[PP-F9] Guarding Claws of Iron (Flints)

ID: 37863
MD 8 Hit, 54-66=1, 6 thorns received
BD: 6, Hit, 4 thorns received.
SA Triple Barrage used. 3x6=18 damage.
Holy Blessing activated, heal 12 HP.
Bleed and burn dealt respectively.

The final moments at hand, The Iron Guardian burnt and charged right at Tristan at full force. They came in with a sword swinging right at Tristan, looking ready to cleave Tristan right through, if it weren't for Tristan had so much defence. Tristan blocked the attack that came swinging with his shield that slammed into his side, burning the Iron Guardians arm. Tristan used the opening created with the attack to go on the offensive with his own attack, which pierced the Iron Guardian with three thrusts, on the the third the spear going right through as the Iron Guardian disintegrated into pixels. Tristan took a breath out and then relaxed his spear grip, letting the spearhead hit the floor. He turned to Flints with a tired expression and gave a grin, saying "Congratulations Flints, we did it.".

Tristan: 136/136 13/34
Flints: 20/24 2/7
Iron Guardian -1/225 Burn 1/2
Stats: Damage 54, bleed on 9 or 10 for 2 turns dealing 4 damage, 4 thorns

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flints watched as the guardian bounded up to Tristan and used all his strength to try and best the man, Flints squinted her eyes slightly to downplay the sight of the two in arms. The sound of Tristan's spear cutting into the iron guardian followed by the burst of pixels was reassuring. Flints gasped and grinned widely at Tristan. "You did it!!! We did it..?" She glanced around excitedly as the commotion finally ended. At least they get a little break from all the mess, even if only for a moment. 

Additional Notes: 

• Level Up! New Level: 6 ~> 9
  • Flints: 20/36 ~> 23/36 2/9 ~> 3/9 1/3 OOC Regen
Edited by Flints

1/3 OOC Regen

Tristan nodded as he unequipped his spear and placed the shield on his back, taking a deep breath and stretching his back, feeling his body loosen, even if it was most likely placebo in some way. Or the game was just that scarily realistic, but Tristan decided not to find himself too lost in that, instead seeing Flints looking tired and walking over to her. He stood before her and said "Indeed we did it. Now, shall we head back into town to that Info broker? Let us resupply first before we meet them though, I hear we have to fight it.".

Flints glanced up at Tristan and his stretching, she didn't realize how tense she had become from the battle and also began to stretch out as she looked back in the direction of town. "That sounds like a good idea. I really need something to keep me afloat.." She stretched, placing her arms behind her head as she begin walking back towards the town. "We will fight him as well? Ah, we made it this far together so it should be easy peasy!" She gulped hoping it wasn't as terrible as she began to think it would be. 

Additional Notes: 

• Flints: 23/36 ~> 26/36 3/9 ~> 4/9 2/3 OOC Regen
Edited by Flints

2/3 OOC Regen

Tristan walked alongside Flints as they spoke, giving his natural gentle smile that he usually wore. Tristan thought about what items he already owned and then said "Well I've got plenty health potions and you still got one I gave you, but I think we could could get some energy regeneration items. I also forgot that I have some items in my inventory to boost damage, such as the Cerberus Soul, Matriachs stinger and a +3 damage crystal which we can use for the fight to make it pass by quicker. But yes, they should be easy enough.". Tristan smiled wider while looking at her as he spoke.

Flints walked lightly along the path back to the town, she idly crossed her steps and balanced along the edges of the path, all her little movements made it seem as though she was dancing with an unseen being. When Tristan spoke she puffed her cheeks out a little, listening intently to his voice. "Well seeing as I can't take everything you own, I'll have to buy my own things. But those damage boosting items sound promising! Remind me to eventually get my hands on things like that." She sighed a little overwhelmed by all the things she hadn't yet considered. "I really need something for my stamina, Heath isn't a huge problem, thanks to you~" flints cooed.  

