[PP:F11] The Reunion, Be Prepared For Feels and Sappiness (Calrex & Teayre) - COMPLETED

As she spawned into the eleventh floor Teayre took to a small café that was someway off the beaten track within Taft. Her eyes looked up to the Cathedral looming over the town. Sighing she brushed a lock of her crimson hair back over her hear. Turning she saw a waitress stood there with a notepad ordering a simple tea she flicked her menu down and looked at her friends list. There was his name, the lone name on her list. Calrex. She’d seen him in her shop but she’d been busy and he left after ordering an item and a quick kiss, her heart skipped a beat as she gripped the hilt of her katana tightly. “I hope he’s not mad with me.”

Selecting his name Teayre opens up the pm chat between them, typing one out she then presses send before screwing her eyes together and clenching her teeth for a brief moment. “Ma’am, your tea.” The waitress had already returned and placed the steaming beverage down in front of her. Teayre’s hand shot out and gently grabbed the sleeve of the NPC. “Could I get a matcha mocha iced latte as well please. To be put down opposite me, I’m expecting someone.” The server nodded and dashed off to sort the order out.

Sighing the petite girl leaned back in her chair eyes closing for a moment as the clouds rolled over. A loud chiming from the Cathedral signalled that is was four o’clock. Sitting back up Teayre sees the serving girl place the latte where she had directed. Nodding her thanks the red head leans forward and takes a small sip of her drink whilst he eyes gaze in the direction of the plaza. Her tongue licking her lips as her eyes seemed hungry yet scared at the same time.

Edited by Teayre

A flash of light could be seen in the teleportation plaza of the eleventh floor as Calrex materialized in the settlement. He was clothed in his casual combat clothing, over which was the Grand Dragoon armor. Since he was within the settlement he had yet to equip the Grand Blade or any of his other swords that had been forged in the past. Because of that, the Amethyst Charm was not attached to the of the sword hilt, but instead was wrapped around his wrist. Giving a small sigh he began to make his way towards the location marker for his fiancee.

"Guess this was her way of catching up? It was only a little while ago that I saw her at the Amethyst Boutique, but that time she was busy with customers, so there was no way for us to chat."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he continued to weave his way around until her rounded a corner, seeing that the redhead had taken seat at the case they had visited the first time they had come to the eleventh floor. It had only been a few days since she had decided to go off on her own, but seeing that she was alright brought Calrex some relief. Walking over he smiled as he looked to see the server bring a drink he had tried the last time, a strange mix between a mocha and a matcha latte.

"Alright, she is likely nervous about the lack of communication since she was gone. It might be a good idea to dispel that before I take a seat."

Quickly kneeling down he quickly wrapped Teayre up in an embrace before giving a friendly smile and voice, "Sorry if I'm a bit late. It's certainly been a while Teayrie."

As a swathe of blue rounded the corner Teayre gasped and her face turned away from him as she felt the deep blush of red shoot to her cheeks. A small glint caught the corner of her eye as the Amethyst Charm shot past as she was engulfed by two arms. “Sorry if I’m a bit late. It’s certainly been a while Teayrie.” Turning her head into Calrex’s chest Teayre nuzzled into him the cloth underneath her face becoming slightly damp. Her hands slipped around Calrex’s back and tightly clung to him as well. “Y-yeah…” Was all she could manage to say.

After several minutes passed Teayre slowly released her fiancée she looked up at him with red wet eyes and a smile on her face. “Calnus…” Her hand flew to her mouth as she spoke his name, somehow her face turned even redder as she bowed her head low, “S-sorry… I forgot we’re not really alone.” Her eyes glanced up to a nearby table where another player was sat at. “How’ve you been Cal? I… I…” Her voice became quiet and small as she started to talk to him, reaching over the table she gently pulled Calrex’s drink towards her and sat it next to her before giving her partner a warming smile.

"Oh, right my bad, heh, sorry about that."

Calrex gave an awkward smile as he put a hand behind his head before taking a seat, moving it so that he was beside Teayre as he acknowledged the drink, "Things...haven't really changed much at all since you've been gone. I've been up to my usual things, training and hunting for materials, heh. Other than that nothing different has really happened. Although apparently somehow I've been starting to get a reputation as the number one solo player for some reason."

