[PP-F3] Search for the Hoya (Hirru, Macradon)

He would glance over the riddle, confused of what the answer might be. What has roots that no one sees, and taller than trees, something that doesn't grow but keeps going upwards. Mountains have big roots, taller than trees and keeps going up, but a mountain technically grows, so that might not be. "No, not a mountain" he muttered silently for himself. He would think deeply about this. Then it hit him "Guys, I think I might know the answer, though I'm not confident enough to say it out loud yet" he said to the others, he was confident about the answer, but not confident enough. The item he thought item that has roots no one sees, taller than trees and keeps on going up without growing, a kite.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having found another impasse to block their progress, the hunter would have to look into it the hard way.  A riddle that he wouldn't be able to get, even if he tried hard enough.  It wasn't that he wasn't capable of figuring it out.  He just didn't know much about it.  It wasn't like he could remember much of anything to recall what half of the riddle meant.  Roots that no one could see?  Taller than the tallest tree?  Up and up it goes, but it never grows?  The hunter couldn't think about without a twinge of pain throbbing in his head. Holding his head by one hand, he could only wonder what the others were thinking.  It felt like he was light headed.

"I don't know the answer myself either, but my head is making me feel like I'm on a mountain."

Edited by Hirru

Zandrad brain worked. The same moment she herd Macradon saying the word 'mountain' she remembered."Nono Mac. Mountain is the rigth answer." Zandra walked up to the door. She cougth a few times. Then she spoke with a loud and clear voice."You are a mountain." First nothing happened. Then the text turned into a single word. 'CORRECT'. And then the door opened, making it possible to advance deeper into the maze."So, that is one step closer to the hoya." Zandra said and walked thru the opening, ready for anything that the system would throw at her.

To Macradon's surprise, the right answer was mountain, opposed to the other thought of it to be a kite. Still a thing that no one sees the roots on, the person guiding the kite. Still going higher than trees, going up, but not actually growing. Though the answer mountain was accepted and Macradon would shrug it off. "One puzzle down ... let's see if there are more" he said as he would follow on. He wasn't sure who programmed this, or what algorithm the system used to creates these puzzles and mazes, but Macradon would still be amazed with how detailed everything was.

With the completion of that puzzle, we continued through the maze.  The hunter's head still hurt as they went along, the throbbing only slowly going away.  Before long, they would find themselves in a small clearing.  From within the space stood a lone tree with two branches that seemed seems to split off from its trunk to look like arms.  From the top of the tree, several smaller branches and leaves were hanging low.  A weeping willow of sorts, if the terminology was correct, but the hunter couldn't think to hard on that fact.

"Quite strange, even if we are roughly still in a forest."

On closer examination of the tree, the hunter found something that shimmered in what little light was given.  Two, in fact.  One for each extended branch.  On further inspection, they both seemed to be pendants of some time.  One in the shape of an odd heart; the other with an eye engrave into its surface.  Before the tree, in between the two branches, stood a singular pillar.  On it, was a sundial with a page upon it.  Writing shown to be another riddle.

The eye will lie to you at every turn,
lest you give it a moment to see.
The heart will lie to you with every beat,
until you tame the inner tick.
In the mind full of lies and greed,
what brings the truth to light within.

"Oh great... another one."

He said, as rested himself to the ground.

"I'm just gonna sit down for a second.  These puzzles are messing with my head."

After awhile they was standing infront of a tree with pendants hangibg from two branches. One of them looked like a heart, while the other had something carved on it. Could it be an eye? Then something else got her attention. It wad another riddle. Her brain started to work. She did like riddles, but she prefered them in swedish since riddles often have differeft meanings and iften using metafors. She sat down to try to solve the riddle."Sorry, Im used to riddles in swedish, so I need some time to even found out a guess. You can go first if you know the answer."

Macradon sighed, yet another riddle. This time engraved onto a tree. Macradon wasn't sure of the answer for this one and would sit down to think about it. "I'm not a good riddler, If that's even a word, I'm more of a logical thinker" he would say. Riddles may have logical thinking imbued it in somewhere, but the fumbled words would entangle Macradon's mind like vines grasping onto rocks and pebbles undergorund. He would lean back onto one of the walls thinking about the riddle.

