[PP-F21] <<Trouble in the Mines>> Blueberries and Oranges

"You don't really know me that well." Mari said sternly. "I'm working on myself, but I can't deny who I used to be. I was a shit person." Mari offered Freyd an attempt at a reassuring smile. "That doesn't mean I can't be a better person though. Part of growing is yanno... accepting your faults and mistakes - and learning to grow from them."  She felt like she was giving him a lesson. Mari coughed. Turning away. "D-Don't mind the lecture, I used to be a teacher so..."

Mari had a feeling Chaser was stubborn though. He probably wouldn't listen, come hell or high waters - he probably saw her as a good person, and wouldn't accept anyone saying otherwise. He even acknowledged it. Stating he'd be a brat, and she couldn't really stop him. 

"Mmmm...." Mari would have crossed her arms at this point but he spotted the next set of drakelings, and attacked them. Chaser shot Mari a look she couldn't quite understand - but. She followed suit, backing him up with a rising arc of her own. It struck down the first, but the second dodged, just in time to miss her sweep of the polearm.

"Hey, you okay kid?"

@ChaseR

Weeping Moon (9 Energy +2 per target hit) - Do a single and powerful 360-degree spin  x9
ID:171211 BD:7+6=13-1=12 HIT     Drakeling 13  CD:2 No skin
ID: 171212   Drakeling 14  BD:1 - MISS

Passive: En+1
BH: +72 HP

ChaseR: HP: 1018/1070 (+48) | EN: 67/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 138/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 13: HP: 0/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] -162
Drakeling 14: HP: 81/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

*Each Drakeling will attack with an AoE dealing 100 unmitigatable damage. After a 4 turn cooldown, the Drakeling will use Breath of Fire again.

Total Skins: 7

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing her go on like that was good and all, but... For however much she talked about accepting oneself, she didn't seem to be accepting the fact what had happened had happened and they couldn't do much about it anymore. With a deep sigh, he just shook his head at her question. There was little point in lying about it and pretending he was all fine and dandy. "... Nah, not really. Don't mind me, just...". She wasn't wrong with what she just told him. He didn't know her that well.

That didn't disallow him to sympathize with her or get frustrated because of how shittily Freyd had acted to her. He began to growl as these words left his mouth, feeling the sides of his lips pulling back into an angry frown. "... Fucking Freyd. What he did is unacceptable..!", he almost shouted, gradually raising his tone until by the time he finished his sentence, ice appeared all around his sword and created multiple slashes alongside the blade, leaving the Drakeling to drop on the ground without a single idea what just struck it.

Crouching and looking at the two Drakelings for more skins, Chase ended up finding two and kept his fists clenched, trying to shake the thoughts away. No way he could do that. At best, he'd imitate Mari's solution- smile fakely and... and then what? "... No matter who you are, what he did is unforgivable.", he growled even once a few seconds of silence had passed, looking over his shoulder with a glare that could easily kill, looking right into her eyes. Considering how bratty and childish he acted, this was a look most unfitting to him.

It made him look menacing and angry beyond explanation. His lips were trembling, as were his clenched fists. His whole face was drawn back and alongside the growling, he resembled a threatened animal ready to fight for the death more than he did a human. Stubborn or not, these were his true emotions. And for once, he might even act purely based on them.

Spoiler

image.png.a807d2f7337dc2db05611d360a30a839.png

image.png.0766443d4e99d39fc585eaf7091a2930.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Drakeling 14! (BD: 10)
20 * 13 - 15 = 260 - 15 = 245 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE

CD Rolls:

11 >= 8 SUCCESS (Drakeling 13) Killed before this turn.
8 >= 8 SUCCESS (Drakeling 14)

ChaseR: HP: 1050/1070 (+32) | EN: 58/104 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 138/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 14: HP: 0/350 (-245) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Total Skins: 8

Edited by ChaseR

"Maybe-" Mari said to Chaser when he voiced his clear distaste for Freyd. Was Mari cautious of Freyd? Very much so. But Mari didn't hate him. Mari wasn't a hateful person.She had probably let out all her anger and aggression in the past. "But you gotta remember, it was his gemini - err...thing...that had ripped that outta me. " Mari turned her gaze away from Chaser. "I do believe he had some part in that - but...I can't find it in me to blame him." Mari let her spear drag along the floor as she walked over to Chaser.

