PP - F12 Blades of the Knights: Air Lightning (Ssendom)

Teleporting back to the twelfth floor settlement of Lazaro, Calrex appeared in a flash of light as he gave a small sigh. "Well, back here again. I can't wait until the next floor opens, because this one is starting to get a little stale."

A materialization noise could be heard as he saw his familiar, Roc, appear above him as he gave a nod. Heading towards the gates of the town he went and stood by the gate, crossing his arms, "I could go at this alone, but I think it might be more beneficial to bring someone along. I think Teayre's busy on another floor. Hm..."

Swiping through his menu he sent a message to Ssendom, putting his hands into his jacket pockets as the invite to accompany him on a training trip across the swamps was delivered.

"Even with Teayre back from her absence, it still feels like I'm seeing less of her than before. Maybe it's just me. I can't really say I'm not guilty of focusing on training. Maybe I should take it easy for a bit and try to find some fun things to do on the floors that have been unlocked, rather than simply locating area where it is best to practice."

Giving a small sigh he drew the Grand Blade as he twirled it in his hand, moving from a reverse grip to a standard and back. He had definitely grown stronger from the past, but it still didn't feel like enough, "I want to keep her safe, yet I also want her to be able to fight alongside me. Guess it's really true that you 'can't have your cake and eat it too.'"

Shaking his head he snapped out of his thoughts as he resheathed his sword, looking at the fog that was rolling in, "Good thing I've got the Reveal skill. That fog is certainly going to be a hit to visibility if it gets any thicker."

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom appeared in the town of Lazaro after teleporting from his shop upon the ninth floor, he felt somewhat terrible not having returned to the twelfth floor to do some more mob grinding and slaughtering with Calrex and Ariel. Apparently he had a lot more work he needed to do before he returned and got lost in the depths of Tartarus instead gathering gobs and gobs of materials and col.

After seeing a message appear from Calrex asking to do some hunting, to which Ssendom couldn't even possibly decline. He owed the man a Hunting service done with him, and it seemed as though he and Teayre haven't been able to spend much time together. Ssendom had traversed with Teayre not too long ago on the tenth floor killing Skeletons near the blood river.

Once he reached the Ultramarine Knight, he slightly lifted his hand to greet his slowly growing on him friend. "Yo Calrex, how has everything been thus far?" He asked with a slight amount of curiosity, wondering if the man was willing to open up about what might be on his mind. Or if he really just wanted to just focus on hunting and nothing else, since that was to Ssendom's strength. He wasn't exactly popular with women due to his crazed want to fight rentlessly and ruthlessly, plus he was an ass... that never helped. The thought caused him to chuckle lightly.

Calrex looked over as he heard Ssendom's voice from the side, turning to see the brunette as he gave a friendly smile, giving a nod, "Hey Dom, everything's been fine so far. Course I've been busy training, so I haven't really given myself much down time, heh."

"Whatever is going on with my downtime can be put on hold for now. That's stuff I can sort out on my own. Besides, I'm not really one to go passing my worries onto people unless they're really weighing on my mind. If I really need to think about them I can always put aside time to address them properly."

Giving a nod as he pushed off the wall with his foot he took his hands out of his jacket pockets, "In any case, how have things been with you? Last time I saw you was when the two of us and Ariel went and demolished the new field boss. I'm sure a lot's happened since then."

Motioning towards the gates he began to slowly walk alongside the taller player, keeping his right hand rested against the Grand Blade's hilt, "In any case, I figured since we've still got some time before the next floor boss raid, we should probably get ourselves a little bit stronger in order to prepare for any possible unaccounted occurrences. Plus we can practice any combo techniques, like the one we used on that snow beast a while back."

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom shrugged as he agreed with Calrex about not giving one self enough down time. In fact Ssendom had been painstakingly aware that he had been stretching himself thin, even though he kept a straight face in his attitude. It was kind of eating him inside as he wasn't as happy as he had in been awhile back, he focused very diligently on training and being even stronger to be on the front lines.

