[PP:F12] Scouting for 12th Floor (Calrex, Teayre & Ariel)

Teayre watched from the entrance of the boss room as her team mates filed in around her, slaughtering the boss before any of her party even had the chance to move. Looking over at Calrex she smiles before heading through the room whilst the others were cheering on for their killing of the boss. “It was too easy. It’ll only get harder from here, I need to train I need to work hard so that I can actually be of use in a boss fight and not just be pushed to the side.” As she strutted off Teayre found herself walking up the spiral staircase to the next floor seeming daunting, but she sighed gently before pressing forwards.

Flicking her finger down in front of her Teayre brings her menu up and leaves the boss raid party before sending an invite to Calrex. She also sends him a quick pm.

Subject: Boss Room

Cal, let’s find the 12th floor boss room and show them we aren’t useless. I’ll wait for you at the top of the stairs.

After hitting send Teayre draws her katana watching as the buffs she had on for the boss vanish from her status bar. Her footsteps echoed as the stairs seemed to go on for quite some time. When she eventually reached the exit the sun was shrouded beneath several dark clouds and rain was pouring down. A small smile came to her face as a gust of wind came through the floor. “So the first thing I find is a storm on the new floor… Guess this will be interesting”  As she spoke Teayre moved to one side waiting for her fiancée to come.

Edited by Teayre
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the wake of the <<Forsaken Crusader>>'s destruction Calrex gave a small sigh as he lowered the Grand Blade. The battle was over almost before it began, with the people he had suspected carrying the victory. The boss only made it down to the second of the boss squads, with Ssendom dealing a powerful finishing blow. Nonetheless, he was glad that everyone survived as he summoned his sword's sheath, placing it back on the back of his hip.

"Nice work everyone. Let's keep up this momentum."

Exiting the boss room he looked down in surprise to see that Teayre had sent him an invite to immediately get started scouting the twelfth floor. A smirk coming across his face he immediately rushed up the staircase to the floor above, emerging out into the swampy terrain. Looking over at Teayre he gave a wave before finishing his trek over, "No rest for the wicked right? Let's get this done and get the next boss found."

ID: 34475 BD: 6 (3 + 3 ACC) MD:

Smiling at Calrex Teayre wraps her arms around him and squeezes for a short while as they near each other. “What did you expect from me? I did no damage and I didn’t take any either.” Her eyes stared off into the distance where a few plumes of smoke could be seen amidst several trees on a lake. Teayre began to follow the trail downwards her hand entwined with Calrex’s as she did so. The murky waters that surrounded her sent a shiver down her spine, yet it still brought a smile to her lips. “It’s beautiful…”

Turning to face the blue head she lets her hand drop free from his. “Say Cal, what do you suppose the monst-“ Halfway through her sentence an alligator had launched itself from the water at Teayre its jaws clamping around on her leg. Letting out a loud scream the red haired girl finds herself being tossed and turned as she was dragged down to the water line. Her hand flying to the Oikawa Kanashiki’s hilt she draws her blade a blue glow shimmering around it as the weapon flies from the sheathe as Tsuji Kaze activates. The attack slicing through the overgrown lizards head freeing her foot. “CAL!” Teayre calls out whilst scurrying backwards up the bank.

HP LIST
Calrex:
169/169 Energy: 41/41
Teayre: 101/133  DMG [(12 * 3)+1 DMG – 5 MIT] Energy: 25/32

Alligator: 24/48 24 DMG ((4 * 9) – 12 MIT) - Stunned

Edited by Teayre

Seeing the boss being taken cared instantly should be a reason for celebration but a certain blonde wasn't feeling like celebrating at all. In fact the grip on her rapier was so strong, a <<Martial Arts>> skill half activated, threatening to break the weapon's leather hilt. The first two groups finished the boss and adjacent party in a blink. As she watched, rage and adrenaline invaded her veins as she clenched her teeth as hard as she could.

