[PP-F5] 《Butcher of the Sands》(Calrex)

Zandra was back at floor five, again. Last time she was here she was gathering snowflakes for the christmas event. Thiu it was very uneffective compared to Macradon. He could use his AOE to actually deal damage. Her on the other side had to single target each. But after some time she found one of those dungeons she had herz of. Before she found it she just thougth it was some kind of rumors. But she had found one and even soloed it. She was kind of proud of herself to have accomplished that. But she had just found the easiest kind. Probably wouldnt be as lucky if finding a harder one. So she sent a PM to one of her top player friends, Calrex.

Hi Calrex

Im planning on looking for a dungeon at five. And I wonder if you wanna tag along?

Best regards, Zandra

It was short but she liked that. Going straigth for information when sending mails and PM's. She the sat down in the shadows at the one of the house near the warp plaza and waited, either for Calrex or just an answer to the PM.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just returned from his day of gathering materials and col Calrex gave a small sigh of relief, sitting down on the couch of the Amethyst Boutique before suddenly he heard his menu sound off an alert, "Hm?"

Swiping on his menu he pulled up the message that had just appeared, seeing that it was a request from Zandra to assist her with some dungeon exploration on the fifth floor. He was previously there, finding a low-level sub-dungeon on his own, seeming to be something out of Arabian Nights. With a smirk he send out a quick reply, saying that he would be there within a few minutes. Getting to his feet he looked over to see that Roc had perched himself up on one of the nearby chairs, giving a nod, "Alright, looks like break time's over, let's get back to work."

Exiting out of the artisan shop he headed straight for the teleportation plaza, sending himself to the fifth floor. Appearing back in the desert settlement of Armadillo he quickly scanned around, "Alright then, going from the message. Ah."

Looking over he recognized the young alchemist, giving a friendly wave as he finished his walk over, "Alright, where to?"

Zandra smiled at Calrex when he arrived. She had started to realy like this blue haired man. When he came closer he wondered where they should go. The only thing Zandra had thougth of was floor five. Not realy any particular way."Well, what about forward, then after awhile slightly to the right and little bit later a little to the left." She said in a tone that someone that describes in detail where something is. First she even looked serious. But in the company of a friend, she couldnt hide a smile for long."Actually, I have no idea. But maybe just go straigth forward to start with?" 

Calrex gave a friendly smirk as he listened to Zandra give him the witty response to his question, "Heh, alright then, forward it is."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he looked towards the gates leading out of the settlement and into the field zones, "You said you're looking for a dungeon in your message right? Those things certainly take some time to turn up. I actually discovered one on this floor not too long ago. It appeared to be themed after Aladdin or something, because I ended up having to fight an evil genie at the end."

The memory gave him a small laugh. Of course they decided to go with the mythological version, a djinn, but nonetheless the entire experience was certainly different than what he had grown accustomed to in all of SAO.

So Calrex had also found a dungeon on this floor. Thou the one he found had an aladdin style.''Well, actually I have also found one here on five. Thou it wasnt like Aladdin at all. It looked just like a cave entrance at first, but when I got inside it had an ancient ruin feel. The rock formations around me looked almost like it could have been buidlings decades or even milleniums ago. Thou it was pretty easy, the only guards was a few skeleton. The boss himself said he was 'the skeleton king'. But the only difference was tthat he was a little bit bigger and had a crown on his head. I guess the one you found was one of those harder ones right?'' she said while the walked thru the deser.

"Actually...the one I found was fairly easy as well. I ended having to fight a couple of bipedal dog-like creatures similar to the Egyptian sets, then an oversized scorpion, and finally the genie. They didn't pose much of a challenge at all, at least to my memory. In fact, I think the scorpion was more of a battle than the boss genie was, heh."

As the two continued forward Calrex kept his hands in his jacket pockets, scanning left and right for potential enemies. It seemed the dunes were quiet in terms of monsters spawning, something he found odd at times. Since it was the field zones, he would have expected the spawn rate of the creatures to be a little more frequent. In any case, no monsters meant no chance for dying, which was fine in his book.

