<<PP-F12>> This is my swamp. (Ssendom) COMPLETE

This would be the first time Jomei would find himself exploring this new floor. It was interesting to say in the least, though the murky water and the smell that accompanied it was not so pleasant. He spent his time there wandering the town, searching through different shops and making note of the different quest givers in the area. It soon hit him, however, that he was wasting time. Another boss fight was soon approaching, and whether he would accompany the raid team or not, he needed to become stronger and level up his skills. Turning his gaze to the seemingly endless swamps at the edge of the town, Jomei knew what he had to do. However, he also knew he could not make the journey alone. Raising his hand he opened up his menu and scrolled through his friends list. Eventually, he came upon a familiar name whom he had not made contact with in awhile, Ssendom. With a smirk, the irishman sent a quick message to his old friend telling him of his whereabouts. After finalizing the message, he found a nearby bench and sat waiting for the man to arrive. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssendom received an message from a friend who knew the most about his situation of the past, he read the message details and immediately headed for the teleportation gate of the 9th floor. After arriving in Lazaro he made quick stride to his ginger friend. Shortly upon seeing the man after turning the corner around a building, he lifted his hand gave a slight wave, "Good to see you again my good friend." Ssendom said in greeting to his friend. There was a new adornment upon his shoulders that was recently obtained during the time the two hadn't seen each other. "Where have you been, I haven't seen you for months ever since that day down in the depths of the Molten Core." He asked his good friend.

Jomei began to look up at the sky, where his own companion was making circles in the air high above him. A familiar voice brought his gaze back down to earth, and he noticed his old friend had gotten his message and found him. Jomei smiled and stood from his seat on the bench. "Been a long time indeed lad, good to see you again." Jomei could not help but let out a chuckle when Ssendom asked what his whereabouts were for the past couple of months, where it was Jomei who was wondering the same thing about Ssendom. "I've been around, not doing much from what I have usually done." he rubbed the back of his head. "I did actually run into you at Zelrius' party.. but you seemed busy so I decided not to disturb you at the time. And I meant to message you to meet up at some point. Better late than never I suppose." he crossed his arms over his chest with a smirk. 

Ssendom thought about when he was at Zelrius's party, and the only thing he ended up doing was giving Zelrius a drink then drank the entire night ignoring people besides telling everyone he brought Sake for them. He vaguely remembered a few people tried to talk to them, but he mostly ignored everyone as he technically drowned his sorrow that night in alcohol. "Yeah sorry about that, I was still seething anger about the whole Meokka thing. And you happen to be the only one who knows what actually happened at the time. I've been rather quiet about that whole ordeal. No matter, so what is the plan for this adventure here in the swamplands Jomei?" He asked his friend.

Jomei nodded in understanding. That was pretty much why he thought Ssendom was not speaking much. He really must have been taking the whole thing with Meokka tough.. since she had just abandoned them in the caves of the Cerberus.. if not worse. "Aye. I understand." Probably would be best to leave it at that, despite wanting to know if he had heard anything from her or had any leads. Would probably end up making this a less than enjoyable day if he were to do so. Ssendom then questioned Jomei on his ideas for their trek out into the swamps, to which he replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "No idea." he chuckled, looking off into the distance. "This is actually my first time up here.. So I figured I might as well head out and do some exploring, see what sort of trouble I could get into. Hell, maybe we will end up finding something that no one else discovered yet."

Ssendom grinned since he didn't actually seem to care about the entire ordeal about Meokka, in fact the Dreadnought was actually grinning from ear to ear. "Whatever you want to do, I am itching to break in this new bad boy." He gloated as he shifted the his shoulder causing his scabbard rustle about, if Jomei remembered anything about Ssendom it was that his scabbard at the top was never as wide as him. He turned to look at the outskirts of Lazaro, he had traversed most of the floor, "I have slain the Sub-Floor Boss of the floor know as Azgoth, King of the Swamplands, but to be honest that fight didn't sate me enough. You don't to see if we can find some Elite or Sub-Floor Boss level monsters, what do you say?" He asked his friend wondering if he would be interested in asking some questions.

