PP - F13 Duo Effort (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (Teayre)

"Huh?"

Calrex looked down as he felt Teayre break free from his carry, her sword at the ready, hearing her yell at the air. With a calming breath he focused, "She's gotta to have had a nightmare, especially if she's screaming out for her sister again. It's just like that night..."

Walking over he made sure to keep a calm demeanor. He had no need to be afraid, because his wife was still recovering her energy, meaning that it would still be a few seconds before she could use her most powerful Sword Arts again, "Teayre! Narlia! Wake up!"

Standing inches away from her he put on his warm smile, gently moving his free hand to her sword arm's wrist, "Teayre, it's me, Calrex, Calnus. I'm here, there's no need to be afraid."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teayre’s eyes met her husbands. Her brow furrowed did he always have red hair? No it couldn't be her husband. It couldn't be. Twisting her wrist a small amount the girl grits her teeth eyes shooting daggers into the ones that stared at her. Pushing back, she snarls. “You… You!” Falling to her knees sobbing the girl wraps herself within her own arms into a small ball. “You win…” She whispers every ounce of resistance fading as she rocked backwards and forwards muttering soft words to herself.

After a minute or so the red head peers back up at the figure looming above her. Snivelling as her vision clears slightly, “C-Cal?” After a moment or two of looking at him Teayre throws her arms around her husband wrapping them tightly around him. “Callie!” Burying her face into his stomach she gently sobs into his armour. “Cal… He was there…. Haunting me.”

"Haunting...?"

"Yeah...I can only guess. I knew it wasn't going to be so simple for her. Killing someone, especially a family member...that's not something one can easily perform and forget about. Plus...with what Opal and I encountered, there is the chance that residual data from him might linger. The only question is if there is enough to manifest a form like that ghost..."

Kneeling down so that Teayre's face was in line with his Calrex wrapped her up in a tight embrace, resting his head in the crook of her neck, "...I tried to warn her...it's not something I've experienced, but something that I'm more than aware of..."

"Narlia...I know you're stronger than that. You ended the first part of this ordeal. He's no longer here. But I can understand that no matter how horrible he was, he was still your father. That's not something that is easily dismissed. However, you're still stronger than he was. There is no hold he has over you. Even if you are haunted by visions of him, you'll pull through. I'll be here beside you through all of it. If ever you feel you're not strong enough, I'll be here to remind you and stand by your side."

With her husband consoling her the only thing Teayre could do was bawl into his chest. “I’m scared Cal… I don’t know what’s going to happen now…” Her eyes tightly shut, the red head shivered as images flashed against her eyelids. Her arms squeezed tighter. “I… I…” She couldn’t find the words. Slowly she extracted herself from the embrace before standing. No, staggering. Gripping her blade she turns her blade dancing as it cuts through four of this floors mobs that had started to creep up around them. The movement was very simple to quick half-moons before a soft click sounded, her blade sheathed yet again. “Let’s get off of this floor Cal.” The  deranged humanoid like creatures snarled at Teayre as they moved against her, the girl glaring at each one stepping aside just at the last moment. “Go on ahead. I want to vent.”

ID: 43601 BD: 8 (6 + 2 ACC) CD: 1 LD: 10 (8 + 2 ACC) MD: 3 (5 – 2 EVA)

(H:4) Calrex: 285/285 
   Energy: 55/55 
(H:3) Teayre:
 153/153
   Energy: 25/37 (12 Used)

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: 77/143 (13+4)*6-36 = 66 DMG
Corrupt Human 2:
 77/143 (AOE)
Corrupt Human 3: 77/143 (AOE)
Corrupt Human 4: 77/143 (AOE)

Total Loot List:

12 x Materials
6435 Col Edited by Teayre

ID: 43609
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 41 Remaining)

As his wife showed a falter in her resolve Calrex gritted his teeth, cursing under his breath. Speaking to himself more than to Teayre he got to his feet, "...nothing's going to happen...not if I've got anything to say about it..."