''A big scorpion ey? That sounds pretty scary.'' she said honestly. She wasnt a big fan of scorpions and liked them better when they was in a cage or far away from her, like at least a hundred kilometers or so. She looked around. She knew it would take quite some time to actually find a dungeon, but like last time this heat was tearing at her, and not even a single breeze either. She brushed out some hair that she got in her face. But she stopped in her movement. She took another look around, and she felt something.''Ehm Calrex, is it just my imagination or is there a wind I feel?'' she said it more like a comment then a question. She knew that several players have died in a sandstorm. That meant they must be as dangerous here like back in the real world. 

"A wind?"

Calrex gave a calming breath as he focused his senses, trying to get an idea of the direction the wind was moving. There certainly a strong breeze going through the desert, potentially one that could be dangerous to those without the <<Survival>> skill. He swiped on his menu, summoning the Grand Chariot: Legacy. The deep-sea full body armor encapsulated his form as the emotionless helmet surrounded his face, "It seems there might be a small storm coming in. Have you gotten the extra skill from the Traveler quest?"

"This is more so that I can keep the sand out of my eyes. The last time I was out here I ended up walking through a literal Tornado Alley full of dust devils. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen this time around."

It seemed like Calrex also felt that the wind no longer was still, and it slowly increased. When he asked her if she had the survival skill from another quest on this floor her eyes turned to him.''Wait what? You think this gonna be a dangerous storm?'' she now both saw and felt the sand that was blowing around in the air, and always faster and faster. She havent done the quest just yet, she have tried two times, but the ones she did it with had left before they was even halfway thru it.''Damn it, I havent since the ones I do it with just leaves before we comlpete it. She equipped her red hood that she usually wears as a part of her casual town clothing outfit. There was also a scarf atached to it. She wrapped the scarf around her face, only leaving a small opening for her eyes. Then she pulled up the hood so it wouldnt unwrap. She also took her long black cloak and wrapped it around her body.''Maybe we should stop here and wait for the storm to pass, or what do you say?'' she said and turned her face so she could look at Calrex.

"So she doesn't have the Survival skill yet. That could be dangerous if we try to tough out the storm."

"Yeah, let's go ahead and wait for now. Let's not put ourselves at unnecessary risk."

Calrex gave a calming breath before he began to scan the area for a suitable place of shelter. From what he remembered in the past there were numerous small caves which seemed to pop up in the desert from time to time, especially the three times that he had gone on <<The Traveler>> quest. It wasn't long before he was able to discern a suitable place of shelter. Not far from where they were standing was a small cave that seemed to have been hollowed out of a nearby dune, whether by simulated natural means or by other players, but it would be suitable to weather the storm.

"Let's camp out in there for now until the storm lets up."

So Calrex agreed with Zandra that it would be a good idea to stop and take shelter somewhere. At least until the storm have passed by. She looked around for any possible shelter. But as far as she could see, there wasnt any nearby.''Ehm... Calrex... I cant see any go...'' she got interrupted by the blue haired man. He was better at finding a place, he pointed on a cave-entrance. She couldnt disagree that it would fit more then well as a cover, so she followed him to the cave.''I cant understand that I missed it, when you pointed it out it was pretty obvious. Ehe...'' she said and let out a nervous giggle. First when he pointed at it she had thougth it was a mirage, but since it was he and not her that found it, she had just followed him quietly.

Entering into the cavern the bluenette quickly scanned the interior before giving Zandra the go ahead to come inside. Glancing outside Calrex saw that the storm was beginning to settle in as the raging wind and sands ripped through the dunes. It was certainly not a good time to be wandering in the field zones if one didn't already have the <<Survival>> skill. He had yet to see someone fall to environmental conditions, but he was not going to risk the chance.

Stepping back from the mouth of the cave he turned around, giving a calming breath before sitting down against one of the nearby walls, "Alright, we should be safe in here for now. There's no passage further in, so we don't have to worry about attacks from behind. I haven't witnessed any monsters roaming about during these storms, so I believe we shouldn't have any encounters while we're hiding out."

