PP - F13 Knights vs. Corrupted (Ssendom)

ID: 44903
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +3) = 7
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 22 Remaining)

"Sure thing."

Focusing on their opponent Calrex gave a quickly calming exhale. As he had suspected he was able to gain a good foothold on the ground, and with the stun immunity of Lady Vayne expired he was able to act again. Triggering his <<Nova Ascension>> Sword Art he rocketed forward, the Grand Blade glowing alight with the light blue aura of the attack.

Landing in striking range he unleashed the rapid flurry of slashes, becoming a blur of movement before he quickly spun 360 degrees and delivered a powerful slam to the NPC's temple. Seeing the Stun effect appear once again the Ultramarine Knight gave a smirk before leaping back.

"Alright Dom, I've got this covered. Go ahead and relax for a bit!"

Hp List
Calrex 212/293 (H: 3)
   Energy 22/57 (-12+1)
Ssendom 77/193 (H: 2)
   Energy 4/37

Lady Vayne 210/800 (10+1 DMG * 9 Art -  60 MIT = 39 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
   Energy 25/70
DMG: 12 (1 Base+ 5 Skill + 3 Enhance + 1 Ath + 1 Fero + 1 Rare Mob)
Charge: 5
MIT: 60
EVA: 3
ACC: 3

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Lady Vayne stunned and unable to perform an action, the Berserker did exactly as Calrex said, "Well, I don't think I can ignore that call. Luckily I like to hasten my energy recovery." He laughed as he dropped his menu to his battle ready item's list, he withdrew one of his Succulent Whole Veils, which was arguably as large as the woman the two of them were facing together. In an incredibly impressive manner, Ssendom devoured through the entire thing consuming every single bit of the food item, he could quickly feel his energy replenish faster and faster.

Lady Vayne watched in horror by what Ssendom was able to accomplish with the veil, "You troglodyte, that's horribly disgusting. I don't think I have ever witnessed anything so grotesque in my entire life, if this is how a peasant eats, they deserve the filth and pitiful lives they currently possess." The woman stated in an incredibly mocking fashion, her face was apparent when she spoke such words of distaste toward the Berserker.

All Dom could do was laugh, "Woman, your life is about to end. And you're wanting to criticize me over my eating habits? Don't humor me so much. Your head would look great on a platter." The Dreadnought stated with a breath that just seethed the feeling of hunger and pure evil. He cackled in a maniacal way that sent shivers down the spine of the woman, it quickly dawned on her what situation she was truly in. She was completely at the mercy of these two hooligans and there was truly no escape from someone as sadistic as the armored two-handed warrior she was facing.

ID: 45491 | CD: 3  

Hp List
Calrex 212/293 (H: 3)
   Energy 22/57 (-12+1)
   Energy 11/37 (+6 +1)

Lady Vayne 210/800 (10+1 DMG * 9 Art -  60 MIT = 39 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
   Energy 25/70

ID: 44903
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +3) = 10 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 22 Remaining)

Listening to the exchange between Ssendom and the NPC Calrex gave a small sigh, shaking his head in a joking manner, "Yeah, I'm not gonna waste my breath on a bunch of 0s and 1s..."

However, he did take note of the opening that Lady Vayne had unknowingly provided by her reaction to his teammate's quick consumption of his energy recovery food, and opening which would lead to a powerful blow. Triggering <<Meteor Break>> once again the bluenette rushed in as the Grand Blade lit alight with the shining golden glow of the Sword Art. Slamming his shoulder into the NPC he knocked her back before rushing forward, his eyebrows furrowed from focusing on his target as he unleashed the rapid flurry of slashes iconic of the attack before delivering a swift push kick, creating enough distance that he could leap upwards and come down with a falling slash.

Looking down at the lance wielder he gave a small sigh before taking a couple of steps back, "Alright Dom, take the last shot. This should be over in a flash."

He flipped his sword into a reverse grip, preparing to resheath it back into its scabbard as he deemed the battle over. From the amount of damage the Dreadnaught had dealt in his previous attack, his next blow should reduce the haughty AI to crystals in no time.