Observing the redhead's motions as she cut through the mobs the bluenette gave a small sigh. He had recalled their scouting of the thirteenth floor, and how Teayre had pointed out his subtle change in fighting posture. In her current posture, it seemed the opposite. His was rigid and less fluid, while her's was almost too fluid, lacking in drive.

"Go on ahead. I want to vent."

Ripping the Grand Blade from its sheath Calrex rushed forward, activating <<Charge>> before leaping skywards. His <<Lightning Fall>> seemed to channel his resolve as the crackling lightning seemed to roar out, as if the thunder from the attack combined with his <<Howl>> skill. Piercing the ground the roar shot out with the lightning, striking each of the four corrupted humans, who were caught unawares by the surprise attacker.

Getting to his feet Calrex flicked his sword to the side before sliding it into its sheath, the sword lock engaging with a loud click, "Sorry Tea, no chance letting me leave you alone after that. Go ahead and vent with your last blow. We'll get moving after you're finished, but you'll have to think again if you believe I'm gonna let you do something you stopped me for in the past."

"I might have walked off into the snowy forest after Beleram's destruction, but you came after me. So if you're going to try and 'vent' for a while, I'm for sure going to come after you."

(H:4) Calrex: 285/285 
   Energy: 41/55 (-14) 
(H:3) Teayre:
 153/153
   Energy: 25/37 (12 Used)

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: 22/143 (10+3) DMG * 7 Art - 36 MIT = 55 DMG)
Corrupt Human 2:
 22/143 (AOE)
Corrupt Human 3: 22/143 (AOE)
Corrupt Human 4: 22/143 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

Her husband completely ignored her and struck out at the humans surrounding them. The mobs seemed to ignore the lightning and kept pressing on Teayre, targeting the red headed girl. A smile crept over her lips as she casually dodged the mobs attacking her, a much more elegant appearance came over her as she moved with the four of them almost appearing to dance. The Muramasa a blur as the one or two she wasn’t quite quick enough to dodge she parried with her own blade. Teayre lost herself in the dance, ignoring her husband’s remarks. Sidestepping a parry she kicks one of the mobs towards him before having to continue her gambol with the mobs.

ID: 43695 BD: 1 CD: 9 LD: 7 (5 + 2 ACC) MD: 1 (3 – 2 EVA)

Calrex: 285/285 
   Energy: 41/55  
Teayre:
 153/153
   Energy: 24/37 (2 Used 1 Regen)

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: 22/143 
Corrupt Human 2:
 22/143 
Corrupt Human 3: 22/143 
Corrupt Human 4: 22/143 

Edited by Teayre

ID: 43699
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 30 Remaining)

"Sometimes I wonder why I even bother talking."

With a small sigh Calrex shook his head, "I see these mobs don't know how to follow their own AIs, fine then."

Turning to face the creatures that were failing to strike his wife the bluenette focused his senses, targeting each of the creature. This time he drew the Grand Blade and lowered into his stance for <<Sharp Nail>>, the Grand Blade lighting up with a spiraling blue aura, almost akin to a drill, "...don't bother screaming when I rip you apart..."

His eyes seemed to flash with an eerie blue light for a second as he activated his Sword Art, flying forward and piercing two of the creatures with his opening strike before ripping it out, forcefully stabbing each of the remaining two with a impaling strike to the head. Finishing the attack the Ultramarine Knight flicked his wrist down with enough force, almost as if he was going to throw his sword into the ground. Flipping it into the reverse grip he closed his eyes, giving a calming breath as he slid the blade into its scabbard.

Opening his eyes the normal hue of his ocean blue eyes seemed to return as he shook his head, a look of surprise coming over his face for a second, "Alright...that's done and over with. Shall we get moving?"

