A question regarding Martial Arts.

^ Actually Kalesh your second sentence is correct. It's just that you can't wield them simultaneously, so you can't hit with your sword in one turn, then switch to Martial Arts in the second. Unequipping your weapon "entirely" usually costs a turn, no matter what weapon it is.

I used to switch between Martial Arts and my One-Handed Straight Sword, and that was the rules that was told to me as well.

So no:
Post 1 w/ weapon > Post 2 w/ Martial Arts

Yes:
Post 1 w/ weapon > Post 2 switch > Post 3 w/ Martial Arts

Tristan told me no when I asked if I could use martial arts with my claws, he claimed you had to unequipped the weapon entirely but I call BS on that personally based on Kirito killing Kuradeel.

If it were up to me and it is not, I'd say you'd have to spend an action sheathing your sword first.

Id like to point out that Kirito had no sword in his hand when he killed Kuradeel and had it unequipped.

What Calrex said is correct and it is also why we made that you CAN do certain extra sword arts if you have no shield equipped and rank 2 in martial arts.

Ah, I think there was a miscommunication then. To me 'equipped' means on your person, not as having the weapon in your hands. For example, in a scabbard to me is equipped.

Equipped means you are using the weapon. If you're not using the weapon in your hand, its not being used in combat. Either way, sword arts for when you currently have a weapon equipped which use martial arts are already available.