Calrex broke Dom's train of negative thought with his question on how he was and the last time the two hunted together, "My apologies about that, it was one thing after another. I promised to join you and that Ariel woman for hunting on this floor, but after obtaining my potions and then having to deal with some other affairs. I found myself more than twelve hours into the depth of Tartarus, and came out with over one hundred thousand col. I guess yeah, a lot has happened since then." He finished his elongated speech that seemed to have come out of absolutely nowhere.

He began to walk towards the gate to follow along Calrex, "Well since we have had a good amount of time before the next Floor Boss, lets take this time to power up a bit. I am close to Grandmastering my Greatsword, so I need a small amount of experience to finish that off. Also if you want to trade Col for Materials if you have any on hand. I'm willing to deal." He mentioned to Calrex during their travel.

"No it's perfectly fine. I got busy right after leaving the party as well. At the least we got the quest done, and that was what mattered. We can always rendezvous with Ariel another time when it works out."

Hearing Ssendom speak about obtaining a hundred thousand col Calrex felt like his jaw wanted to drop in shock, "One hundred thousand col? Geezes that's a lot of cash. What in the world did you do to pull that off?"

Giving a friendly smile and a nod he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "Well, we can save the materials for another time. I just recently gave all the ones I had on me to Teayre to assist her crafting, but the next time I get myself a handful of spare materials I'll be sure to let you know. As for your sword, if you're feeling up for it we can work and get that grandmastered. I just recently got my heavy armor mastered, so I need to start gaining more experience for the grandmaster level."

Looking around he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, aiming to discern the location of a good set of enemies for the two to take on, "Just out of curiosity, what do you think you'll end up build-wise once we get to the upper floors? I'm thinking that most likely my skills are going to take more towards a lightning bruiser build."

Ssendom thought over Calrex's question for a bit, wondering what his true build would end up becoming. "Well to start off, the col I gathered deep in the bowels of that prison was all thanks to these shoulder pads." He shifts his shoulder to put emphasis on his dragon head shaped stained glass shoulder pads. "They seem to improve the amount of col I gain in a single kill by intense amount. And with the food that I can make. I can bump up the amount i seem to get by small amount. It's rather crazy, but when I need money I can gain tons and tons of it." He states in an honest manner.

They continue to stroll in what seems like a random direction to Ssendom since he was in all honesty following Calrex. "If I were to think of what my end game build will be in it's entirety. Full Brusier, high damage output with high defenses. I might need to look into picking up some evasion to offset the food I eat, it becomes a pain in my rear when I have to deal with the reduction in my evasion. But that's the price I pay for insane damage output." He finished with a slight bit of frustration in his voice about the entire ordeal, "Anyways, where are we headed to?"

"Yeah, I guess we're one of the few players that decided to round out our stats rather than focusing on one or a few particular aspects. It certainly seems to have worked, heh."

As the two continued further into the swamp Calrex scanned around once again with his <<Reveal>> skill, surveying the area, "I figured that some stronger monsters would spawn around the same area that we fought the sea wyvern, even moreso if we were to explore during the particular point of day when the swamp becomes stormy. Some time back I fought a lesser version of the field boss when I was grandmastering my straight sword skill, so with any luck we might be able to find a few more similar creatures."

The time of day certainly seemed to begin to change to match what Clarex had suspected. Somewhere in the area, the field boss could be spawning for another set of players undertaking the quest, but the entirety of the field zone seemed to be covered in the heavy rain, "Let me know if you spy any particularly large bodies of water. We'll likely find some good monsters to practice in those areas."

"I probably could spot them with my skill, but it does rely on me to actually look around. Reveal doesn't turn me into a walking radar unfortunately."

ID: 36281
Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23 (Materials Found)

As they continued searching Calrex looked down in surprise as he noticed something was stuck to his leg. Looking at his pants he saw that there was some strange kind of seed pod was stuck to the material. Pulling it off the exterior seemed fuzzy, with a strange kind of sliminess at the base of where it was connected to the plant, "Huh odd. I guess it might be useful for cooking or something."