Loot List:
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 2860 col (Mob HP 143(4) * 5 col = 2860)

Energy: 30/55 (-12+1)
Teayre:
 153/153
   Energy: 24/37 (2 Used 1 Regen)

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: -2/143 (10 DMG * 6 Art - 36 MIT = 24 DMG)
Corrupt Human 2:
-2/143 (AOE)
Corrupt Human 3: -2/143 (AOE)
Corrupt Human 4: -2/143 (AOE)

Total Loot List:

16 x Materials
9295 Col

Edited by Calrex

Teayre’s hilt came swinging up and smacking straight into Calrex’s stomach. “OI! Don’t you be getting grumpy on me.” Wrapping her arms around him she gently kisses him, before nuzzling the boys neck. “I’m sorry, I just don’t want to see you throwing your life away again. Not like…” Pressing her face tighter to her husband’s neck the red head turns before shooting off her blade eviscerating a mob she passes on the way to the boss room. Her eyes flick to the lift as she spots the mist swirling around by some dead trees. Drawing her katana she leaps forwards at the one mob scurrying beneath the trees killing him in a flash.

ID: 43708 BD: 10 CD: 7 LD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC) MD: 10 (Mob deaded in one hit)

Energy: 30/55
Teayre:
 153/153
   Energy: 24/37 (1 Regen, 12 Used)

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: -25/143 (13+4 * 12) – 36 = 168 DMG

Loot:
1 x Materials

Total Loot:
17 x Materials
9295 Col

Edited by Teayre

Giving a small grunt Calrex looked over as Teayre quickly stole a kiss from his lips, "S-Sorry about that..."

As the redhead moved ahead he looked in confusion at himself for a second before shaking his head, "What was that just now?...I'll worry about it later."

Catching up to his wife he gave a warm smile as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, making note of the eliminated mobs as he spoke in a lighter-hearted tone, "Is it just me, or are these mobs particularly good at interrupting us in mid-sentence? I swear the past few times we've gone out on trips like this we've had our conversations cut short by these things."

With a friendly smirk he continued to scan around for any in the vicinity of the two, keeping his hand on the Grand Blade's hilt, "There's still no telling where they can come from next, so it's best we stay cautious..."

Edited by Calrex

Shaking her head Teayre embraces her husband as he kisses her. “I shouldn’t of hit you… S-sorry I guess it’s his influence on me…” Looking down the girl swallows as a lump forms in her throat, her arms falling down to her side gently running over her partner’s ribs before she meets his eyes again. Sliding a foot back Teayre ducks as another mob comes sailing in the blade of the mangled man quickly twisted and cut her across the red head’s chest. Gasping she shoves her shoulder against him before drawing her blade in a swift movement, catching him cleanly and with speed causing the mob to stagger back and wobble for a moment.

ID: 43795 BD: 10 (Nat) CD: 2 LD: 8 (6 + 2)  MD: 9 (Nat)
   Energy: 30/55
Teayre:
 138/153 (39-25+1) = 15 DMG
   Energy: 22/37 (1 Regen, 13 Used)

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: 49 /143 (13 * 10) – 36 = 94 DMG [Stunned]

Total Loot:
17 x Materials
9295 Col

Edited by Teayre

ID: 43800
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 24 Remaining)

"Don't worry, it's alr..."

As he saw Teayre vanish from his vision for a second he looked behind to see yet another corrupted human engaging combat, "Geezes this floor just keeps spawning these."

Seeing his wife eliminate most of the creature's health he drew the Grand Blade, rushing forward with his <<Charge>> skill. The Grand Blade lit up with a dark purple glow as he rapidly cut into the corrupted human, leaving seven stab wounds in the monster in the shape of the Big Dipper before it dissipated into shards.

With a sigh of relief he resheathed his sword into its scabbard, turning to face his wife with a warm smile, "Looks like another one down, heh."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 715 col (Mob HP 143 * 5 col = 715)

Energy: 24/55 (-7+1)
Teayre:
 138/153 (39-25+1) = 15 DMG
   Energy: 22/37

Enemies:
Corrupt Human 1: -13/143 (10+1+3 DMG * 7 Art - 36 MIT = 62 DMG)

Total Loot:
18 x Materials
10010 Col

Edited by Calrex

Calrex had jumped in to save her, turning her head she smiles at him before wrapping her arms around him. “Cal….” Nuzzling the boys chest she smiles, her eyes catching his own smile. Slowly she let go of the bluenette. “Sorry, I guess we should stay focused on training…” Her smile lingering on her face Teayre sets forwards eyes peeled for any sign of more mobs coming their way.