He seemed so...frustrated and angry on her behalf. The jovial kid she had seen less than an hour before was all but extinguished. Mari knew that seething rage all too well, how it would eat away at you - corrupt you, place an oily veneer on your reality. It wasn't something that would dissipate with mere words, especially not from Mari.

The pole arm dropped to the floor with a clatter as Mari reached out to Chaser small hands filled with comfort and warmth pressed themselves against his cheeks. "If it makes you feel better, I won't chastise you if you choose to punch him." Mari said quietly. She carefully pressed her hands tighter  against his cheeks, smooshing them together. "Anger doesn't really suit your lil' face." Mari said with an added smile. "I can't tell you not to be, that's your right. But-" Mari removed her hands from his face and then grabbed his trembling hands. 

"All I ask is you remember to breathe, and take a moment. That's all."

And with that, she had turned from him, leaning down to check the dragon- she found nothing. Shame. 

@ChaseR
En+1

Total skins 8

Edited by Mari

When Mari said she couldn't blame Freyd for having felt this horrible, Chase just felt his anger boil up even more. Freyd did this to somebody with no malicious intent whatsoever, all for his own selfish reasons. This was unforgivable and he absolutely had to pay for it. "What you did to Mari, Freyd you fucking monster... You won't get away with it, I'll make you-". Before he could even finish his own sentence inside of his head, his expression softened the moment that his cheeks were cupped. His mind was snapped right back to reality and...

Mari was right. He had to calm down. If anything, now was not the time to lose composure like this. There's no way he'd forget and forgive, but for now, he just had to calm down and listen to her. Deep breaths. That's right. When her warmth left his cheeks and went down to his hands, his face softened even more. His muscles relaxed and his stare was no longer tense. It had gone back to normal, as his hands slowly stopped trembling. With his eyes closing and a drawn out inhale, came an even more drawn out exhale.

Upon opening his eyes again, he looked more... sad. A small, sad smile replaced his rather unsavory grimace from before and he just looked at the woman before him right in the eyes. "... Thanks Ma.". Since they got out of the loop of killing monsters and moving on, now was a good time to take a rest. He quietly plopped onto the ground next to her polearm, sitting against the wall and looking at the cave's ceiling. "I'm sorry. If it feels weird.", the bluehead awkwardly added afterwards, sighing and looking at her to the side like a scolded puppy. "He was already suspicious enough to me. We'd quested together."

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 (+60) | EN: 59/104 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 139/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

As Mari was kneeling down, checking the dragon carcass before it exploded into a sea of data - Chaser had found a place on the ground beside her. Blue hair tousled, masking dreary eyes with an equal shade of blue. Mari turned to him. "Mmm?" He had thanked her, and once again called her Ma - she should probably give up on getting him to call her anything else. If he saw her as a motherly figure (God knows why) then so be it. He seemed downcast. Moments before he had been so full of rage - now he was a lethargic blob. 

"Weird?" Mari questioned. Was he apologizing for the name? "Ah...N-no..." Mari waved him off with a dismissive gesture of her hand. "If it helps...who am I to stop you?" She asked. "I don't quite get why, but...it doesn't mean I won't try to understand. It's the least I can do, right?" 

It was then that Chaser mentioned he had quested with Freyd before. So Chasers anger didn't just come from what Mari had said. "I Gathered you had met him before but...did something bad happen between the two of you?"

@ChaseR
ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 (+60) | EN: 59/104 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 139/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Something bad, huh? They'd had a fair few quarrels about whether killing Kayaba would be the right or wrong thing to do, should they get the chance, and Freyd's response was not the one he wanted. The same way he treated NPCs and the apathy he showed to everyone, it just added up... He could definitely be a good person, but... There was so much wrong with him. Stuff that only he could fix, not the ones around him. Their very core was the same, but their choices were polar opposites. Maybe because they were so much alike, that's why he got angered so much. 