Jomei crossed his arms and tilted his body slightly to the side to get a better look at the large slab of a weapon on Ssendom's back. Definitely was different from the old blade he used to wield. "Woah, thats a crazy looking sword you got there. Looks unique even. How'd you get your hands on that?" Jomei put his hand up before Ssendom could explain, "A story for the road, perhaps. We should start trudging through this swamp and see what we can find." He turned around and began to walk, when Ssendom mentioned searching for some much stronger enemies that could even be on par with a field boss. A smirk etched on his lips, for he was pretty excited to do just that. "Sounds like a plan. Lets get going." and the two began to walk into the swamps around the city to Lazaro. 

Jomei found out right away what it was like to walk through a swamp. Deep piles of mud and dirty water, and various forms of weeds and shrubbery poking out from the surface of the water. Lucky for his tall stature, he was able to walk through the water without it getting all over him or into his boots. He turned his head over to his travel partner for the day. "So like I asked earlier, where'd you get that monster of a sword? And I've never heard of Azgoth before.. whos that?"

Ssendom pulled out Gram and held the blade to Jomei so he could hold it in his hands, "You're the first man to learn that I have one of the very few unique skills, I recently just acquired it along side grandmastering the Greatsword. That is the unique weapon I got from defeating the Berserker, who has been the strongest fighter I have ever had the chance to clash blades with." He stated in a very proud manner as they walked through the murky water, he felt as though he had earned the right to gloat over his fortunes thanks in part to how hard he grinded and put his life in the Gridiron of Combat. "I am officially in the upper echelon of players who possess more than one unique item." He mentioned as he shifted his shoulders to put emphasis on the other item, "And Azgoth is a Sub-Floor Respawning Boss. Slightly weaker than a Floor Boss, thought I feel as if he wasn't going all out on us." He said aloud but was as if he was thinking about the fight at the same time.

Jomei's eyes widened with excitement at Ssendom's mention of his newly acquired unique skill. "You got a unique skill? Thats awesome!" Jomei was amazed at the fact that his friend was the first he had heard of to get such a thing. Then again, with Ssendom's power in combat, he was not surprised he was able to get such a rare feat. Jomei chuckled, "Call me a bit jealous, I think I may find out how to get a unique skill of my own" a smirk sprawled across his face at the thought of having his own skill to call his own. "Hah, don't let it get too much to your head. For all we know, these skills will end up like how familiars did.. first just a couple of people had them, and then everyone jumped on the bandwagon." he shrugged his shoulders, he was sure getting a unique skill was a little tougher than taming a familiar, but the idea was still sound. "Ooh so a Field Boss.. at least.. thats what I call them." he rubbed the back of his neck.

Ssendom chuckled when Jomei was saying everyone would jump on the Unique Bandwagon, "No need to worry about the bandwagon on unique skills. From what I have gotten from the Information broker, there are only about ten or so unique skills and I happen to own one of the very few of them. And I will let it get to my head a bit, I am going to show you exactly what I can do with this monstrosity." He stated as he took his blade back and slid it into it's Scabbard, "Field Boss, Elite Field Boss, Sub-Floor Boss, don't matter to me, let's go get us some col and materials!" He shouted out loud as he darted forward at full speed.

Jomei's eyes widened when Ssendom mentioned that there were only about ten unique skills. "W-what?! Gah.. I really have to find this info broker!" Jomei really wanted a unique skill of his own.. He felt since he was far from the strongest.. and not able to catch up with the other frontliners, he needed something to balance out that ability. A confident grin etched on his face.. he made it his new goal to obtain a unique rapier skill at any cost. "Can't let you getting too far ahead of me." He turned to look at Dom, still with that same grin. The man then darted forward, seeming just as excited as Jomei but for different reasons, "Oya! Lets do this!" Jomei shouted, as he trudged through the murky water, following after Ssendom. 

