[Complete][PP:F9] The Hellfire Club <<Guardian of Fire>> [Kalesh, Calrex]

Vulcan Village. It was the first time the woman had ever set foot on this floor, and hopefully her last. Despite the dry heat of the desert of floor five, this one was standing above a volcano. Her eye twitched at the summoning of the noun bringing up unwanted feelings with a certain player of the same name. Smoothing ebony hair from a perspiring face, the woman brought up her menu and sent out a small message to a few friends to help her on a quest that was located on this floor. 

--

To: Calrex
CC: Kalesh
Subject: Guardian of Fire
Body: I heard there is quite the formidable beast lurking in the fire cavern, no Ifrit Guardian Summon, but none the less, a worthy opponent for us to test our blades and claws against. I am sending this to each, Kalesh and Calrex for the one reading. I am not about to step into a slaughter without some aid. I'll be waiting in Vulcan Village. If anyone by chance sees Tuvok, let me know!

-- 

With a flick of her wrist, the woman sent her message. There was so many references that could be made from the city name, but being a closet Trekkie, the woman could not help herself to make the reference. 

Edited by Opal

Receiving Opal's message Calrex immediately headed for the ninth floor. As he did memories of the time he soloed the quest the woman was speaking of came back into his memory. There was one single thing that was common with each one: sweat. When he first went on the trek the overbearing heat was wearing on him, causing him to almost pass out at points from heat exhaustion. Almost every step his clothes had stuck to his body, and wearing the Grand Chariot within the <<Inferno Cavern>> was a painstaking ordeal.

However, he had pulled it off, and emerged more powerful than ever. Arriving in Vulcan Village in a flash of light he turned on his tracker, tracing it over to the kunoichi. He put on a friendly face as he arrived, giving a wave, "Good to see you again Opal, although I have no idea who or what in the world is Tuvok. In any case, looks like we're just waiting for Kalesh right?"

Edited by Calrex

Unlike Calrex and Opal, Kalesh was arriving from outside of the safe zone, waving his hand as he approached the two other players. He was wearing less layers than he usually would. Under his jacket was a thin undershirt, more to cover his skin than provide any form of protection from the elements. He kept his pants on, thankfully. Every few hours thought he would pour a bunch of water over his head to avoid passing out from the heat, regardless of if it was possible. "Heeeey, how we doing?" He said happily while resting a clawed hand on his hip. "We're going a bit overkill, but hey, that's the best kind." He says before saying exclusively towards Opal "And sorry, I didn't see any dark elves on the way here." He smiles while playing innocent. A pop-up appeared in his field of view along with insistent tones, probably an alarm which he was quick to reset. They were in a safe zone, preventing damage was not on his list of things to do.

"Tuvok is hardly a dark elf..." The woman said brandishing small ruby red lipped smile towards him. Nodding to Calrex as he came from the opposite direction, she waved at him and smiled towards him as well, "Good to see you as well, Calrex. How is the grind coming along for you guys? And Tuvok is a fictional character in the Star Trek series, namely Voyager. His race is a Vulcan..." Opal said placing both hands out, palms turned up and pivoted on her feet but didn't actually move to add emphasis to the name of the city they were standing in. 

Materializing the Mamasume, Opal swung the blade over one shoulder and stretched her lower back. The material of her clothing billowed from a depressingly hot breeze that rolled through all three of them, the surface of her skin perspired more as she stood around and not moving, clear droplets of the sweaty liquid rolled over her face and over the curvaceous figure of the woman.  Letting out a small sigh, "Alright. Well, let's not waste anymore time dawdling around. Safe to agree we want to get this quest done and over with ASAP, ya know? If you guys need water, I got a small stock still left over from the starting point. I'll go ahead and take lead until we get to the Fire Cavern, think you can keep an eye out for hostiles?" she said looking back towards the Ultramarine Knight. 

Cracking the knuckles of her left hand without the aid of her right, Opal gestured for the two men to follow. Eventually they would be confronted with the open mouth of the despairing Fire Cavern, a red hot scorcher of a place that was as horrible as the outside temperature. 

