[OP-F1] The Woes of A Shy Girl ~ Complete!

Eliziana sat in a park in the Starting City on a bench. Well, more like she was laying on it, as tons of passerby moved around her, doing their own thing, adventuring and the like. She stared at the sky, trying to enjoy the quiet of the park while also ignoring that there were other people around her. She just imagined them as NPCs, all going about scheduled routines. Occasionally, an odd conversation would break out between players and break her from this mental acknowledgement of where she was, but soon she would settle back into the thought that they were just more NPCs following a new script. Heck, the reason she was even laying on the bench was so some other person didn't get the idea to actually sit down. She was just tall enough to take up most of the bench, and that suited her just fine.

Occasionally she would pull out her dagger, and stab at the sky, as if that made her feel better. She felt so useless just hiding in the Starting City, but she couldn't approach people to party with her, and she was too scared to do anything by herself. She was also too scared for people to approach her. She was just all around a mess. She gave a sigh, as she held her dagger to her chest and just stared at the sky.

Edited by Eliziana

"Hi." The simple word came from behind the bench. Peaking over the side, the young player waved down at the girl who had claimed the seat as her territory while offering up a smile. Watching people was just sort of what he did with his spare time and today had been no exception. How long had he been there? He couldn't say for sure. Somewhere within the range of a couple minutes to an hour was all that came to mind. Being the hero that he was, he couldn't just leave people in such low spirits and sprang at every opportunity available to interact with others in the day-brightening process. Even if it meant coming off as somewhat creepy at times. "Couldn't help but hear some sighing over here. Why so glum?"

Eliziana had been busy playing with her dagger again, though she knew that was a bad idea. As such, she hadn't noticed the person who had decided to approach her and when he waved a hand over her, she accidentally stabbed at it, causing the safe zone barrier to fire, sending her reeling off the bench. Her dagger skidded away from her and she blinked at the sky from the ground. "W-what..." she managed to mumble, having seemed to forget about the rules of the game for a moment. She sat up, and then looked over at the young man who had waved his hand at her. She blinked again, and then turned a bright red from embarrassment. Slowly, she stood and grabbed her dagger, before walking back over to the bench, sitting on it sideways to look at the young man standing there that had approached her. She was wide eyed, and when she opened her mouth, words didn't seem to actually want to come out. Finally she looked away and down at the bench, "N-not glum... just. A bit p-pointless."

He stared at her for a moment as if trying to process what exactly she meant. Anything that happened wasn't considered pointless through his eyes. Every meeting and battle held some sort of meaning in the grand scheme of things and each experience only served to give one even more meaning. "Whaaaat? Everything has some point to it." He said before turning his gaze back toward the players that would stroll through the area. Most people would travel in groups ; laughing, talking, swapping information. It reminded him of the days when he hadn't done anything save for lounge around the starting city while other players were felling floor bosses. A soft smile grew across his face and he quickly fumbled through his menu only to have a text window show up in the girl's field of vision seconds later.

Invite

Seul has invited you to his party.

Accept?

Yes (O)            No (X)

Eliziana hadn't looked back to Seul as he talked. Finally, a text window had popped up in front of her, and she gave a surprised gasp. "Ah..." was all she managed, as she stared at it. Nobody has ever invited me to a party in this game before. Not that I've ever really been in the public enough to give them the chance... she thought to herself, as she stared at it. As she stared at it, all she wanted to do was run away. But if she ran away the window would just follow her. Finally, she looked to Seul, and then back to the window again. She didn't want to be rude, but... She raised a finger. It hovered in front of the window. She wasn't sure if these things were timed, but if they were, surely she'd be getting close to the end of the timer, she was taking so long. Finally, she sucked in a chestful of air and held her breath as she pressed the light blue circle.

"Alright!" He called while raising clenching a fist a nd flashing a smile. It was so much that he was ignoring her obvious discomfort to the whole situation; more like he was just oblivious to it. It wasn't the first time he approached a random player before and it certainly wouldn't be the last. "Now since that's taken care of, we're ready for some adventure... Um... Eliziana!" Hopefully she wouldn't have been freaked out over the last part while he tried to pronounce her name. It had appeared in the corner of his vision under his own after she accepted the invite, so it was more of a reflex than anything to look there. "Anyway, what do you wanna do?" He had taken note of her equipment and level and as it turned out she was still only working with the bare basics. Being a dagger user like himself, he could only speculate on how she would build her character.

