SP - F11 Call of the Waves <<Earning a Living>>

ID: 39364
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +2) = 7
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 13 Remaining)

More seconds flew by as Calrex continued to weave in and out of the barrage of tentacles that seemed to continue endlessly. As another cluster of strikes flew at him the bluenette quickly dropped his body low, executing a parkour safety roll to avoid the mass of rubbery flesh, extending the roll by continuing to tuck his body. The only point at which he stopped was when he felt is back reach the cooling water of the ocean, breaking his dodge and going into a crouching stance on one knee.

He gave a small smirk underneath his helmet as he looked forward, tightening his grip on the Grand Blade, "Heh, I might not be able to one shot these guys, but one thing's for sure I can definitely hold my own in a fight. Maybe I have been a bit too hard on myself."

HP List
Calrex: 189/201
   Energy: 13/49

Enemies:
Octoman 1:
24/100
Octoman 2: 24/100
Octoman 3: 24/100
Octoman 4: 24/100

Edited by Calrex

ID: 39365
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +2) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 14 Remaining)

As he avoided yet another barrage of attacks this one seemed even easier to avoid. It was possible that the octomen were growing tired of continuing their attack, the attacks now flying far clear of their mark, slamming into the sands next to the Ultramarine Knight rather than hitting their target. Calrex kept calm as the tentacles impacted the ground around him, only maneuvering when necessary to avoid getting hit.

"Alright, looks like I've got enough energy to execute Lightning Fall once again, but it looks like these creatures still have just enough health to survive an attack. I need to wait for a prime opportunity to strike. Unless I recover more, I need to get a critical hit, or wear these guys down."

HP List
   Energy: 14/49 (+1)

Enemies:
Octoman 1:
24/100
Octoman 2: 24/100
Octoman 3: 24/100
Octoman 4: 24/100

Edited by Calrex

ID: 39371
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +2) = 11 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2) = 17 (Bonus Loot Found)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 1 Remaining)

"Wait for the right moment..."

As Calrex kept his cool during the battle he slowly closed his eyes, although this was not indicated by the light blue slits of the Grand Chariot. He felt all of the ambient distractions around him seem to vanish into darkness, with only the noises of the attacking octomen filling his ear. Soon enough those began to die out as well, becoming only faint whispers of the battle he was still taking part of. Each missed attack that struck the sand seemed like a drop of water falling and touching the ground. What he was looking for was the prime opportunity to strike.

The time to strike came only seconds after as the four monsters brought their lower limbs back, shooting each forward in chasm-like masses of rubbery flesh, aiming to slam Calrex from all four sides. As this occurred the bluenette opened his eyes, leaping skyward as the four suction cup-riddled massed hit each other, becoming stuck together. As his leap reached its apex the <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art began to charge, the electrical energy seeming to grow even brighter as the Ultramarine Knight grasped the sword with both hands, angling his body so that he was legs up, aimed towards the ground. Descending he pierced the earth with his supported strike, dispersing the energy with powerful force as the energy was discharged in thick arcs of lightning bolts. Each of the arcs ripped through the octomen before they dispersed into crystals.

The blue-haired swordsman gave a sigh as he saw the battle end, flicking his sword to the side as if he were cleaning blood from it before he resheathed it, giving one last calming exhale. Swiping on his menu he traded out the Grand Chariot for the Grand Dragoon once again as he turned back towards Taft, "Alright, now to get moving back..."

Loot List:
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 2000 col (Mob HP 100(4) * 5 col = 2000)

HP List
   Energy: 1/49 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Octoman 1:
-3/100 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 50 MIT = 27 DMG)
Octoman 2: -3/100 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 50 MIT = 27 DMG)
Octoman 3: -3/100 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 50 MIT = 27 DMG)
Octoman 4: -3/100 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 50 MIT = 27 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

As Calrex arrived back within the settlement he saw that Roc was there waiting for him as he gave a friendly smile, "Sorry I took so long Roc. Here."

Walking over he saw that the NPC fisherman was still at his shop, selling the catch he had obtained, "Thank you very much sir. I managed to catch only a single fish, but once I begin this profession I'll be sure to put my best effort into it."

"Heh, you don't have to prove anything to me young man. Being a fisherman takes patience and perseverance. You were out there for some time, but the fact that you have tried is more than enough. Sometimes you will have days of bountiful havest, and others it will seem like the waters have been completely fished out. But do not give up. You must simply continue on."

"Thank you. While I'm here then may I purchase a bundle of smaller fish? My partner here is in need of some nourishment."

"Of course. Here, take these on the house, as a welcoming gift from a fellow fisherman."

Calrex gave a thankful bow before accepting the handful of small sardine-like fish before tossing one of them over to Roc, who quickly gobbled it up. Giving a friendly wave to the NPC fisherman once again he headed for the teleportation circle, "Now the question is where should I set up shop...if I even have the choice. I wonder if I can just fish wherever a body of water is located, heh. In any case I'd best get back to Teayre. I've been gone for far too long."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • Quest Complete:
    • 1 SP
    • Gained Fisherman Profession
    • Extra Materials from GM roll
  • 3 Materials Gathered
  • Monster Loot:
    • Battle 1: 1 Material
    • Battle 2: 4 Materials + 2000 col