Additional Notes: 

• Flints: 26/36 ~> 29/36 3/9 ~> 9/9 3/3 OOC Regen
Edited by Flints

Tristan gave some thought to what she said, but when he considered all the other stuff he had on him, decided to rethink their plans. In honesty with all these damage boosting items, he thought they would be fine anyway, since he can use the Cerberus Soul to boost the burn damage on his weapon and then the crystal to further boost his base damage. He threw the Matriarchs Stinger at Flints, which gave a +1 to base damage when applied to the weapon. "Here, use this. I'll use the other stuff as I can attack for longer with my higher energy. With the combination of all that, our energy shouldn't be too bad and it should be a relatively short fight.". Tristan applied the Cerberus Soul to his weapon, then waited for Flints to prepare her weapon. Before he did so though, he got the Hoya of Minos from his inventory and shaped it to that like the Twinfire reflector, then put it across her neck so it was on and smiled, saying "To show that I will protect you, so you have something to grab in case you feel worried. So my my shield is always there to protect you.".

Flints looked up at Tristan and gladly accepted the Matriarch's Stinger and applied it to her claws. When she looked back to Tristan to thank him for all he's done he surprised her yet again, he placed around her neck a dainty necklace, it's pendant shaped like a small silver shield, solid and strong just like the twinfire, it fell against her chest dead center of her light scar. She started down at it a little shocked and looked back up at Tristan a little more than confused. He was close to her for only a few moments but she couldn't help but blush at his actions. Tristan was treating her so sweetly that she could hardly speak. "T-thank you. I'll keep that in mind" she placed her hand over the pendant and pressed it lightly against her chest closing her eyes. 

Additional Notes: 

• Flints: 29/36 ~> 32/36 
Edited by Flints

ID: 38003
MD 4 Miss
BD: 9, Critical. Burn Activated.
SA Triple Barrage used. 3x(6+3+1)=30 damage.
Damage crystal buffs base by +3.

Tristan took the second Hoya of Minos in his hand, also unused, and shaped it to a green jade crystal paw like that of a lion or similar. Smiling with it on display around his neck, he saw the Information broker who had given them the information. It turned out however the information broker was too suspicious of them knowing about the information for the quest and instead went on the offensive, the inevitable he had known of happening. Tristan smiled and got his weapon out and began the attack, also bursting a damage crystal that he had been given by Ssendom. "Alright, let's go!" he declared as he attacked, using his Fighting Spirit to get a high hate while attacking with his opening move.

Tristan: 140/140 32/35 H: 3
Flints: 32/36 9/9 H: 0
Iron Guardian 120/150 Burn 2/2
Stats: Damage 50, Paralyse on 9 or 10 for 1 turn, Heal 13 HP on CD 10

ID: 38006

BD: 1 (failure) 

flints was caught off guard by Tristan placing his own Hoya of Minos on and having it formed for her. It was beautiful. At a loss for words she starred at Tristan up until the information broker turned on them and attempted to lash out at Tristan. She watched as he easily casted him aside and delt a heavy blow, the shock of the sudden combat sent flints quickly into action but to no avail, she missed her mark and cursed under her breath for such a bad start. Hopfully this wasn't how the rest of her attacks would go. 

Combat Results

Tristan140/140 32/35 H: 3
Flints: 32/36 7/9 H: 0
Information Broker: 120/150 Burn 1/2
Stats: Damage 50, Paralyse on 9 or 10 for 1 turn, Heal 13 HP on CD 10>

ID: 38008
MD 5 Miss
Howl used, 4 Hate incurred.
Burn dealt.

Tristan saw Flints in a somewhat daze from before, which probably which was why she had just missed her mark with her attack. Tristan didn't mind at all though, he didn't want to press her on it particularly and focused on keeping it just so she wouldn't be hit. Tristan used Howl and roared at the enemy, causing him to get far more attention than previously. Tristan grinned as the attention drew to him and the enemy was taken aback by their roar, which threw them off their attack and left a time for Flints to attack.

Tristan: 140/140 32/35 H: 7
Flints: 32/36 7/9 H: 0
Iron Guardian 118/150 Burn 1/2
Stats: Damage 50, Paralyse on 9 or 10 for 1 turn, Heal 13 HP on CD 10

Combat:

ID: 38020

BD: 6 (Success) +1 DMG +1 Hate

Sword Art Activated: Mortal strike 2x2 = 3 DMG + 1 DMG = 4 DMG x 4 = 16 DMG -4Ep

Flints quickly snapped out of her daze and ran to the enemy, she juked Tristan who had just used howl to draw all the focus on him, and wedged herself between the two, she furiously hit the slightly confused enemy of theirs and smiled when her hands found their mark. She dug deep and quickly twisted and ripped away in a wonderful show, her attacks were quick and graceful, from the outside it seemed more like a dance rather than an attack. When she parted she looked over at Tristan grinning like crazy. "We've got this.." She whispered. 

