[OP-F1] Now Recruiting: The Dapper Rogues! - Complete!

Flints looked down at Emerath and let out a little huff. "I could get you someone..but depending on how badly you want another member.." She trailed off and thought of someone to bring to the group and gulped. Maybe that was a bad idea. Unless Emerath really wanted to she would try for him. 

Looking around at the crowd she thought maybe she should go seek out someone she quickly dispelled herself from the branches ones again and landed on light toes. "Then it's settled! Just say the word!"  she smiled at Emerath waiting for his response. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Emerath looked over at Flints with a bit of a sigh as he had to take his attention away from Mack again. He was trying to discuss important future guild matters here, and his new guild members were running around like a herd of wild cats. He supposed that was to be expected until the guild was actually established and everyone had gained a role and a real purpose in the guild. Emerath waved Flints on with a hand and said, "Yes, I'd already asked you to do just that! Go on, find me another member. We only need one, but the more the merrier. We'll need to recruit past five anyway, so get as many people as you can!" Emerath rolled his eyes and went back to his conversation.

Sousuke grinned at them all as they all started to get a little excited. As Emerath returned his attention to the other man who he figured was Mack he adressed the other two. One who was holding the charter who's name was endilix and a women in a tree who's name hadn't figured out yet. 

"If you wanna recruit some more people we need to be a bit more approachable, be friendly but not over the top and instead of trying to attract attention with noise why don't we mingle with crowd a little." He suggested

Endilix listened to his brother and then to Sousuke, "Valid points all around. Although at least clanging around on the shield made for a good attention getter." Endilix shrugged and said, "But let's take your advice then, Sousuke, let's go mingle and get to know people. There has to be at least one other person looking for a guild." Endilix gave a whistle and motioned to Flints before she could wander off too far, or get too frustrated at Emerath for being in 'business mode'. He rather got like that when he was doing serious important matters, and Endilix got used to it a long while ago. "Flints!" he called out, "Come with us! We're going to go talk to people in the crowd!"

Flints heard Endilix call out to her and she perked up and quickly weaved her way through the crowd back to Endilix's side, she tapped his arm and gently held onto him until he noticed her. "Well then I guess we just have to charm them then?!" She laughed and looked to sousuke and nodded slightly. "Hello, my name is Flints." She smiled up at him trying her hardest to be on best behavior for Endilix and Emerath. This guild was very important to them, so she had to be good. 

Where is that noise coming from? Isa knew the towns were usually bustling but not this bad. He followed the loud clanging and saw two men, well in a way it was almost like looking in a fun house. Two men that looked alike, twins? He thought to himself not even knowing it was possible in game but then again, anything was possible here. It must suck to be stuck with your sibling in Aincrad. Because you never know what could happen. He watched as the bothers looked up into the tree where their banner flowed freely from, oh great they are insane as well. But quickly his heart skipped. Wait...that voice! Before he could approach them the crowd grew at the sight of Mack. Of course it would. Then suddenly another person came out and discussed with them. What was going on? He finally broke through the crowd and smacked into Who he assumed was Endilix, before he could apologize he saw the small woman behind him. And quickly blurted out " Id like to join your guild!" His eyes widened but then he thought about it. He was low leveled and he could use some guidance in Aincrad so why not. This would be good for him, he glanced back over to the girl. Very good for him.

As Endilix was walking along with Sousuke, he first felt Flints grab onto his arm and tap on his armor. He turned and smiled at her, not really shaking off the grab. He would let her keep a hold of him. It was easier to navigate together in this crowd anyway. As they continued on, Endilix looked for anyone that might actually be interested. He hadn't exactly been quiet for the morning, so he figured if someone saw his red hair and armor they would be looking for him. Endilix was a bit more surprised though, when someone actually ran smack into him. He could feel his armor ring as the man took a step back and looked around in confusion.

The man seemed to zero in on Flints and suddenly he blurted out how he would like to join the guild. But he was staring at Flints as he said it. Endilix raised an eyebrow at the man and then looked over at Flints on his arm. "A friend of yours?" he asked to the woman, before turning back to the man who had run into him. He held out a hand to shake, "I'm Endilix, I would be happy to discuss having you join our new guild. You are...?"

Edited by Endilix

Hans strolled through the streets of the first floor starting city. He'd finally started coming to terms with the fact that he wouldn't be able to survive here for very long by fighting solo. He would have to find a group that would both deal with him and preferably give him some kind of profit. Unfortunately, he wasn't in a position to be picky. That probably wouldn't stop him, though. He still had to find a way to get safely to the third floor to set up his shop. He hadn't traveled between floors yet, so for all he knew he had to be a part of a party or something to get there.

