[Multi-floor - PP] The Sage, The Cat, The Guard, and The... Journalist? (Thorsten, Vale, Hei, Macradon, Paglikha, Spencer)

Silver sat at the edge of Frostbite Lake looking into the ever frozen water. The sun was just about to come over the horizon to signify the new day. Silver listened to that which was around him and wondered as to the verity of wildlife that was sure to be hiding in the ice-inlaid woods, which seemed to catalyst at this point. Silver noticed a slight breeze, though he could not discern the whereabouts of its origin, observing the slight change in heat supply around him as was directed by the breeze. That was what he did, observe. That was what he was good at doing, he had no quarrel with the purpose of his life, instead he accepted it to the fullest of its direction. Much like how the breeze direct the heat, his observations directed his life.

The sun began to glisten off the frozen surface of the lake before him and he took in what there was to learn, as he had done so many times before. He wore a face of contentment as to where he was in life and the world. In fact, he had no reason to so any distain because he had no reason to distain. His miscoloured eyes observed everything and even with where he sat, this game of challenge, death and life he was happy.

@Vale

@Paglikha

@Hei

@Macradon

Edited by Thorsten

The sound of snow being pushed down by boots on the 4th floor was the only thing Macradon could hear. With each step he got a bit closer to the main settlement. A single day of scouting for anything had gone by with nothing to unveil than more snow. “Gosh, it’s been quite a while since something big has been found out in the fields” he thought for himself as he took his scarf up in front of his mouth and nose, shielding him from the cold wind that kept pushing onto him. Macradon wasn’t wearing his battle attire but instead his casual attire, as he didn’t feel the need to don his armor, the 4th floor wasn’t that dangerous, he could solo the field boss without armor if it was, and that wasn’t a joke. His level itself was what gave him an edge on these low floors, and it was easy for him just keep on searching the lower floor.

As he walked through the snowy fields, Macradon would come close to the Frostbite Lake. A lake very much like the lake he fought the <Absolute Zero> within a few seconds, making it too easy. But the lake wasn’t what was in Macradon’s focus, something else was. “Hm … haven’t seen this player before” he thought in his head as he began to approach. He wasn’t silent in his approach, as his steps were quite audible from the snow being compressed beneath him. “Hey there” he said, starting out the conversation “Anything interesting happening out here?” he asked, since it wasn’t that normal to sit out in a cold area like this.

Vale didn't often come to the fourth floor due to the extreme cold that blanketed the entire zone, she wasn't too keen on zones that were too hot or too cold. Vale was more of a temperate temperature person. Never the less, it was a well-known fact that the sunrise was ten times more beautiful on the fourth floor near the floor boss zone spawn than anywhere else you could possibly view it from. It was actually quite peculiar seeing Macradon here on the fourth floor, knowing his strengths he would be on the lower floor. Vale's keen eyes with search and detect gave her the ability to see Macradon from a decent distance away. The girl's eyes scanned the horizon for a second before noticing another man nearish Macradon but standing by the lakeside. Vale began sprinting using all four legs to reach Macradon, "Hiya, it's been a hot minute since we last saw each other." She laughed as she had just come back from dealing with the Iron Guardian quest with the Scarlet Templar.

Vale stood at full stand, the stunning neko like girl looked back at the man standing beside the lake, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Turning to Macradon she asked, "So whose this fellow?" Assuming they had a conversation shortly before she arrived. The girl would turn her attention back to the unnamed "Do you want to just stay over by the freezing lake? Or join this little group for some warmth and conversation?" She meowed at the man, trying to take the attention away from the fact that she felt extremely cold on the skin that is exposed due to her armors outfitting.

Edited by Vale

The peaceful landscape was quick to be interrupted by the sound of a humanoid walking along the lakes edge. Silver turned to see the man, dressed as a commoner. The man stopped seeming curious as to the goings on in the area. Silver had all but opened his mouth before the sound of another, much louder on the snow due to the added speed, came to rest at the side of the first. Interestingly the second seemed to have the figure of a Japanese neko, though Silver paid this no mind instead he was more conserned with the armour the girl wore. It seemed as something that would prove pitiful protection in battle, given the ample amount of exposed skin, perhaps this was just a outfit she wore for the time spent outside of battle. The girl meowed at him though he found this to be normal in comparison to the other things he has seen. He first looked to the man in commoners cloth and stated in a thick northern English accent “I cannot say there is much out of the ordinary in the land, if that is what you had the intention of asking me, however if you are asking about what I believe to be interesting about this place I would say that the ambiance of the calm and serene lake that lies before me whist the rest of the world comes and goes is perhaps the most interesting observation I have found this far.” Silver then looked to the woman, she had asked about his willingness to move, referencing the cold. He looked at her with his heterochromatic eyes “I have no drive to move based on the reason of temperature alone, however I would be willing to stand and walk with you if that is what is desired, I will say however you may find yourself less chilled if you were to wear cloth that covered more of you and less mettle. The ease at which the mettle will wick heat away from your body is not ideal at the temperature of this floor” Silver stood up, he had an innocent smile on his face as he looked at the other two. 