(+1 Material)

OOC: We don't have to actually gather materials. I accidentally used the roller XP. Late night posting fail

Edited by Calrex

(OOC: Sorry for taking awhile. I am almost full health again IRL)

As Ssendom walked along side the Ultramarine Knight, he noticed the rain was beginning to get heavier. "Well we're closing in on the target location, I hope you weren't bored waiting for battle to start?" He chuckled knowing Calrex and Himself were eager for combat, they were warriors down to their very core with varied styles of fighting. When Ssendom began to actually think about it, Calrex was more or less a noble sort of knight one for protection and care for his fellow person. While Ssendom was more of a black knight, reckless and destructive always pushing himself to the absolute limit.

While lost in thought two Wyverns spawned slightly smaller than the Lord of the Seas, towering over the two players. Ssendom noticed the double bars the mobs had, "Well I guess we happened to aggro some special mobs, was this what you were after this whole time?" He asked Calrex with a grin, chuckling the whole time he said.

Both Wyverns having a bit of an advantageous position, they both generated lightning and blasted Ssendom with it. All he did was stand and cackle as the damage didn't even seem to mentally phase him, though his health bar was affected he seemed physically unphased by their attack. His sword glowed it's standard ominous black as he cleaved through both Wyverns instantly taking both of their HP's into the Yellow Zone, "Switch." He exclaimed in an excited voice.

-------------------

ID: 36590
BD: 2 + 3 + 1 (Concentration) = Hit
MD1: 6 + 3 = Hit

ID: 36591
MD2: 6 + 3 = Hit

--------------------

Swamp Wyvern 1: 90/150 HP | 30 MIT | 36 DMG | (60(90) 

Swamp Wyvern 2: 90/150 HP | 30 MIT | 36 DMG | (60(90)

Ssendom: 124/166 HP | 15 MIT | 15 DMG | -3 EVA | 17/29 Energy -12 Fight Blade | (21(36) + 21(36) = 42 DMG) 

Edited by Ssendom

OOC: No worries, glad to hear you're almost back to 100% XD

ID: 36594
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 34 Remaining)

"Heh, not at all. Exploring the floors is entertaining in itself, and having some company makes it all the better."

As the two wyverns spawned Calrex looked forward as Ssendom made his comment, lowering his head as he gave a smirk, "Yep, these are the exact ones I thought would spawn in these conditions. Looks like we get to battle some somewhat formidable enemies after all."

Reaching back for the Grand Blade he detached both sword and scabbard as he brought in front of him, grasping the hilt with his right hand. In one fluid motion he pulled with both arms, extracting the sword and tossing the sheath to the side. As the home of the sword hit the ground it vanished into crystals as Calrex watched Ssendom unleash a powerful area of effect Sword Art which knocked both wyverns back, shrugging off the damage he had sustained from their double attack. His smirk only grew wider as he saw the brunette's display of power, "To think I'm finally on a level that matches the frontliners..."

Hearing his teammates command to switch Calrex immediately targeted the first wyvern as his sword lit alight with a sparkling golden aura, the symbol of his most powerful Sword Art <<Meteor Break>>. Letting the assisted system take over he rushed forward, opening his attack with an fierce tackle to the creature's base, forcing it off balance. Immediately following the attack he unleashed a powerful series of eight cuts before adding yet another tackle. Finishing his barrage he leapt upwards and dropped quickly, executing a powerful falling slash on the creature.

Leaping back Calrex made note that the two knights' combined attack had put the first wyvern at death's door, "Alright, switch!"

HP List
Calrex:
 185/185
   Energy: 34/45 (-11)
Ssendom: 124/166
   Energy: 17/29

Enemies:
Swamp Wyvern 1:
10/150 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 30 MIT = 80 DMG)
Swamp Wyvern 2: 90/150

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom was impressed with how far Calrex had come, the man was always working to get himself stronger and stronger much like how Ssendom was. Calrex was always ahead of Ssendom technically, infact Ssendom was always chasing the others of whom were already Front Liners and even Calrex. The Dreadnought hated the idea of being weak since he worked so hard to reach where he currently was in power. He let his blade glow black again with his Fight Blade Sword Art again powered up.

