[PP-F21] <<Trouble in the Mines>> Blueberries and Oranges

Mari followed suit, right behind Chaser - she activated her charge skill and did an amazing attack - look its 4:30 am - Mari's attack was stunning, powerful. And imposing, like a icestorm, it would chill one to the bone or something. Just imagine that happening. Also, one of the drakelings died, but the other lived.

"UGh...." Mari sighed as she pushed her fringe up and out of her face. Eyebrows furrowed in mild frustration as ice blue eyes fell to the remaining drakeling - it seemed to prance around. Mocking them. "It's a fairly spry one, ain't it?" She muttered, disdain clear on her seething tone.

She held up the thin, shimmery material that resembled the other drakelings skin. "Least I seem to be pretty lucky on these, no?" She asked with a tilt of her head. "How many does that put us at now five?

[x15] Dimension Stampede (17 Energy) - An attack with four fast stabs, only to be concluded by a jumping slam from above. 
Action: Charged Dimension Stampede  24x17=408-15=393
ID:169244 Bd: 8 HIT
Skinning Drakeling ID:169245  CD:9

[1,2] ChaseR: HP: 970/1070  | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1582/1610 | EN: 141/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 -17 EN

Drakeling 5: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 6: HP: 0/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]-393

*Each Drakeling will attack with an AoE dealing 100 unmitigatable damage. After a 4 turn cooldown, the Drakeling will use Breath of Fire again.

Total Skins: 4

@ChaseR

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as Mari finished her target off, he nodded and dipped right in for another strike. The moment his attack was going to connect with the drakeling though, it quickly maneuvered not only under his blade but also right next to him, sneaking in for a quick slash right at his side. Despite his vampiric effect, battle healing and holy blessing all popping off, his health dropped right on through the healing effects and crippled him slightly. Whatever these drakelings were, he definitely had no remorse for killing them.

They were dangerous and truly out for anybody's heads, so long as they approached them. "Damn, they hit hard. Mari, help me take this one down.", he grunted and looked back, not wanting to sound pathetic while asking for her help. He didn't see it as him having any more choices than that though. Despite how light his armor was, either the drakelings were too evasive or his 'light armor' was still weighing him down too much. He knew just how skilled with the blade he was, on his own.

Spoiler

image.png.4dd06acc59d35dddd43e3ec48cce3075.png

Chase uses Galaxy Desroyer on Drakeling 5! (BD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

Drakeling 5 attacks Chase! (MD: 7)
200 - 43 = 167

[2] ChaseR: HP: 904/1070 (+101, -167) | EN: 93/104 (+1, -2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0] Mari: HP: 1582/1610 | EN: 141/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Drakeling 5: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [2/4]

*Each Drakeling will attack with an AoE dealing 100 unmitigatable damage. After a 4 turn cooldown, the Drakeling will use Breath of Fire again.

Total Skins: 4

Edited by ChaseR
Made another typo on roll, wowie. What a surprise!!!!

Mari drew in a breath and exhaled slowly. Why did it feel like she was the one doing all the damage? She shouldn't complain. This would get them a decent amount of Col and experience - and with the boss battle ever looming... Mari relaxed her shoulders and cracked her neck. "It's not too bad." She commented about how hard they hit. "If we were fighting in the middle of a volcano, maybe it'd be a different story but-" She paused and held out her hand, fingers licking the flames that burst forth from the Drakeling. 

"I kinda like the tickling warmth of the flames."

It wasn't like they could feel pain, just an uncomfortable sensation. Mari turned her attention to the remaining drakeling, even with her more powerful attack, it wouldn't instantly die.

What a bother.

Mari charged forward, and activated her <<Dimension Stampede>> skill, ripping through the Drakeling, leaving it with only a sliver of its health left.