With the two of them stumped, the hunter groaned as he had to really get involved with these shenanigans.  He scratched his jade hair in response to his annoyance before getting back to his feet.  He walked over to the pedestal, and looked at the riddle again.  He didn't get it, but something didn't sit right with the area.  In a ruin, this maze and tree were both off.  Especially the placing of light, which seemed to come from torches around the area, or from light that poured out from holes in the ceiling.  In fact, currently there were five different spots that the light was pouring down from.  Each was in different spots around the tree.  Also, there was small scuff marks on the ground around the sundial's pedestal.  The hunter decided to try and move it, and it seemed to budge a little.

"Guys, I think we need to move the sundial to one of those spots of sunlight."

He said as he held his head for a second.  He sat back down hard before groaning again.  From his angle now, he could slightly see a shimmer of jade hair reflecting from the sundial's strut.  Was that a mirror?

"I hate puzzles..."

She pushed her brain asa hard as she could to find out the answer to the riddle. It felt kind of embarrassing to not be able to find it out when she said she loved puzzles. But this riddle was too hard for her. It seemed her two companions didnt knew the answer either, that made her a little more at ease, meaning she wasnt the only one didnt get it. He had said he didnt liked puzzles, but next Hirru stepped up and found out that they should move the sundial to the spots of sunligight. Zandra raised an eyebrow, a little disapointed on herself she havent spotted it earlier.''Well, then we better do it.'' she said and pushed herself up, walked over to help push it.''Okay, where to first?'' she said and leaned towards it, ready to put her muscles to work.

Macradon listened to what Hirru had to say. The sun dial on the ground was the puzzle as well as what was written. Even though Macradon was gifted in logical thinking, this kind of abstract knowledge wasn't something he had tackled before and therefore not that skilled with. He would sigh and stay put, the dial was to be moved and Macradon didn't know to where so he would sit and wait. If Zandra would be in need of Macradon's help to push the dial around, he would be there to help.

The hunter couldn't tell where exactly the light was coming from, or which direction they were coming in, to be exact.  Each shone on a different spot around the tree, but nowhere close to it.  Without getting up, the hunter would not be able to figure out which direction they were coming from, unless there was quite a bit of dust and darkness around.  Unfortunately, that couldn't be done unless they extinguished all of the torches in the room, and take the <<Darkness>> penalty.  With that, in mind, the hunter contemplated.  He pointed towards the first light spot that was not too far away.

"Let's try pushing it over there.  Let's see which direction that sundial will point."

Zandra waited for the other to tell her their opinions. Thou Macradon sat down without saying a word. Hirru sat down as well, but rose and gave a suggestion to push it to the closest spot of sunligth."Alrigth then." Zandra placed her feets steady on the ground. Her metal armor digging down in the ground a few centimeters. Then she leaned towards the sundial with her legs bent. Then she pushed it forward with all her muscle-strength. First it didnt moved an inch. But after awhile it started to slide across the floor to the spot of light. She pushed herself into standing position to see what was happening, breathing heavily.

Macradon watched as Zandra pushed the rock towards the light like Hirru suggested. It didn't seem like she would be able to do it at first, but the rock slowly began to move and get to the spot it was supposed to. He would await the reaction of the puzzle, was it done or did they have to do more stuff? He wasn't too sure about anything right now, the maze was totally not like this the first nor last time he did the quest. First the maze was underground with traps, second time was a mob infested maze, but now, puzzles. "Let's see what will happen now" he would say and turn to the rock.

Edited by Macradon

As Zandra moved the pedestal, the sundial crest would shimmer with the light, as if it were reflecting the light upon the diode itself.  Soon after, the light bounced off of the sundial towards the tree.  From its current position, it didn't seem to be touching the tree in particular, or shining on either of the pendants.  In fact, it seemed to be off a bit from between the heart and the actual tree.

"I don't think that's the one."

He said as he thought which one of the beams of light would help them in this puzzle.  The hunter got up for the third, or fourth time this venture to think.  He walked over to the pedestal, and tried to turn it.  It wouldn't budge.