Hp List
Calrex 212/293 (H: 4)
   Energy 12/57 (-11+1)
   Energy 11/37

Lady Vayne 127/800 (10+2+1 DMG * 11 Art -  60 MIT = 83 DMG)
   Energy 25/70

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom laughed as his energy just hit the minimum requirement in order to use his strongest sword art. He looked up with a wicked glare at Lady Vayne who was constantly trembling at the sight of the Berserker, she wasn't even worried about the damage inflicted by the man in the blue armor. He was strong though he had a limit on his strength, but the Two-Handed Warrior was someone with fierce strength.

Dom's body glowed a vibrant green as his Battle Healing skill triggered, but the health gain was not important to him. Her life had ceased to continue the second Calrex informed Dom that he had enough damage to kill her in a single blow. He sauntered forward, Blade resting on his shoulder. He walked up completely to her, then lightly placed his hand on her chin, "I hope your ready for this invasive procedure." He said silently and cackled quietly. The face of fear was beyond apparent on the woman's face.

He then quickly flicked his hand on her throat then raised her in the air causing her to drop her beautiful spear. His cackle grew louder as he readied his blade which roared a fierce red energy, "Good day lass!" He shouted as he dropped her. Before her feet touched ground, he ripped his blade through her several times causing her to shatter into data fragments as her body continuously fell into the ground until she was no more than dust. Dom spun his blade in his hand, slowing it down into a gentle slide into it's scabbard.

Immediately a quest alert appeared in front of both Calrex and Ssendom, he read the contents of the quest. "You have slain the Wicked Lady Vayne, terror of the people. The corrupted peasants need a champion to end the cursed Vayne family. After traversing through a sub dungeon, one will find the pathway that leads to the Vayne Manor. Leave none alive." He finished reading and laughed, "I think we have a new prerogative, whataya say Rex?" He asked his friend.

ID: 45500 | BD: 9 | CD: 11 | LD: 13 | MD: Disregarded due to death.

Hp List
Calrex 212/293 (H: 4)
   Energy 12/57 (-11+1)
Ssendom 135/193 (H: +28 +30)
   Energy 0/37 (+1 - 12)

Lady Vayne -17/800 (16+1 DMG * 12 Art -  60 MIT = 144 DMG)

Reward: 9600 Col | 1 Material

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"A quest line huh? Sounds good to me. Let's do it."

Fully sheathing the Grand Blade Calrex gave a nod after Ssendom brutally eliminated the unique NPC. He had seen the man's fighting style in the past, so the powerful maneuvers were nothing of shock to him anymore. After being on both ends of the Dreadnaught's blade, it was nothing that would phase him at this point. Putting his hands back into his jacket pockets he scanned the area, making sure there were no other monsters lying in wait before scanning his stats.

At this point both players were certainly low on energy, but at the least they had more than enough health to keep going. If the unique NPC was any hint towards the battles to come, this was going to be no walk in the park.

"Although...are the corrupted on this floor considered allies to the players? I thought all of the people we've encountered in the past were driven mad by some effect on the floor, maybe to go with the theme. If this NPC storyline-wise was the one considered a terror...then who should be consider to be the attackers and defenders in this situation...I guess in the end it's all perspective again. Nonetheless, this is a game, and unless there's two routes that can be taken, we'll just have to see this to the end."

Looking back over at the brunette the Ultramarine Knight gave another nod, "Alright, what direction should we start looking?"

Calrex 218/293 (+6)
   Energy 12/57 (+1)

(We'll go with the updated changes.) 

Dom looked over at Calrex after the battle had completely been dealt with, he doubted that Calrex was nearly as exhausted as he was. The Ultramarine Knight had quite a few levels on him which got Dom wondering, "So officially, what level have you reached already Rex?" He asked with a tinge of curiosity coming out in his question, "I know it's inappropriate to ask one's level in this world, but I think we're close enough that it wouldn't pose issue to ask." He laughed saying.

He dropped his inventory to check his stats and immediately noticed something strange, "I think a patch just went into affect as we killed Lady Vayne. My Mitigation just dropped, but my damage just increased by a lot." He shouted out loud, he started to move his fingers around configuring with his settings. His menu open for Calrex to see his 6 different unique items. Dom flipped to his full battle attire stats, watching his health reduce but his thorns and mitigation spiked up a large amount, "Well, I like the new system already." He grinned wickedly.