Walking through the mist Teayre squinted as a hulking figure appeared before her. “Guess we have some company.” Without hesitating the red head bent her knees and activated her <Charge> skill and flew forwards. Ducking under the blade that sailed her way she draws her own and in a single motion a purple light emits from the Muramasa as the sword slices through the stomach of the bulked out man. “He seems toughed than the previous ones.”

ID: 43802 BD: 8 (8 + 2 ACC) CD: 10 LD: 9 (7 + 2 LD) MD: 2 (5 – 3 EVA)

Energy: 24/55 (-7+1)
Teayre:
 145/153 (Battle Healing Activated 7 Hp Gained)
   Energy: 22/37 (13 Used, 1 Regen)

Enemies:
Hulking Corrupt Human: 80/200 (13+4)* 10 – 50 = 120 DMG

Total Loot:
18 x Materials
10010 Col

Edited by Teayre

ID: 43807
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 13 Remaining)

"Definitely, but nothing we can't handle. How about we test out a combination attack? On my signal!"

Giving a grin Calrex rushed forward, unleashing his <<Charge>> and <<Nova Ascension>> skills together. As he closed the distance four dark blue diamond-shaped petals formed in front of him like a gate. Passing through he seemed to accelerate to an extreme speed, closing the rest with even more speed before unleashing his barrage of attacks with the glowing light blue Grand Blade before he spun around, slamming the hilt of his sword into the creature's head.

Seeing the Stun effect trigger he gave a nod to his wife to finish the job.

Energy: 13/55 (-12+1)
Teayre:
 145/153 (Battle Healing Activated 7 Hp Gained)

Enemies:
Hulking Corrupt Human: 4/200 (10+3+1 DMG * 9 Art - 50 = 76 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

“How about we test out a combination attack? On my signal!”

Teayre looks at her husband with a dumbfounded expression on her face. “Okay… I’ll be there in a moment…” She says turning away as Calrex cuts deep into the mob, giving a small sigh. “Honestly… I never…” she mumbles before letting out a loud exasperated scream she turns around and brings her blade up in a swift motion cutting straight through the mob. Watching as it bursts into crystals before looking at Calrex. “Don’t ever. EVER. Say something that lame again.” Pressing her nose to his she shoots daggers into his eyes before tilting her head slightly and stealing a kiss from him before walking forwards over the fading pixels of the corpse.

Spoiler

ID: 44030 BD: 8 (8 + 2 ACC) CD: 1 LD: 19 (17 + 2 LD) MD: 8 (Mob Stunned)

Energy: 13/55 (-12+1)
Teayre:
 145/153 (Battle Healing Activated 7 Hp Gained)

Enemies:
Hulking Corrupt Human: -37/200 (13 * 7) – 50 = 41 DMG

Loot:
1 x Material
1 x Bonus Material
(200 * 10) = 2000 col

Total Loot:
20 x Materials
12010 Col

Edited by Teayre

With the creature eliminated Calrex put a hand behind his head, listening to Teayre's response, "Geeze, that bad huh? Alright."

"Geeze, so this is what happens when I open my trap? First Lowe and the spiders, now here. Maybe I need to start talking a little less again. I think I'm throwing off my balance in terms of being quiet and being a loudmouth."

An embarrassed blush came across his face for a second before he gave a defeated sigh, "...whatever..."

Swiping on his menu he felt tempted to don the Grand Chariot: Legacy to mask his face. For a few moments, it seemed he was more in his own, and in some ways more accepted when he assumed the quiet, stoic personality he always exhibited when around others, "Maybe I've opened up a little too much...we're still out in the field zones. I'll cut the **** for now and just keep my head in the game."