Combat Results

Tristan140/140 32/35 H: 7
Flints: 32/36 4/9 H: 1
Information Broker: 120/150 ~> 104/150 Burn 1/2
Stats: Damage 50, Paralyse on 9 or 10 for 1 turn, Heal 13 HP on CD 10>

ID: 38042
MD 3 Miss
BD: 7, Hit
SA Triple Barrage used. 3x(6+3)=27 damage.
Burn dealt.

Tristan laughed at the grin Flints gave, grinning back. She had dealt a good blow on them and it clearly boosted their self confidence, which was what they seemed to need lately to an extent. He nodded and smiled and said "We do indeed have got this in the bag". Tristan ran forward, spear charging at them, and executed Triple Barrage, hitting the info broker for a lot of damage, which they reeled back from. Tristan relaxed his stance in satisfaction of the attack, the power of the blow stopping Tristan from being hit himself along the way.

Tristan: 140/140 32/35 H: 9
Flints: 32/36 4/9 H: 1
Information Broker 75/150

Combat:

ID: 38052

BD: 7 (Success) +1 DMG +1 Hate

Sword Art Activated: Mortal strike 2x2 = 3 DMG + 1 DMG = 4 DMG x 4 = 16 DMG -4Ep

Flints watched as Tristan attacked and wasted no time when the two parted from combat, she went ahead and took advantage of the broker missing again and used mortal strike once more, her small hands balled into fists as she began to furiously strike at her enemy, with each hit she felt her fists go deeper and deeper into the brokers body. "Okay Tristan!.." She panted. "Just a little more.." This long quest had certainly been something else. She was warming up to the idea of Tristan being around to protect her much more than she thought she would. In a way she worried that after this mission she would realize how much he had spoiled her in a sense. He was a genuine person and gave her a lot along the way and all she could do was thank him almost constantly. "I need to remember to friend him after this. We need to stay in touch.." She begin to redden at actually trying to befriend Tristan. She doubted someone of his status would want anything to do with someone as low as her. But alas, she had to try, she idly felt the tiny shield she was now adorned with as she waited for Tristan to make his next move. 

Combat Results

Tristan140/140 32/35 H: 9
Flints: 32/36 5/9 ~> 2/9  H: 2
Information Broker: 75/150 ~> 59/150 

Edited by Flints

ID: 38055
MD 8, 50-66=1. Flame Thorns activated.
BD: 7, Hit
SA Triple Barrage used. 3x(6+3)=27 damage.
Burn dealt.
CD 3, no healing
Holy Blessing activated.

Tristan nodded to what she said, it was indeed just a little more until they did it. The broker this time attacked Tristan with their sword, slamming against his shield and causing fire to burn around their arm. Tristan smiled and took the block done as an opening, attacking with his spear the broker using Triple Barrage. The spear slammed thrice into the broker, dealing considerable damage with his attack and smiling as all the blows connected and whittled the health of the Information Broker. He was glad they used the items, as it made this fight easier.

Tristan: 140/140 30/35 H: 9
Flints: 32/36 1/9 H: 2
Information Broker 26/150

Combat:

ID: 38065

BD: 4 (failure) 

Flints took a deep breath and charged after the broker once more, this time he quickly evaded her, causing her to fall short of hitting him. She growled and moved quickly back to Tristan's side this time not feeling too terrible about the miss, the broker was close to its end so she wasn't all too worried. She looked over at Tristan and gently touched his arm. "You've got this. I believe in you far more than you could ever believe in me." She smiled and gave a little giggle before moving out of the way of the two. she looked off at the broker and tensed up, remembering that one hit from him could end her. 

Combat Results: 

Tristan: 140/140 30/35 H: 9
Flints: 32/36 3/9 ~> 1/9  H: 2
Information Broker: 26/150

ID: 38066
MD 6, 50-66=1. Flame Thorns activated.
BD: 3 Miss
Burn dealt.
CD 3, no healing
Holy Blessing activated.