Next she saw Teayre and Cal run off after a quick exchange of looks. "Not going to fall behind now!" she muttered as she started running after them, they were quick but Ariel had trained hard enough by running almost every day after her jungle born companion. With feline agility she caught up to them and was amazed by the view: 'This place looks like floor 8' she though as she closed in on them. She saw teayre getting attacked by a alligator but was still a bit far to use a skill.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 34487
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) =7
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11
Sword Art <<Vorpal Strike>> Activated (5 Energy Used / 36 Remaining)

Seeing Teayre get nabbed by the alligator Calrex quickly drew the Grand Blade, almost instinctively rushing forward as he activated his <<Vorpal Strike>> Sword Art. Right after his fiancee got free of the creature the pulsing yellow glow surrounding his sword slammed into the alligator as he shoved it a good five paces, each pulse of the aura seeming to slam into the monster before it dissipated into crystals.

Giving a small sigh of relief he sheathed his sword before walking over and helping Teayre to her feet, "You alright? That thing came out of nowhere. It looks like the swampy waters might hide the enemies within, so we'd best be careful."

Activating his <<Reveal>> skill Calrex began to scan through the waters to see if there were any other monsters lying in wait. Seeing none around at the moment he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "For now let me take point. I can take most of the hits and likely see the enemies before they show up. Best to scout safely right?

HP List
Calrex: 169/169 Energy: 36/41
Teayre: 101/133 Energy: 25/32

Alligator: -4/48 (8 DMG * 5 Art – 12 MIT = 28 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

A flash of blue hair went past her as Teayre looked up she saw Calrex offering her hand taking it the red haired girl stood up and gave him a quick hug before nodding. “Yeah I am, just didn’t expect that at least we know what to look out for now.” As she turned around to walk up to the path the sight of blonde hair caught her eye. Waving Teayre runs over to where Ariel is coming down the path and gives her a hug. “A-Chan!”

Stepping back slightly Teayre nods at Calrex in agreement. “Yeah we’d best do this as quickly and safely as possible. You going to come with us to find the Boss room Ariel?” Flicking her menu down Teayre sends the blonde an invite. “It shouldn’t take too long with the three of us.” Her eyes scanned back down along the banks of the river the murky water now seeming ever so calm. “Watch out for the edges of the water as I just got attacked by an alligator.”

1/25 Monsters Dead

The blonde looks as Cal, Teayre's shinning knight in blue, saves her from harm's way. With a smile she accepts and embraces the redhead back. "T-chan... nice work on the boss fight guys! We did great!!!!" she almost shouted, her voice filled with remaining anger. Then accepts the party invite " I'll gladly join ya. Me and Cal have to make up after the previous fail" she said looking at the blue clad man. Their previous scouting attempt went.... it was not bad it just saturated and they got bored or too late, the blonde likes to think the later.

"Yeah I saw when you got rescued by prince charming over here, a real knight huh?" she said with a bit of a smirk. She then looks at the surroundings: "This place is pretty gloom eh? reminds me of the of the 8th floor." she said as she went browsing through her inventory that she prepared for the boss fight.

Looking back Calrex gave a friendly smile as Ariel appeared behind him. He made note of the underlying aggravation in her voice, sympathizing, "She's likely disgruntled a bit from not contributing anything to the battle. I can understand, it's like they didn't even need us there."

"Sounds good to me. I guess that means I'm on aggro duty right?"

He gave a smirk as he turned back to face the direction they needed to go. Giving a small breath he persisted the activation of his <<Reveal>> skill as he took point for the team. He followed by speaking in a lighthearted tone, "I've noticed this thing isn't perfect. Some monsters can still jump at me from my blind spots, so I'm counting on you guys to cover those alright?"

Swiping on his menu his Grand Dragoon armor became replaced by his old stand-by gear, the Grand Chariot. His entire body became encapsulated by the deep-sea blue plate as he opened his eyes.