Before Zandra followed Calrex into the cave she let him make sure there wasnt any surprises inside. You never knew with a cave. But it seemed this one was fine so she followed him into the shelter, to avoid that raging storm that had almost reached its peak by now. But on the inner side of the entrance, you couldnt feel a single trace of the wind, the air was completly still, just a smooth breeze now and then, but that just felt nice. Zandra walked to the wall opposite the one Calrex sat with and leaned her back on it. Then she slided down into sitting position, looking at the man that had helped her out so much.''You know Calrex, I must say I realy appreciate everything you have done to help me, Im realy grateful.'' she said with a friendly expression on her facce.

The bluenette gave a friendly smile in response to his teammate's as he gave a nod, "It's nothing at all, really. I do appreciate the appreciation though, heh. It helps me as well, because it gets me more familiarized with the ins and out of the floors, plus with you being one of the only active alchemists and support build players, you've been helping keep all of us alive. So I should be thanking you as well."

As he glanced back out at the darkness created by the blinding wall of sand Calrex gave a small sigh. It wasn't long ago he had taken on the dungeon on this floor, but exploring for it was an ordeal in itself. This time around since Zandra was with him he avoided the environmental conditions, but the last time he was pretty much in the heart of of the storm for a good part of his trip. Luckily enough his skill staved off an potential damage he could have taken, but without it he might have been torn to shreds, even with the high health that came with his level.

Looking back over he figured it was time for some casual conversation in order to pass the time, "In any case, how have things been with you and Jomei? I'm sure he's probably busy, since he became the head of the Velvet Room to my memory."

Zandra broke eye contact with Calrex and looked to the side while scratching her neck.''Ehh... Actually, Ive never used my healing, at least not when it have been needed. Mostly just because there wasnt anything elseI can do. But that horn your girlfriend gave me, it is one of my most precious and useful items. Tell her thanks from me next time you see her.'' she thougth back at the battle versus the Taga, or maybe it was the war, when the red haired Teayre had passed the unique horn to her, since it would better fit Zandras combat style then Teyres.

Zandras eyes went back to Calrex face when he asked about Jomei. It seemed he knew about the change of leader in Velvet room.''Well, how it have been between us? I guess it have been fine. We have spent almost all time together since he... yeah you know.'' she remembered that lovely night, when she asked him if he loved her back, and when the positive answer came, that was one of her best moments in her life.''Well, I guess its because we are both new love right?'' thats when she remembered that Calrex also knew how love in SAO felt.''So, how is it between you and Teayre?''she asked and pulled one of her legs towards her and held her arms around it, leaning the chin on the knee with a curious look on her face.

"Heh, well to answer two of your questions, Teayre's no longer just my girlfriend. We actually completed the Saying Vows quest a little while back, so we're actually married in the game now."

Speaking about it Calrex raised a hand to give a fake cough in response to the redness that was building on his face, "Darn it...after all this time and I still blush when I talk about her. I swear that potion of whatever left some lingering effect on me or something."

Continuing the conversation he gave a smile as he listened to Zandra speak about her and Jomei, "Well, as long as you two are still enjoying each other's company everything should be fine. From what I can tell you both think highly of each other, and it's certainly fun being around both of you. I'd say you and Jomei are quite a match, heh."

Putting a hand behind his head he ruffled the back of his blue hair before continuing, "As for my and Teayre, we've actually made our own guild, Amethyst Descent. It's a small guild, but everyone in it like a family member. But other than that things have been fairly smooth sailing to my knowledge."

Zandra blushed when Calrex corrected her when she said that Teayre was his girlfriend, actually his wife.''Oh yeah, right. I didnt thougth about that, but acctually I knew it. Sorry Cal.'' she had no idea why she apologised, it wasnt like Calrex would think it was bad manners of her to say something like that, or would he. She looked at him to see his reaction.