"The whole situation, I mean... Sorry for the name, I can't help it. You're... the only person who's treated me this way in years. I really need someone like that in my life. I won't get you involved, just... Sorry.", he muttered lowly, feeling tears almost come up to his eyes again and quickly wiping them with his hand. And then came the matter of Freyd. "... He wants to kill Kayaba.", he blurted out plainly. Surely, it didn't sound like a big deal. But of all people, Mari who saw how she was treated as a PKer by the boy himself knew all too well how much it meant to him.

"Even if we don't have to, he wants to. He's filled with... just wrong decisions. He mocks the NPCs as a form of hatred to Kayaba and looks after himself and himself only. He tricks others and uses them for his own motives.", he continued, feeling his right fist clenching. On his own though, he began to inhale deeply and exhale, calming down and loosening his balled up fist again. "He's going down the wrong path, and I feel we have a lot in common. I didn't trust him, and especially now, I don't even more."

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2

"Chase...." Mari said. And her calling was soft, exasperated - perhaps a little flustered, but it held a bubbling care that was not uncommon with mothers. Maybe Mari just couldn't help herself. She saw someone in need - and wanted to be the person to help them. Even if that would be a detriment to her, but him so innocently calling her that? It wasn't bad. "I don't mind, I just..." Her thoughts drifted to Aiko, a much, much younger kid - Mari had to assume he was no older than 8 or 9. How he had come into her life like a messy, energetic whirlwind. He spoke about how much he missed his own mother. 

"I don't want you to forget your real family."

Because he had that, so did Aiko, and Baldur - and everyone around her. Mari reached out to Chaser, placing a hand atop his head as he sniffled, then changed topics. "Kill Kayaba, huh?" Mari repeated as her own gaze shifted to the ceiling. "A part of me wants to too - a part of me feels that because of him, I no longer have a daughter."

Mari stopped. No. It wasn't because of him. It was because of her.

"But...that's shifting the blame, and the death of another is just a viscous cycle I don't want to repeat. Another person dying no matter how cruel they are ...adds little to the world."
 Mari's hand moved from atop his head to atop his shaking fist. "I don't really trust him either but - we all make mistakes, and we all need to learn from them. I think he's slowly beginning to realize he isn't infallible either.  You've given me a chance, despite the crystal floating above my head -so why can't he have that same one?  Or are you angry because a part of you is afraid you'd end up like that?"

Mari knew Chaser probably didn't like hearing those words - he had an anger directed at Freyd, a very real and reasonable one. "That doesn't mean you can't dislike him, nor does it mean he doesn't deserve a good ol' slap across the face." Mari added with an attempt at a reassuring grin.  

@ChaseR
ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 158/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

She was right. He still had a real family, Lily, his mother, his father, all waiting for him back in the real world. But he couldn't see them... For now, he had a family elsewhere- in Aincrad. NIGHT, Shay, hell... Mari could be considered family too by now. Hearing about how she felt was... He knew. He knew exactly what she felt. When the conversation shifted to Freyd though, her words hurt him. Not because they were harsh, but true to an extent. Chase did what he knew best though. He stubbornly shook his head and slammed a fist into the ground, tensing up whole. "No! I won't be like him, ever! He had his chance and he hurt you... I'd... I would never do that..!".

Towards the end, he began to tear up, feeling himself on the verge of tears again. To hell with trying to act tough, he was a complete mess when Mari was around, in a good way. Rather than his feelings staying bottled up through and through, he moved his hands to hug Mari again, burying his face in her shoulder. "I'm sorry- I'm sorry for being so weak..!", he bawled and tightened his hug around her, sniffling and crying his heart out. He wailed, shaking whole and trying to keep his composure. Undoable though. Now he'd opened up the absolute cluster of emotions inside of him. No way to just pluck them all back in and close the lid.

His voice echoed throughout the cave tunnels, and he had little else to say. Even so, he tried. "S-Sorry for doing this to y-!", he tried but his voice broke, getting another sniffle out of him before the wailing returned. He carried a big burden on his shoulders, just pushing through the levels as fast as he was without anybody to turn to and talk about these. He was only human after all, let alone unfamiliar with everything around him. He'd break eventually- and that eventually was now. If it wasn't all the negativity, her smiles, her overall attitude, how she tried to listen to him and help him through... It didn't feel earned, but it felt more than just good. He craved for these interactions for so long, and finally.