Swapped out Grand Dragoon and Tide Pendant for Grand Chariot
EVA is now 2
Total LD Bonus is now 2
MIT is now 31

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34520 BD: 8 (5 + 3 ACC) MD: 9 LD: 18 (16 + 2 LD)

“You’re always on aggro duty Callie-kun, or did you forget that?” Gently tugging on his arm Teayre pokes her tongue up at him. As they continued to walk along the banks of the river the red haired girl moved her hand away from Calrex’s arm placing it on the hilt of her katana. The water either side of them rippled before several alligators leapt out of their jaws clenching down on each person. Two of them had managed to lock onto Calrex’s armour, one tore through Ariel’s leg armour and the final one landed on top of Teayre swiping her with her tail.

Shoving the alligator off of her Teayre stands up breathing slowly as she circles her katana around her. Noting the location of each mob Teayre begins to turn her blade fast. Her <Charge> skill activating as she flicks between each one the wind from her blade causing the beasts to release their grip as they were knocked up into the air. As each one came down around the purple glow of her katana cut through them. Standing back up she looks at her too close friends. “Are you two alright?” Before sheathing the Oikawa Kanashiki with a faint click.

Calrex: 159/169 10 DMG ((36 *2) +2  – 31 MIT*2)
Teayre: 75/133  32 DMG [36 + 1 Crit – 5 MIT] Energy: 7/32
Ariel: 125/137 12 DMG [36 + 1 Crit – 25 MIT]

Alligator 1: -3/85 88 DMG ((9 + 2 )*10 - 22 MIT)
Alligator 2: -3/85 88 DMG ((9 + 2 )*10 - 22 MIT)
Alligator 3: -3/85 88 DMG ((9 + 2 )*10 - 22 MIT)
Alligator 4: -3/85 88 DMG ((9 + 2 )*10 - 22 MIT)

5/25 Monsters Dead

LOOTS:
4 x Materials
4 x (85 * 5) col = 1700 Col

Edited by Teayre
  • ID#34526  BD: 1   CD:1   MD#1: 10 
  • ID#34526  BD: 1   CD:9   MD#2: 10
  • ID#34526  BD: 4   CD:10 MD#3: 2
  • ID#34526  BD: 10 CD:11 MD#4: 4

The first thing the blonde saw was the water being disturbed by their side. Then the ambush came "Just like on the 11th!" said the blonde as she tried to evade the incoming jaws but was a bit too slow as one of them managed to bite her by the calf of her left leg. Before she knew it the others had received similar injuries and next T started spinning around, evading her allies and striking all the foes. In no time she dispatched all the 4 mobs. "Good job there T" Ariel muttered as she kept an eye on the others. 

Suddenly the waters started rippling again and another group of alligators assaulted them. This time, only two managed to strike, 1 biting on Calrex's blue armor while the other biting at Ariel's vambrace. The armor parts did their work but weren't enough to completely mitigate damage. Next Ariel violently shook the alligator off her and tried to activate a sword art of her own but got blocked mid-casting, canceling the said art, as her black blade lost its blue glow. "These ones are a bit more challenging that the ants from below eh?"

Calrex: 119/169 HP (41/41 Energy)    7 DMG [36 +2 Crit  – 31 MIT] 
Teayre: 75/133 HP  (7/32 Energy)   
Ariel: 112/137 HP   (31/33 Energy)     13 DMG [36 + 2 Crit – 25 MIT]

Alligator#1: 85/85 0 DMG 
Alligator#2:
85/85 0 DMG 
Alligator#3:
85/85 0 DMG
Alligator#4:
85/85 0 DMG 

*to distribute hits I divided the CD in 3 sections [1-4] mob hits Cal, [5-8] mob hits Teayre, 9-12 mob hits Ariel

ID: 34537
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 24 Remaining)

Feeling the alligators chomp down on his armor Calrex made note that his Thorns ability didn't trigger, giving a small sigh, "These things are going to be a constant on this floor huh?"