Tristan quirked an eyebrow to the touch of the arm and gentle voice Flints spoke, very different from previous interaction with her. It seemed he had somehow opened up her gentle side and it was showing. However before Tristan could go on the attack to attack the info broker, the info broker swung their sword at the both of them. Tristan however blocked the path of the sword, stopping it in place and bouncing it away, fire damaging the enemy. It looked like he couldn't quite attack yet as he was busy blocking.

Tristan: 140/140 28/35 H: 9
Information Broker 20/150

Flints gritted her teeth at the sound of the broker's sword against Tristan's shield. She tensed but decided to conserve what little energy she had, if she was gonna make a move, she wanted it to count. She knew Tristan could take the beating. Flints eyes wondered to the broker and sized him up, he was weak and trying his hardest against the two as a last ditch effort to keep himself alive now. The NPC fought hard. And Flints was growing tired of it evading the two. "Come on now, don't miss this time you idiot." She thought to herself. 

Combat Result: 
Tristan: 140/140 28/35 Hate: 9 
Flints: 32/36 1/9 ~> 2/9 Passive Energy Regen +1 - No Attack  hate: 2 
Information Broker: 20/150
Stats: Damage 50, paralyses on 9 or 10 for 1 turn. Heal 13 on a CD 10. 

ID: 38067
MD 4 Miss
BD: 9, Critical. Burn Activated.
SA Triple Barrage used. 3x(6+3+1)=30 damage.
CD 4, no healing

Tristan decided enough was enough and charged at the information with a final attack on the information broker. He sighed to take a moment to prepare himself for the attack, then lunged forward and did his attack with Triple Barrage on the broker, shattering the enemy into pixels as the spear pierced through, leaving them dead and the Banner of Support still there to use for themselves. Tristan took a breath out and relaxed as he unequipped his spear and shield, then sat down on the floor to keep himself from standing any longer. "I think...I'm done for quests today. Well done partner." he said with a grin to Flints and a thumbs up with one arm.
Tristan took a moment to slow his breathing, then stood back up and walked to Flints. After some presses on an inventory, an item materialised in his hand to give, or two sets of five for each finger to be exact (though acted as one). They were new claws for Flints, to put on the fingers and rip and tear their enemies with. He smiled and said "A reward for your efforts. I felt it only fair considering what someone of your level has been through, and maybe this will help alleviate that.".

(Item given)
Name: Charon's Claw
Item Type: Weapon
Quality: Perfect
Source: The Blazing Typhoon craft
Enhancements: +3 Damage
Description:  $_35.JPG

Tristan: 140/140 28/35 H: 9
Information Broker -10/150 DEAD

Flints' eyes grew wide at Tristan's barrage of attacks and when the Broker burst into pixels she almost cheered. "Oh man! You did it!" She said Breathlessly. She walked over to Tristan and stood close by, stretching and trying to catch her breath from all the excitement of their day. Flints gave a little laugh when Tristan said he was done with questing for now, she couldn't help but agree that she too needed the rest. Flints watched curiously as Tristan approached her and fumbled through his inventory until finally he handed to her a little jumbled mess, she wasn't sure what it was till she looked closely. Her eyes widened when she realized it was a weapon. Now her weapon. She looked up at Tristan stunned by how much he gave her this whole quest. From col all the way down to something she greatly needed. A weapon. In her excitement she equipped them and quickly embraced Tristan, something she normally wouldn't consider but at this instant her excitment was far too great. She wrapped her arms around his body, not tall enough to wrap them around his neck and pulled him close as she whispered into his chest. "Thank you for all you've done. You don't know how much this means to me..at first I was a little worried that you hated me..but..thank you so much.." Once she realized she had been squeezing him rather hard she released him quickly and began to blush, she fumbled through her menu and sent over a simple friend request. Despite all they had been through and done she was still afraid he wouldn't accept. She glanced nervously at her feet as she waited for his response then let her mind wonder. In the meantime she She wondered about Endilix and Emerath and what they must be doing, she smiled at the thought of heading back to Endilix's bar and telling him about her exciting adventure with someone new, Tristan. She grinned at the thought of having him around more and maybe even dragging her little group along on the next quest. "We have to do this again sometime. Maybe I can even bring some friends? I would love for you to meet them." She looked up at him. Usually she wanted to protect her little bunch from other players but she was beginning to trust Tristan, so she felt them meeting would be good for all of them.