"Heh, lookout is basically what Im good at outside of combat. You got it, although you guys should keep the water for yourselves. I've gotten acclimated to the temperature on this floor, but the area closer to the Inferno Cavern gets a lot hotter than here in Vulcan Village. The last time I went I swear I sweated so much my clothes hit maximum absorption capacity."

Giving a nod over to Kalesh he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "Also just in case you guys didn't know, we're going to be dealing with a few hellhounds before reaching the field boss. Last I remember I think it was three, but since there's more of us there's a chance that more will spawn. In addition, the interior of the cavern itself it hot enough to actually damage us should be succumb to the heat. The time I soloed this I actually exited the cavern upon defeating the hellhounds to recover, then reentered after I had recovered enough."

Finishing his pre-quest briefing he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, giving a nod to Opal, "Of course, I'll try and take as much of the attention off you guys as I can. Whenever you both are ready let's get moving. We've got a lot of ground to cover."

He looked to Opal like she was crazy before he realized he was the crazy one. "What? This is one of the best floors yet! Floor five is desolate, and floor twelve is moist, but this place has real dangerous feel to it... Plus, it's a free sauna service." He chuckled happily as he opened up his map, looking through the areas he had explored before confirming "Nope, nowhere on my map." He says matter-of-factly before saying "So I guess I'll watch the rear. Make sure to kill of any wiseguys that decide to sneak up on us." He shrugged his shoulders and chuckled softly while waiting for their adventure to begin. "Oh, let me make sure I have this straight, Opal, you wanted me to keep my eyes out for a member of a dark skinned species with pointed ears that ISN'T an elf?" He winked playfully, being a fantasy nerd he stood by the tried and true belief that vulcans and romulans are just space elves.

While making sure his water supply was still high, he checked the durability on his equipment. He didn't know how far they were going but they were maintained enough to last him a week out of town he figured if he was careful. He looked the claws on his hands over to make sure the sharpened ends were still pointed and sharp. All in all he figured he was in good enough condition for their adventure. "I'm not afraid of a little heat, I'm sure the cave will be pretty nice... besides, I have survival." He grinned happily, environmental damage had no effect on him.

OOC: I'll go ahead and lead us in the cave and then spawn up the first 3 Hell Hounds. Also, spawning Hell Hounds from Quest Stats, if you guys want mats, you can spawn the stats on the next round. 

Opal shook her head at Kalesh's comment about her favorite Vulcan from the series, though Spok was the original, she still enjoyed Tuvok's humor. Besides the point of all of that humdrum, they were staring at the mouth of the Inferno Cave. The bleeding heat came out like spurts of fire the closer they had got to it. With the trio soundly prepared for whatever was to come, Opal stayed in pace with Calrex, his eyes focused on the cavern in front of them while Kalesh stayed in the rear to watch their 'six.' Brandishing her weapon, the spitting howls of those demonic dogs had come through the darkness, along with the hell blast temperature of the heat. Opal had immediately felt the sudden spike, the outside actually felt cooler than the inside of this cavern. Feeling the heat overcome her, she steadied herself as she whisked away beads of rolling sweat of her head, her blanket of ebony hair now damp from her scalp producing sweat. Slicking her hair back and away from her honey dipped eyes, the woman felt the tremble of the ground shake as the monstrous howls now came into view in shades of thick black and red fur. As they barked, small twisting wheels of flame spout from their mouths and nostrils. 

Opal gulped..."Easy...doggy.." With the heat eclipsing her judgement and her hand becoming sweaty, the long blade swept across the k-9s and made no impact to their hell forged bodies. Each one in turn attempted to shake the fortress of the woman, and yet she stood dancing and spinning around them as they found nothing but dry heat to eat instead of her lovely flesh. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 88/88 [+1 BD: Savvy Activated]
Energy: 20/22
Sword Art: -2 Energy Miss

Hell Hound 1: 30/30 || 9 Dmg
Hell Hound 1: 30/30 || 9 Dmg
Hell Hound 1: 30/30 || 9 Dmg

ID: 36596
BD: 4+1 =5
MD: 5-3 =2

ID: 36597
MD: 5-3 =2

ID: 36598
MD: 4-3 =1 

Edited by Opal

OOC: I'm alright thanks XD

ID: 36600
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2/ Item +1) = 18 (Non-Combat List Used / Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 37 Remaining)

"Just stand back guys. These guys are just in our way."