Looking over he gently picked up the drink and took a sip, tasting the familiar flavors of the mocha and matcha blending together pleasantly before heading down his throat. Setting the cup back down he gave a calming breath before looking back over at his fiancee as he spoke in a lighthearted tone, "How about you? It's certainly been a while, well, at least if we're not counting at the shop a little while ago. It's good to see you're safe."

“You’re not really a solo player though Callie…” Teayre leaned across taking his hand, “You’re never a solo player. I’ll let them call you a guildless or a duo player but never a solo.” Her voice had a bitter undertone as she gently squeezed his hand. Her eyes shimmering with adoration as she gazed into his. Grinning she watched as he took a sip of his drink before letting out a satisfied sigh. Giggling slightly she ducked her head away, attempting to hide the silly smile she had growing on her face.

“I’ve been… Well busy I think would be the best word.” Teayre paused as she looked back up at Calrex keeping one hand in his as she drank a bit of her tea with the other before resting her head on it. “I did Breaking the Unbreakable, I looked for a new familiar on floor six but gave up as it was just too painful. Umm… I completed the Search for Hoya quest where I had some pkers attack me, and I had to….” The red head stopped talking for a moment and shuddered, “You need to understand it was life or death Cal… I didn’t want to I really didn’t, they didn’t give me a choice.” A tear came to her eye that she quickly brushed away.

"PKers huh..."

Calrex gave a small sigh out of understanding as he listened to Teayre speak about her time out of contact with him. He had a feeling it was going to happen at some point, but he got some relief from the face that Teayre's crystal was still green. It wasn't like the thought to kill someone had not been something on his mind since being in SAO. In fact one of his good friends, Lowenthal, had recently become an orange player. From what he know of the boy, he had a good head on his shoulders, and likely didn't do so for ridiculous reasons.

"I understand Teayre, and don't think for a second that I'm one hundred perfect against killing out of self-defense if the threat matches it. But I have thought about it, about what you've said to me...should you see him again."

"Lindow...I really could have used a hand, but he's gone now. I've got to logically think through this..."

He gave a calming breath before continuing, "Please don't consider me cynical for this, but this 'tactic' is mainly out of concern for both of us. I know that should you see him again it's likely you'll want to attack immediately for everything he's done, but this game doesn't judge like the real world does. Like you said before, you struck first to save me. Should you end up fighting another player, for whatever reason, you need to think of yourself first. What doesn't matter is the act, it's what happens after..."

"That last string of sentences probably made no sense...I'd better clarify."

"What I'm saying is...should anyone ever attack you...or you feel the need to kill that man...let them try to attack first. For me, there's no point in killing someone if in the end you're worse off than when you started, and being an orange player without access to the safe zones would fall under that category."

After finishing Calrex put a hand behind his head as he looked down for a second, "Sorry if that didn't make any sense."

As Calrex began to speak Teayre found herself staring into the table glaring at her cup of tea. As he went over to make the person attack first the small red head stood up violently causing her tea to fall over and spill. “DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO IF I SEE HIM.” Her voice carried far and she looked around and found several people who were passing by staring at her.

As she looked back down towards Calrex the tea vanished into one thousand different shards and Teayre slowly sank down into her chair again. “S-sorry… I… That wasn’t right of me…” Taking a few deep breaths the girl looks up meeting Calrex’s eyes. “I know what you’re saying I understand what you mean by it, just… I don’t really care Cal, he ruined my life. I turn into an orange player for a bit, until I complete that redemption quest thing at least.” Sighing she looked up at Calrex, “I’m not going to be able to hold myself back if I do see him Cal… I’m sorry I just won’t be able to.” Standing up she offers her hand to her partner a small smile on her face, “Anyways, let’s party up for a bit. It’s been a while.”

Giving a small sigh of defeat Calrex gave a nod, "Yeah, I figured as much."