Eliziana just sat there, and blinked at Seul. When he asked what she wanted to do, she stared at him for a long time as the thought crossed her mind to answer, 'I want to run away. I want to run away really far and hide...' but she kept that to herself. She gave him a nervous chuckle in response and shrugged, "Uh. I don't know... I've never actually been out of the city before..." As she said this, she glanced towards the distant gates that signaled the end of the Town of Beginnings, and sighed. "I've... also never partied before." She looked down at the ground as she gave one more admission, "Or even talked to anyone but NPC innkeepers..."

'Now is when you run.' she mentally coached herself, but, in the end she just sat there staring at the ground, frozen on the bench.

This woman hadn't done anything till now; how was that even possible? In his time here, Seul was out just about everyday finding things to occupy his time. Fighting monsters, scavenging materials, making allies. There was no time to waste. He couldn't imagine how difficult it would've been if he had just remained in the city. Despite the situation being somewhat depressing, it was out of there hands. At least for now at least. That was still no reason not to make the most of this time. The world outside was vast, so if he could do anything to help her then he wasn't going to reset until he could. "Well, looks like there's a first time for everything. To the outside!" He said before pointing off toward the gates.

Edited by Seul

Eliziana stared off at the gate that Seul was pointing to. She sat paralyzed on the bench at the thought of leaving the city. She then slowly turned back to Seul, "A-aaaahhhh...." was all she managed as she let out the air that she had been holding while staring at the gate. "I... I really don't like that idea." She gave a bit of a shiver, despite that it wasn't even cold and said, "C-can't we just... do something else...? In town?" She didn't want to get up from the bench until he agreed. Though a part of her worried that if she got up from the bench she would just get led off towards the gate anyway. 'Better to just stay on this bench then. Yep. Staying on the bench forever.' she thought idly to herself.

Casting his eyes downward to think for a moment, he shrugged. Could she really have been that terrified of leaving the city? Must have been from the way she was acting. Turning his attention back to her, a flash came across his eyes as he decided to give in to her request. "I guess so. There's probably cool stuff around the town anyway so it'll be alright." He debated what to do about in place of them leaving town but in the end figured that just walking around would probably be enough if all things were considered. Truth be told Seul hadn't explored a lot of the city as his stay was only brief and the lure of the outside world was too great. With that at least settled, he turned on his heel and beckoned for Eliziana to follow. "Don't worry we're leaving the scary gate area.~"

Eliziana frowned a bit at the way Seul had suddenly started acting. She puffed out her cheeks as Seul turned and motioned for her to follow. His words made her sound like a child. Eliziana stood in a huff and said, "I'll have you know, I'm not a child. I'm a grown woman. I'm allowed to be an adult and be afraid..." She made her way after Seul, now more interested in proving whatever misconception he had about her wrong, rather than simply running away. The important bit is that they were still in the city. With that, Eliziana could be happy.

Eliziana looked around as they walked, calming down a bit, "Do you think we could find music? I've heard a lot of music in the city while I've been here. Mostly just NPCs though. I love listening to it!"

Well, now seemed like as good a time as any to be dramatic. He thought for a moment before idly giving Eliziana a sidelong glance. Despite her protests the fact still remained that they were sticking to the safe route of strolling around town rather than beating the stuffing out of the adorable monsters that frolicked in the fields outside. "Oh, that's right you're a woman not a child! Well don't worry mademoiselle. I'm a strong, manly, hero guy; sworn to protect weak womenfolk like yourself from the scary monsters! LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I WON"T LET A SINGLE FRAGILE LADY BE HARMED AS LONG AS I DRAW BREATH!" Anyway, the memories of his first few days in the game haunted him at the mention of music. That godforsaken quest he had to embark do in order to obtain his profession was interesting to say the least. Though his rank was still low, the mission did help him with not caring about how the other players perceived him, if that counted for anything. "Funny you should mention that..." He said before trailing off. "I happen to have the performer profession, so music is kind of my forte."

Upon Seul's outburst, Eliziana stopped and crossed her arms at the man. "There's a few problems here..." she managed to say, her cheeks reddening a bit in frustration. "First off," she started, her fingers tapping against her arm, "you just called me weak, which I'm not. I'm simply cautious and scared to die, which is a normal fear. Second of all, nothing can hurt me in the city. That's why I wanted to stay here. At least, nobody but a sleep PKer, which is why I always sleep in an inn. Quit treating me like I'm a child, or weak. I'm not going to leave the city just because you think you can protect me or because you want to try to goad me into it. Keep this up and I'll just go find the inn that I stay in and go hide away again, and you'll never see me again. Something tells me you might not even mind that. No doubt you have all the ladies going after the strong, manly, hero guy." She found herself tapping her foot during her little rant, as she was thoroughly annoyed by the way this man, this complete stranger no less, was acting and judging her. She should've gone with her instincts and ran when she had the chance.