Mari straightened herself, rubbing a shoulder. "Mmm. If I had known I'd be fighting so many of these, I'd have come with some damage crystals." Her eyes lifted to the ceiling. "When was the last time I made anything like that?" The question was rhetorical. Somewhere along the way...she had lost her passion for crafting things. Rather, she lost her will for a lot of things.

@ChaseR

[x15] Dimension Stampede (17 Energy) - An attack with four fast stabs, only to be concluded by a jumping slam from above. 
19 x 15=285-15=270
ID:169626  BD:7 + 4=11-1=HIT

[1,2] ChaseR: HP: 970/1070  | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1582/1610 | EN: 124/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 -17 EN

Drakeling 5: HP: 80/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] - 270
Drakeling 6: HP: 0/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]-393

Edited by Mari

With Mari crippling it, he finally managed to run up close and slash it down, out of the air and down to the ground. He crouched to look for another skin, but no luck so far. Maybe it'd be best for them to just go off with ten skins after all, given how slow this process was. No matter. They'd get at the very least ten by the looks of it, and that was alright. If they decided to stay for more, they would. "Nothing here... Sorry for leaving the heavy lifting to you because I can't aim right at times.", Chase huffed and looked down to the side.

It took a moment of running back their convo but he raised his head, looking at her with a small smile. "... Orange? Can I call you that? Since you called me blueberry. It's not like Mari, but... I-If you're fine with it.", he asked her somewhat high in spirits again. He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy being able to feel more familiar with her nearby, as long as they weren't in danger because of monsters or making wrong moves of course.

Spoiler

image.png.79e69563656278297914d4f5e398bbdb.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Desroyer on Drakeling 5! (BD: 9)
18 * 13 - 15 = 234 - 15 = 219

ChaseR looks for Hatchling Skin! (CD: 4)
No Hatchling Skin acquired.

[3] ChaseR: HP: 952/1070 (+48) | EN: 84/104 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[1] Mari: HP: 1582/1610 | EN: 124/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Drakeling 5: HP: 0/350 (-219) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [4/4]

Hatchling Skin acquired: 0

Edited by ChaseR

Mari tried to give Chaser a reassuring smile, although the look that pulled her lips into a grin probably seemed more strained than comforting. "Ya shouldn't worry about it." Mari offered. "I'm used to it - and-" Her shoulders rose and fell in a shrug before Mari crossed her arms under her chest. She wasn't sure if she should continue, and yet- she had already started, hadn't she? It'd be unfair to leave the kid on unspoken words like that. "And..." She paused, her eyes drifting to the ground. "If I'm being honest - it makes me feel...useful." Mari needed that. To feel useful, hell- to feel anything beyond an apathetic dullness. 

"... Orange? Can I call you that?"

Mari blinked. He wanted to call her...what? "I uh...Y-Yeh." The innocent question took her aback. She wasn't used to people wanting to give her nicknames. Hell, Mari barely realized that she had called him blueberry till he reminded her. 

"Call me whatever." Mari said again as she gestured for him to follow her further into the cavern.
@ChaseR

Edited by Mari

Seeing Mari become gloomy again made Chase feel somewhat distraught. With a deep sigh, he followed right behind her once given the permission to call her with the new nickname, stuffing both of his hands in his pockets and grumbling. "... I prefer it when you smile, even if you're faking it...". For as childish as it might have sounded, it was true. He could tell she wasn't genuinely happy, especially if she was getting such mood swings at simple questions or apologies like this, but it made him feel sad to see her this way, as much as it made him angry to hear about what sort of shit Freyd had pulled on her.

"I hear flapping. Watch out.", he quickly warned and walked up in front of her, looking around with a sharp glare in his face as two more Drakelings showed up from further down the cave. They didn't attack quite yet, instead letting the players make their first move. Suspicious on their motives, Chase held his sword up and looked over his shoulder with a nod, signalling Mari to take the liberty and start hacking at them freely.