"At least it was worth a try. I said my piece of advice. In the end it's still up to her to use it or not. Nonetheless at least she knows what to do if she does go orange, and I'll definitely be there to help her on the quest. From what I remember though that quest gets stronger the more people take it, and from what I heard Zelrius with with most of the Azure Brigade commandants, easily completing it. There's no way the system is going to boost the difficulty by a small amount in light of that. Guess I've got more training to do."

Hearing Teayre suggest partying up for a bit he gave a nod and a smile, returning back to his normal self as he finished his drink, "Sure, let's do that. I'm sure you've gotten a hang of the new Sword Arts attacks as well, so let's see what the both of us can do on this floor."

Swiping on his menu Calrex first equipped the Grand Blade, the deep-sea blue sword and sheath appearing on the back of his hip. The Amethyst Charm vanished from his wrist, returning back to the end of the sword's handle as it's original design as a sword charm. Second he equipped the Grand Chariot as the similarly colored full-body armor appeared around his entire person, his face vanishing beneath the stoic appearance of the helmet, with the only facial indicator being the two white slits where his eyes would be. Finally he sent the party request to Teayre as he moved his arms around to loosen them.

"It's been some time since I donned the Grand Chariot, it's good to know that it still fits nicely. Well...who am I kidding the armor changes to fit the avatar no matter what."

"Alright, all set?"

ID: 33325 BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC) MD: 2 (4 – 2 EVA)

As Calrex asked if Teayre was all set she grinned mischievously before flicking down her menu, “Maybe.” Equipping the Oikawa Kanashiki, Red Knight’s Cloak and Slither of Silver she nodded at the bluenette. “Yeah, let’s do this.” Drawing her blade she charged forwards out of the safe zone straight into a group of ant men. Her katana glowed as she moved in three semi circles the blade a blur as the Sword Art: Gen Getsu activated.

Her blade cut through four of the ant men, as she span around them slicing them two more times. Coming to a stop the two nearest her rushed towards the small girl their weapons glowing. Swinging her katana Teayre parries the two blades before rolling backwards as the other two antmen charged in at her weapons flailing. “CAL! You’re up!”

Allies

H:1 Teayre: 114/114 Energy: 15/26 (12 Used, 1 Regened)

H:0 Calrex: 162/162 Energy: 38/38

Enemies AOE Damage: 48 (6 * 8)

Antman 1: 33/81

Antman 2: 33/81

Antman 3: 33/81

Antman 4: 33/81

Edited by Teayre

ID: 33330
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated

As Teayre rushed in and delivered a powerful area of effect attack Calrex gave a nod, drawing his sword. He was getting ready to charge a Sword Art, but as he did he remembered that the past few encounters he fought alone. When he's in a party, it was his job first and foremost to serve as a tank and absorb damage. Flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip he brought it high as the aura chains formed around his armor, building up for his <<Howl>> skill.

Stabbing his sword into the earth the chains erupted from his person as a loud shockwave emanated from him, flying past the ants as their eyes flashed red for a second before turning to face him. Extracting his sword he nodded to Teayre, "Alright, I've got these guys' attention now. Let's finish them off."

HP List
(H:1) Teayre: 114/114 Energy: 15/26 (12 Used, 1 Regened)
(H:3) Calrex: 162/162 Energy: 38/38

Enemies
Antman 1: 33/81
Antman 2: 33/81
Antman 3: 33/81
Antman 4: 33/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33408 BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC) MD: 3 (4 – 1 EVA) LD: 5 (4 + 1 LD)

As Calrex moved in with her letting out a massive howl, drawing the antmen towards him. Teayre pressed her back to his watching as the chains flew out around her. Grinning she moved around Calrex her blade a blur again is the steps she took repeated themselves. Spinning she sliced each of the antmen as each of them raised their weapons to attack. After a moment they all dispersed one by one into the million shards of destruction.

Straightening herself up Teayre dismisses the loot window before looking at her partner. “They don’t seem so tough, although the sword arts tire me out quite a bit.” Smiling she gives him a quick hug resting her head on his chest. “Anyways mister, I did all the work then so it’s your turn on the next lot.” Looking up at Calrex she winks at him giggling.