Drawing the Grand Blade from its sheath Calrex gave calming breath as he brought the sword across his body, entering his stance for activating <<Vertical Square>> a journeyman rank Sword Art he hadn't used in quite some time. As his sword became covered in the light blue aura signifying that the technique was ready he unleashed it, flying forward.

As each of the four slashes slammed into the four hounds the slashes left trails in the air, tracing the shape of a rhombus before the dogs dissipated into crystals, the battle over just as quickly as it began. Flicking some shards off of his sword Calrex resheathed the blade with a small sigh, turning and giving a smirk and nod to his two teammates, "That's three down, but it seems that the boss hasn't spawned yet. Guess that means we've got to deal with some more before that happens."

Loot List:
3 Materials (1 to Calrex / 1 to Opal / 1 to Kalesh)

HP List
Opal: 88/88
   Energy: 20/22
Calrex: 185/185
   Energy: 37/45 (-8)
Kalesh: 84/84
   Energy: 21/21

Enemies:
Hell Hound 1: -10/30
Hell Hound 2: -10/30
Hell Hound 3: -10/30

Edited by Calrex

"... Stand back?" Kalesh asks in rhetoric. That was like telling him to run wild, taking it as more of a challenge than an order he grinned wide and readied his claws, having been fanning himself while the others took care of the hounds. "Man, this place is awesome!~ I think I'd melt if I wasn't prepared for this kind of situation." He suddenly charges ahead, soon locating a second set of hounds for them to combat! "Found more!!" He shouts back to the others as he began his attack on the hounds.

He didn't dance around the issue, he charged head long into the group. The first two hounds pounced but ended up missing him as he ignored them, the center monster however was his target and had managed to reach him!... At a price. The wolf-like beast had bitten down on his shoulder, flaming fangs holding him as he simply laughs and jabs both his clawed hands into the beast, tearing it nearly into two before it shattered apart! It was then he turned and said to the others "Your turns!!" before even checking if they had caught up or left him to clean up his own messes. He however felt rather rewarded for his risk, having gotten a pop up announcing his reward to be precise.

HP List:

Kalesh: 83/84 [9-15=-6]
Energy: 18/21 -4 +1
Sword Art: Mortal Strike [8x2x2=36]

Hell Hound 1: 30/30 (9 Damage)
Hell Hound 1: Dead/30 (9 Damage) [36]

[ID# 36611][BD: 9][CD: 8][LD: 20!][MD: 1]
[ID# 36612][MD: 9]
[ID# 36613][MD: 4(7-3)]

+1 materials

Edited by Kalesh
Messed up the loot rules xD

Opal had watched Calrex slay a group of Hell Hounds with enough power to overkill them. Black tendrils slid towards her face as she tapped the thin blade against her shoulder as Kalesh, brazzen as always charged head long into the next crowd of Hell Hounds, "He always does that..." she said looking over her shoulder to Calrex. Sighing lowly, she wondered if it was even necessary to attack the horde of Hell Hounds that seemed to want to gnaw on the Berserker's pretty little face. With her blade drawn and finally catching up to her comrade, Opal slid on rocky terrain, a hot steam geyser erupted just below her feet and knocking her off balance as she attempted to swing at one of the beasts. Failing in her strike resulted in a depletion of her energy. Bad luck always came to her with groups of people. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 88/88
Energy: 18/22
Sword Art: -2 Miss

Hell Hound 2: Dead/30 (9 Damage) 
Hell Hound 3: 30/30 (9 Damage)

ID: 36620
BD:1 +1 = 2!!! OOC: RNGesus, stop making me look like a fool!!! ;_;

Edited by Opal

ID: 36627
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (Non-Combat List Used / No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 30 Remaining)

Watching as both of his teammates decided to attack the next set of hounds Calrex gave a small shaking of his head with a smirk as he turned to face the two remaining dogs. Readying <<Vertical Square>> once again he flew forward and unleashed the Sword Art, two of each of the strikes hitting each of the monsters, tracing another square standing on one side in the air.