Hikoru watched this argument unfold before him, laughing slightly from the rooftops. He wasn't one to usually find amusement in arguments, but this one was overall random and stupid, and the amusement of this made him laugh happily. He silently slid down the side of the roof, landing next to the two people that were arguing

"Alright alright" He said with a small half-smile "What seems to be the problem here you two?" He looked over the two people. And although they both seemed older than him, maybe even the same age, he knew that he had to be the adult of this argument before it got out of hand. If it did, he only knew that either one or both parties would become injured and either one of them or both of them could die, and he wouldn't let that happen

Sousuke had been mapping the area of the first floor and was returning for the day. He was jumping across the rooftops when he heard raised voices. He looked to his right as he jumped across a building completely missing his jump due to the distraction and plummeted to the ground in a heap on the floor. He picked him self up off the floor dusting his casual clothing off which consisted of a plain black long sleeve t shirt and a pair of blue jeans with white trainers. He walked up to the group and instently recognized hikoru from his guild. He walked up behind him and gave him a friendly slap on the back.

"Hey man how you doing what's up don't you recognize me without my mask on?" He asked only half joking.

(OOC: That got heated fast. XD But other people to the rescue!)

"Geez... I was just kidding." He said in a low tone. "But I don't think I'm entirely wrong. If you let this fear control you, you get to stay alive, sure, but remain far from actually living. Heck, as you are now,  you might as well be dead since you're accomplishing just about as much as you would be if you were six feet under: Nothing." For once he felt awkward about an interaction with someone but feeling quickly subsided as others made there way onto the scene. A boy had approached them with what he assumed was curiosity and Seul was set back to his ways. He gave Hikoru a shrug as he averted his attention away from the woman and closed his eyes. "Just an old, married couple fighting is all." He responded in a flat voice that was laced with sarcasm. With that another had shown up, but  he decided to stay quiet as it wasn't him being addressed by this male.

Edited by Seul

Lilliad grinned, leaning against a tree near the four players. They seemed to be having an overly huge argument about something stupid. She walked over to them. "Old, married, couple, eh?" She smirked. She looked at the older girl. "Hi. Why are you hanging out with these boys and having an argument?" She questioned, acting way older than she really was. What Lilliad really wanted was to have someone to talk to or hang out with, even though there were probably no players her age. I guess I could just try these players, she thought to herself.

((OOC: I'm so sorry everyone! I'll try to keep up on this better from now on!))

Eliziana puffed out her cheeks at the way Seul was acting, and before Eliziana knew it she was surrounded by a whole boatload of other people. At least, that's what it felt like to Eliziana. To her, two people was a boatload, and too many. As the others approached, she backed away a bit defensively, her hand instinctively placed on her dagger, though that would do little good in a safe zone. Not that she was much of a fighter anyway. She knew she'd end up running long before she ended up fighting. She grew a bit breathless as not one, but three additional people joined in, and continued to back away a bit. She shook her head, "N-nothing is wrong... honest..." I shouldn't have drawn so much attention to myself... now everyone is paying attention to us, and Seul by himself was bad enough...

She heard another girl address her directly as she tried to ignore Seul's cruel words, along with the jape about them being an old married couple. Eliziana tried to focus on the girl as she said, "W-well... they approached me. S-Seul was showing me around t-town..." Her stutter was growing worse with each passing moment as her heart raced. She tried to calm herself, but attempting to do so just ended up making her dizzy.

Lilliad saw the girl stutter. "Don't worry. Just calm down and walk away. Here." She gestured to the tree she was leaning against. It wasn't her type to help others, but she decided to help this girl. "Calm down, okay?" She placed her hands on Eliziana's shoulders. Looking up at her, she looked directly into her eyes. "You'll soon get used to it. I did, and I'm, well, 12." She shrugged. 

Seul shot Eliziana a satisfied smile but shrugged in response to her conversation with the girl. "I should start charging for tours... I could use some extra col." He said with a sigh. Even he couldn't tell if he was being serious or not anymore.  "But kid, I think you're just scaring her more. I mean she looked about ready to gut someone a second ago-" There was little else he could say in a such a situation to contribute. At least not anything that would keep him from getting shanked on the way out of town. The thought of disbanding their party had crossed his mind for a slight moment but quickly faded as he realized there wasn't anything better than watching this woman get bothered by his actions.