ID: 45747 | CD: 5

Hp List
Calrex 218/293 
   Energy 12/57 (1/3)
Ssendom 141/193 (+6)
   Energy 0/37 (1/3)

OOC: Lol sounds good XD. Lemme know if we can/can't change our equipment to our new loadout.

IC: (1 Post Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"Heh, is there such a thing as an unofficial level? In any case, from what I remember my level just hit 57. Besides, it's no big deal for me. At this point I've learned that levels are really relative, but they're not the most accurate measurement of strength."

As Ssendom made mention of the sudden change in stats the Ultramarine Knight pulled down his own stats, seeing that something different really had occurred. First and foremost, he saw that his health had actually taken a drop because his mitigation had been reduced. As a result his <<Stonewall>> mod caused the drop in his overhealth total, "Huh, looks like you're right. My own stats have taken a hit."

Calrex 224/276 (+6)
   Energy 13/57 (+1)
Ssendom 141/193 (+6)
   Energy 0/37 (1/3)

Edited by Calrex

(We cannot change our equipment that we didn't own before the change in the update. The only way to ignore that is with the possession of Unique Items. Which I am one of the only people aside from Zel who really benefits from it. Sorry, wish I could say yes to getting your stronger weapon.)

ID: 45761 | CD: 6

Dom looked over at Calrex who had the right to gloat about the fact he was level at fifty seven, "Well, you're somewhat right of the fact that level isn't the ultimate end all be all of strength and that is probably reserved for Unique's. Skills, items, and the whatnot. But having a vast level discrepancy over someone else shows how much that it truly does matter." He informed his friend who put himself down a slight bit.

He thought about the stats on the helmet and the comment made about the mitigation enhancement as he swapped stats to it, "You're right. For awhile everyone dropped their mitigation gear once the sword art update happened, but now with the tier system that the information brokers were hinting at. Mitigation might see a resurgence. But you know what got a huge power up? Thorns." He commented as his eyes opened wide to read what thorns was able to do now with the tier up, "Hawt Diggity Daffodil it's looking might spicy!" He shouted in surprise by how much stronger it truly was.

Calrex 224/276 (+6)
   Energy 13/57 (+1)
Ssendom 147/193 (+6)
   Energy 2/37 (2/3)

OOC: Alright no worries XD

IC:

(Energy Fully Recharged / 6 HP Recovered)

"Heh, I haven't used Thorns in quite a long time, probably back when we first met. Back then the Grand Chariot was a part of my standard armament, but after grandmastering heavy armor it seemed that my stats would be better utilized if I diversified. But with the release of skill mods and now the tiers, it seems like I'm going to have to start reallocating my stats again. I guess there's only really so much I can do with only perfect level items, heh. Nonetheless, Thorns was certainly a useful ability, so it's good to know it's going to be making a comeback."

"Hm...maybe once we're done here I'll stop by Oikawa's shop to see if he can make the successor to the Grand Chariot. The only question is if I'd want it to be for mitigation or Thorns based."

Looking at his energy he saw it flash back to maximum as he gave a nod to Ssendom, "Alright then, I'm back to fight levels. Looks like you're just about back as well."

Calrex 230/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57 (+All)
Ssendom 147/193
   Energy 2/37 (2/3)

• 1 month later...

Dom cracked his neck then looked over at Calrex, "I'm good enough to throw down damage now. Lead the way my good friend." He informed the ultramarine knight as he arose to his feet and began marching forward with his blade at the ready resting upon his shoulder, "We need to keep our eyes peeled for a sub dungeon. As it is stated the entrance to the building is through one of those." He followed up while reading the quest parameters.

ID: 48886 CD: 5

Calrex 230/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57 (+All)
Ssendom 153/193 (+6)
   Energy 37/37 (+All)

(6 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as he saw his teammate confirm he was back to combat levels of energy, "Will do. If we're going to get on with the rest of this quest, finding that sub dungeon would be the number one bet."

Gently resting his sword hand against the Grand Blade as the two continued onward, "Even with that NPC gone, something about this general area seems to be keeping me on my guard. There's not even any monsters around for miles. I wonder if it's some environmental effect."