Nodding at the feline woman, Macradon would smile lightly and reply “Aye, it hadn’t been long since we met". Vale was an acquaintance of his, someone he had done a quest or two with, they were quite a good fighting team. But she was still only someone he had nearly just met. Looking at the man, Macradon would look back at Vale and shrug his shoulders “I’ve nearly just arrived myself” he said, meaning that he hadn’t had time to have a conversation with the man yet. Listening to the reason of interest of the place, Macradon would form a small calm smile on his lips and lower his head lightly in agreeance “That is indeed a fantastic reason for a place to be interesting” he commented. He knew how much scenery and the vast fields of a floor could be calming and soothing. Macradon was one who used a lot of his free time on the 7th floor, because he just loved it so much, so he understood how this was wonderful as well.

Smiling from the … alternative way this man talked, Macradon would look over at Vale and throw a comment towards her “Remember, we still need to get that dungeon hunt done” he said, making sure the two of them would remember their dungeon run so they could get that much closer to clearing the game when the front lines were growing stagnant. Rather train people to come to the frontlines and help clear the game rather than having to work with incompetent frontliners. Macradon would let out a deep breath coming out as fog in this cold environment. He would lift his scarf of his casual attire to cover his neck and mouth to hold himself warm from the cold winds blowing around. Looking over at the man, Macradon would come with an introduction "Oh, by the way, my name is Macradon, but most call me Mac" he said with a smile not visible becasue of his scarf, "and what is your name?" he would ask.

Edited by Macradon
Added illustration to make sure I'm not a commoner

Vale nodded to Macradon, "Agreed, there is no doubt about the fact that I trust you to watch my back you iron titan. The dungeon won't stand a chance against our combined might." She laughed as she complimented the man on his towering strength. Looking over to the unnamed person who spoke in riddle and rhetoric, he made light comment about her choice in attire, "Alright then, Moody." Vale retorted with sass in her voice, "First of all, I was trying to be nice. And secondly, I don't appreciate the attitude toward my choice in design." She cocked her head to face away, "Despite the overall appearance, this is both my casual wear and my battle regalia." The martial artist stated with pride, she flared her paws out and out erupted razor sharp claws for blades, "Don't judge a book by its cover... It keeps me warm enough." A bit of cynicism took over the mood in the air.

Chuckling the neko looked at the man who joined them, "I'm just messing with ya. The reason I don't change my garb regardless of the zone climate is for endurance training purposes, that and in the heat of battle. The last thing that is on your mind is whether you're hot or cold." She grinned her cheeky little laugh, "The name's Vale, and to what pleasure do I owe?" She asked, retracting the claws to return them to paw sized hands, then promptly placing it out to be accepted in kind by their mysterious companion.

Edited by Vale

Ever since his first visit to the fourth floor to join a guild, Kaluluwa has been absolutely captivated by its beauty. He believed it was a still winter wonderland that remained untouched by the modern human world. It wasn't long until he reached the lake, the only place other than the city on the floor where he would willingly visit by himself, partially due to the close proximity. To his surprise, almost as if this was a popular gathering place, three people stood ahead of him. Two of them were males, the other was what appeared to be a neko or cat-girl. What the...

Kaluluwa continued to walk forward and began to introduce himself to the three. "Hello there. My name is Paglikha, but feel free to call me Kaluluwa. Is there anything special happening or-?" He trailed off. He realized too late that the tone of his voice and his word choice might be mistaken for an attempt to intimidate them.

Kaluluwa looked at the people stood before him with his apathetic eyes on his stone-cold face. He couldn't help but notice that the woman was of a tan skin color much like him but still wearing cat-girl outfits, and the man had miscoloured eyes from apparent heterochromia. The other man, well, he seemed to be wealthy with his attire. In life, he knew that power accompanied with wealth. "I'd just like to throw this out there to dispel any doubts I've made. I do not have any ill intentions."