Shrugging off the damage he quickly leapt in the air, readying the Grand Blade as it lit up with an electric blue aura. As he descended the <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art activated as he stabbed his sword into the ground, sending jolts of lightning at the four creatures as they were knocked back by the attack. Quickly extracting his blade he gave a nod to the two, "Go ahead and finish them off."

"This time we didn't get a chance to draw aggro, plus it would only incur more hits. Better we finish them fast. The next round if I can get their attention Howl will be the first thing I use."

HP List
Calrex: 119/169 HP (24/41 Energy)
Teayre: 75/133 HP  (7/32 Energy)   
Ariel: 112/137 HP   (31/33 Energy)

Alligator#1: 44/85 (9 DMG * 7 Art - 22 MIT = 41 DMG)
Alligator#2: 44/85 (9 DMG * 7 Art - 22 MIT = 41 DMG)
Alligator#3: 44/85 (9 DMG * 7 Art - 22 MIT = 41 DMG)
Alligator#4: 44/85 (9 DMG * 7 Art - 22 MIT = 41 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 34540 BD: 6 (3 + 3 ACC) LD: 22 (20 + 2 LD)

More alligators came surging out of the water one was a short way in front of them blocking their path locking eyes with that one Teayre brought her blade up to her eyes a red glow overrunning on it. As the Sword Art: Zekkai took effect the red head felt her <Charge> skill activating. The crimson blade cut into the lizard piercing its hide as she landed at the other side Teayre looked back seeing Calrex and Ariel dealing with the other three pests she nods flicking her blade out to one side. “Let’s hurry guys we’re almost at the village I think.” Somehow during their fight they’d moved closer to the village. Looking up in between the trees Teayre could make out the tower in which they would soon be.

HP List
Calrex: 119/169 HP (24/41 Energy)
Teayre: 75/133 HP  (1/32 Energy)   (1 Regen, 7 Used)
Ariel: 112/137 HP   (31/33 Energy)

Alligator#1: -11/85 55 DMG ((9+2)*7 – 22)
Alligator#2: 44/85 
Alligator#3: 44/85 
Alligator#4: 44/85

LOOT:

1 x Material
1 x Bonus Material
850 Col (10 * 85)

Edited by Teayre
  • ID#34545  BD: 6 (2+2 Acc+2 BD 'Savvy/LM' )  CD:7   MD#2: 1
  • ID#34546  BD: 7  CD:8   MD#3: 4(6-2 Eva)
  • ID#34547  BD: 4  CD:10 MD#4: 4(6-2 Eva)

Seeing how this group kept pressing on, she quickly pulled one of the damage enhancement crystals from her inventory. In the next instant she smashed it with the palm of her left hand against the black blade of her rapier. In the next instant the weapon showed a golden glow as the effect of the item imbued the weapon. "Okay there is goes!" said the blonde as she took a step to the right in order to get the mobs more or less in her area of effect as she slashed her weapon in a large V pattern, leaving a blue imprint in midair as red slash marks appeared on all the mobs. She didn't do much judging from the HP gauges. This made the blonde bit her lower lip, pulling another item from her inventory, she tossed it to Teayre. "Catch!" it was a sports drink (+4 Energy) she took from Takao for the boss fight.

HP List
Calrex: 119/169 HP (24/41 Energy) 
Teayre: 75/133 HP  (1/32 Energy)  
Ariel: 112/137 HP   (28/33 Energy)[1 Regen/ 4 Used] Sword Art: (4) Sweep - 2x1*(10+3+2) & AOE

Alligator#1: Dead
Alligator#2: 26/85 (30-22)
Alligator#3: 26/85 
(30-22)
Alligator#4: 26/85 (30-22)

ID: 34551
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detet +2) = 12 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 13 Remaining)

Seeing that the battle was beginning to drag on Calrex quickly readied his <<Sharp Nail>> Sword Art, assuming the stance for it. As the technique activated he flew forward before piercing the second alligator twice, followed by a single jab to each of the remaining monsters. Once the attack completed each monster burst into crystals as the Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh, flicking the Grand Blade back to his side, "Nice work you two. We'd best get moving, unless you guys need to recover your energy. I have a feeling that the others won't be far behind. I'm pretty sure everyone's anxious to get to the next floor after that display at the boss fight."

