[PP-F4] Snowy encounter<<Avalanche>> (Takao)

Zandra was visiting floor four to look for a good place to have her shop because she plan to get a shop, instead of her current cart. That would give her much more space and she would get rid off all those anoying noice she had to live with due to beeing right in the corner of a marketplace. She saw a small two floor building. About twentyfive square meters with a small balcony on the top floor.''This seems good.''and now what? She didnt wanted to move just yet. Is it any chanse there is any quests on this floor. She opened the guide-book and looked thru the quest section. There was one she found, the Avalanche was its name. She had to find and kill an icemonster. Thou it seemed a little too strong for her alone. She would like at least one companion with her. She headed to the warp-plaza to see if there was anyone there that would bee interested in joining her on this adventure.

When she arrived at the plaza there was only one person there, a man.''Hey there!'' she said while walking towards him.''My name is Zandra, I wonder if you wanna join in for a quest?''

Takao stared forward with a face entirely devoid of expression - well, that was a bit of a lie. There were some subtle hints of confusion, but he primarily had a glazed over blasé expression as he watched his incredibly out of place familiar, which looked to be some kind of red impish dragon without wings, run around wildly chasing falling snowflakes. "You are the weirdest little dude." he said aloud, his breath following his words in the form of a white plume of smoke. He shook his head and opened his eyes just in time to dodge the first snowball thrown by his mischievous familiar, and turned to face the monster mid-laugh.

"Hah! Missed m-eurgh-" his words were cut a bit short by the unseen second snowball that landed on his face. He blinked and shook the snow from his face, then felt a grin beginning to grow. Takao bent down and scooped up a handful of snow, quickly packed it into a rough snowball shape, and cocked his arm back. "Why you little-" he said, interrupted by the sound of a voice coming off from the side. He glanced over at Zandra as she approached him, and let the snowball roll out of his hand before returning to his normal posture. "Uh, hey!" he said, waving his gloved hand. She mentioned a quest, and after sharing a look with his familiar, he turned back to her with a smile. "Sure, I'm game. If you're up on this floor, you probably wanna do «Avalanche», right?"

''Youre right, thats the quest I was thinking of. Have you done it already?''thats when she saw the spot of snow in his face. She looked down at the groundand saw alot of markings, and not all of them was footprints. Beside him stood a small, red, dragon-looking creature. The creature has traces of snow on its hands.''Have you been hitted in the face from a snowball?''when she had got her eyes on the little animal beside him she couldnt look away. It was so cute. Then she snapped out of it and turned her attention back to the boy.''Oh sorry, I didnt herd, what was your name?''she hold her hands in a grip behind her back, tilt her head a little to the side and smile towards him.''Also nice to meet you.''This would be better then she first thougth, adventuring with someone she havent met before, awesome.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Takao finished brushing the now off his face as he nodded. "Yeah, I took it on solo a while ago, so we shouldn't have any problems." he said, shaking his head to remove any excess. With the knowledge that they'd be heading out in mind, he called his familiar over and let it leap up onto his shoulders. It hadn't bothered to brush the snow off its feet or paws beforehand, and instead used the lining of fur across his coat's collar as something akin to a door mat. The brunet exhaled a low grumble before his attention settled back onto Zandra. "My name's Takao. It's nice t'meet you too." he said, extending his hand out as an offering for a hand shake. Afterward, he opened his menu and sent her a party invitation. "Ready to head out?"

Zandra stretched out her hand as well and shaked his. When the party request popped up, she accepted it immediatly. She then stretched out her hand to the little creature to shake his hand as well.''So, whats the name of this little fella? He is so cute. Where did you found him?'' She turned her attention to the outside of the town for a second, knowing that they had to get out there. Yes, she have been there before when doing her material-farming. But this was something else. She would fight against a boss. She have only done that once before, it was the waspqueen with Jomei. But this was something else, The environment was much friendlier there. Sun and the temprature was good, no extrem climate like this one. It seemed like the snowing had increased as well. She turned back her attention to Takao and his familiar.

Takao shared a glance with his familiar after she spoke, and upon seeing the smug expression that settled upon the draconic monster's face, the brunet rolled his eyes. Opinions were bound to differ, but after being on the receiving end to one too many of his familiar's mischievous deeds, "cute" was one of the last words he'd use to describe the knee-high demon. "This is Otoko." he said, gesturing to the red monster. "I found him up on the fifth floor. He really loves that giant sandbox." He opted to leave out the details of his and his familiar's meeting, which was a long and grueling process that was ultimately successful. He gestured for her to follow him as he started walking off in the direction of the wilderness, where he remembered the field boss-esque quest monster could be found. "So, you never told me your name."