As the two dogs dissipated into crystals he gave a nod to Kalesh and Opal, "Alright, another three down. If we take out another three we should be set to have the field boss spawn."

HP List
   Energy: 18/22
   Energy: 30/45 (-8+1)
   Energy: 18/21

Enemies:
Hell Hound 1: -10/30 (10 DMG * 4 Art = 40 DMG)
Hell Hound 2: Dead/30
Hell Hound 3: -10/30 (10 DMG * 4 Art = 40 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

He smiled as Calrex finished off the next batch, happily exclaiming as he heads off to hunt down more "Alrighty then! Next batch, go go go!" He announces with his hands clenched and ready to slice when an enemy came in range! Soon he found another group of hounds deeper into the cave system, all of them barking and growling angrily at the intruder who was running full speed towards them. This time Kalesh was a little more suited to their movements, grabbing the dog in the middle this time without having to sacrifice a drop of his hitpoints, tearing the beast in two before turning on his heel and holding his arms out in an 'are you not entertained?!' gesture that was surely dated by this point in time. Still though, waiting commenced as he idly sidestepped a couple lunges from the aggroed mobs.

HP List:

Kalesh: 83/84
Energy: 16/21 +2 -4
Sword Art: Mortal Strike [8x2x2=36]

Hell Hound 1: Dead/30 (9 Damage) [36]

[ID# 36632][BD: 8(6+2)][CD: 12][LD: 6][MD: 2(5-3)]
[ID# 36633][MD: 1(4-3)]
[ID# 36634][MD: 3(6-3)]

Edited by Kalesh

Opal once more shook her head at Kalesh as he vaulted for new enemies to slaughter, seriously, it was like watching a kid in a candy shop...Or something to that effect. Looking to Calrex, she shrugged her shoulders, "He's energetic, isn't he?" She said softly moving towards the fray along with the Ultramarine Knight. Readying her blade, she gave a scoff as of now of all times the Sword Art system kicks in. Shaking her head she dove forward with her blade pulsating with that ivory glow. Stepping into the attack, she lifted her blade and slashed vertically, then horizontally for a double cut across the midsection of the first hell hound. As it howled in pain, it spout fire from its nostrils and mouth However, the female had three more slashes to end her sword art <<Wa Shu>>. Stepping in once more, she swept her blade across the cranium of the beast, lifted the blade for a second cut and then spun around in arc and lopped the head off with the final blow and ending her art. Flicking the blade to the side, all Calrex had to do was end the last beast and they would be good to go. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 88/88
Energy: 14/22 [+1 Regen]
Sword Art: Wa Shu, -5 Energy, 35 Dmg

Hell Hound 1: Dead/30 (9 Damage)
Hell Hound 2: Dead/30 (9 Damage) 
Hell Hound 3: 30/30 (9 Damage)

ID: 36638
BD: 7+1=8 OOC: ALLELUJAH!!

Edited by Opal

ID: 36669
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy+3) = 6
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 15 (Non-Combat List Used / Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Sonic Leap>> Activated (3 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 

"Heh, he's certainly got a lot of energy, well, at least mentally. Although it looks like his stamina levels are holding up just fine as well."

As Kalesh and Opal both eliminated one of the trio of hounds that appeared Calrex gave a small sigh and shake of his head, resisting the urge to laugh until the battle was over. Bringing the Grand Blade over his shoulder he executed yet another Journeyman rank Sword Art, <<Sonic Leap>>. As his sword was coated in the light blue aura of the technique he released it, the assisted system pulling him forward and upwards. Coming into striking range of the dog he executed a flip, cutting the beast down its back as he rotated in the air.