He rushed forward to get in the dead center of both of the massive beasts. Ssendom swung and struck both beasts with his powerful blade, vanquishing one of the beasts and it exploding into thousands of data fragments. The other one raged and blasted the back of Ssendom with a critical vantage, though the attack still didn't seem to change Ssendom's thought about it at all, even though his hp was well in the yellow zone he didn't even come close to sweating about the possibility of dying. Especially since the other massive wyvern's hp was in the red zone.

He turned his head back to Calrex, "I'll leave you the finishing blow of that one." He said jokingly placing his massive two-handed greatsword upon his shoulder.

-------------------

ID: 36636
BD: 7 + 3 = Hit (Concentration 1/5)
MD2: 10 + 3 = Crit 2
LD: 14 + 1 (1800 Col + 1 Material)

--------------------

HP List
Calrex:
 185/185
   Energy: 34/45 (-11)
Ssendom: 101/166 (-23)
   Energy: 6/29 (-12 + 1)

Enemies:
Swamp Wyvern 1:
0/150 (15 DMG * 6 Art - 30 MIT = 60 DMG)
Swamp Wyvern 2: 30/150 (15 DMG * 6 Art - 30 MIT = 60 DMG)

Edited by Ssendom

ID: 36664
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6 (No Bonus Loot Found)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 28 Remaining)

"Heh, well if you insist."

Calrex gave a small laugh as he watched Ssendom casually rest his massive greatsword over his shoulder, as if he thought the battle was already over. The only time the bluenette himself had some such an act was when he was fighting alongside Oikawa during the <<Long Live the Queen>> repeat the two did. That time the creature was already at death's door, with a Bleed effect already inflicted. Seeing that the monster was going to die whether or not he acted the Ultramarine Knight had simply sheathed his weapon and begun to walk away, ready to take on the next quest.

Rushing forward his blade became covered in a light blue aura as he activated <<Deadly Sins>>. Letting the assisted system take over he flew forward, unleashing a barrage of thrusts that seemed to turn his arm and sword into a blurring cone of movement. Finishing his attack seven holes were created in the wyvern in the shape of the Big Dipper constellation. The creature began to a death roar before it was promptly silenced, dissipating into crystals.

Giving a small sigh of relief Calrex turned back to his teammate, giving an approving nod, "Heh, well we certainly made quick work of them."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex:
 185/185
   Energy: 28/45 (7+1)
Ssendom: 101/166 (-23)
   Energy: 6/29

Enemies:
Swamp Wyvern 1: 
0/150
Swamp Wyvern 2: -10/150 (10 DMG * 7 Art - 30 MIT = 40 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom chuckled at Calrex, "Quick work? You mean annihilated them. The floor boss isn't going to withstand a chance at the combined force the Front Lines if we're tearing through enpowered mobs like these as if they were butter." His chuckle turning into a full blown sinister laugh of sorts. After a moment he cleared his throat and continued walking forward. "Let's find us another group of mobs while my energy replenishes." He says with an earnest tone of voice. He slowly slides his greatsword back into it's scabbard as he kept his focus forward. The phoenix that rested on his shoulder the whole time blew it's purple flame of healing upon Ssendom, sloely turning his yellow bar into a greenish hur.

7/29 (1/3 Out Of Combat Regen)

119/166 (+3 Out of Combat Regen +15 Phoenix Heal.)

(2 Posts Until Fill Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as Ssendom spoke about how quickly they would blow through the next boss fight if they had the combined might of the frontliners represented, "Yeah, I have a feeling it's might even be faster than the Forsaken Crusader, especially if Zelrius decides to use whatever technique he employed on the floor boss. I swear I thought I saw his blade bypass some of the knight's armor. In any case, nothing for me to be concerned with at the moment. Let's go find us some more enemies."