Spoiler

[0,0] ChaseR: HP: 984/1070 (+32) | EN: 85/104 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 125/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Drakeling 7: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4]
Drakeling 8: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4]

"... I prefer it when you smile, even if you're faking it...

If that was the case... then Mari would. She'd been faking it for so long now, after her run in with Freyd Mari almost let that slip. Heh how silly of her. Mari glanced over her shoulder and flashed Chaser a small smile. "I won't make any promises I can't keep, but I'll try for you Chaser." She offered him a wink and a wider grin before facing the front again as he mentioned that he could hear the flapping of wings. Normally, this'd be where she'd say a pun...right?

"So...guess we just gotta keep winging it then, huh?"

Did Chaser appreciate puns? No matter. He would eventually. Especially around her.

Mari charged forward- feet glowing with the charge skill - and spear glowing with an activated Sword art, she madr a quick slash at the first Drakeling, but missed - the follow through tore through the second, and it exploded where it sat.

"MMm....After this battle remind me to let us take a quick break - I got a feast that'll increase our accuracy." She paused and shrugged as she hefted the spear over her shoulder. "If you're interested that is."

Drakeling 8 ID:170572  BD:5+4=9-3=HIT    CD: 1 Skinning failed

@ChaseR

Passive: +1 EN | +72 BH
[0,0] ChaseR: HP: 984/1070  | EN: 85/104  | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 109/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15  -17 EN

Drakeling 7: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4]
Drakeling 8: HP: 0/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] - 393

Edited by Mari

The way that she joked and the pun she made... were absolutely horrible. So bad, that Chase just began to chuckle. "Y-You're so bad at this-", he stopped because of his chuckling, watching her go. At her proposal though, he just shrugged nonchalantly, taking a glance at his energy bar before shaking his head. "We don't need to rest but whatever you want. Some more accuracy definitely would make this go by faster.", he grinned at her and began to make his way up front to the other Drakeling that prepared an attack, clenching his sword's hilt tightly.

As soon as his attack landed, he could see flames already beginning to form inside of the drakeling's mouth. The ice enveloping it however quickly spread over to its mouth and made a small muzzle, causing the ice to evaporate from the breath of fire it just absorbed. Running back, he looked at Mari with a grin, happy to have deflected the attack for now. "You'd look even better if you smiled and meant it though.", he remarked with a toothy grin, gesturing her to finish the opponent off.

Spoiler

image.png.3064d13f8107e19667bcf652723aeb2d.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Drakeling 7! (BD: 10)
20 * 13 - 15 = 260 - 15 = 245 + T2 BLEED

Drakeling 7 is frozen! (MD: -)

[0] ChaseR: HP: 1016/1070 (+32) | EN: 85/104  | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 109/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15  -17 EN

Drakeling 7: HP: 81/350 (-245 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Mari's heath barely shifted, every time she was blasted her health trickled back up to full. Was this what it felt like to be strong? To not worry about things? So - was this strength wasted on someone like her? Someone who just didn't want to be here? It made her  feel a little guilty. Still. Mari had a job to do. She turned her eyes to Chaser. Right. People like him. They needed to escape this place.

You'd look even better if you smiled and meant it though."

"You know if you said that to the wrong person it'd probably warrant a slap to the face, but I get it. It's...a sweet sentiment from you." Mari mused. She knew he didn't mean it , hell he was probably too young and carefree to realize. "The amount of times I was told that in the office made me want to staple-gun those mens mouths into a permanent grin." Her words were meant as a joke, but were spoken with a cruel clarity which could have been mistaken for a threat. 

Mari dashed forward, and with a few quick stabs into the baby dragons gut - the last of its health disappeared. Mari checked to see if it dropped any skins, but had no luck. "Luckily for you, I don't have any of those." She added with a wry grin as she reached out and gave him a small pat on the back.

@ChaseR

ID:170714  BD:4 + 4= 8-1=HIT
CD: 7 SKinning failed.