"Yeah, hopefully I'll at least be able to contribute something in the next one. In any case once this is all done I'd better get back to training."

Loot List:
3 Materials
Bonus Loot: 1275 col (Mob Health 85 (3) * 5 col = 1275 col)

HP List
Calrex: 119/169 HP (24/41 Energy) 
Teayre: 75/133 HP  (1/32 Energy)  
Ariel: 112/137 HP   (28/33 Energy)[1 Regen/ 4 Used] Sword Art: (4) Sweep - 2x1*(10+3+2) & AOE

Enemies:
Alligator#1: Dead
Alligator#2: -6/85 (9 DMG * 6 - 22 MIT = 32 DMG)
Alligator#3: -6/85 (9 DMG * 6 - 22 MIT = 32 DMG)
Alligator#4: -6/85 (9 DMG * 6 - 22 MIT = 32 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

A small smile coming to her lips as Teayre watches Calrex and Ariel finish off the alligator’s that had jumped them. “Let’s keep moving I can regen enough energy on the way.” Taking the drink Ariel had tossed over to her Teayre throws it back. “I’m alright, still got all my boss fight supplies…” Kicking a nearby tree Teayre lets out a sigh as she passes through the town the red haired girl grimaces before pressing onwards through the place. “This is… eerie.” Keeping her hood pulled up Teayre swiftly moves through the town shivers running down her back. Stepping out the other side she squints being able to see the entrance to the tower in the distance. "Cal, what do you think of that town?"

ID:34561  BD: 7(5+2)  MD: 4 (6-2)

Seeing Cal finish the mobs, she once again shows a wry smile. "nice work.. sure. even before SAO I specialized in 1vs1... fighting groups is just not my thing." reaching the town, Ariel silently follows the two. They appeared to have their energy drained while she still had a good deal of it. "You guys rest a bit, I need to make amends with myself" she said as she unsheathed her blade and walked towards the large tower in the distance. "Don't worry about me, I'm not crazy enough to go in alone. I'll be nearby the town, venting on the nearby mobs." with that she exited the safe zone and went towards the nearest mob she could spot.

It was a hideous zombie-like creature, it retained a bit of its original form, an elk or deer. But now it was a mass of rotting flesh on 4 legs, it didn't spot Ariel yet. Clenching her teeth, the blonde began lowering her stance and activated two things simultaneously: a sword art and a sword skill. She charged towards it and slammed her first trike directly into its heart area. Then continued with 5 more stabs to vital points, at a extreme speed  the first three being vertical thrusts, and the latter three being horizontal thrusts, creating a figure of a cross in a red color across its body. The mob had been send backward and went into pixels in a flash. "Is not enough!" she said...."It's still not enough!!!!" she shouted, looking for her next target.

Ariel: 112/ 137 [23/33 Energy] Sword art: (6) Crucifixion - 6x1*(13+2)

Zombie Elk: 0/60 (75 - 15) 

Total Monster count: 9 / 25

(Two Posts Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as Ariel said that he and Teayre should rested up for a bit, "Sounds good. Just let us know if you need a hand. I've still got enough energy in me got a couple more strikes before I would be out."

Looking around the area he gave a nod as he moved closer to his fiancee to give her some comfort, "Yeah, this one seems borderline tenth floor level of eeriness. Nonetheless, if this is considered a safe zone we can probably rest a little easier. As for that tower."

