopefully on the twelfth floor!"

With that he headed back towards the teleportation plaza, "With the raid coming up, I'd best get to training..."

"Thanks for the tobacco, and I'll be just fine. You're the one that could be wiped out by base level mobs," the Grandmaster said with a chuckle, noting how close Lawfer and Opal were standing to one another and making a note to speak to the blonde man so that there wouldn't be any misunderstanding between the two of them regarding the actions of the massive red-headed man towards Opal. After all, Mack's grand plan involved a different woman and his actions towards Opal had been more designed to cause problems for her and slow down her flirting than they were due to any actual legitimate interest on his part. Especially given that he'd already beheld the orbs of destiny. Before he could say anything else though, his attention was drawn by Hirru comment about the Forbidden Blood.

"What's this about forbidden blood," Mack asked sharply, crossing through the small knot of people to stand next to Hirru where they could speak a bit more privately. "Does this have something to do with the former Grand Secretary of the Crimson Blades," he asked in a low tone, trying to keep Opal from overhearing the reference to Lindow since he imagined the wound was still raw for her. "What have you found," the massive man hissed. "Is it time to march?"

"Town of Beginnings" Jomei spoke in a low tone while standing in front of the teleporter, his arms crossed. His voice was not its usual self.. In fact, Jomei did not feel his usual self in the slightest lately. The man disappeared in a flash of white light from where he stood on Floor Eleven, and soon found himself in a similar position on Floor One. He stepped off to the platform housing the blue ring, shoving his hands into his pockets. 

The first floor of Aincrad was where Jomei did much of his thinking, especially at the usually secluded lake out in the fields. He grabbed at the back of his cloak, drawinf up a hood that he had never used before. With the mood he was in, he would have preferred no one recognize him from afar. Not even Adere, his owl familiar, rested on his shoulder as usual. 

With a slow pace, the irishman made his way towards the outer gates, when he noticed a small gathering of mostly familiar players. He recognized Mack, the hulking giant of a man who was leader of the Blades, as well as a couple other members of the guild like Hirru and Beoreson, there was also a blonde man whom Jomei did not recognize. Along with them was Calrex. They all seemed to be talking and hugging one person in particular, and that was Opal. A couple of days earlier, Jomei and Opal had gone out on a .. Date of sorts. At first, he was not sure what to think of the woman, but as the night went on, she revealed a softer side that really attached to Jomei.. Possibly even enough to catch himself thinking of her from time to time. Was she possibly about to leave for her training? Seemed most likely.. But he could not get himself to walk up to the group. He merely found himself leaning against the wall of the closest shop to him, watching the group from a diatance, his arms crossed and his hood covering his head.

As Mack approached him, Hirru let a little more boisterous voice come from his monotone self.

"It's just a very strong drink that I found in the mountains area.  Don't want her to get drunk during training, now do we?"

Of course that was a farce, but only if you ever knew Hirru personally, like Mack and Beoreson.  He was never boisterous, but always kind.  It wasn't until Mack finally reached him and started talking about certain events that Hirru would look back to him.  In a more quiet tone,

"There's nothing definite.  I'll brief the council later."

He would say as he smiled back to Opal and waved her goodbye.  This was not something you talk about in the open.  Especially when other people were near by.  [Trait: Good Listener+Skill: Search & Detect]  Hirru would look back to see another individual whom would keep himself away from the group.  However, certain skills would be able to detect imagery from farther off.  A very familiar guild symbol would show up.  Turning back to the group, Hirru would say in a whisper while pointing a thumb over his shoulder.

"Invite the Velvet Room as well."

Edited by Hirru