Passive: +1 EN | +72 BH
[0] ChaseR: HP: 984/1070  | EN: 85/104  | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 94/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15  -17 EN

Drakeling 7: HP: 0/350  | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Edited by Mari

Her comments somewhat scared him, but then again, he couldn't feel pain in this world. Even if she did something as uh... slightly horrifying as that, he wouldn't- N-No, better not think about it. He hadn't even realised this could be considered flirting, just speaking his mind- hell, this brought into question just how gloomy she was back in the real world if adults were consciously saying that... assuming they spoke out of interest and not the romantic kind. The back pat was enough to get him to smile even wider, childish glee all over his face.

He searched the Drakeling's body but didn't find anything, letting out a deep and drawn out sigh before getting back up to stretch. This was going to be a big pain in the neck by the looks of it, and much more than anticipated at that, too. "No skin again... How many do you want to shoot for? I didn't mind twenty initially but it's such a drag... I don't mind being with you though, I feel more at ease.", he grumbled and shared his piece of mind just to show how indecisive he was. Well, it might seem that way actually, but this was the first instance he had such conflicting interests.

"... Mari is powerful. And I like her. She's a good ally to keep close... I wonder if we'll be able to help one another during the boss fight.". His mind had completely wandered off as he waited for an answer, thinking over to the next few days to come.

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 (+60) | EN: 86/104 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 94/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Edited by ChaseR

"You came in here wanting twenty, right?" Mari asked as she opened up her inventory, breezing through it - she had bought a feast earlier, right? Now...Where was that.... She sounded distracted with her next words, as her eyes were focused on the menus before her. "Then isn't the answer obvious? You keep going until you hit 20. You're not in danger- you're not tired. Hell - " Mari paused, shifting her blue gaze up toward him. "You claim you even don't mind my company, so - tell me, why would you stop?"

Mari pulled out one of the feasts she had, she mostly had been avoiding it because she didn't like sweets, sure - she could have pulled out to serves of Ramen, but this felt more attuned to Chasers tastes. "You strike me as a kid who likes sweets." Mari mused as she took out the large cheesecake. It shimmered, and transformed into two single serve pieces.  They were made with a thick, creamy cheese base- and a strawberry colis oozed over the sides - each peace dotted with neat slices of strawberries around the edge. Strawberry Cheesecake - Cooking Games

Mari shifted, moving to sit cross-legged on the ground. She offered him a plate. "Here. It's got an accuracy buff, so with any luck, we shouldn't be missing any more of those drakelings." There was a pause, followed by a snort. "We can't let this drag-on forever.

@ChaseR

[T1E2] A Feast of Strawberry Cheesecake (1)
[ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]       -UsED
All Party members receive +2 ACC

Passive:
+1 EN  
ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 (+60) | EN: 86/104 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 95/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Her answer warmed his heart a little bit, to see that she didn't mind his company either. He wanted to refute her claim that he was a kid though, but... she wasn't really wrong. Especially compared to her, he was a brat still. "I-It looks so good.", he stammered as soon as the cheesecake showed up. Sure, it wasn't part of his ordinary tastes, but... If she had the feast, that means she must have cooked it herself- or somebody she's familiar with either way. He trusted her, and that's why he didn't take any longer to bite into it and gobble the piece right up.

The taste was just as good as its appearance hinted it would be, and he even squealed out of happiness while eating. The joke was as horrible as the last one, getting him to start cackling like a madman. "You're so bad with jokes, stoooop~.", he replied while laughing, the smile never leaving his lips.

With the plate disappearing when he finished his meal, he waited cross-legged next to her. And as soon as she was done, he ambushed her by practically throwing himself onto her and giving her a brief but tight hug, thanking her with a warm voice and equally sheepish smile. "Thank you Ma!". As much of a slip up as it was, he couldn't really be bothered to hold himself. The meal was delicious and it'd help get the job done. She'd done little other than make him feel at ease throughout, after all, too. 