Pushing his menu away like he was swatting a bug he put his hand in his jacket pocket. The small smile that was on his face vanished instantly as his calm demeanor came over his face. "So, what's next? Taking down some more of these corrupted mobs?"

Edited by Calrex

Teayre giggled as her husband gave a defeated sigh. Gently prodding him she looks into his eyes,  "Oi. You didn't let me finish silly." Gently taking his hand after he angrily dismisses the menu she kisses it. "I was going to say, don't ever. EVER do that in front of anyone else... I wouldn't want them to see how cute you are when you're being lame." Blushing the red head averts her gaze.

Gently she reaches towards Calrex's face her hand open Palm ready to gently cup his cheek. "I love you, even if you are being lame." Wrapping her arms around him she squeezes tightly. "Dont forget it." 

The mist started to swirl around the couple again reaching up and caressing their arms and legs. Howls of pain could be heard in the distance as the duo continued their effortless embrace.

Edited by Teayre

Calrex gave a friendly smile as his own hand reach up to gently touch the hand that Teayre was touching his cheek with, "Don't soften the blow silly, I know it was pretty bad, heh. But I know you do."

"I just wish that I can be cool at least some of the time around you. But I guess I can't do the eccentric, cocky punk attitude many people seem to attribute to being a badass. Probably in the end my actions and abilities speak volumes louder than whatever cheeky thing I can come up with."

Returning his wife's embrace the bluenette's warmth returned to his smile as he gave a kiss to her forehead, getting a whiff of the generated scent that the game was simulating for her. His blush was still there, both out of embarrassment of his earlier display, as well as the love he had for the redhead. His ears and eyes still scanned the area around them, making sure he was aware of their surroundings, but at least for now things were quiet.

"At least we finally have a moment of peace on this floor...?"

Edited by Calrex

The warm hand placed over hers Teayre couldn’t help but smile deep into his eyes. As he leant forwards kissing her gently on the forehead the girl surged forwards wrapping her arms around him pulling him. Blushing deeply she nuzzles her husband’s chest before peering up, “Cal. We should probably…” She starts to whisper before letting it fade into silence. Reluctantly Teayre started to loosen her grip around her husband. “I don’t really want to stop this, but we are in the middle of nowhere.” She says holding both of his hands gently, lovingly. Her eyes watering before her knees give way and she falls into Calrex’s arms.

Edited by Teayre

With Teayre's motions Calrex's face turned redder and redder, even though the loving smile was on his face. When she finally fell into his arms again the bluenette reached up and caught her, making sure he kept her upright, "Of course. As distracting as you can be, we need to focus right?"

Giving a quick grin he began to scan around the area, calming breathing in order to steady his senses, "The fog seems to have gotten thicker. Geeze, and of all times to lose my Reveal skill. I swear I had it for the longest time, now when I don't have it is when things decide to mess with us. Without Night Vision either it'll just become more troublesome. Maybe I need to focus on getting those mods back."

Looking down at his wife once again he gently used his finger to wipe away the tears from the corners of her eye, "Alright then, where should we head to next?"

• 2 months later...

The fog rolling in and covering her vision, Teayre’s eyes flutter open for a moment as a hand reach for her. Her soft shivering stopped for a moment before she heard her husband’s voice. Falling into him she wrapped her arms up and around his shoulders. “Cal.” She breathes out, “I’m so sorry. I can’t escape it.” Gritting her teeth she gently pushes away from her husband. “I’m going to need to take some time. Let’s talk about that in a bit once we find the dungeon okay?”

Wiping the rest of the dampness off her face with the back of her sleeve she shakes her arms out to either side of her before speaking again. “This direction. I think, that’d be the best bet.” The red head takes the bluenette’s hand before gently pulling him off in towards a small orchard. As she looked at the base of the trees all the girl could find was rotten pieces of fruit. “Damnit, I was hoping for something we could at least eat.”

ID: 50226 BD: 3 CD: 11 LD: 15 (13 + 2 LD) MD: 5

Edited by Teayre