Chaser slammed his fist had against the ground. Screaming his distaste - quivering voice shouting out into a world that wouldn't listen to him. "It's-" Mari first wanted to tell him that it was okay, but it wasn't. What Freyd had done wasn't okay. But Freyd knew that. Mari knew. And now so did Chaser. Maybe it was a mistake to tell him what happened. No matter how Mari had painted it, Freyd would come off in a negative light. 

"Sometimes, we hurt those we care about - and that's okay." Mari tried to place her hand over his fist. "What matters is how we-g-gah.." Chaser wrapped trembling hands around her shoulders as he pressed his head fast toward her - tears staining Mari's clothes with a despaired wetness. He apologized for being weak. Mari shook her head as she placed a reassuring hand on his back. "It takes a special kind of strength to let your emotions out."

Not only that, but it took...so much more - to have people you trusted. People you could rely on. As Chaser sobbed against her Mari felt a turmoil of emotion. She felt worried for him. Because it was clear he had been trying so hard for so long to have a facade of strength. Yet - she also felt a pang of guilt - because she was envious of that. Being able to let go like that... Mari would never get that chance, would she? No. That wasn't her place within this world.

She'd be the anchor to their suffering. So they had something to ground themselves to.

"I'm honored, really." Mari said quietly as she began to rub his back. And in a sense, it was the truth. "You've chosen me of all people to expose yourself at your most vulnerable." Mari paused. "Vulnerable, not weak. You're not weak for this Chaser. Just let out as much as you need. I'm here."

"I'm here.""

@ChaseR

Her words were nowhere near what he expected. In his negative state of mind, he wanted to embrace his sadness and get pushed away or called hopeless, but... She instead embraced this side of him and wanted him to let it all out. He wouldn't, but he'd get enough off of his chest to feel better than he's ever felt in the past these few days he's been going at it non-stop. He wailed on and on, his hug as tight as ever around her as he continued. This must have been the first time Chase truly cried out of happiness and sadness, kicking back and finally getting some clear air in Aincrad.

To think that he could find people like these in this hellscape was... welcoming. It felt much more like his home now than it had before. Finally. People he could turn to. Mari was definitely family to him. After a minute or two of him crying even more in her warm hug, with his back rubbed and his hands clinging onto Mari for dear life, he finally began to calm down. And then, it picked up again. Another few minutes passed before he really calmed down this time. "Thank you... Thank you so much, Ma...", he thanked her again and again, enjoying the welcoming warmth of her shoulder. She really was a maternal figure after all.

He pulled back to look at her with teary eyes, smiling. This wasn't a smile like before though. Instead, it was one truly without as many burdens, a much more honest effort. He thought crying would just make him feel worse, but Mari didn't let that happen. She instead turned the tables and made it therapeutic rather than allowing it to sink him in an even more negative state of mind. "Thank you so much...", he repeated again although lower than before, swallowing dryly and sobbing a bit. Back to being a mess he was, just a relatively happier one this time.

Chaser continued to cry against her - but Mari had no more words to offer him. Sometimes, they weren't needed. So she gently rubbed his back in a slow rhythm in an attempt to ease him and ground him in whatever twisted sense of reality this was. Her eyes shifted to the far wall. This is what Aincrad did to people. It tore them apart, chewed them - shattered them. How many people were walking around this world who were in the same predicament as Chaser?

How many people felt so lost, alone, and cold?

Mari shut her eyes. Too many. The answer was too many. Mari could easily, so very easily count herself among those people. But she didn't have the opportunity, nor the luxury to be able to focus on herself. She didn't matter. Nothing she felt mattered. What did matter? Everyone else. "You're welcome." Mari said quietly, brushing strands of his hair away from his face.

Mari opened up her inventory; and pulled out a canister of water. She passed it to him. "I know we don't really experience dehydration here but I thin this would be good for you. I always feel good chugging a big class of water after a solid cry".  Mari pressed the cool container into his hands. When you're ready we'll tackle those last few drakelings."

At least he seemed better now.