Landing on his feet behind the monster the hound dissipated into crystals, totaling their kills to nine. Right when this occurred he turned his head as he heard the familiar growl of the field boss as it spawned further below. Sheathing his sword he gave a nod to both Kaelsh and Opal, "Looks like Cerberus finally spawned. Let's get moving further down. Just be careful, his three heads tend to have a nasty bite, at least to my memory."

HP List
Opal: 88/88
   Energy: 14/22
Calrex: 185/185
   Energy: 28/45 (-3+1)
Kalesh: 83/84
   Energy: 16/21

Enemies:
Hell Hound 1: -10/30 (10 DMG * 4 Art = 40 DMG)
Hell Hound 2: Dead/30
Hell Hound 3: 0/30 (10 DMG * 4 Art = 40 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Kalesh took a nice long calming breath as the monsters had finished dying, making him smile as he started stretching his shoulders and then his legs in preparation for the fight to come. As he was not under attack the amount of energy he recovered was pretty small which made him shrug a little but not care all that deeply in truth. He was sure the boss wouldn't stand a chance against the group. One of the stronger field bosses maybe, but something about the lack of effort going into killing the hounds lead him to think that their leader wasn't going to be that amazing. "I hope so. It'd be a pretty poor Cerberus if it didn't. Seriously, guard dog of the underworld, you don't waste that kind of mythology on just any ol' monster!" He grins happily as he double checks the durability of his claws and confirmed they would survive the battle to come.

A moment later though the same alarm that had gone off in town went off again and he smiled as he retrieved a skin of water from his inventory, dumping the contents over his head as his avatar and the ground beneath him audibly hissed and steam formed where the water landed "Ahhhh by the virtual gods that's refreshing." If there was one perk to facing such extreme elements, 'curing' them was that much more satisfying. It was seconds later that he was dry as a bone again but feeling considerably cooled.

Kalesh: 84/84 +6
Energy: 17/21 +1

OOC: I am not sure if everyone is prepared for Cerberus, if you guys feel you are ready, one of you can summon it up, if not, I'll do so on my next post.

And with that Calrex had finished off the ninth Hell Hound the group had helped vanquish, less on the Opal side, but none the less the dregs were taken care of. As if on cue after the nine demon dog had been banished from the planes of the material world, a roaring and echoing blast of heat and growls erupted in the Inferno Cave. Opal looked in the direction of the massive growl emitting from a four legged hound with three heads. They were some yards away and out of the reach of the aggro zone, but the smell of sulfur and smoke was clearly wafting in the air. Almost gasping for air from the immediate pungent scent, Opal had felt a nerve within her body break. She felt nervous and anxious, sure she was in good company, but things like a field boss could fall apart quickly. She did not take a step forward, but only watched as the Cerberus and its three heads barked spouts of fire from its mouth, dark smoke emitting from its nostrils much like the Hell Hounds, only this was far worse. Holding the Masamune limp in her hands, she attempted to steel the breaking of her nerves swallowing hard as and then clutching the hilt tightly while bearing white knuckles.

"You...guys ready for this?"

<<1/3 Energy Regen>>15/22

OOC: I'm good, but we should probably do it soon so that we can RP out those two days travel required by the quest XD.

IC:

(2 Posts Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

Calrex gave a calm exhale as he saw the field boss' form for the second time. Standing across from the monstrous three-headed dog brought back memories of the time he fought it on his own, back when he was still a part of Absolute Pin. There were some troubled times during his period as a Rook of the guild, when Teayre was depressed over the loss of Beleram and departure of Azrael from the guild. It was back then he had resolved to become stronger and drive out the "darkness" that was plaguing her, even at the cost of his own well-being. That self-sacrificial mindset didn't last long, but the memories were ever present.

He gave a nod to Opal as he heard her hesitatingly inquire about their preparedness for the battle he gave a affirming nod, "I've got more than enough energy left over to take this thing on, so whenever you guys are ready let's do this."