Calrex 236/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57
Ssendom 153/193
   Energy 37/37

Ssendom continued with the same pace knowing that Calrex would easily be able to keep up with the overly armored juggernought, He kept his eyes to the ground wondering if there were any materials to be had, "I find it somewhat funny, that we always happen to get together to do some general farming. Then it always become hunting for enemies that are well outside the strength of the two of us. And we never seem to care about it. We just joyously go along until we happen to eviscerate strong enemies." Dom laughed a good little bit, "Also keep your eyes to the ground if you happen to chance upon some materials." He managed to say after he finished laughing. His body flashed a bright green as his Battle Healing skill triggered restoring almost all of his health.

ID: 49080
LD: 5
CD: 11

Calrex 236/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57
Ssendom 190/193 (31 BH + 6 OOC Regen)
   Energy 37/37

ID: 49332
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Intermediate Sub-Dungeon Found)

"Yeah, that seems to be the case even when we're not traveling together. It's kind of become part of the daily grind, although in terms of entertainment for sure taking on creatures that are much tougher, yet not enough to risk our lives gives a nice mixup. No surprise though. The strength between the two of us is more than enough to take on most creatures. Oh, speaking of materials though."

Looking over the bluenette recognized a set of strange ores that seemed to be stuck into a nearby gravestone. Popping them off of the marker he swiped and added them to his inventory, "But yeah these trips are a nice relief from the usual dull grind of the frontlines, heh...wait...what the?"

Right as the checked his inventory the bluenette saw the two ores had vanished. Looking back over at the gravestone he saw the slab of rock seem to fall below the dead grass, revealing some kind of staircase leading down beneath the fields, "Looks like I just found something. Shall we?"

Calrex 242/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57
Ssendom 190/193
   Energy 37/37

Edited by Calrex

Dom was rather surprised they had already found a sub-dungeon, Dom immediately went back and looked up the quest that they had just begun to embark on. He read somewhere that the only way to the manner was through a small dungeon that was hidden in the Vaynian Graveyard. All Dom could do was laugh out loud, "Heck of a good job Calrex, we're going to finish this quest sooner than I anticipated!" He exclaimed and immediately hopped down into the dungeon, he was ready to annihilate enemies in drones and swarms, "Lets clear the dungeon quickly so we can get to the boss! I hope it's harder than Lady Vayne!" He exclaimed again.

Calrex 242/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57
Ssendom 193/193
   Energy 37/37

0/10 Enemies Slain.

Calrex gave a friendly and competitive smirk as the brunette as he bravely leapt down into the dark depths of the underground dungeon, "Whelp can't let him leave me behind."

With a quick leap the bluenette descended down the staircase, his sword hand gripping the Grand Blade as the two continued making their way down, "So this place is a part of that quest we can across right? What do you think the theme is going to be down below. From the appearance of Lady Vayne it might be something slightly aristocratic."

Calrex 248/276 (+6)
   Energy 57/57
Ssendom 190/193
   Energy 37/37

Dom immediately cleaved through the first group of tower shield bearing Royal Soldiers at the entrance of one of the most decadent built hidden passages. Royal Torches and Paintings lining the walls, each painting of an unfamiliar face. Half way through the hallway he noticed a painting on the right that looked exactly like Lady Vayne the Rare Boss Mob that they had come to battle with, past that point there were more paintings that looked like family members of the woman they had executed. But, there wasn't an exact definition of whom they had to slay in this sub-dungeon.

ID: 49490 MD: 3
ID: 49491 MD: 8
ID: 49492 BD: 3 + 3 CD: 1 LD: 15

Calrex 248/276
   Energy 57/57
Ssendom 193/193
   Energy 25/37 -12

Royal Soldier 0/77 HP 19 MIT (16 * 6 = 96-19=77)

4/10 Enemies Slain

3696 col 4 Mats

ID: 49612
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 43 Remaining)

"Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this underneath a gravestone..."

After he watched Ssendom take down the first wave of guards the Ultramarine Knight followed behind, making sure that no other sets of monsters would try to spawn from behind to flank. Unfortunately, that turned out to be exactly what happened. Right after the two stepped past the spawning line for the initial set a second group of soldiers, these ones while just as armored, seemed slightly weaker, appeared. They rushed at Calrex, but before they even got close he leapt skyward, the Grand Blade lighting up with the <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art. Triggering <<Charge>> as he descended his fall rocketed back towards the ground as he pierced the ground. The four bolts of electricity shot out from the impact point and pierced through the four with ease, the creatures dissipating into crystals.