@ChaseR

Chase nodded, feeling the container pulled into her hands. He began to drink it slowly, keeping a grin on his face through and through. He was still angry about Freyd and had to confront him for it, make him apologise one way or the other, but... Mari had soothed him. She managed to tame the bluehead in full, and that's what mattered. Around her, he felt truly at ease. To be able to cry his heart out like he just did, he'd never felt that way even out in the real world with Lily. "Thanks Ma.", he said once more once he was done drinking, handing it back and slowly getting up.

He dusted himself and offered a hand to help her back onto her feet too, putting a hand on his back to draw his blade out and picking up Mari's dropped polearm in the meantime. "... Let's finish this and go get some rest both.", he tried to clear his mind and just focus on the quest at hand, shaking all the negative thoughts right back out. That's what he should do, just keep his composure and get this over with. After all, he still had a home to return to, to cool off and give everything some thought.

Once they moved out, it wasn't long before two drakelings showed up with their eyes pinned on the boy. They'd heard him crying is what had happened, probably. With that, he quickly ran in and tried to slash them down, twirling on his legs and letting out a wide attack.

Spoiler

image.png.185861f27c8a5bee0c86101b3c899e19.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 15 & 16! (BD: 10, 10)
20 * 12 - 15 = 240 - 15 = 225 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE [Drakeling 15]
18 * 12 - 15 = 216 - 15 = 201 [Drakeling 16]

Drakeling 16 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

[3,2] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 91/104 (-13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 138/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 15: HP: 101/350 (-225 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 16: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]

Total Skins: 8

Edited by ChaseR

"There's no rest for the wicked." Mari said to him, followed by a cheesy, and ill-timed wink. Lest he think she was putting too much hate on herself with the comment. "I got another quest after this - I am meant to be meeting with someone tomorrow." Mari clarified as she took the water from him and placed the rest of it back in her inventory.

Mari was close on his tail, as Chaser ducked back Mari's weapon shone with a brilliant light - and in a sweeping arc she tore through the remaining health the drakelings had. Mari found one Skin, which bought their total to 15.

"You know - it was a little rocky at the start - but we have a really useful battle flow now." Mari commented. It seemed that he and her were able to seamlessly work together now. The blasting fires of the enemy barely scathed them. She turned to the blue haired youth and gave him a pat on the small of his back. "See what a good meal, and a good cry can accomplish?"

@ChaseR

Weeping Moon (9 Energy +2 per target hit) - Do a single and powerful 360-degree spin  x9
19 x 9 =171 - 15=156

Passive: En +1
ID:171706 > Drakeling 15  BD: 2 +6=8-1=HIT  CD: 12 SKIN
ID: 17107 > Drakeling 16  BD: 9   CD: 6 NO SKIN

[3,2] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 91/104 (-13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 128/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 15: HP: 0/350 (-225 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 16: HP: 0/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]

Total Skins: 9

Edited by Mari

If it didn't feel like he was overdoing it and staying too close for her to be comfortable, he'd give her another firm hug just because he appreciated the teamwork they had going. Teamwork that with others, like NIGHT and Shay, took a fair while to get used to. They really did work right off of one another, slashing and dicing anything in their path with ease. The monsters barely even got any chances to attack them in truth- they were doing great as a duo. "You're right. Thank you. I haven't had either in such a long time.", he noted with a genuine smile and continued to move on once he'd harvested another skin from the drakelings.

"What quest are you going to do up next? Are you going to be alone?", the almost childish questions rained down upon her as he curiously continued into the caves, seeing another pair of Drakelings and preparing his greatsword for another attack. The same way he assaulted the ones before, he attacked the ones right ahead too. And surprisingly enough, the result was absolutely the same. Their fighting had become so flawless that through and through, it felt like they were just going through the same motions, same scene repeating after it had just finished. 

Spoiler

image.png.db80e94fe39663c4e11cd44d3cbe9bb2.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 17 & 18! (BD: 9, 8)
19 * 12 - 15 = 228 - 15 = 213 + T2 BLEED + FROZEN [Drakeling 17]
18 * 12 - 15 = 216 - 15 = 201 [Drakeling 18]

Drakeling 18 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

[3,2] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 79/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 128/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 17: HP: 113/350 (-213 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 18: HP: 149/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]

Edited by ChaseR

"You really should eat more! I know its not a need but you should be eating three meals a day! Even snacking when you can." Mari chastised. "If for nothing more than to ground yourself in a sense of reality - the closer we can imitate the world out there - the less...we'll loose ourselves in here."