HP List
(H:2) Teayre: 114/114 Energy: 4/26 (12 Used, 1 Regened)
(H:3) Calrex: 162/162 Energy: 38/38

Enemies AOE Damage 48 (6 * 8)
Antman 1: -15/81
Antman 2: -15/81
Antman 3: -15/81
Antman 4: -15/81

Loot

4 x Materials

Edited by Teayre

ID: 33513
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dic: 3 (Evasion +2) = 2
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 26 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he used his <<Reveal>> skill to spot the next group of enemies. A short distance away was a troop of soldier ants, each one bearing a simple sword, "Alright then, go ahead and take a break for now. I've got this one."

Taking a few steps forward he went into the stance needed to activate his currently most powerful area of effect Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Placing his left foot forward, he moved his arms so that his upper bod was in a stance similar to a billiard's player when they were getting ready to shoot, with his sword substituting the pool cue. As he locked into position the Grand Blade lit up in a light blue hue as he gave a calming breath before releasing the attack.

Feeling his body fly forward Calrex caught the formation in the middle, his first driving stab piercing two of the ants before he whirled around, stabbing one to the right as he spun before delivering another quick jab to the one on the left. Finishing the attack he gave a calming breath as he weaved between retaliatory blows from all four, "Heh, well I can't one shot these guys just yet, but I can certainly deal a lot of damage to them."

HP List
Calrex: 162/162
Teayre: 114/114

Enemies:
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 1: 21/81 (10 DMG * 6 Art = 60 DMG)
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 2: 21/81 (10 DMG * 6 Art = 60 DMG)
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 3: 21/81 (10 DMG * 6 Art = 60 DMG)
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 4: 21/81 (10 DMG * 6 Art = 60 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33617 BD: 10 (Nat) [+2 DMG] LD: 11 (10 + 1 LD)

Teayre watched as her fiancée started to take on the next set of mobs. The effortless way he dived straight into the centre of all four of them and dashed around cutting and slashing at the antmen. A smile made her way onto her lips as the beautiful swordsmanship unfolded before her. Her eyes fixated on one of the ants that had started to make its way around behind Calrex.  Her blade drawn Teayre kicks off the ground and starts running towards it.

As she neared it the mob turned to face her, her eyes glinting Teayre ducked underneath its blade her katana cutting through its right leg. Spinning Teayre lets the system take over her as she begins her next flurry of assaults.  Her blade moving so fast that ever though she was holding it the red head could only feel where it was aiming for.  As the Sword Art: Wa Shu came to an end Teayre found herself leaping up and slicing the creature in half before smiling at Calrex, her face the perfect picture of innocence. “He was going to hit you from behind…” Taking a step back Teayre looked down at the ground kicking her foot against it despite the danger.

HP List

Enemies:
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 1: 21/81

(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 2: 21/81

(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 3: 21/81

(H: C 1 / T 2) Soldier Ant 4: -29/81 50 DMG (5 Art * 10(8 + 2))

1 Material

81 * 5 Col = 405

Edited by Teayre

ID: 33628
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1
Miss Occured (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 25 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as Teayre eliminated the ant that was coming at him from behind, "Sure thing, thanks."

Bringing his sword to the side he was beginning to charge up the Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> to finish off the three remaining enemies, but as he did he saw all three come at him, their weapons at the ready as each delivered a slashing attack. Quickly breaking the charge stance he rolled to the side as the blows cut into the ground below him as he kicked out back into a standing position, "Alright, just bide my time for another opening to activate my Sword Art. These three will go down in one blow if I time it just right."

HP List

Enemies:
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 1: 21/81
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 2: 21/81
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 3: 21/81
(H: C 1 / T 2) Soldier Ant 4: -29/81

Edited by Calrex

ID: 33709 BD: 10 (7 + 3 ACC)

As Calrex dodged the ants attack Teayre took advantage of the exposed back of one of the mobs to slash her blade across it cutting deeply electing a squeal as it turned to face her. Smiling mischievously Teayre moved so her back was pressed against Calrex’s. “Sorry, it looked like fun.” Parrying several blows that came in from her side she spoke to her fiancée. “So after we’ve done this bit of training I’m going to stay here for a bit and go over my katana basics. Want to meet up after that and discuss payment for that item Cal?” Ducking Teayre parries a blow so that it skims her partner’s hair.