She looked at Takao, I introduced me the first thing we met. Maybe he didnt herd. Just pretend I didnt said it. ''My name is Zandra Zvift, but most people call me Zandra, well everyone actually.'' That wasnt completly true, Marisa called her Zan-chan, but that didnt mattered at the moment. Oh right, I havent talked with Marisa for months. Well, now Im here with Takao, not Marisa. Focus Zandra okay?''So you said you already have done this quest? Well thnk you for helping out me then. I guess you know where to go? And do you have any tips or such for when we will encounter the avalanche?'' she said while catching upp to the pair that had started to walk, probably in the diresction where the ice-monster have its home.

Takao scratched his jawline as she introduced herself, wondering why is sounded familiar. He shrugged off the thought, he'd probably heard it somewhere before already (like a few minutes ago because i can't read), and nodded his head. "Well, nice t'meetcha, Zandra." he said when she'd caught up to them, which would've been fairly easy given his leisurely walking pace. He mulled over her question for a moment as he attempted to form a coherent plan, and spoke up a moment later when he'd done so. "Well, we're going to have to kill a few Ice Elementals first in order to spawn it. I should be able to take them all out in one go. Once Avalanche spawns, I'll take its aggro and stay in its line of sight so that it'll primarily focus on attacking me. If you attack it from the sides or behind it, you shouldn't take any hits unless I lose the hate." he said before gesturing in the direction that they were walking. "It's just a few more minutes in this direction."

She looked at the brown haired boy when he explained the quest for her, and he said he would do most of the dirty work. But it seemed that he did it to protect her. After all, he was much stronger then her.''Feels good to have a knight in shining armour protect me.''she winked at the boy while they was walking thru the snow.''By the way, are you often traveling on this floor? Myself Ive only been outside once, that was because I needed more crystals and ingredients for my potions. I met some realy nasty animals back then.''she got lost in old memories, when the wolf and leaopard looking creatures had attacked her. And now they was up against ice elementals, she was realy lucky this guy wanted to tag along.''But the ice-elementals will be a piece of cake, now when you are with me.''she smiled at him and his friend that sat on his shoulder.

Takao stole a sidelong glance at her as they walked and chuckled lightheartedly, then gave his coat collar a light tug. "I wouldn't exactly call this shining armour." he said in reference to his light armour, which he considered to only be a few steps ahead of paper mache in terms of protection. He released the collar of his coat and let his arm fall back to his side when she inquired about how frequently he visited the floor, to which he shrugged slightly. It wasn't his preferred choice of hunting grounds, yet he had done more quests - or repeated one quest in particular - in the snowy wilderness than he had anywhere else. "I don't spend that much time on this floor nowadays. I used to though, it's really scenic." After a few moments spent walking after leaving the town, Takao reached for the sword on his back and pulled the blade free of its scabbard. "They should start spawning up ahead now. Y'ready?"

When Takao bringed forth his sword and asked her if she was ready Zandra pulled forth her shorter, but still deadly blade and noded towards him.''Yes, Im ready.''she looked around to see any ice-elementals so she saw them before them saw her. She have been taken by surprise too many time already. She rolled her shoulder to be sure the armour was in place and she tested all joints. Sometimes the thin layer of mist surronding the amrour turns to ice and make it harder to move. She looked at Takao.''So, how many ice-elementals do we have to kill? And how strong are they?''she asked him. She was glad he was here. She wouldnt be able to fight them on her own she thougth. She twirled the dagger in her hand and took a steadier grip around the hilt.

Takao's green eyes set upon the small field that laid before them. Five humanoid figures made from chunks of ice mindlessly wandered on a set path, just waiting for a player to come by and take them down. He shifted his glance sidelong to Zandra as she drew her weapon and made a mental note of it before returning his attention back to the monsters. "Those five should be enough to bring it out. They should be average strength for the floor, I think." he said. It was difficult to tell how strong they would be from a simple glance, but he spoke from experience. Most of the monsters followed the same difficulty curve when it came to the floors, and it was only typical for field bosses and the like to differ from that curve. He raised his sword and used it to point at a small group of the ice beings. "I'll kite those four off to the side and take 'em out with AOE if you can take the last one. I can only get four at a time." he said. He waited for confirmation before he advanced.

The elementals turned to face him as he drew closer, the glowing red of their eyes signifying their aggression toward him. He moved calmly through the snow as he drew each of the monsters closer to one another, which would make the task of slaying them all in one fell swoop much easier. When the monsters were upon him, he drew his blade back and watched as it began to glow a bright red colour, not unlike the eyes of the monsters. He unleashed the sword art and subjected the monsters to his system-assisted wrath, which lead his blade toward and through each of the monsters. When the dust, or in this case snow had settled, the four Ice Elementals froze for a moment, then burst into hundreds of translucent shards. A quick glance at his health gauge informed him that at some point he had sustained some damage, but it was minor enough to be ignored.