[Chase uses Filling on the feast! +1 ACC]

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 (+60) | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 95/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Chaser seemed a little too excited for the treat. Completing how it looked. Mari thought it just looked 'sweet' Didn't all those sort of cakes look the same? "I was given it by someone...uhm..." Mari paused, what was her name again? "NIGHT - I believe. It was a nice...thought considering I don't really get to eat regular food like this. Most the good chefs all reside within the safe zones."  Cordelia wasn't though, hell, Mari loved the fact that the woman had set her shop up close. But even Mari was getting a little sick of ramen.

Mari didn't eat her meal nearly as quickly - she had eaten just enough of it to gain the stat bonus and gently placed the remaining half into Chaser's lap. "You can eat the rest if you want." Mari reached up and gave him two gentle pats on the head before pulling her hand away with a sigh. "I'm not too fond of sweets. If you don't like it, feel free to drop it, it'll disappear soon anyway."

"You're so bad with jokes, stoooop~.

Mari reached over and picked up a strawberry from the remaining cheescake slice, "You think?" She asked. "I think they're berry good." She added with a small smile. Watching him laugh in earnest made her feel a little better about herself. For so long Mari felt like she had always had a negative impact on people, but on him? He seemed to calm down around her.

Then, came the sudden rush of him and if Mari didn't see a barreling blur of blue coming to her she'd probably have fallen down, but Mari had juuust enough time to brace herself as Chaser wrapped his arms around her shoulders in a sideward hug. "I uh..." Mari wsn't sure how to act. If she weren't in shock she may have returned the awkward hug but instead she just rested her hand on his head. "Y-You'r welcome."

Why would he willingly hug her like that?

@ChaseR

Passive: En +1
ChaseR: 
HP: 1070/1070 (+60) | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 96/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

So if NIGHT had brought it, it must have been... Oh well, he didn't care as long as it tasted good- and that it certainly did. That's all that he cared about. The next pun just made him chuckle even further, and the headpats almost made him melt. He definitely needed a 'motherly' figure around, and to be fair, this was... probably the most affection he'd gotten throughout how many years? How long had they been trapped in here? This was the most therapeutic meeting he'd ever had, which was funny considering he first broke down in front of the orange player earlier. 

"Your puns are absolutely horrible, please, please don't stop~.", he chuckled under his breath and lingered a bit further in the hug before slowly pulling himself away, offering her the same smile as before, except much more genuine. Even without it while he was eating, it was easy to see that he was at his happiest, right now. What he was eating, were the leftovers from Mari- he gobbled them down almost instantly, squealing again out of excitement and placing the plate next to them on the ground only for it to disappear.

With that, Chase slowly pulled himself back up to his feet and turned to the side, holding a hand out for Mari to take and help herself up. "We just have to get fourteen more skins then- let's keep up the hard work~.", the bluehead chirped and waited until she was up too, stretching his limbs. Little small breaks like that honestly felt incredible, however unnecessary they might have been from the get-go. 

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 158/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

"Sure." Mari reached out and grabbed his hand, using it to pull herself up. Chaser seemed to be in light spirits; and the way he acted...Mari really wondered if he was 18 - or 8. But, moody changes like that probably came with being a teenager. It was a shame Mari would never experience that with Evelyn. Her smile faded a tad but she quickly recovered. "Ah, yes." Mari continued now, walking side by side with Chaser. 

"So uh...I guess you don't get to eat sweets often then?" She inquired. "With your reaction, I mean...like...hell I can't go into towns but I feel like I still manage to get a decent meal every now and again. You eatin' okay?" Mari scratched her cheek, talking more to herself with the next comment. "Although I suppose you don't need to eat it. But from experience I know its painful..." She gave Chaser a worried glance. "So uh...you are eating, aren't you?"