It wasn't long before he stopped a large crowd gathering in the plaza, and a banner hanging from a tree caught his eye. He casually made his way around the area, weaving in and out of other crowds and strings of people passing by while he observed. A tall, burly man stuck out from the rest of the people gathered, but he got the feeling that he wasn't directly a part of whatever they were doing. 'Recruiting?' Hans thought. From the look of him, the larger man had a large level difference to the rest of them. Hans figured some low levels were starting a guild--maybe the higher level person was helping out? Or at least he was drawing more attention to their campaign.

Hans grew closer as he watched the different people involved. He eventually settled for leaning against a nearby building and swiped his hand to pull up a menu, lazily scrolling through his equipment and items while he remained within earshot.

Flints tightened her grip on Endilix and looked away, a small growl escaping her lips. But only loud enough for Endilix and Isamishi to hear. "Let's say we are aquatinted.." She couldn't help but get flustered at the thought of his bright blue eyes glaring her down. She was trying her best to behave for the sake of the guild. She smiled at Isamishi as best as she could. "it's nice..to see you again.."  She finally looked up to meet his gaze but gripped onto Endilix tighter than ever. 

As Emerath tried to keep things in order around his little tree, and his merry band of recruits and his brother all went off to find more people, Emerath found that he was actually pleasantly happy right in this moment. Things were working out with a guild alliance, he was certain he would have enough people to make a guild, and then it was all just a matter of beginning to do guild things and start making their way in this dangerous game world. And they would be doing it together, as Dapper Rogues. He liked the sound of all of that.

That was about when Emerath saw someone hanging off to the side of the little crowd. He had been standing there, fiddling with his menu with the occasional gaze over. He was also watching Endilix and the merry band of recruits it seemed. The man had what looked to be long blue hair and looked a bit like a hobo. But, if he turned out to be a good guy, Emerath supposed he could take him. Though, he might have to teach him what the word dapper actually meant and clean him up a bit. Finally, Emerath waved over to him to try to get his attention, "You there! Are you interested in the Dapper Rogues?"

Hans flinched as he realized he'd been spotted, both annoyed and embarrassed that he had been caught watching the group. a red-haired man waved and called out to him, forcing him to close his menu and push off the wall. He approached Emerath, hands in his pockets, and the man's words brought Hans' lips into a catty grin. "Nya ha ha!" He cackled, "Dapper Rogues?" The way he repeated the name sounded almost condescending. "I don't know about that first part, but if it's a Rogue's guild you're forming, I have to admit I'm interested." His last statement was genuine, despite his aloof attitude. Hans was closer now, at a normal distance for the two to hold a conversation. Hans placed his hands on his hips and leaned in slightly. "So? Just what is this band of characters all about?" He pryed, tilting his head towards the other red-head and interesting cast of guild members they've accrued so far.

Isa raised an eyebrow at Flints as he watched her hold onto Endilix, he stood up straight and realized he was much taller than the two. He smiled down at them and reached out to flints and stroked her cheek gently putting lose strands behind her ear. "Well now, I'd call us more than acquaintances!" He looked down on Endilix and stared straight into his green eyes. "My name is Isamishi, and yes. I would like to join you guys. You seem..close" he gritted his teeth at his last words before smiling again. I wish to grow into a stealthy person in this world. So I feel like I could be of some use to you, eventually. 

Emerath looked over to the slowly shrinking group of people as they walked off, those of whom the blue haired man seemed to be indicating. Emerath gave a bit of a nervous chuckle, "Well, I don't know about those guys, but our guild is planning to be a group of explorers, scouts, and information gatherers." Emerath leaned forward a bit so that Hans could hear him whisper, "Information keepers are going to be spies, if you are interested in that. You seem like you might be the type." Emerath stood up straight again and smiled, "My name is Emerath." Emerath held his hand out to the man to shake, "I'm going to be the guild leader of our little band of characters."

Edited by Emerath

Endilix gave a smile, despite himself, as Isamishi stood up straight to indicate his full height. He's like a peacock. All he needs is the vibrantly colored tail so that he can start doing struts around us and flaunting himself. Endilix looked up at him and didn't let the man's actions bother him. "Well, we're happy to accept new recruits. Though do bear in mind that any acts of harassment towards any other guild member could result in you being forcefully removed from the guild. So I'd say control your touching of others." He looked to Flints, "Especially if you want to keep your hands and fingers. I suppose you're lucky that with the way this game works, they can't actually be chopped off. Don't think that'll stop people from trying though."