- -

Ice Elemental 1-4 Stats:
54 HP
| 16 DMG

Ice Elemental 5 Stats:
20 HP
| 9 DMG

» ID : [[ 31746(BD+MD1+LD) | 31750(MD2) | 31751(MD3) | 31752(MD4) ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (6 + 3(ACC)) ]]
» MD 1 : [[ MISS (2 - 3(EVA)) ]]

» MD 2 : [[ MISS (8 - 3(EVA)) ]]
» MD 3 : [[ 
MISS (3 - 3(EVA)) ]]
» MD 4 : [[ 
C.HIT (10 - 3(EVA)) ]]

» LD : [[ 18 ]]

« Takao »
[[ 95/102 HP ]] [[ 16(DMG) + 2 critical - 11(MIT) =
-7HP ]]
[[ 11/23 Energy ]] 
«Sharp Nail» used. (-12 Energy)

« Ice Elemental 1 »
[[ 0/54 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (3*2) = -54HP ]]
« Ice Elemental 2 »
« Ice Elemental 3 »
« Ice Elemental 4 »

Dropped x4 Materials.
Dropped 1080 col.

Zandra noded when Takao headed out to kite away four of the humanoids so she would be able to face one. Since she was a dagger vielder, she lacked in powerful aoe attacks. Sword covered that area. She saw Takao cutting down four of the ice cold creatures with only one attack. There was only one left, and it looked weaker then the rest of them. She turned her focus to that one, charged her skill fad edge, when she felt it was ready she rushed towards her opponent. In the same moment she was gonna twirl her dagger and slice it a piece of ice, the creatures arm, came towards her. Her momentum made it impossible for her to dodge it. The ice hitted her right in the stomach and threw her away a couple of meters.''Sorry Takao, I failed. But just leave it to me. I will take him down with my next attack.''

ID: 31768

BD: 2+1=3 Miss

MD: 6 Hit 9-9=1 dmg

Zandra: 39/40 (9/11)

Ice-elemental: 20/20

Edited by Zandra Zvift

The post-motion rigidity that had overtaken his body wore off shortly after his successful attack, allowing him to straighten his posture and look over to Zandra as she made an attempt at the remaining elemental. His body tensed slightly and prepared to engage the elemental upon seeing her sustain damage and thrown back a few meters, but after she expressed her desire to have the kill left to her, he relaxed and stayed where he was. "Alright, I'll leave it to you then!" he called out in response. Takao moved to glance over the area and check for any other potentially unseen threats, but ultimately saw nothing of interest. His eyes set on the clearing they stood in next, and determined that it was a good enough location to fight the field boss when it spawned.

- -

[[ 12/23 Energy ]] (1 Energy Recovered | 2/3 turns left for full recovery)

She saw that Takao standing watching the fight and he let her continue without interupting.''Thanks mate.'' she pulled herself up lookking at the ice elemental.''Im gonna turn you into ice-cubes little snowman.'' she kept eyecontact with the creature in front of her, charging up her fad edge once again, this time she was gonna hit and tear her opponent apart. When she felt the skill was ready, she left her spot and headed towards the ice-creature. She held the dagger in her right hand and twirled it. Making four re stripes of its chest. The air was filled with small ice-crystal. She saw the elementals health-bar drop. From green to yellow, from yellow to red, from red to nothing and it pixelated. She got a small reward and walked to Takao.''See I said I could take hime down.''she said with a cheerful voice and smiled towards Takao.

ID: 31884

BD: 8+1=9 Hit 5x4x1=20 dmg

MD: 2 Miss

LD: 9 No extra loot

Zandra: 39/40 (6/11)

Ice-elemental: 0/20 --DEAD--

+1 Material

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Takao exhaled a sharp whistle in a low tone upon seeing her success in taking down the remaining Ice Elemental, and had raised his off hand for a high five. No such gesture came to be, however, as the rough sounds of ice scraping against itself echoed through the otherwise quiet forest clearing. The defeat of the last monster in the field has brought forth the boss, just as the quest described it would. "Ah, well, looks like we'll have to celebrate afterwards!" he said, not wasting any time in moving to engage the much larger living block of ice. He held his sword out to the side, poised in such a specific position that the length of the blade began to glow bright yellow. The system took over and moved his body like it had before, with impressive speed and precision that he couldn't have imagined himself capable of mustering himself. His blade, with the help of the system, found itself lodged in the ice monster's chest - or whatever equivalent to a chest it had. Takao hefted his blade free of the monster's body just in time to duck under a massive arm of ice that swept over his head, saving himself from sustaining damage from the monster's attempt at retaliation.