@ChaseR

En+1
ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 158/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

A low chuckle was heard in response, before Chase nodded to her. "I know how to take care of myself, calm down. I did have less funds to off of around a week or two ago because I was level one, but... I sort of rushed through quests with some people, killed a lot of monsters on my own and got enough Col to eat nicely every day. It's a nice change, from dry bread to proper meals. But... Do you find good places often outside of safezones? Isn't it less welcoming out there?", he asked her with a small frown on his face, curiosity in his eyes.

By this point, he seemed to have the mentality of a child and adult mixed in one, alongside the eyes of a puppy. "I don't think I could ever try to live out like that so I mean... It has to be rough, right?". He didn't break up his tone, even when they saw some Drakelings further up ahead. With a quick dash right towards them, he slashed them both down and got their fiery breaths to miss without using his sword's freeze-properties any. Just deflecting their attacks to the sides, at the walls of the caverns.

Spoiler

image.png.4792f716cece3e8bf4c4c88d707f4774.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 9 & 10! (BD: 10, 8)
18 * 12 - 15 = 216 - 15 = 201

Drakelings 9 & 10 attack ChaseR! (MD: 1, 1)
ATTACK MISSED [Drakeling 9]
ATTACK MISSED [Drakeling 10]

Drakeling 9: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 10: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]

Edited by ChaseR

"Well...it kinda goes without sayin' I am hunted. I'm never really 'safe' and if I'm being honest - I shouldn't be." Mari paused as she shifted her gaze to the two Drakelings in front of them. "I've done terrible things. I don't deserve safety or warmth, or a bed to sleep in."

Mari watched as Chaser darted forward, attacking the two Drakelings. "I don't want anyone else to hold the orange marker I have." Mari said quietly. "Because its not a life anyone should have to live." 
Mari walked up to the Drakelings, casually activating her <<Weeping Moon>> Sword Art - and with a very quick, yet lazy 360*C swipe, Mari had eradicated both of the little creatures. Only just though. Mari bent down, picking up a single skin. "Suppose that meal is already payin' for itself, eh?" Mari said. "Mmm, I only got the one skin though." She stood and brushed the dirt off her knees.

"How about you, can you see any extras?" Mari jabbed the tip of her spear into the ground, an then shifted her weight to lean against it. "If not we can head on over to the next batch over there." Mari jutted her thumb over her shoulder - at the two drakelings in the distance.

@ChaseR

Weeping Moon (9 Energy +2 per target hit) - Do a single and powerful 360-degree spin  x9
19x9=171-15=156
ID:171003 > DRakeling 9  BD: 9! CRIT   CD: 5- NO SKIN
ID:171004 > Drakeling 10  BD:2 +6=8-1= HIT  CD:10 SKIN GOT

Total Skins: 5

Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 147/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15  -11 EN

Drakeling 9: HP: 0/350| DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] -156
Drakeling 10: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] -156

Edited by Mari

And there she went again, talking mad shit about herself within hugging distance. He made his mind. As childish and out of character as it was, he would just hug her every time that she decided to cuss herself out in front of him. With a deep breath, he walked up to her and just hugged her briefly, pulling back after a bit and looking at her with a stern face. "Stop it. Please?". He didn't even wait for an answer though before turning to the two drakelings, looking around. While only one skin was prime enough for foraging, he managed to get a second one through some buffs he had because of his housing.

He held them up to Mari before letting them disappear in his inventory, grinning widely. "I got two more~. That rounds us up to nine, right?", he told her with the same grin, getting back up and looking over at the next batch. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea after all to go and sick 'em too- more drakeling skins after all. "Off we go~!", he chirped and ran right up to them, keeping his blade by the side and running it right into the monsters. While both tried to spit out fire onto the two, one managed to burn his hand slightly and his blade deflected the rest right onto Mari, while the other was caught by Blizz' Embrace's ice and completely encased in it.

"Finish them off!", he chirped to her, watching one pull back and the other fall to the ground before managing to break out of the ice, hissing at the two and preparing its next fiery breath attack. 