"That skill definitely was impressive though. I have a feeling that even if the crusader had enough mitigation to reduce my Meteor Break to nothing that attack would have still been able to deliver a devastating blow. I wonder if it's some kind of special property similar to the one the Snow Beast had, where it was capable of bypassing a certain amount of mitigation."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he followed alongside the brunette with a casual smile on his face, "Hopefully if this weather persists more lesser field boss-level monsters will spawn. Heck, maybe if we're lucky we'll even be able to find a lesser floor boss-level spawn. That way we can get a bit of a practice round against our upcoming opponent."

Ssendom laughed out loud to what Calrex was hoping would happen, at the end of his laugh all he could do was grin widely, "Oh I hope a Sub-Floor Level Boss spawns in our hunting, I have been hoping for a real challenge and nothing has been able to sate my hunger for that. Heck not even the new strongest quest boss was even able to lay a finger on my bloodlust atm." He confessed to Calrex, he then ripped his greatsword out of it's socket and looked at it as he grinned. He had been thinking that there were far too many players at the previous floor boss fight, so he wasn't able to get into the normal groove that he normally had. He looked over at his teammate for this expedition, "Lets get us some big fish, whataya say?" His grin becoming more sinister at the thought of a good fight.

8/29 (2/3)

137/166 (+18 HP)

(1 Post Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

"Yeah, I can get your meaning. It doesn't seem like we've encountered any decent challenges as of late, heh."

Since the Ultramarine Knight had opted to remove his sheath at the beginning of their adventure, he didn't reproduce the scabbard from his inventory just yet, instead opting to hold the sword in a reverse grip while the two continued onwards. He made note of Ssendom's sinister grin, but after being around the man long enough he was already accustomed to it. It was simply a representation of excitement and anticipation for a real battle.

"I guess it is like one of those old wise sayings, if you get challenged or seek the challenge, you live. But when you no longer do so and simply settle, then you die."

"Definitely. I think if we head towards any of the larger bodies of water its possible we might find a larger creature, since it would only make sense for them to spawn in an area which can support them."

Edited by Calrex

The Ultramarine Knight and The Dreadnought, or Slayer of the Forsaken Crusader. Ssendom didn't really have a good name though for the two of them fighting along side each other. He knew he had a trustworthy teammate along side him, along with a good friend underneath the battle mind that Calrex had. He looked up at the time, and realized what was soon to happen, "Oh yeah, we have that Halloween Event we both signed up for. We need to hurry through all this land and get back to get ready for that and the up and coming floor boss." His excitedness for the floor boss caused him to pick up speed, "Let's go find this Sub-Floor Boss already, I am itching fot a REAL fight!" By the time he was shouting his excitedness, he was in a full blown sprint. Amethyst was trying to keep it's balance upon his shoulder the whole time, all the while trying to keep Ssendom's hp up so he wouldn't be slain by the Sub-Floor Boss.

29/29 (3/3)

155/166 (+18 HP)

(Energy Fully Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as Ssendom reminded him of the Halloween event boss the two were participating in, "Heh, I almost forgot about that. You're right, we should probably speed up our pace. Once we find this sub-floor boss let's hit it with everything we've got, well, at least if we've been pulling any punches so far."

Scanning around he saw a nearby body of water that seemed large enough to support a powerful monster, possibly more powerful than the lesser wyvern he had faced when he had come to the floor on his own in the past, "Hold on Dom, I've got an idea. It's worked before, let's see if it'll work now."

Flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip he raised it high as he gave a calming breath. The Grand Dragoon's pauldrons and poleyns began to emanate a light blue glow as he charged up his <<Howl>> skill, the Grand Blade beginning to also resonate a similar aura. Stabbing it into the ground the aura burst as monstrous roar seemed to explode from his armor, the sound wave powerful enough to push back some of the water contained in the body of the lake outwards.

As the attack ended he extracted his sword as he looked at the waters below, seeing what appeared to be a huge shadow starting to come to the surface, "Alright, looks like we might have that fight we were looking for."