"Looks like they might be trying to replicate medieval castle formations Dom. Stay sharp."

Loot List
4 Materials

Calrex 248/276
   Energy 43/57 (-14)
Ssendom 193/193
   Energy 25/37

Enemies:
Royal Responder 1
: 0/72 (10+3 DMG * 7 Art - 19 MIT = 72 DMG)
Royal Responder 2: 0/72 (AOE)
Royal Responder 3: 0/72 (AOE)
Royal Responder 4: 0/72 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

As Calrex finished off the second group, it looked like they were in the clear through the rest of this medival hallway. Dom continued forth taking note of what Calrex said. Dom reached the complete other side of the hallway which had a staircase that lead up and out of the dungeon. He looked behind himself to see that there were absolutely no enemies that materialized behind them, "I guess the only way we can go is up."

After making his statement, he entered a beautiful plaza. Rose bushes growing a mass array of flowers along the path that lead up to a castle entrance, "Hawt Diggity Daffofil, that is one pretty building. Too bad the owner has to meet a grim end, am I right?" He laughed. As he approached the door, all of a sudden chains were launched toward Calrex and Dom each from opposite directions. Dom attempted to dodge the one that shot directly at him but it seemed to be able to track him and wrap around him.

Once he was binded he was ripped away from his teamate and placed next to a gargantuan armored golem armed with a warhammer in one hand and a greatshield in the other. "Looks like we'll meet up at the boss room! He shouted as there was no path that would lead him to Calrex aside from the door on the side of the building.

The massive armored golem lifted it's warhammer and brought it down on Dom's location with insane strength. Easily trackable, Dom dodged it effortlessly and used his advantageous position to strike with his most powerful sword art into the golem, but the heavy armor seemed to absorb most of the damage he inflicted, "Damn he's dense."

ID: 49691 BD: 6+3=8 CD: 10 MD: 4

16*12=192/2=96

Ssendom 193/193
   Energy 14/37 -12+1

Gargantuan Golem Defender 104/200
   Reduces all damage taken by half. 100 dmg ignores mitigation.

ID: 49724
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2 / Disguise +1) = 3
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 33 Remaining)

"Sounds go..."

Before Calrex could finish speaking he saw that his teammate was yanked to a distant area, making team combat nigh-impossible as the Dreadnaught faced a very large golem. As the bluenette faced forwadr he saw yet another pile of stone creak and begin to articulate into a more humanoid shape, resembling the creature Ssendom had just engaged in combat, "Great, a couple of guardians."

Tightening his grip on the Grand Blade the Ultramarine Knight rushed forward, weaving to the side while maintaining his momentum as a large ball of rock crashed into the spot where he was only a few moments ago. Triggering <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>> he accelerated further, but as the golem seemed to take a step out of range he also added in his <<Disguise>> skill, his size quickly growing to match the exact appearance of his foe.

Temporarily distracted the creature fell victim to the barrage of golden cuts from Calrex's sword before the Bull Rush mod also activated.

Finishing the attack the bluenette saw the creature was down nearly half of its health, in addition to being stunned, "Great opening move..."

"Dom, how are you holding up?!"

"That is if he can hear me..."

Calrex 248/276
   Energy 33/57 (-11+1)

Gargantuan Golem Defender Twin 123/200 (10+3+1 DMG * 11 Art / 2 Special = 77 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
   Reduces all damage taken by half. 100 dmg ignores mitigation.

Edited by Calrex

After Dom landed he looked over to the side to notice a massive warhammer coming straight at him, with little time to avoid the mace he braced himself to let his Mitigation handle the damage. Upon the mace slamming into his body did he realize that the strength behind the mace was stagger and insanely powerful as though the creature's brute force strength allowed him to ignore the armor. Dom staggered around disorientated at the moment, but quickly regained his composure and launched himself at the walking tank. He tore his blade through the giant shattering it into many pieces. After landing, he thought he heard Calrex shouting but couldn't make out the words. I'll check on him in a minute.

ID: 50054 BD: 3+3 CD: 5 LD: 20 MD: 8

Ssendom 112/193 -100 +19
   Energy 3/37 -12+1

Gargantuan Golem Defender Dead/200 (-36 thrns) (-96 Dmg)
   Reduces all damage taken by half. 100 dmg ignores mitigation

200*5=1000 col 2 mats