Hypocritical. That was her. A big ol' hypocrite, but still, she couldn't help but try to - well, for a lack of better words - mother the youth. 

Chaser managed to strike down the two Drakelings - freezing one with his weapon. Mari pursed her lips as she glanced at her own. She really needed to improve it, as much as she appreciated the gift from Shield, it wasn't what she wanted. It was just something to use in the interim. Still. It did its job. Mari flicked it back and attacked the Drakelings with another large arc- decimating the last of their health.

"I'm collecting these totems from the Scents of the Wild quest." Mari said to him. "I'm not going to be alone - I'll be with someone named Zandra."

@ChaseR

19 x 9 =171 - 15=156
ID:171732  BD: 2 + 6=8-1= HIT  Drakeling 17   CD: 3 NO SKIN
ID:171733 BD: 9+6-1=HIT  Drakeling 18  CD:2 NO SKIN
Passive: En +1

3,2] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 79/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 118/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 17: HP: 0/350 (-213 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 18: HP: 0/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]

Edited by Mari

Honestly, the scolding just made him feel more at home. Rummaging through the drakelings' dropped bodies, he found another skin, rounding up to seventeen so far. They wouldn't need that many more before they were done, and the mere prospect excited him. As for the quest she would be doing, it came off as a complete surprise. "Zandra? You're helping her level up? She's good but still clumsy. She's a healer, isn't she?", he cheerfully responded, seeming more intrigued by her companion than the actual scolding.

"We did a quest a few days ago, so she should be around level... forty five? By now. Something like that, if she was forty back then.", he nodded to himself, seeing the next group of Drakelings. And like that, he ran right to them and gave another slash. The same scene- it would be, if he hadn't missed one of the two Drakelings. "Hey, I eat well and all, just nobody ever gave me something! There's a reason that I enjoyed it and that's cause you gave it to me, I didn't just buy it off a store or anything. It actually meant something and it was good food to boot."

Spoiler

image.png.57c9c24e5e38244007e48aa75db292b5.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 19 & 20! (BD: 9, 1)
19 * 12 - 15 = 228 - 15 = 213 + T2 BLEED + FROZEN [Drakeling 19]
ATTACK MISSED [Drakeling 20]

Drakeling 20 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 4)
ATTACK MISSED

[3,1] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 69/104 (+1, -11) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 118/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 19: HP: 113/350 (-213 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 20: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4]

Edited by ChaseR

"Helping her?" Mari snorted. "Chaser - she's - I'm pretty sure she's hit the level cap." Mari hadn't heard of Zandra from another perspective before. She was right not to have thrown in a callous remark about how the other woman thought she was a bloodthirsty murderer, and believed rumours. Mostly...because Mari also knew Zandra was trying very hard to move past that - she had been the one to reach out to Mari in the first place after all.

"I'd call her more of a ...beserker than a healer - but yeh." Mari shrugged. "She's also got a decent healing set - with barriers and potions and the like. I'm pretty sure she'll be playing that role during the upcoming floor boss fight." 

Mari tilted her head to the side. Did Chaser think she was lower leveled? Or had she lied to him. "What makes you think she was only in her forties? We talkin' about the same person right? Petite lil' girl with hulking ass armour?"

Mari paused in her talk to activate her sword art - 'Weeping Moon' and with another quick slash - the Drakelings fell. Mari picked up one of the skins, and threw them to Chaser.

"I appreciate the sentiment, but It ain't like I cooked it or anything." Mari said with a small smile. He seemed so endearing in times like this.

@ChaseR

19 x 9 =171 - 15=156

ID:171738  BD: 6+6-1=HIT  CD: 3 - NO SKIN
ID:  171739 BD: 2 + 6-1=HIT  

[3,2] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 79/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 108/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 19: HP: 0/350 (-213 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 20: HP: 194/350 (-201) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] -156

Edited by Mari

The description didn't match the person that he'd seen at all. He brushed off her humble remark, seeing as she'd served him, but now he was completely confused about Zandra, the person in question. He quickly slashed the last one down, watching it drop. With two more drakelings further up in the distance, Chase thought to let Mari engage them first this time around, having found no skins. He just turned to face her, correcting his stance and huffing in confusion. "No, nothing like that... Small girl with a red cloak, looks like Red Riding hood, big axe and a bird named Zita. She's level forty, she told me so when we were questing. Are you confusing the names? Mine was definitely called Zandra."

He was certain about it, and no way she could have been an NPC. If only he realised that he'd been lied to, which... let's just say he had a hunch judging by her reaction when the two left off, he'd have taken this much more differently. "She was a healer though. Granted she didn't help me because Night's King weakens us both, but... This was our first time doing that quest. Are you sure you're not confusing Zandra for somebody else?"

Spoiler

image.png.52c1350e95f39636596f47a1289891cd.png

image.png.6c0aa0e9c6d773cf6463d570e1d66b37.png

CD Rolls:

3 >= 8 FAILED (Drakeling 20)

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Drakeling 20! (BD: 9)
19 * 12 - 15 = 228 - 15 = 213 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE

ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 60/104 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 118/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 20: HP: 0/350 (-213 - 24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Edited by ChaseR

"Ahh yeh...she's been wearing that lately...I suppose you hadn't seen her in her berserker armour." Mari commented when Chaser explained his version of Zandra. "She's lying to you." Mari said simply to Chaser. 

"I have no idea why she would say she's a lower level than she is though..." Mari said thoughtfully. "I honestly don't know her well enough to understand her reasoning but-" Mari turned to Chaser. She did know that Zandra had attacked Macradon, who was not only her best friend, but one of the most powerful players within Aincrad. "I don't want to speak ill of people but -stay safe around her. Especially if she has reason to deceive you with what level she is."  Mari would have kept silent about Zandra, not said a word to Chaser about being wary - because Mari honestly thought Zandra was also working to better herself. 

But, hearing her lie to him.

Mari would be amiss if she didn't say anything. 

"I am very sure it is the same person." 

And with that - Mari turned to the Drakelings, quickly activating her <<Weeping Moon>> Sword art. She managed to bring the first to half health, but the second she straight up missed.  "Mmm. I really need to work on getting Absolute Accuracy." She said with a 'tch'

Skinning Drakeling 23: ID:171745  CD: 12

19 x 9 =171 - 15=156
ID: 171743 BD: 2+6=8-1=HIT
ID: 171744 BD: 1 = MISS

Passive: +1 EN
[0,0] ChaseR: 
HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 79/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[1,0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 99/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 21: HP: 194/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]
Drakeling 22: HP: 350/350  | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [1/4] -156

Edited by Mari

Knowing that she had lied made him feel a lot more off about her. So she wasn't near his level, and if anything, she was cautious of him. All the more reason to be cautious of her in return, especially if Mari had told him that. She had no reason to lie, especially knowing how much the bluehead put his faith into her and what he'd told her so far. What would Mari gain from lying either way? Exactly. So with that, he just trusted her and frowned a bit. It did feel bad to have gotten deceived that way, but it made sense. That's why she had gotten so angry at being told she could do better by Chase when they broke off at the end of the quest.

He quickly ran towards the Drakelings and hacked at them once she had given it her shot, slashing widely. There was little he could say other than... "... I see. You think she might be up to something?", he furrowed his brows and let his sword attack everything in sight, cutting one in half and freezing the other with a minor critical. Once it dropped, he quickly rummaged through one's body while waiting for an answer, finding the second to last skin they'd need.

Spoiler

image.png.2497c01dae46e8414fdf0bcec9cfe19c.png

image.png.faa9c9ac33350841ec70db658e5fbebd.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Drakeling 21 & 22! (BD: 10, 9)
18 * 12 - 15 = 216 - 15 = 201 [Drakeling 21]
19 * 12 - 15 = 228 - 15 = 213 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE [Drakeling 22]

CD Rolls:

8 >= 8 SUCCESS (Drakeling 21)

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1070 | EN: 48/104 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 32 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 53 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0] Mari: HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 99/158 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 | BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 

Drakeling 21: HP: 0/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [-/4]
Drakeling 22: HP: 113/350 (-213 -24) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | [Stun CD; -/3] | Breath of Fire [0/4] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

Total Skins: 10

Edited by ChaseR