• 2 weeks later...

(Lets get you one of those 2 sp quick then.)

Ssendom laughed thanks to his good friend Jomei, "I know what you mean, I kept my ear to the ground and often kept my eyes peeled around for quick information. With the Front Liners currently trying to push down floors faster than ever, I thought I need to stay ahead of most in order to stay relevant." Ssendom stated as he looked up into the gloom sky, "It's rather easy to fall behind, and I felt as though I have done that for far too long. So I fought as many monsters as possible, put myself in the front steps of Death's Door to achieve that." He looked down at his palm and smiled, "And I feel as though this is the first time I have achieved what I have wanted." He chuckled as four mobs begin to come into the scene.

• 3 weeks later...

Jomei listened to Ssendom speak about keeping alert when looking for the Unique skill, and that he needed to stay ahead of the game if he did not want to fall behind. Made Jomei think about his own position with the front liners.. he was barely making it along as it is. Never, no matter how hard he trained and leveled up, would be be able to be up to par with people like Ssendom, Calrex, or Zelrius. But that did not mean he would give up trying. "Yeah. I know how you feel... And I'm not going to let myself fall behind any more." He picked up his pace so he was running beside Ssendom, rather than behind him. Off in the distance, he noticed a couple of mobs coming out from behind the trees. Reaching across his body, he drew his rapier from its scabbard. "Alright. Let's get to work." 

Ssendom looked at Jomei who launched forward instigating combat, "That's how you keep from falling behind." He stated with grin, "You take charge!" He shouted as he launched forward Gram readied for combat as they slowly reached the mobs that were exiting from the cluster of trees. The Large Alligator-man like creatures wielding axes amongst the lot of them, Ripping his massive greatsword out of it's Scabbard. He flicked his finger and moved it through the inventory as if he had done this action over thousands of times. He withdrew a Bloodrage crystal which he broke upon his weapon as he cleaved through the massive monsters chunking over half of their health down, "Switch!" He shouted as he blocked all four Lizardmen axes at the exact same time.

ID: 41621 | BD: 7 + 3 = Hit | MD: 3

HP List
Ssendom 185/185
    Energy: 11/35 -24

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 30/30

LizardMan 94/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG [12 * 13 = 156 - 50 = 106 DMG]
LizardMan 94/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG

It was revealed that the mobs coming into view were a group of reptile-humanoids all wielding hand axes. Right off the bat, Jomei could tell that their tough scaled skin would be tough to break through. After Ssendom rushed in, dealing a devastating blow to all of the lizard men at once, he called to Jomei to switch with him and attack. Jomei knew he did not have any attacks that would be strong enough to take out any of the mobs in just one hit, but he could definitely take down their health little by little. He lowered his body as he trudged through the swampy water as quickly as he could. A moment later, the man's speed increased, water splashing out on either side of him as he rocketed forward. His rapier pierced straight into the chest of one of the alligator men, knocking them back off of their feet. "Damn, not enough." Jomei said, gritting his teeth. 

ID: 41662
BD: 5 (+2) = 7
<Charge>

Flashing Penetrator: (8+1+1)x11 = 110 - 50 = 60

HP List
Ssendom 185/185
    Energy: 11/35 -24

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 19/30

LizardMan 34/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG (-60 dmg)

• 2 weeks later...

Since Dom had the attention of all the Lizardmen with the insanely powerful attack he had inflicted upon the entire group, it was in his best decision to set up with a protective stance. Jomei wouldn't be able to handle the damage of the Lizardmen without taking a big counterattack effort from them. He fortified himself for a barrage of attacks. The entire group of Lizardmen dropped their axes upon Dom who easily blocked and locked their axes in an unrecoverable state, "Jomei their vulnerable now! Kill one or harm another one!" He shouted to his friend.

