[PP-F4] Snowy encounter<<Avalanche>> (Takao)

Zandra looked at her companion when he explained what snowfrost was. When he was done she thougth she had herd that somewhere, or red it. Then he complained about the cold, and it realy seemed like he was freesing. She on the other hand, had her armour, made particular for cold environments, so she didnt felt the cold as much as him, since her arour covered her whole body as well. Except the head. Then she got an idea how to get some kkind of revenge for him laughing at her.''Hmm... I feel veeeery tired after this fight.''she hold back a smile, barely.''I think that I have to sit down and rest.'' she streatched her arms above her head while jawning.''Guess we can wait take a quick pause, just half an hour.''she looked at him again to see his reaction.

Takao's eyes narrowed slightly at the suggestion to stay a bit longer - not particularly in an angry way, but more of an accusatory way, as if he'd caught on to her game right away. He nodded slowly as his mouth pursed, then shrugged his shoulders and patted his thighs as his arms returned to a comfortable position at either side. "Well, suit yourself." he said, letting his gaze wander around their surroundings while forcing himself to suppress the urge to shiver. "But when keel over, you're gonna have to drag my frozen-solid butt back into town." A smirk had worked its way onto his face and his arms folded over his chest.

Zandra closely examined Takao with her eyes. Was he serious.''Well, then I can use you as a sleigh, and not having to walk all the way back.'' she looked at him, was she still in on the game. Seemed like it.''Well, actually, I think youre right, we should head back. My nose feel like an ice cube.''she placed her gauntlet covered hand on it to warm it. But the thick leather that was covering the inside was as cold as the snow on the outer side. For a few seconds she tohugth about taking of her gauntlet to warm her nose. But they had it so nice and warm in there so she let the gauntlet still on. She looked at the sky, the faint spot where the clouds was a little bright was on way down. It still was a few hours left till it would get darker, so they wasnt realy in a hurry. She looked back at Takao to see what he thougth.

A comical frown worked its way across his face at the suggestion. "N'aw, now that's just cruel..." said Takao as he pouted, folding his arms and glancing sideways in child-like protest. The frown on his face was quickly replaced by a thin line, trying hard and ultimately failing to hide the slight smirk that had grown on his face. He glanced at her as she rubbed her nose and suggested that they return to the town after all, earning a lighthearted chuckle. "Aha! I knew you'd see it my way. C'mon, let's get outta here before more of those guys start spawning." he said, grinning widely at the thought of finally getting out of the cold. Takao eagerly trudged through the snow, heading in the direction of Snowfrost.

As soon as she mentioned that they would head back after all, he turned his steps towards the town. A small smile appeared on Zandras face. She picked up a handful snow.''That was quick, youre in a hurry?''she started to walk after him. Slowly catching up on Takao. When she was only one step behind him she slowed down to his speed.''Well, I realy thank you for following me out on this little quest. Im not mad at you at all for laughing at me when I fell.''she raised her hand and dropped down the snow on Takaos neck.''No worry, it will melt soon.''she dodge beside him to be one step in front of him, then started to run towards the town. A second to late she realised there is a skill that makes you faster and more acrobatic, she realy hoped Takao didnt had that skill.''By the way, I have prepared some hot choclate at my shop. If you want some as well we can meet there and drink together!'' she scouted back to her companion.

"Yeah, I told you, I'm freezin' out here!" said Takao as he called back to her in response. The brunet wasn't exactly sprinting at his full capacity, so catching up to him was fairly easy. "I am sorry for that, y'know. I just couldn't help it, but it really stopped being funny when you got baaeee-!" his words were interrupted by his collar being pulled and snow being dropped down his back. He shrieked out in both surprise and discomfort as the cold snow hit slid down his digital skin, eliciting an immediate response of him attempting to shake it out. By the time he'd managed to recover, Zandra was already running, and a mischievous grin grew on his face. "You won that battle, woman!" said Takao as his legs tensed up. His «Sprint» skill was activated, and he took off running after Zandra, covering the distance with ease. "But you've started a war!" As soon as Takao got close, he dropped into a slide with his right leg forward and angled toward his questing companion. As a result, snow spewed from the ground like a wave and hovered above Zandra, threatening to cover her entirely.