- -

Avalanche Stats:
100 HP 
| 24 DMG

» ID : [[ 31917 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (6 + 3(ACC)) ]]
» MD 1 : [[ MISS (1 - 3(EVA)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 98/102 HP ]]

[[ 8/23 Energy ]] «Vorpal Strike» used. (-5 Energy)
[[ 1 Hate ]]

« Avalanche »
[[ 55/100 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (5*1) = -45HP ]]

Zandra saw when Takao holding up his hand for a high-five, but he lowered it before she could answer the gesture. Instead the hand gripped around the sword-hilt when the mighty Avalanche appeared. Takao was right, after killing five ice-elementals the boss apawned. Takaos mighty sword delt a huge amount of damage on the ice-monster. Then she realised, she was here to help with taking down this big thingie. She charged her most powerful sword art, hopefully weakening it for Takao to deliver the finishing strike. She rushed towards her opponent. But just when she was gonna deliver a leathal hit with her twirling dagger she fell on a spot of slipery ice. Buried her face right in the snow, nose hitting the hard ice underneath it. When she pulled herself up she saw the snow was red. She had started to nose-bleed. She ran back to Takao to be ready for another attack, holding one hand in front of the nose to try to stop it, but it continued anyway so she didnt cared about it, the red liquid dripping on her blue ice-cold armour.''Sorry Takao, I missed again.''

ID: 32681

BD: 4+1=5 Miss

Zandra: 39/40 (5/11)

Avalanche: 55/100

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Takao glanced aside as Zandra moved in to strike, and watched as she slipped on the terrain. He stared for a moment before his cheeks puffed up in an attempt to hold back his amusement, but ultimately burst out into laughter anyway. He'd been in similar positions before, and he felt bad for laughing at her misfortune, but he just couldn't help it. His laughter quickly died down when he saw the blood coming from her nose. "Oh crap, you alrig-erk!" His attempt at checking on her was interrupted by the Avalanche's large icy fist slamming into him. He tumbled across the snow, causing geysers of snow to erupt as his body rolled across the white powder. His hand slammed into the ground and he steadied himself, quickly returning to his feet and charging back at the monster. Takao poised his blade to activate a sword art, and unleashed three rapid slashes onto the monster. The power of the skill left the monster stunned and unable to move, as well on its last sliver of life. "Alright, you should be able to take it out now that it's stunned!"

- -

» ID : [[ 32804 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration)) ]]
» MD : [[ C.HIT (9 - 3(EVA)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 84/102 HP ]] [[ 24(DMG) + 1 critical - 11(MIT) = 
-14HP ]]
[[ 1/23 Energy ]] «Star Quint Prominence» used. (-8 Energy)
[[ 2 Hate ]]

« Avalanche » *STUNNED*
[[ 1/100 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (6*1) = -54HP ]]

Zandra took a look at her hand, it was red from her blood. But she couldnt care about that right now. She had a big ice elemental to take down. She could barely see its tiny red healthbar anymore after Takaos last attack. Also, it just stood there doing nothing. That means Takao must have stunned it. Now was the perfect time to attack. She started to charge up her side bite. Glanced at Takao,''Well, I will definitively take it down now. Then you too if you laugh at me like that again.''she winked and stretched out her tongue at him. Then she felt the sword art was ready, she rushed towards the Avalanche. This time she felt it would work. She made two quick slashes, making two stripes on what would have been the crearures chest. A few moments later it exploded in thousands of white pixels.''Hehe, thats how you do it.''she jumped with her arm stretched up high in the air while laughing cheerfully. A screen pooped up and rewarded her with a great amount of Col as well as an item called <<Snowfrost>>.''Hey Takao, what is this snowfrost thingie?'' she said to her partner while walking towards him.

ID: 3395

BD: 9 Crit (5+1)x2x1=12 Damage

LD: 17 Mob health x 5 or Good item

Zandra:

39/40 (4/11)

Avalanche: --DEAD--

+Snowfrost

+500 Col

+1 Material

Edited by Zandra Zvift

[Whoops, sorry, didn't see you had posted!]

Takao backed away from the Avalanche as she began her advance. Both hands - including his sword hand - were raised defensively as he suppressed another oncoming fit of laughter. "Sorry, sorry!" he said, apologizing profusely and, more importantly, honestly. He hadn't meant to laugh solely at her misfortune, but given his rather immature sense of humour, somebody simply falling down was enough to tickle his funny bone. He cleared his throat and watched as she diminished the last of the monster's health with her strike. With the beast made of ice vanquished, Takao returned his sword to its scabbard. "Snowfrost? That's the item this quest boss drops. It halves incoming fire damage. It's farmable too, which is good if you plan on fighting something... fiery, I guess." he said as a shrug rolled his shoulders forward. "I think I'm about ten minutes from freezin' to death out here. How 'bout we head back to town?"