He gave a calming breath as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, checking to see if it fell into the vision's range. Unfortunately, it was still a decent distance off, as the skill cut out at least half of the distance over, "Looks like we're still a bit too out of range for me to get a good look through it. We'll need to get closer. Oh well, no one said scouting was going to be easy, right?"

Peeking at his energy bar he saw the first flash, indicating that his out of combat recovery had initiated, "Shouldn't be long now before we're back to full strength. How're you holding up?"

HP List
Calrex: 125/165

Nodding at Ariel as she made her way out Teayre followed her staying close to Calrex however gripping his hand. “I liked the tenth floor, it reminded me of  a haunted house…” Her feet dragging slightly Teayre stopped for a moment bringing up her inventory. Taking an item from her shop the ‘Finder’s Keepers’ Teayre placed the item over her neck next to the Slither of Silver. As she did so she felt the Red Knight’s Coat shimmer and vanish and pop back up in her inventory. “Right guys, I’ve got no mitigation or evasion now so you’ll have to do all the tanking for me…” Selecting the Meat Haunch that she had recently acquired from Takao’s shop Teayre tucks in feeling the delicious meat dance on her taste buds. Smiling she offers one to her fiancee “I'm alright, this meat is really good would you like one?”

Meat Haunch Consumed - +2 LD For duration of Thread

Red Knight’s Cloak – Unequipped
Finder’s Keepers – Equipped +1 Rank Search and Detect, +1 LD

Stat update
MIT = 0 / EVA = 0 / LD = + 6 

Her desire wasn't satisfied, her anger still wasn't quenched. Like some sort of predator, the blonde was searching for her next game, her spirits have been in a constant downfall for a while now: first, two of her best friends went missing... next the 10th boss fight happen, she wasn't allowed to join because the guild she was in didn't like not being in charge of the fight. Recently, after discovering the 11th boss room, Oikawa, one of her oldest friends in SAO, went missing as well. Until now several more friends like Alyss went MIA and showed no signs of life whatsoever. Her morale was in a fragile state but she managed to find some twisted refuge in slaughtering the mobs located at the 10th floor. Again and again, she would fight those undead things, unwillingly bathing in their blood and in the cavern's darkness. At least she regain some stability before the 11th boss fight and attended it, only to watch as it was defeated like a mere fly before she even had a chance to pick up her weapon.

The blonde would seek some mental balance in the only thing she knew it worked. Killing mobs but she didn't want to show this twisted side of her to her friends. Right now her face was mildly twisted as she searched for something...anything to kill. Her prayers had been listened as a large frame entered her field of vision. With a pleased smile she instinctively activated her charge skill and impaled the mob, next she used the most powerful skill she possessed on it. Spinning around and stabbing frantically with every occasion, the combo count reached up to 13!

ID# 34567  BD: 7 (5+2)  MD: 4  LD: 12

Ariel: 112/ 137 [11/33 Energy] Sword art : (13)Over Radiation - 13x1*(13+2)

Zombie Elk: 0/155 (195 - 40 )  Loot: 1 Material & 775 col  (5*155)

Total Monster count: 10 / 25

(One Post Remaining Until Full Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as Teayre swapped out of her light armor, opting for an item that appeared to boost her chances of finding items, much like his own Search and Detect Skill, "Oh, sure I'll give it a try."

He gave a smile as he readied himself for the consumable she had offered him, keeping an ear out for and calls for help from their blonde teammate. In fact the exact opposite was nearby, as the sounds of combat and steel piercing flesh being prominent, "Huh, guess that mean's she's doing just fine so far. Still, I can't say that the speed of the last battle sits well with me. Guess that the pride of a swordsman getting hurt or something. Nonetheless, like Lindow said the survival of the players comes first and foremost, with honor and glory being the last thing I need on my mind. I don't need to be in the limelight or have some kind of reputation, because that just attracts too much unwanted attention and distractions."

HP List
Calrex: 131/165

Meat Haunch Consumed - +2 to LD

Edited by Calrex