Zandra runned as fast as she could. Thou it wasnt that fast since she was wearing her heavy half plate armour. She looked over her shouldet. Takao was still standing on the same spot, shouting after. She turned her head forward, starting to get a little worried. When she herd a sound behind she looked over her shoulder. The distance that was hundred meters a few moments ago, was now twenty. She turned around running backwards. Holding her arms straigth while shaking her hands."Nonono, I didnt me..."then alot of stuff happened, Takao stopped, Zandras heel hitted a snowcovered rock, making her lose her balance. While falling she saw a shadow appear, was beeing all above her. It was like snow that had flew up in the air from Takaos break. Zandra fell down in the snow, next second she got a layer of snow above her as well.

The war had been won, but his victory hadn't come without sacrifice. Upon dropping into a slide, he found himself covered in slow, and plenty had gotten beneath his clothes. He knew the risks yet he still went through with it, and now he was paying the price. Takao slowly rose to stand, shivering violently as he tried to shake the snow from his clothes. Green eyes were cast down at the layer of snow that covered Zandra and he laughed again, then spread his arms out to his side in a comical "come at me" sort of gesture and began walking backward in the direction of the town. "Hah! I win!"

Zandra pushed her up on all four, spitting out some snow she had got in her mouth. She looked up at the young man, walking backwards in a cocky manner.''Hehe, I think Ive met my superior.'' she raised up in standing position and brushed off the snow from her armour. She shaked her head to get rid of all snow in her hair. Much of it fell of, but there was some left. Thou she didnt cared about that and catched up to Takao.''I think someone in heavy armour shouldnt try to outrun some one in light.''she looked at Takao with a friendly smile. Then she turned a little serious.''Takao, what I just said over there, I was just joking, you know that right? Actually Im not a mean person, or try to not be at least. Hope youre not thinking about me that way.''she wished she could turn back time to right after the completed quest and changed her immature behaviour.

Takao's arms dropped down and patted the sides of his coat which, despite having a fur colour, did a criminally small amount of keeping him warm. When she caught up with him, he shifted his weight onto one foot and spun around to face frontward, walking normally again toward the town with both an entertained and victorious smile plastered on his face. He laughed at her comment about heavy armour and shook his head. "Man, you don't know fear 'til you see a dude in full plate armour sprinting toward you full force. Lemme tell you, it's terrifying." he said, adding emphasis onto the last bit of his sentence. Emerald hued eyes cast a sidelong glance toward her as the tone of the conversation turned to serious, yet once she was done, his smile returned in force. "Relax, dude. I don't think you're mean or anything. It was just all good fun, y'know?"

"How do you know that Takao? Have you seen a dude in full-plate armour charging  towards you?" She could imagine how it would feel like, but the man beside her have realy experienced it. She glimpsed at the man that she have gotten more respect to the more she knew about him. She putted her hands behind her, looking forwars where they could see a silluette of the town."It make me glad you not think that about me. Im happy that you acompanied m onti quest. She took pause before she continued."At my shop, thats not that far away. I prepared some hot choclate. Do you wanna come inside and have some? As an apology for the snow in your neck." She blushed when remmbering what she had done to the kind man, walking beside her.

"Yes," Takao said flatly, turning his head toward her with furrowed eyebrows. "Firsthand, and in real life too. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen." He nodded knowingly, briefly recalling and cringing at the memory of watching a rather large friend of his, fully clad in armour and armed with a longsword, charging at him during a friendly duel. The memory was quickly shaken away, and he smiled warmly at her. "Hey, no problem. If you need help on any other quests or something, don't be afraid to hit me up." His eyes lit up and a wider smile replaced the warm one as she offered a warm drink as an apology, and he nodded excitedly. "No way I can pass that up!"