So, Calrex as well thougth they was quite a match, and he enjoyed both of their company. But he mentioned that they both thinked highly of each others. Then she looked curious.''What? Have he said something about me?'' she knew that he was a wonderful man and she repsected him, alot.

When Calrex mentioned Amethyst Decent, Zandra started to move like there was something troubling her.''Ehm... Calrex.'' she couldnt look him the eyes.''There is this thing, I dont know anyone to talk to. Could I talk to you about it? But you must promise to not tell Jomei.'' her red face and eyes turned back to Calrex with her last words.

"Heh, no it's quite alright. The entire thing was spontaneous, so actually for the longest time the only people that knew were Teayre and myself. We didn't turn it into a big reception or anything, but from what I've heard from a couple of other players they would like to have a celebration of the fact."

As Zandra queried him if Jomei said anything about her he calmly shook his head, "Well initially I found out because he, Ssendom, and I all ended up running into each other at a bar on the eleventh floor, which was when he told us, but it seems from the way he speak about you and such that he does care about you. I'm not the most knowledgeable about such things, but his words were certainly genuine."

Taking note of the young woman's change in posture his eyebrows narrowed slightly out of curiosity before they returned back to their normal positioning, "Sure, if you want to tell me go right ahead. My lips are sealed."

Zandra took a deep breath before she started. She had carried this with her for such a long time, and never told anyone about it, she felt like she couldnt have done it much longer. Hopefull y Calrex wouldnt judge her to bad.''So, it all started with several weeks, if not months ago when Jomei asked if I wanted to join Velvet room. Back then I answered yes since thats the first guild request Ive ever got and Jomei seemed like a nice guy. It was before we grew as tight as we are now.'' the last she added like a side note.''And since then Ive been a member of Velvet. After awhile I even got promoted to get my own arcana, kind of your status in Velvet or something like that.''she took another breath, since now came the hard part.''But I dont want to be in Velvet. Not because of the other guildmembers. Its because Im not realy a guild member. Outside SAO I was the guild leader of a guild across several games, one of the top guilds in many games. The name was 'the Shining Stars'. I thougth that Velvet would be like, disbanded when Lowenthal left and take the chance to start the Shinging Star in here as well. But now when Jomei is the leader, there is no way in the world I can quit. What am I gonna do Calrex?''

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Hm..."

Listening to Zandra voice her thoughts Calrex listened attentively. It was certainly something he was familiar with, as he had been a part of two guilds in the past, one of which he and Teayre, along with a whole slew of people, were unknowingly ejected from, and the latter the two ended up leaving of their own will. The first was the Azure Brigade, back before Zelrius resurrected the well-known high level guild, and the second was Absolute Pin, which Ariel had founded in the Brigade's wake to help fill the power gap that had formed.

"She wants to start her own guild and leave Velvet Room...I do want to respect her wishes, but the thing that concerns me is would both guilds be able to function? I haven't seen or heard from Lee and Piera in quite some time, and with Lowenthal taking over the Azure Brigade...that would only leave Jomei. In addition, does Zandra have enough people to form Shining Stars?"

Giving a moment to collect his thoughts the bluenette gave a small exhale before looking over and responding, "To be honest Zandra, I can say I have, and at the same time haven't, been in a similar situation to what you're going through. In the past I've actually been a part of the Azure Brigade, and after that Ariel's guild Absolute Pin, but both times Teayre has been by my side through it. Our affiliation history is the exact same, so with you and Jomei I wouldn't be sure."

Sitting upright he leaned a bit forward so that he was sitting more comfortably, "However...I will keep this to myself, but I believe there's a few things you need to do before thinking about this further. First would the be personal side: I honestly think you should talk to Jomei about your thoughts, because if he is your boyfriend and someone you trust, then keeping him in the dark will only do more harm than good. Secondly would be the logistics: Should you leave Velvet Room and form your own guild, would there be enough members to keep Velvet from being locked and would you be able to find enough people to join Shining Stars?"

With that he leaned back, his expression returning to his calm, yet friendly face, "Whatever decision you decide to make, just know you have my support."