Endilix reached into his inventory as he listened to Isamishi go on about them being close as he pulled out the charter. He held it out to the man to sign as he said, "Yes, I would like to think we're close, considering her and I are in a relationship."

Flints wasn't one for hiding behind anyone but, with the way Isamishi was acting she was a little more than fed up. She watched as he looked down upon Endilix, glaring at him. What the hell was going on here? Flints was awoken from her mental banter when Endilix told Isamishi "yes I would like to think we are close, considering her and I are in a relationship." Her face flushed with red and she stayed still in a little daze. She looked out to Emerath who was still excitedly watching over the little group and buzzing about a new face in their presence. She didn't look at either of the men but slowly slid her hand down Endilix's arm and gently rubbed his wrist. She felt blood rush to her ears and all she could hear was the pulsing of it through her veins. she thought to herself again. "What the hell is going on here?!"

Isa laughed at Endilix's little show. He watched as flints clung to him. It didn't matter.  He grasped her arm and gave her a gentle tug till she was away from Endilix and he petted her gently before releasing her and taking the contract from Endilix and signing it. He smiled down at him and pulled flints away and ran holding onto her, he needed to talk to her but away from that idiot who clearly wasn't actually with her, thanks to her reaction Isa knew for sure she wasn't tied to him. He knew she would probably kill him but he needed to get to know her before Someone else did. She was too different to pass up, or give up so easily to some brute she probably didn't even know. She didn't really know Isa, but he would be sure to change that soon. 

Hans listened as Emerath gave his a brief rundown of their guild's plans. As he leaned in to tell him more, Hans grinned, standing upright and placing his hands on his hips as he laughed. He looked back at the man, his bangs falling to the side slightly to show a bright yellow eye flashing with interest, "Hans is my name." He grabbed Emerath's outstretched hand, deciding he wanted to see how this turned out. He liked their plan of being a guild for information gathering and sneaking around. At least they would actually be rogue-like, as their name suggested. "Nyaa, I have to say I'm interested." Hans continued, placing his hands back in his pockets and shifting his weight for a more laid-back stance. "Of course, I'm not a fan of doing anything for free. Do you plan to take on bounties, or sell your information?" He knew well that guilds in MMOs tended to pool their resources, but at least those kinds of activities allowed for a cut of a profit. In terms of finding a group to progress with, this was beginning to seem like his best bet.

Flints eyes widened as Isamishi pulled her away from Endilix and dragged her with him, she didn't fight him but she was pretty positive this was going to get really bad, very fast. Isa seemed distraught and even for someone she had never really gotten to know, she could tell he was acting out of desperation. She didn't know what to think of this Man, but she dug her heels into the ground once they were away from all the crowds and came to a halt. "Follow me. Don't be stupid" Flints growled as she lead him into a small shop that she remembered being in with Endilix when they first agreed to party up.  Oddly enough it felt as if it was long ago. She sat at the table and waiting to see if Isamishi would join her. 

Emerath crossed his arms. He had of course considered the thought of selling the information. Information brokers in a game like this could be invaluable things. Especially as his guild moved up into the higher floors and scouted areas that others dare not venture into. And then of course there was social information. Dossiers on people and their lives in Aincrad that people could pay money for. Emerath rubbed his chin and also considered the idea of bounties, the thought of hunting down killers and their ilk would help clean up Aincrad quite a bit and perhaps they could get out of this game sooner with less people killing players with potential to become great.

Emerath finally gave a nod to Hans, a gleam in his eyes, "Yes, of course! Those all sound like great ideas! We could have a bounty board that people can post Col rewards to for hunting and killing certain players. And then we can also sell information we collect to interested parties. Boss and floor data to high ranking guilds and social data to other people who are interested in the knowledge. It would all be under the table of course, but I think it would fit the guild quite well." And then he smiled at Hans, "You would, of course, get a fair share of the profits."

Edited by Emerath

As Emerath considered his words and gave his reply Hans displayed his wide grin, which seemed a bit more genuine. His raised a hand up slightly, "All right! I would be willing to join." Glad that they understood one another, Hans shifted his weight again, frowning as he came to a realization. "I assume everyone here is pretty low-level, right?" He sighed, also annoyed with his own lack of skill. "We'll probably have to do some leveling once this is all established, huh?" He grumbled as if it was a pain, but grinding levels always was his least favorite part of video games.