(OOC: Will fix soon)

Ssendom watched his teammate walk up to the massive body of water and use his howl ability, maximizing the effect by channeling it through his armor all the way into his blade then stabbing it into the ground so it could reverberate into the waters. Calrex turned back toward Ssendom's informing the Dreadnought about the fight they had been looking for. All Ssendom could do was grin as he watched the entire body of water bubble up and begin falling off the scales of a massive Alligator. Three bars showed up on the side of the massive beast, which caused Ssendom to cackle, "Now this is more like it!" He shouted in sheer exhilaration, he gripped his sword tight and rushed forward at full speed.

As he was reaching the water the name appeared for the massive beast, 'Azgoth, King of the Swamplands'. Seeing the name and the title that was associated with the monstrosity just got Ssendom more and more excited. His blade began to glow, but the energy seemed to be more unstable as if it were rage incarnate, and instead of it's usual black this time it was a fiery red. Azgoth looked at Calrex and blasted a massive blast of focused lightning into the chest of Calrex. Seeing his friend get blasted by the lightning he rushed forward with his blade in hand, "ASTRAL HELL!" He shouted at the top of his lungs cleaving into the beasts face, he had to concentrate to focus on the beasts attempt to dodge to make sure his attack connected.

------------

ID: 36920
BD: 2 + 3 + 1 = Hit (Concentration 0/5)
MD: 10 = Crit +2

------------

HP List
Calrex:
 150/185 (-35(75))
   Energy: 45/45
Ssendom: 155/166
   Energy: 22/29

Enemies:
Azgoth, King of the Swamplands:

240/275 (-35(105)) | 75 DMG | 70 MIT | Target: Calrex (3 Hate)

ID: 36953
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 33 Remaining)

To Calrex's surprise the creature that had emerged seemed to be more than suitable as an opponent, but its sheer size was the equivalent of whatever floor boss they might be taking on. He gave a smirk, but then was caught off guard as the creature let loose with a lightning strike. Luckily, he had recently strengthened his Heavy Armor skill, seeing that more of the blow was absorbed by the Grand Dragoon than before. In fact, he almost seemed to function like a lightning rod as he saw some of the energy get dispersed into the ground he was standing on.

Seeing Ssendom take the first strike for their time Calrex quickly analyzed the situation, "Most likely this battle is going to be drawn out. Best take the opportunity now and make sure it doesn't get another chance to strike until both of us can get a good shot in."

Rushing after his teammate's attack he executed his <<Nova Ascension>> Sword Art, flying at the creature as he unleashed a barrage of slashes on the creature, his blade alight with a light blue hue. As a finish maneuver he did a full 360 degree spin before jamming the end of his hilt into the creature's snout before leaping back. Checking he confirmed the Stun effect had activated as he gave a nod to the brunette fighting alongside him.

HP List
Calrex: 150/185
   Energy: 33/45 (-12)
Ssendom: 155/166
   Energy: 22/29

Enemies:
(Hate: S 1 / C 3) Azgoth, King of the Swamplands: 220/275 (10 DMG * 9 Art - 70 MIT = 20 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Ssendom watched as Calrex performed a very impressive strike upon the King of the Swamplands, when he focused his view on the creature he noticed that the entire monster flinched unable to react to the attack. Ssendom chuckled and started to force the ferocious glow of his weapon again, "Nice shot, now lets keep up this new Sword Art I have learned." After his blade was in it's rage state seething the pure red energy, he rushed forward at full speed again. He brought his weapon up horizontally and level with his shoulders.

Ssendom leapt up landing on the center of the head of the Azgoth, upon landing he unleashes a fury of strikes that rip through the hp bar of the massive Alligator before leaping back readying himself for the next strike as he slid on the wet turf, "Alright Rex, unleash hell upon the King of the Swamplands!" He shouted to his teammate whom he landed a decent distance from.

------------

ID: 36965
BD: 3 + 3 = Hit (Concentration 1/5)
MD: Stunned

------------

HP List
Calrex:
 150/185
   Energy: 45/45
Ssendom: 155/166
   Energy: 16/29 (-7 +1)

Enemies:
Azgoth, King of the Swamplands:

185/275 (-35(105)) | 75 DMG | 70 MIT | Target: Calrex (3 Hate)

Edited by Ssendom