"Hmm."

The hunter tried pushing it, and it would move slightly.  This mean that they would not be able to just turn it so that the light reflected off of any of them.  After seeing the slight struggle to push it for the first time, Hirru readied himself against the pedestal to help move it to the next one.

"Let's see what the one behind the branch is the eye will do!  Ready, I'll help push."

The two of them together would push the pedestal with some ease, now that they worked together.  When in place, the light quickly reflected off of the sundial, and onto the heart pendant.  That would have been the end of it, until the heart pendant seemed to be flashing several times in his face.  Was the pendant also mirrored?  The light would swing back and forth as the pendant was freely hanging from the branch.  This was weird as the eye pendant was firmly placed in the branch, facing the tree.  It as at this point that the hunter would think of something.

"Zandra!  Grab the heart pendant, but don't take it!  Shine the reflected light onto the eye pendant.  Macradon, be ready underneath the willowed leaves.  I think I solved this riddle."

If Zandra did it just right, the hunter thought that the eye would do something to focus the beam of light on the tree.  Either it would just get light shone on it, or the leaves would burn revealing their prize.  Hopefully, it was the later.

[It burns and the real Hoya is hidden in the leaves.]

This time, when Hirru helped her puahing the pefestal it went much easier. It also seemed to be the right spot this time. A smile appeared on Zandras lips. Hirru said he thougth he solved the riddle. And when Zandra did what he told her to do, it seemed the hunter was right. The sun reflected and burned away the leaafs, revealing the real Hoya. When all leafs that had covered it was gone, the Hoys fell down to Macradon."Awesome. That went pretty good. Nice work to figure it out Hirru." She said and patted him on the shoulder with a friendly smile on her face.

Macradon nodded as Hirru seemingly cracked the code. Macradon was ordered under the tree to grab the Hoya when it would fall down. He would begin to get under the tree's leaves and await as the two others would align everything perfect and burn the leafs of the tree to reveal the Hoya that would then fall into Macradon's grasp. "Got it!" he would say to the others as he caught the pendant. He would signal a thumbs up at Hirru "Good Job" he said and would proceed to hand over the Hoya to Zandra "I guess it's your's" he said.

The hunter nodded towards the two as they collected the Hoya from the trees burnt leaves.  With the quest over with, the scene would remind him of something.  He couldn't recall what it was, as it was nearly impossible for him to be able to.  Though, that feeling of solving a difficult situation; it brought him joy.  Even though he didn't like them, it didn't mean that he couldn't figure it out when needed.  It would seem that he may need to solve more issues to move his memories forward, or so he thought.

"Well, I guess that's that."

With the Hoya in their possession, the quest was done.  Even if he was only there for the minotaurs, he gained something else out of it.  Something to look forward to.  With that, the hunter waved his hand towards them with a single swipe of his first two fingers.  He forgot to ask Macradon for a friend request the last time they ventured, but this time he sent them both a request.

"Thank you both, for the memories.  If you ever need a hunter, I'm always open."

With that, the hunter would bid them a good day, and head off to his next hunt.

Macradon succesfully catched the hoya as it ffell down from the tree. Then he walked over and gave it to Zandra.''Well thank you Mac.'' in return she gave him a smile. Then Hirru sent them a friend request that Zandra accepted with a nod. She looked over at Mac and saw him do the same. The hunter then left them. It didnt took long before he was out of sight. Then she turned to Mac.''Well, I guess he is right. The quest is done. And it have been quite a day. I think Im gonna head back home now. It have been fun and now we have yet another quest we have done together.'' then the two players left and headed back to town.

Edited by Zandra

---COMPLETE---

Macradon:

+1 SP (Completed thread)
+492 Col (+267 2 complete pages/3 +225 Mobs)
+1 material(mob)

Hirru:

+3 SP (1 Completed thread +2 Quest reward)
+267 Col (2 completed pages/3)

Zandra:

+1 SP (Completed thread)
+266 Col (2 completed pages/3)
+Hoya of minos

Edited by Zandra