Kaluluwa trembled ever so slightly, almost unnoticeable. It definitely wasn't the cold, as he had gotten used to withstanding it since his last visit. However, he couldn't place on the reason why he was shaking. Despite this, he held out his hand in no one in particular to have a handshake. "It's nice to meet you." 

Silver was somewhat stunned and confused by the seeming offence the woman had taken. “My sincere apologies, Madam, I had no intentions to often in any regard.” He listened to the two persons before him as they introduced themselves. And the woman spoke mentioning that she was merely joking with her seeming offence. “I am happy to hear that you are not truly offended. I am Silver Zevulum but I believe it is improper in this world to address others by their birth name, therefore you may call me Thorsten. It is a pleasure to meet you both. Shall we walk to a tavern or in so we may chat in warmth. I know not what this ‘subdungeon’ you speak of is but if you will allow me to, I would be pleased to learn” he then considered the comment she made about battle . “I know not how battle fairs thee in this world but from my experience in the world which my body resides, whilst attending martial arts tournaments you need not armour. Your flesh being all you need to brace the impact of the opposing force. Though perhaps, unannounced to me, the rule and laws which govern this land are changed in this fact.” next another man approached, seeming as though there was something on his mind  though Silver felt not the need to inquior about such things for the time being. "Do not fret Mister Kaluluwa, you have not come accross with any such intentions of harm. I am Silver Zevulum, though you may call me Thorsten. It is a pleasure to meet you." Silver still wore a warm smile as he spoke, reaching out to accept the handshake. 

He then turned, begining, now, to walk towards the town as he did so. "I do not know much of this world, nor it's enhabitance. You both seem to have a good basis of knowledge about you judging my the cloth you wear. In would be honored if you were to share some of your experiences with me."

Edited by Thorsten
Didn't get Paglikah's post till after mine went up

Spencer bundled up closely with his jacket, the cold something he loved but couldn't quite stand at the same time. He heard stories about how pretty the Fourth Floor was, but he couldn't quite put it into context how pretty it really was. "Wow... This place is a winter wonderland." He mumbled when he first got to this floor. He spent a few minutes just haphazardly walking around, feeling the snow, and shivering like crazy. It took a few shops but he also got an umbrella, opening up to stop the pestering snow flakes from landing on to his head like they have been. With the cover he brushed himself off and wrung his scarf out, snow falling off of it." Okay, I'm here.... Now what?" He mumbled to himself and walked around with the umbrella up over his head, and took a walk through the winter forest.

His travel slowly brought him up to a frozen lake, that in any other circumstances, he wold be inclined to go ice skating, a nice pass time of his. But, he was stuck in this game where something so sweet usually wont happen, also because he spotted a group of people that were talking near by. "Should I say hi? Yes.. Come on Spencer you are trying to  make friends." He spoke to himself and walked in there direction, keeping his bright brown eyes trained on the group, not sure exactly what to say."Nice Scarf" he said to a player (Macradon) and smiled softly at the group." Sorry, the floor has been quiet and lonely, saw a group of players and decided to slide in to say hello."

The small trio turned into a crowd of five. Vale smiled happily at the two new attendee's to the small get together, "It's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances." The Neko girl said happily, her tail swashing around with her ears twitching slightly due to the cold. She dropped her finger and summoned her panther fur cloak to go on top of her, The hood which looked like a literal panther's face covered her face down to her nose. Her paws fit neatly into the arms, she held the free-flowing center of it together by hugging herself she was able to cover all her exposed skin with the cloak happily. The girl flashed a cheeky little smile to the group.

Vale accepted the hand of Paglikha, "It's nice to meet you as well." The soft fur rubbing up on both sides of his hand as she used both hands to grab his, "Do you mind if I can you Kalu-san instead? Kaluluwa is a handful to say every time." She smiled happily at him. Turning to Thorsten and the man introduced himself as wishing to be named he showed little knowledge of the world. Which in essence was fine, not everyone was a worry wart like Vale and studied everything under the sun to understand as much as she does, "You've never heard of a sub dungeon? I have a map to one on the eleventh floor, I am supposed to meet Macradon there tomorrow. But we can see about making it later today instead? I think we can account for everyone if others are interested." She asked the group, there were a few stops she needed to visit before making it to the eleventh floor. She had enough time till they had to meet up to do some dungeon delving.  The newest person to join them had an umbrella, that and the man looked absolutely adorable, Vale just wanted to snuggle right up to him immediately.