HP List
Teayre: 114/114 Energy: 0/27 (1 Used, 1 Regen)

Enemies:
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 1: 21/81
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 2: 21/81
(H: C 1 / T 1) Soldier Ant 3: 13/81 - 8 DMG

Edited by Teayre

ID: 33711
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Energy Recovered / 18 Remaining)

"Practicing for the boss fight I'm guessing? Sure I can meet up with you afterwards. Now you might want to step back for a second."

Lowering his stance Calrex brought his sword across his body, lowering his stance. As he felt his body lock into the position for activating the <<Vertical Square>> Sword Art he felt it quickly charge as the soldier ants closed in. Each one managed to get a quick hit on him, but the blue-haired player shrugged off the blows as he fully charged his attack, releasing it as his first and second strikes ripped through the first ant, coming down and cleaving the second in half vertically before he cut the third horizontally.

Each of the creatures were still for a second before they burst into crystals as he gave a sigh, sheathing his blade as he spoke in a lighthearted tone, "Well that didn't end well for them."

"Course that's nothing significantly different than what I've done in the past. Of course these ones hit harder than my other battles, but nothing to worry about just yet."

Loot List
3 Materials

HP List
Calrex: 156/162 (DMG 33 (3) - MIT 31 (3) = 6 DMG)
Teayre: 114/114 Energy: 0/27 (1 Used, 1 Regen)

Enemies:
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 1: -11/81 (DMG 8 * Art 4 = 32 DMG)
(H: C 1 / T 0) Soldier Ant 2: -11/81 (DMG 8 * Art 4 = 32 DMG)
(H: C 1 / T 1) Soldier Ant 3: -19/81 (DMG 8 * Art 4 = 32 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

“Well that didn’t end well for them.”

Teayre shook her head, “No it didn’t.” Turning the girl reaches up and hugs her fiancée around the neck before planting a kiss on his armour. “It did for us though. Anyway mister, payment for that item. What you going to do about it?” Releasing Calrex Teayre begins to head back towards the safe zone. Flicking Oikawa Kanashiki out to the side removing any of the grime from it even though the blade stayed perfectly clean in the game the red head then sheathed it. As she reached the fence signifying the safe zone she waited there for her fiancée offering her hand to him as he approached.

(2 Posts Left Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered, 19 Remaining / 3 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as he swiped on his menu, switching the Grand Chariot out for the Grand Dragoon as he followed behind Teayre, placing his hands in his jacket pockets, "Hm, the payment for the Tide Pendant? I'm still not sure. It's really whatever you feel would be worth it. If need be I can alway go and get you some more materials right?"

Reaching their destination Calrex gave a nod as he accepted his fiancee's hand, "Of course once we do get the marriage quest done that might not be as necessary since we'll have a shared inventory. Guess that means I'll have to come up with some other way to make it up to her once that happens."

HP List
Calrex: 159/162

Edited by Calrex

“I’ve already told you what I want Callie-kun… It’s not materials or col…” Teayre paused blushing as she looks up at Calrex, “I just want to be with you and know that you’re always safe.” Pulling herself on his hand Teayre wraps herself up in his arms hugging the boy tightly her face nestled into his chest. Peeking up at him she giggles, “Although I do need some more materials. I’m trying to make a load of overhealths for the boss fight, give our tanks and you some more soaking.” Looking up she tiptoes and kisses his lips, meeting his eyes sternly. “I’m not having you die on me okay?”

Edited by Teayre

(1 Post Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered, 20 Remaining / 3 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as he listened to Teayre's response, "Some more materials? Sure, I think I've got enough energy in me right now for possibly another fight, unless you want to rest up a bit and recover. It shouldn't be much longer before our energy reserves are back to max again."

Looking back towards the fields he gave a small exhale as he smiled, "Of course, I have no intention of dying anytime soon, especially not in this game."

Wrapping his fiancee up in a hug he rested his face in the crook of her neck, "Don't you go dying on me either Teayre."

HP List