ID:42961 MD: 2

HP List
Ssendom 185/185
    Energy: 12/35 +1

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 19/30

LizardMan 34/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG (-60 dmg)

Jomei watched as the scale skinned reptile men all attacked Ssendom at once. However, thanks to his comrade's skill, heavy armor, and large sword, he was able to block every attack thrown at him. Jomei could not help but smirk, and he quickly hopped backwards to gain a bit of distance from the battle. He did not want to wear himself out by using his strongest move on a different enemy, for their tough skin would just take most of it, keeping them standing for a bit longer. Instead, Jomei decided to put in just enough effort to take out the sluggish one, who was much closer to death than his brothers. Jomei launched off of his back foot into a sprint before thrusting his sword forward like a bullet, piercing straight through the lizard man, ending his life instantly. "Alright, lets take out these other guys."

ID: 43324
MD: 6(+2)
<Flashing Penetrator> 11x(8+1) = 99(-50)

HP List
Ssendom 185/185
    Energy: 12/35 

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 11/30

LizardMan 0/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG (-49 dmg)

+1000 col
+1 Mat

Ssendom still had the attention of the entirety of the Lizardmen, he kept his blade up to defend himself against the attacks. They couldn't do enough damage to inflict any serious wounds, and even if they were to inflict a decent portion of damage to the Dreadnought, he always had Amethyst who was resting inside his armor to breath it's cauterizing, healing flames upon him. "Just keep it up Jomei, I will hold them here a bit longer for you. Let me know when you're too gassed to finish off more and I'll help you out." He said to his friend, giving the ginger all the opportunities needed in order to gain extra col for himself.

Each Lizardman put extra weight behind their axe and forced even the physically gifted Ssendom's blade down bringing their axe blades critically into his shoulders. Just as his health was chipping down, his health healed up some as Amethyst blew it's healing flames while still residing in the armor that Ssendom was wearing.

ID: 43327
CD: 4
MD: 9 

HP List
Ssendom 167/185 (-36+25 = -11x3 = -33 + 15 = 18)
    Energy: 13/35 

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 11/30

After taking out the one Lizardman, Jomei hit the murky water and skid to a stop, kicking up mud and sludge on the bark of a tree behind him. He looked up at their enemies as they pounded into Ssendom once again. Well, its worked so far, and its kept  me at a decent distance, might as well keep at it.. Jomei thought to himself as he spun his rapier in his hand, charging up his Flashing Penetrator attack once again. Once again, he took off running towards the closest Lizardman, this time lowering his upper body so his shoulder was positioned forward. At high speeds, he crashed into the heavy body of the walking alligator, knocking it back in the swamp water. As it bounced off of the surface of the sludge, Jomei launched forward with his rapier, piercing it deep into the body of the reptile. Jomei pulled his sword out and distanced himself, placing his hand against a tree to keep him from falling over, for he had pretty much exhausted his energy bar. He called out to his friend through heavy breaths, "I used up.. hah... all my energy.. hah.."

ID: 43330
MD: 4(+2) = 6
<Charge>
<Flashing Penetrator> 11x(8+1+1) = 110 (-50)

HP List
Ssendom 167/185 
    Energy: 13/35 

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 1/30

LizardMan 34/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG (-60)

The Lizardmen were trying their absolute most to try and overpower Ssendom, he merely chuckled as he put his second hand on the blade itself and used even more strength to out do what the Lizardmen were putting forth. Dom was single-handedly holding their attacks back with just the sheer strength of his arms. He had their weapons locked in by the hook on their axes. The Berserker had complete control over his enemies to the point he looked over at Jomei, "Get out of combat so you can hasten your energy recovery!" he shouted informing him of the strategy he needed to employ to make this fight go faster, "Don't worry about me, they can't kill me." He said with a wickedly evil grin as he stared at his opponents.

ID: 43332
CD: 2
MD: 3

HP List
Ssendom 167/185 
    Energy: 14/35 

Jomei 124/124
    Energy 1/30

LizardMan 34/200 | 50 MIT | 36 DMG (-60)