Kalesh nodded in agreement with Calrex, saying while taking a deeeep breath "Go ahead and let's get this done with." He looked in the monster's direction, fighting off the urge to rush in. He knew his role, he just had no reason to fear the hounds from before. This was a field boss, and it was worthy of his respect and fear as a result. He hadn't really battled a creature that could boast an elemental advantage of any kind before. Most field bosses were just large animals, this one was an actual mythical figure that he had enjoyed learning about in the real world. He was sure he was hyping it up a bit too much, but that was okay in his mind. Whatever the case was, he wasn't going to be the first one to rush in as long as they had a tank who could do it for him! Years of MMO training flooding back a bit at a time as he basically tried to get into a formation where he would be only slightly behind Calrex, just enough that he got initial aggro. "No time like the present~!"

OOC: BRING ON THE BACON!

Whether it was nervousness or anxiety or the repulsive heat, the woman stared blankly at the beast as she followed Calrex and Kalesh. It had been some time since they had arrived nearly getting eaten by a steamy geyser erupting right from below her feet not too long ago. Despite the horrid heat, the woman did not flinch when the sight of Cerberus had come into view. The massive demonic dog with three head seemed to bark with bouts of fire escaping its mouth. A hot ring of fire danced around it as if the very Boss was on fire. Gulping once more and clutching the hilt of her sword, Opal engaged her <<Sprint>> skill and then further engaged her <<Charge>>. The Masamune blade was enchanted with an ivory silver as it pulsated with life. Charging in with explosive power past both the Ultramarine Knight and the Crimson Berserker, Opal lunged herself into mid air with her blade held upwards. With several sweeping motions of her pulsating ivory blade, the three heads turned to her and were cut several times from the ferocious nature of her sword art. The Cerberus nearly tumbled down from the shockwave of the attack from her launched <<Gen Getsu>>. When she landed back down on her feet, the first head reared towards her, one eye had been slashed so bad from her sword art it carved an orange glow over it. It looked to her as it opened its mouth, a wicked flame tunnel spiraled around her. The woman was eaten by the flames and scorched from head to toe leaving nothing in its wake as it slowly succumbed and diminished. The next two heads came lunging towards her simultaneously, however they had bumped heads and couldn't quite tackle her down to the ground. 

Opal gave a dramatic cry of pain despite not being hurt from the attack. She looked backed to Calrex and Kalesh, her mouth still open as if she were in pain, then closing it quickly and then shrugging..."Ugh...Switch?" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 67/92 +6 Burn next turn, [+1 BD next turn, Savvy]
Energy: 15/23
Sword Art: Gen Getsu- AoE, -12 Energy, 48 Dmg

Cerberus Head 1: 27/75  24 + 6 Burn Damage next turn [H 1: Opal]

ID: 36746
BD: 5+1 =6
MD: 9-3= [+1 Dmg]

ID: 36747
MD: 5-3= 2

ID: 36748
MD: 3-3= 0

Edited by Opal

ID: 36753
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Sword Art <<Rage Spike>> Activated (4 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 26 Remaining)

As Opal entered the battle Calrex tried to step forward, giving a small joking sigh as the woman charged forward. Since he was the tank of the group, if they were operating under more cautious tactics he would have gone first and used <<Howl>> in order to draw all of the aggro. However, since they were fighting such a weak field boss tactics seemed to have gone out the window.

When the raven-haired player switched out Calrex gave a nod as he went down one knee, grasping the Grand Blade as it became coated in a light blue aura. Activating his novice rank Sword Art <<Rage Spike>> he flew forward as his strike pierced all three of Cerberus' heads before leaping back.

"I could have ended this with a single strike, but that feels like I would be hogging all the glory. I've got to at least give everyone a fair shot at it."

Not much of the boss' health bar was left as the bluenette landed back next to his teammates, giving a nod to Kalesh, "I think now would be a good time for that special Sword Art you used against the bandits Kalesh. Let's finish this thing off and get out of this hellfire sauna."

HP List
Opal:
67/92
   Energy: 15/23
   Energy: 26/45 (-4+1)
   Energy: 21/21

Enemies:
Cerberus Head 1: 7/75 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)
Cerberus Head 2: 7/75 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)
Cerberus Head 3: 7/75 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)

Edited by Calrex