Edited by Vale

A new person joined the group of wondering adventurers. Whilst apparently unfamiliar to the rest, this man was not unfamiliar to Silver. After the man finished explaining, what he was to be called and the woman had explained her plan. Silver looked to Spencer with a warm smile. “How wonderful to meet you once again Spencer. It is truly a pleasure to be graced with your presence once more. I must ask, my sandy haired friend, what brings you to this world of winter?” Silver looked to the woman whilst he awaited a response. “I would be honored to join you. I only ask that you be okay with me asking questions along the way. I wish to learn as much about life and the world, both this one and the one our bodies reside in, as possible so that I may pass down that knowledge to younger generations and better their understanding through the experiences of others. With that I bid you, lead the way Madam” Silver fell back in the group, allowing the cat girl to take lead. He was excited to see where this journey would take him, and he had not a fear in the world.

A small crowd was slowly gathering, but it wasn’t that uncommon to happen on the lower floors, if an already small group was made, it would only get bigger over time, that’s how you survived, that’s how the human race would survive, in a pack. It didn’t bother him the slightest, it was quite a welcoming sight, seeing those who had taken their courage to venture out, better than seeing the old frontliners retire and no one filling their places. “Pagli- kalualululull-pakgluhulu” he mumbled, fumbling with the name of the new guy who just arrived at the small gathering “Uhhh ….” he said under his breath. He would calm himself and snap his fingers and end them in a finger gun pointing at the guy “Nice ot meet you too, Paglikha, I’m Macradon by the way” he said and changed his finger gun into a clenched fist with a thumbs up and pointed the thumb towards himself as he introduced himself. He would walk up to him and grab him by the underside of the forearm in a warrior’s handshake “Nice to make your acquaintance” he said.

Listening to the man with funny eyes, Macradon would bow his head lightly as he stepped away from Paglikha again. “I dunno, Silver does fit you, but if you’re more comfortable people not using your name, I can call you Thorsten” he said with a smile as his scarf fell down again from its own weight. Nearly everyone he met in this game were quirky in their own way, no one were a “regular” person if you could even call anyone  that, no one were “regular”. Looking over at yet another person joining the group, Macradon would don a wide smile and throw a peace sign towards the man with his left hand while flickering his scarf with his right, making it flow in the win to give the most over dramatic effect as possible. He would snicker lightly and wink and him and reply “No problem, the more the merrier for what I know”.

Listening to the small chatter, Macradon would come with his own comment at this and open his mouth, going into a serious pose again. Visible changes in his face would show as Macradon changed from casual to battle-ready. “I’d have no problems taking anyone into the dungeon, it wouldn’t be a problem, and I’d love to share my knowledge about this world I know of” he said, with a small smirk on his lips. Even though these players hadn’t taken the leap of actually helping clearing the game yet, Macradon did not despise them, they probably weren’t fit for the job with their mentality, but with them growing physically and mentally stronger, these could be vital assets to the frontlines.

Spencer smiled warmly to the group, it had been a while since he felt included in a group of people, it felt very nice. "Wow, we have our own little party coming together." He smiled a bit and looked at the other people, surprised that everyone just kind of congregated to the spot and hung out. The group talked, Macradon talking the most about everything and bringing up a dungeon. Dungeon? Lord I haven't done anything like that before. Little stressful if I do ask myself... But, with all these strong players I think we could do it. I know that with me being a level 1 I can't do anything except be a cheerleader in the sidelines... Would be a cute unifor- Okay lost train of thought

Spencer shook his head and sighed a bit, losing himself in his thoughts was a common thing that he did a lot of the time. "So, whats the first stop? I think Vale said something about making stops on other floors? I'd love to visit some of the other floors. I haven't done really anything before." He mumbled and blushed slightly. He didn't really get out much, groups not really being his thing, but he was making himself get out there and this was the best way for him to do it.

The most adorable of the men had come, and Vale couldn't help but constantly shift her eyes and look at Spencer as he had introduced himself. Every now and again with Macradon's bellowing voice would she get distracted and listen to the man, nodding with the man, "I think Silver is a much more intriguing name, it's adorable yet masculine at the same time." She stated after Macradon made the compliment on his birth name, "But we'll only call you what you wished to be called." She stated. Then here good friend Macradoodle as she had dubbed him in her head, swapped to his entire battle regalia as she was used to seeing, He was more in spirit for doing the dungeon before anything else, Vale rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Alright alright, but at least let us stop by the sixth floor, I just have to drop something off and we can make our way to the dungeon Macradon-dono." She said with a bit of humor in her voice.