Zandra was happy when Takao answered on her offer positively.''Then come on, lets go into the warmth.'' After just a few minnutes they entered town again. Zandra guided Takao to her cozy little shop. When they arrived, it wasnt anything special. Just a one and a half floor tall timber hut. The only thing that was a little different was a sign of a shield with wings and a potion it. There was the text 'Blood and Stones' on it as well. She opened the door and walked inside.''Hurry in Takao, or the little warmth left gonna slip out thru the door.'' When inside she lit up a fire in the fireplace opposite the door. She also heated up a smaller pot with some brown liquid over a small oil-lamp.''Welcome in, its not much, but its at least some kind of a home. Please take a seat infront of the fireplace.'' In front of the fireplace was a small table between two armchairs. The walls was covered with shelfs. Almost all shelfs was covered with different ingredients needed for an alchemist. There was beutiful looking flowers, some kind of berries and other sweet things. Bottles with potions of any colour you can immagine. Some roots and different dried leafs here and there. There was also a jar with a pair of eyes floating in some green liquid. Something looking like a tongue and a few bottles with thick red liquid, blood?

Zandra%20shop%20jpg%20file%202_zpswwvmma

Edited by Zandra Zvift

(Sorry it's short, scrapin' the bottom of the muse barrel tonight.)

"Warmth sounds really good right about now." said Takao, quickly nodding in agreement as he walked alongside Zandra. Before long they were back in the town, and standing in front of her shop. He followed her inside and closed to door tightly behind him to prevent more of the heat from escaping. Takao turned and glanced around the various alchemical curiousities, moving from jar to jar, seemingly unfazed but still interested in the curious items. "Oh! Hey, you're an alchemist, aren't you?" he said, turning to look back to Zandra.

Zandra looked at her quest when he asked if she was an alchemist.''Hehe, yeah Im an alchemist.'' she said with a smile while pouring up a cup of hot choclate. One cup to her and one to Takao. She handed one of the cups to Takao and sipped on her own.''And the things you see on the shelfs are my ingredients. Im sorry its so messy, I usually have it more organized when getting guests.'' She picked up something from the floor and placed it behind a desk that seemed to be used as a workbench as well. There was alot of different markings, like spilled out colour, black spots that have been burnt and other unexplainable one. She placed her cup on the workbench.''So, have you enjoyed our little adventure? Sorry for the snow back then. I hope the choclate worked to return  the warmth to your body.''

• 3 weeks later...

Takao smiled warmly as he was handed the drink and inclined his head momentarily as a gesture of gratitude. "No worries. Whenever I leave my familiar at my shop, it ends up turning into a giant mess." he said as he lifted the drink and took a sip. His eyes continued to wander around the interior until she spoke up again, thus garnering his ambling attention. A light chuckle escaped from his chest and he waved dismissively at her second apology. "It was fun! I really don't mind the cold that much, and this floor's always nice to visit... in moderation anyway." He was sure to add in the bit about not spending too much time on the floor, since he very adamantly preferred the more pleasant weather of the third floor. "You're good company too."

It seemed that Takao understood the messyness from own experiences. But in his case it seemed to be the familiars fault. He also, as she had done, enjoyed the little adventure. It seemed he also liked the hot choclate and did think she was good company. All these things made her very happy."Thank you for following me on this quest. It hav..." a note about she have gotten a mail poped up."Excuse me a sec." She opened the mail, reading it fast. When has finished reading she quickly closed the screen."Im realy sorry Takao." She said when starting to quickly walk around in the room."I have to do something." She picked stuffs from the shelfs and putted them in her inventory. When she was finished she stopped and looked at Takao."I realy have to go. And I must ask you to leave. You can bring the hot choclate with you if you want. It have been fun adventuring with you and I hope it gonna happen again sometime." She smiled at him and they exited the shop."Bye Takao. See ya later!" She while hurrying to the warp gate plaza.

---Completed---

Zandra:

+4 SP (1 thread complete, 3 Quest-reward)

+200 Col (1 page/2)

<<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle.

Takao:

+1 SP (1 thread complete)

+200 Col (1 page/2)

<<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle.