[PP-F3] Search for the Hoya (Hirru, Macradon)

Having never truly gone through this quest before, the hunter didn't know what to do next.  He was really only here for the minotaurs, as that was his main goal.  The rest of the quest didn't really interest him, so when Zandra asked him if he was taking the quest, he would sigh with his response.

"I am, but I don't really mind the rest of the quest.  The boss creatures were my goal for it, so the treasure can go to whomever."

That being said, it was probably not going to spawn for him.  He wasn't the one that killed either minotaur, and he wasn't apart of their party.  The quest didn't give him anything to tell him anything more.  Maybe it was something about the hunter not killing one of the minotaurs, or that he has not been inside the ruins.  Either way, he would wait to see what these two would do.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the two minotaurs was now gone, and since the quest didnt said anything about any other mobs, they should be all safe now. So Zandra took the whip and attached it to her waist, still beeing close by if they would fall into some kind of trap or ambush.''Youre right Mac, it was different for me too. Back then I was with Ebony, so we was two. You said you soloed it and now we are three. Maybe it change depending on how many players thats nearby.'' then Hirru mentioned he didnt mind the rest of the quest, that his goal was the minotaur.''What? Its now the fun begins. Come on, I second Mac, lets go!'' she said and smiled friendly at Hirru.

He sighed lightly and would begin to look for the temple maze. He would begin to walk around the area. "Look around in your perimiter and tell the others if you've found anything. If you have to walk too far away, we have a rendezvous here where we stand now in about 30 minutes" he would say. This would give them more ground that they could look for. Macradon easily found the big temple the first time, somewhat easy the second time, but now, it wasn't easy at all. In this dense forest he didn't find any thing. He went through a lot of the forest part where he went to but couldn't find anything, he was nearly out on the edge of the forest so he would turn back and get to the rendezvous point ahead of time.

The hunter sighed, as this was something that he needed to do to make the quest proceed.  He wasn't going to level up any faster without the experience gained from the quest, so he had better continue.  From what the two were talking about, the pendant was supposed to be pretty hard to find.  Knowing that much, the hunter would have to search for object in question with Macradon and Zandra.  With that in mind, he would agree to the little expedition to find whatever was needed.

"Very well.  Where should I start?"

The second part was more for himself, but said aloud anyway.  Having the search skill may be helpful here, but who really knew if it was viable in the environment.  The forest was known to cause objects to be shown as other things, especially creatures.  If anything, it was a time to find something useful.

Edited by Hirru

It seemed it was time to split. That way they would be able to cover more area while searching for the crypt.''Yeah, that sounds good. And if you find the location just send a PM in the party chat 'kay?'' Zandra headed into the forest from where the second minotaur had came, hopefully it have came from the crypt and by backtracking the trails she would find it as well. It took quite some time to find it since she didnt had the skill and had to completly rely on her own knowledge that she had gathered from back in the real world. Thou she did saw a footprint here, a broken branch there and on another place a rock where the moss have been scratched by something, maybe an axe. Like this she followed the track for several minutes.

LD: 8+1=9 No crypt found

OoC: What about finding the crypt on a LD: 15+?

Edited by Zandra Zvift

The 3 had split, and Macradon had returned prematurely. Nothing was found at his end, hopefully someone else had found the temple entrance. He would choose to sit down and relax for the others to arrive. He didn't know anything else to do than just sit there and meditate for now. What should they expect from the temple, another maze? Another battle? Or just something as easy as just getting the Hoya? Macradon was unsure and would just shrug it off for now. He would sit there and wait for the others at the rendezvous point.

Following their instructions, the hunter began to search through the forest for something that would seem different to the other areas.  This would be a difficult task, as the forest could easily conceal a small creature, let alone a trinket.  His search skill would have to be his saving grace in this quest path.  For a way to find a small, possibly shiny object, he would have to focus of eyesight more than hearing.  This was a little harder for him, as he was much better with hearing than proper sight, but that would have to change for now.

[ID: 46494]
[LD: 8+1=9] Nothing

Nothing significant could be found in the area.  He would have to move to another, and continue his search.

Edited by Hirru

Zandra continue following the track, hopefully she would reach the crypt pretty soon. But every step she took, led her further and further away from the other two in her party. She wondered how far she should follow the track. If to far, she maybe wouldnt be able to find the way back to the othhers, maybe get lost and walk in the forest for an eternity until she starved to death. Since there shouldnt be any problem with mobs down her at floor three. She had survived theu much harder situation. She took forth her mask of finding to see if it would help, maybe it was hidden. But she couldnt see anything at all.

ID: 46635 LD: 10+2=12 Nothing found

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Macradon would sit and meditate, awaiting the arrival of his party members. He figured that the rest of the group would've found something while Macradon was sitting here. He should probably write back to the others through team chat. "Hey guys, I'm at the rendezvous point, I didn't find anything from my end" he wrote to the others. He would sit and wait, meditate upon the peace of the big giant forest. All that was left was to find the temple so they could get to the Hoya.

• 3 weeks later...

[Back from the long abyss]

Having found nothing from the current area, the hunter decided to continue on.  Though, this would mean that it would take longer to get back, it also meant that he may find something out there.  Thankfully, there was nothing coming out to find him in the wavering mists.  If so, he would have more problems than solutions.  If anything, a well placed blade would just end the creature there, if it really was a threat.  At some point, the hunter would find himself in a different section of the forest, and began his search again.  Nothing to be found here too, as he got a message from Macradon.  It seems he had not found anything either.  The hunter sent a message back through team chat.

"Nothing in the next two sections.  Zandra?  Anything on your end?"

[ID: 47856] [LD = 9+1=10] Nothing still

Edited by Hirru

Zandra walked thru the forest. She started to lose time of how long she had been strolling under trees by now. During her first time doing this, she and Ebony had found it right after the second minotaur had faded out into white crystals and then nothingness. She looked at both sides of the track she followed. But up until now, there ahvent been a single clue of any kind of secret entrence or something like that. then she herd a notification from the teamchat. She red that it seemed that Hirru didnt had much better luck himself. She wrote a short reply.

''Nothing here just yet. How about you Macradon?''

ID: 47857
LD: 5+2=7

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Macradon would sigh and lean back onto the ground. He would sigh deeply as he took in an even deeper breath. He would look up in the sky and notice something off. A shadow of some sort. Macradon would quickly get up and look, it was a pillar, where it came from was unknown to Macradon. Not long form that, another pillar was present, and yet another, and another. Macradon would follow the pillars and soon come to a big building "How did I miss this earlier" he thought for himself as he saw a big temple coming out of nowhere "Maybe it was recently generated by the forest" he thought and would write a message to the others "I think I found something" and would send it to the others.

Getting the message from Zandra would give a 'no go' for her.  It would seem that it was another lost quest.  It happens sometimes, and people would usually come back later to find that the missing piece of the puzzle was just under their nose.  Having that in mind, the hunter seemed to think that the current areas were leading to nothing, and decided to head back to the rendezvous point.  While heading there, he would get a message from Macradon.  Apparently, he had found something, but didn't elaborate any further.

"I'm on my way."

Thing about using the map in the Forest of Wavering Mists was to follow known landmarks, gold quest markers, and party member indicators.  Those were the only three things that were visible on the static mini map.  So the trek through the forest wouldn't take that long.  As he found his way to the last rendezvous point, the indicators for the other two seemed off from each other.  One would seem to be closing in to himself than the other that was standing still.  The still one seemed to be in the direction of some pillars that had been place holders for... something.

"Is he this way?"

Following the pillars and the map indicator, the hunter found Macradon.

And the temple behind him.

"I... see what you mean." 

Zandra continued wlaking thru the forest, she still had lot off courage left that she sooner or later would find the hidden place. Thou she didnt had a single clue of where it could be, so she just had to trust her eyes, and the eyes that circled high above her in the shape of a golden eagle. Just when she was gonna ask her familiar if she saw something the teamchat took her attention. It was from Macradon, and it seemed he had found it.''Darn it, I wanted to find it.'' she said to herself. A few seconds later another message popped, up. It seemed Hirru was on his way. She quickly replied as well so they knew she would be there pretty soon. She hurried thru the forest, eager to see how the temple looked this time. Not that long time later she saw players a bit ahead.''Heya! Im here now.'' she greeted the other and wlaked up to them, looking at the magnific temple with big eyes.

Macradon would see the others coming to his location "Well ... I think I found it" he said, looking at the big temple, but it didn't look like the one that he had been at the other 2 time he did the quest. Everything was weird, all was so different from last time. First time he did the quest a temple was in the middle and 2 minotaurs guarding it, then a maze underneath the temple through a hidden opening. Second time he found a big maze he had to go through and then fight the two minotaurs to take the hoya, not temple whatsoever. Macradon would shrug it off and head to the temple opening "If there's a maze behind this door ..." he said with a slight irritated voice. He would open up the gates of the temple, dust fell down form the big rock doors and lo and behold, a giant maze was inside the temple "Dammit" he said to himself, he was very good at jinxing himself.

Having a temple come from out of nowhere meant that there should have been something else going on.  As far as the hunter had known, this world was known to throw many elaborate traps to slow down adventurers, until mobs could take them down.  So, when a giant maze would become apparent, he wasn't too surprised.  Though now, they were going to have to trek through the entire maze to find this...'hoya'.  Something that was quite small, so it must be either in a chest, or on something to point attention to it.  Or away from it?

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

He said as he walked past Macradon.

"The sooner we find the hoya; the better!"

Zandra watched with exitment when Macradon opened the doors to the temple. When they was completly open and they saw what it was on the other side, her jaw fell down and her wide opened eyes shimmered.''Ohmy ohmy ohmy... This is so awesome!'' Her exited expression disapeared when she herd the boys reactions. Macradon seemed to didnt like it. And Hirru just wanted to complete it as fast as possible. Seemed like she was the only one that was exited to get a challenge for something except fighting hard bosses. She looked to the side.''Well yeah, guess its best we starts to search for this hoya so we can go home then right?'' thou her voice didnt had a trace of joy about going back home.

Macradon would look at his two team members. Hirru wanting to finish it and Zandra all hyped for the maze. "Well, let's see what it yields" Macradon said as he would begin to enter the maze. It started out nicely, just a forward straight line corridor, but it soon split up into 3 different directions. "Oh ..." he said as he would look from side to side and straight forward. It wasn't really easy to see which one was leading where, because this maze was gigantic. Everyone could et lost in here and the walls were too tall for anyone to climb. Macradon would sigh and look at the others "Which way?" he would ask.

The hunter looked upon the two that he had accompanied, and couldn't really figure what they were actually doing down here.  Obviously, if they were going for the quest, the hoya was their main goal, but why this quest?  It's relatively low leveled for them, and the both of them have said that they have already completed this quest once before.  Was there something in this place, that the hunter didn't know about?  Either way, that type of thinking wasn't healthy.  One should never doubt their team.

When faced with the choice of direction, the three paths seemed to branch out towards areas unknown.  The only way to truly get through it was to press forward... 

[ID: 48571] [LD = 9+1=10]

"Let's start going left, first.  If anything, we should find something, instead of waiting."

Edited by Hirru

The three adventurers started their walk into the labyrinth. It started out nicely with one route to follow. But after awhile, it splitted up into a x-crossing, having three different routes to choose from. Macradon was the first to break the silence, and he wanted to hear the other oopinin of which way to take. Then Hirru took the initiative and led the group to the left. They walked together between the high wall that looked identical, completly flat so there was no sign they could follow. After awhile the maze turned right and when they crossed the corner, they was met by the first obstacle. A large brickwall with a sturdy wooden door in the middle. Zandra walked to the door and tried to open it, but it was locked. Thou at the same time she pulled the handle, a text appeared on a sign above the door with a riddle.

I have roots that no one sees
Taller then the tallest of trees
Up up I go
Still I never grow 
Who am I?

When Zandra saw the riddle she took a few steps back. Scratched her chin with her right hand and let the elbow rest in her left.''I have herd this before. Thou I cant remeber where. Nor do I remebr the answer. Give me some time and I gonna find it out. Or do you know?''

Edited by Zandra