Spoiler

image.png.43eb88fd06b5a7f61d2d277e84515e23.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 11 & 12! (BD: 10, 10)
18 * 12 - 15 = 216 - 15 = 201 [Drakeling 11]
20 * 12 - 15 = 260 - 15 = 245 + T2 BLEED + FROZEN [Drakeling 12]

Drakeling 11 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7)
100 unmitigatable AoE damage

ChaseR: HP: 970/1070 (-100) | EN: 79/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1510/1610 (-100) | EN: 147/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 11: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 12: HP: 81/350 (-245 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Total Skins: 5

Edited by ChaseR

"D-Do ya gotta keep doing that?" Mari asked? She didn't want to crush whatever childish notion he had with her, but she also didn't feel completely comfortable with the constant attention. Mari looked up at Chaser with the same gaze a mother would give their child if the child had been caught with peanut butter painted all over themselves. "You're kinda a brat, you know that?" Mari chastised, although there was no malice in her words. "You can't have things just fall to your whims." Mari gently placed her hands over his and pried them away from her.

"You need to be mindful of others and what makes them uncomfortable." Mari added before Chaser ran off to go attack the next set of Drakelings. Mari drew in a breath and held it. Just how old are you really, Chaser?  Mari thought to herself.

Mari offered him a smile when he showed her the next two  skins he'd gotten. "Yeh sounds about right, that means we're just under halfway there. Heh.." She pushed her fringe out of her face. "And you were worried that we wouldn't get there."

She followed suit, approaching behind Chaser quickly - activating her Weeping Moon attack she once again made quick work of the two Drakelings. She scooped up their skins and chucked them toward Chaser.

"Make that over halfway."

@ChaseR
Weeping Moon (9 Energy +2 per target hit) - Do a single and powerful 360-degree spin  x9
ID: 171050  Drakeling 11:  BD:6+6-1=HIT   CD:12 SKinning success
ID:171051  Drakeling 12: BD:8+ 6-1=HIT   CD:10 Skinning success

Passive: En+1
BH: +72 HP

ChaseR: HP: 970/1070  | EN: 79/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1582/1610 | EN: 137/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 11: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 12: HP: 81/350 (-245 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Total Skins: 7

Edited by Mari

Catching the two skins that she threw on to him, he puffed his cheeks and looked at her with a blank expression. "You're talking about making others feel uncomfortable and that I should stop, but you're just going on and on about how shitty of a person you are. You don't stop, I won't stop.", he almost hissed at her, although she could easily tell he wasn't saying this with any malicious intent. For however things were, this was his way of telling her to 'love herself'.

Honestly, she remained the only person to ever get this side out of him. "I'll be a brat if you continue to be a brat. Hmph.", he huffed and looked to the side, seeing some more Drakelings. His cheery attitude dropped almost right away as he ran through his mind to forty or so minutes ago- fighting between themselves and reaching a boiling point the both of them. What made him reach his truly, was remembering what Freyd did to her. He clenched his grip around the sword, grunting and looking down. 

"... Engineered his own way into oblivion...". This phrase just didn't leave the back of his mind. He quietly looked back at Mari, his peppiness completely wiped off as he pointed towards the Drakelings up ahead, another pair in sight. "I'll go hit those. Back me up.", he said rather emotionlessly, attempting to mask his anger that completely nullified his happiness. Hitting the two, it went as per usual- one was frozen solid, the other's attack was deflected in full. Both were hurt and one was even bleeding.

Spoiler

image.png.72bca0cb2d738c774779b9f2370a0cea.png

ChaseR attacks Drakeling 13 & 14! (BD: 10, 10)
20 * 12 - 15 = 260 - 15 = 245 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE

ChaseR: HP: 1018/1070 (+48) | EN: 67/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1582/1610 | EN: 137/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 13: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]
Drakeling 14: HP: 81/350 (-245 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Total Skins: 7

Edited by ChaseR