Vale looked at Spencer, seeing him mumble to himself while blushing just ate Vale up. She quickly approached the boy and smiled, "You know you're quite adorable." She smiled genuinely at the man, "You have nothing to worry about with me around." her ear twitched cutely as she raised her paw up to her head, "I can promise we'll protect everyone here without a shadow of a doubt in my mind." Turning to look at Macradon and the rest of the group, "Lets head to town then!" She said happily and began walking forward toward Snowfrost Village where the Teleportation gate resided.

Kaluluwa was always more of an introvert. He always wanted a close group of friends as compared to a massive crowd. It was something that made him a shut-in for the longest time when the death game was announced, of course accompanied with the fear. However, he felt at ease around these people. The small danger system in the back of his mind was turned off. Looking at Macradon and Vale, it certainly did seem that they could protect all of them. Their somewhat careless attitude was not of naïvety, but of following a habit with confidence. Okay, just partially from naïvety. He could tell from the way Macradon gave him a warrior's handshake of gripping wrists instead of a businessman's handshake of... shaking hands. He could tell from Vale's carefree attitude.

It wasn't long until he noticed that Vale was going towards the town, when he started walking to catch up. When he finally did, Kaluluwa spoke. "It's fine by me if you call me Kalu-san or Kalu-kun. Or anything else of that variation. I never did have any nickname." At that last sentence, Kaluluwa stared off into space. He did have some nicknames that his parents gave him, just not honorable ones. "Yeah", he whispered under his breath, "Never had one."

It had been one of those days, at which nothing ever happened. Hei had been up early so he would have time to prepare for a long day in his shop, when he realized that he was nearly out of mats, and as he was waiting for an order of uniforms for his new formed guild he wouldn't be able to craft anything this day. So instead of crafting some nice pieces of equipment, it would be a day of just sitting around and waiting for people to come into his shop, and Hei was not a big fan of that, so it happened that he would take a day of.

After a nice little breakfast Hei left the Hanger with a sign on the door, that the shop would be closed today and went for a walk on the first floor, but all those grassy hills where what he could see everyday and so he stopped and went back to town rather quickly. In there he thought about where he could go and the fourth floor sprang to mind. - I always loved the cold on this floor, and it is quite the few to see the sun shimmering in all those icicles and the bright snow. And besides that, Eatos lives up there, maybe I should pay her a visit - he thought, and decided that today would be a cold day for him.

When Hei appeared in the freezing cold of the fourth floor, a slight shiver went over his body, before he adjusted to it. Wearing only his short sleeveless cloth he should be freezing, but the cold didn't bother him, as he was one of those, who always were warm. His breath was steaming when he made his way towards the outskirts of the town, as he wanted to have a look at the frozen forest one couldn't see from the teleportation area. Once he had arrived at the outskirts, facing the direction the lake was somewhere a while away, he sat down onto a bench and enjoyed the look over the shining white snowy landscape and the frozen trees.

After Spencer was done mumbling to himself about everyone, a neko girl approached him and started to reassure him about everyone being able to protect. He smiled warmly at her and nodded. "Thank you, just I only knew Silver before this and we met one time, so a little worried is all." He smiled and blushed, shrugging a bit as they continued to walk."Oh! I haven't ever been on floor 6 before, this should be fun." He sighed happily now, be able to visit other floors he hasn't been on before. Spencer continued to walk with the group, surprised that the group just kind of accepted him with nothing else said about it. They seem like they are a cool and confident set of group, chill and easy to get along with, I like that a lot. I just hope that they are cool with me basically doing nothing, cause I can't really do anything in battle, I could be a distraction.. But if I get hit I'm basically dead, I would not be a good distraction. His mental monoloque ended when he saw the floor teleportation platform.

Looking at vale, Macradon would respond “Sixth floor, eh. Haven’t been there in ages” he said with a smile that turned into a smirk. He would look at the ensemble before him, Macradon would begin to walk towards the closest town where the whole lot could get up to the sixth floor, letting Vale drop whatever she needed to drop off. The rest could possibly stay together at a small plaza and mingle with each other in the meantime, they were probably going with the rest to the dungeon, which could become very dangerous, but if they just worked their way properly and planned everything ahead, having these with them wouldn’t be much of a hindrance. Thinking about the circumstances, an 11th floor dungeon wouldn’t be that difficult if he remembered correctly, but from what he also remembered, the monsters would scale to the highest player on the team, he had to do some info searching while on the sixth floor to see if anything has updated since he last ventured into a sub-dungeon. "Let's get going!" he said with a cheery voice and walked away through the snowy field.