[PP-F21] <<Trouble in the Mines>> Blueberries and Oranges

This time, Mari attacked first - there was only one drakeling left, and she'd rather not be blown with blasts of fire in her face whilst she was trying to have a conversation. It was a good thing that the Dragon Hunter Anthology questline helped numb her to the death of countless baby dragons - though these weren't as cute. 

With a quick slash using the Weeping Moon skill, Mari had made short work of the Drakeling- although she didn't see the last skin they needed.

"Up to something...." Mari mused. "Mmmm...honestly, I don't know her well enough to say. She seems rather skittish around me, maybe....I guess afraid..." Mari rubbed the back of her head. "As I said Chase, my past isn't exactly good. I wasn't a good person." She held up her hand so he wouldn't interject. "Zandra remembers how I was back then - so that's why she's wary around me. But she's not a bad person, least I don't think so. But I can't fathom why she would extend that to you. I've only just met you, so it ain't got shit to do with me."

@ChaseR

Weeping Moon (9 Energy +2 per target hit) - Do a single and powerful 360-degree spin  x9
19 x 9 =171 - 15=156

ID: 171750: Weeping Moon > Drakeling 22:  BD:10 HIT   CD:4 No skin
ID:171751 Skinning Drakeling 21 - CD: 6 NO SKIN

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 48/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 91/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 21: HP: 0/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4]
Drakeling 22: HP: 0/350 (-213 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [0/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no motive to do that whatsoever. That was alright, sometimes people acted this way just because they could- Zandra didn't come off like that though. Battlethirsty and a liar, she could be trying to pull anything on him. He'd keep an eye out for her, but... the warning was very much appreciated. At the sight of no other skins, he just walked up to Mari and gave her a brief hug, smiling as he thanked her. "... Thanks for being honest with me. I prefer that to finding out on my own next time I meet her.". She was doing the right thing.

Now that that was over with, he quickly pulled back and looked at the next two drakelings up ahead, running over and slashing them- one gets hit, the other one frozen. However, contrary to every other time, the one that simply got struck managed to land its fiery attack right at them, hurting them slightly. Nothing that would take over two turns to heal up, needless to say. "One final skin, let's go!"

Spoiler

image.png.effcf4bdd2463bb2e0ac50a5d153ed1d.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 23 & 24! (BD: 7, 10)
18 * 12 - 15 = 216 - 15 = 201 [Drakeling 23]
19 * 12 - 15 = 228 - 15 = 213 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE [Drakeling 24]

Drakeling 23 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 9)
100 unmitigatable AoE damage

[0,2] ChaseR: HP: 970/1070 | EN: 36/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,3] Mari: HP: 1510/1610 | EN: 91/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 23: HP: 149/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 24: HP: 113/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED [24] (1/2)

Total Skins: 10

Edited by ChaseR

"One final skin, let's go!"

Mari nodded. They had done quite a lot, hadn't they. Mari never really expected to do this - go through an entire cave system with a youth who somehow psuedo-adopted her as his mother (was that a thing? She supposed it was now) "I have a feelin' we'll get it now." Mari tapped her temple. "Mothers intuition."

And with that she turned to the Drakelings, spurred on with the thought that this would be the last lot, the last time she had been blown up in the face. With a quick and precise sweeping motion of her two handed spear, coupled with the <<Weeping Moon>>Sword Art Mari made short work of them, two skins dropped and Mari picked  both up with a triumphant look on her face. "Told ya." Mari said as she threw them to Chaser.

"Try not to judge her too harshly, she may have her own reasons. Give her a chance to broach the subject and come clean herself. If she doesn't then ask her."  She turned to him as they started to backtrack out of the cave system, luckily - they weren't respawning. "I don't lie, I don't like it, I may I suppose...Lie by omission of truth sometimes though..." Mari said with a cough. "But - flat out lying, no - I don't have time to  keep up with all that."

@ChaseR

Weeping Moon (9 Energy +2 per target hit) - Do a single and powerful 360-degree spin  x9
19 x 9 =171 - 15=156
ID:171755 > Drakeling 25  BD:10 HIT  CD:10  SKIN GET
ID: 171756 > Drakeling 24 BD: 2+6=8-1=HIT  CD:11 SKIN GET

[0,2] ChaseR: HP: 970/1070 | EN: 36/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,3] Mari: HP: 1510/1610 | EN: 91/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 23: HP: 149/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 24: HP: 113/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED [24] (1/2)
Total Skins 12

Edited by Mari

With the final skins in their possession now, he nodded. The way that she called herself mother made it funny to even think back to how she did all in her power before to refuse being called that, yet now she was fully acting the part too. What she said though was true. Zandra was suspicious, but she hadn't earned Freyd's treatment of not to be trusted. Just to be watched over due to... suspicious, rather, behavior. While walking out of the cave system now that all the drakelings they'd seen were dead, he sheathed his sword and kept his hands in his jacket's pockets.

"Well, it's hard for somebody to never tell a lie. But... I know what you mean. Flat out lying is... I was going to find out sooner or later. She's either up to something or she tried to... I don't know. I've no idea. I'll keep an eye out for her either way, so thanks for telling me the truth again.", he thanked her once more and after a bit of silent walking, they finally came back out of where they entered. He took the drakeling skins from Mari and went off to pick up their rewards, letting the quest giver know that there were two of them. While he was gone, the quest completion notification showed up and he eventually returned with two pouches of Col in his hands- one for himself and one for her. Passing one of the two, he smiled at her and just gave her a hug one last time.

"... Thank you a lot for this walk. And for telling me about Zandra and... All. Thanks Ma. Can we keep in touch? There's few people like you in here and I don't want to just be a stranger.", he grumbled and sent her a friend request, looking at his menu from over her shoulder and closing it back up. "I can sneak you into my house and treat you to tea or whatever some time if you'd like. I have to return the favor."

Total Skins: 12

Edited by ChaseR

"You know, I'd rather you not sneak me into anywhere." Mari said matter-of-factly as she took the bag of Col from him, thankful that he didn't just run off with it. "But I have a home outside snowfrost on the fourth floor. It's not very big, but it's...cozy. I have a bed there if you ever need a night away from everything, and a seat by a roaring fire. I'll even have some hot drinks handy." Ever since her run in with Seul, and Aiko Mari was sure to keep more than just hot tea on hand.

Chaser wrapped her up in another hug goodbye as he thanked her again. "R-Really, its nothing." Mari said with a few small pats on his back. "I'm a little...uh..shocked I've helped you so much but..." Mari drew away and offered him a smile in return. "But - in someway, you really helped me too." And he had - if Mari hadn't run into him she probably would have just outright wandered down to her meeting with Zandra - and with her mindset the way it had been lately...

There was a very real chance Zandra may have retaliated in a less than positive way.

"We can keep in touch." Mari assured him as she accepted his friend request.

That...might be nice.

COMPLETION REWARDS:
ALL PLAYERS GET:
3SP (2 Quest +1 for 10 Skins)  +1 EVENT + 4 PAGE = 8 TOTAL SP
6000 COL QUEST + 800 COL PAGES = 6800 COL TOTAL

Edited by Mari