[PP-F5] 《Butcher of the Sands》(Calrex)

Zandra looked at the man while he stated the cons of going upward and said that the door probably is the safest way to go because off that. She let out a giggle."Hihi. I wonder if you have been a politian back in the real world. I clearly asked you what way off two possible choices you wanted to go."she looked at the two possible routes before looking back at Calrec."But the answer I get just says the doorway is safer. But you didnt said if you wanted to go that way. Sometimes its exiting to not play safe, but sometimes you dont want to take any risk at all." She turned back to face the different possible ways to go.

HP: 132/132 (13/33) 2/3 OoC posts to full energy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh geeze, do I come off as a politician? Heh, I'm actually just a worker at a tech company, so I just try to go with the most logical decision."

Calrex put a hand behind his head as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Let me give it one more look to see...Hm..."

"I still think the most secure route would be the one right in front of our faces, but now that I give it more thought there might be more reward with the increased risk as well. Zandra's definitely increased her mitigation, so she can certainly take a hit now..."

Looking over he gave a smirk and a nod, "Alright then, let's see what's going on up above then."

Heading over to the nearby ladder he gave a calming breath before ascending, making sure to check their surroundings as he got to the top. As he had suspected, the area was certainly darker than down below. Drawing the Grand Blade II he gave a calming breath before proceeding, "Keep your eyes peeled for now. This area is a prime spot for ambushes and surprise attacks."

It seemed Calrex didnt liked the comment of looking like a politican, and he wasnt an either. That made Zandra glad since she never had been interested in politic. Except the political system in guilds, thou that have been different. Since they trust and believe in eachother there was no use to lie to get away or making the best for oneselfs perspective. After a second look Calrex picked the ladder, that was also the way Zandra had hoped for, thou she didnt said it just answered with a nod and followed him. She detached her whip from the hip and held it while she climbed the ladder. That would have been impossible with a two-handed weapon, but the whipwas no preoblem. Calrex reached the area first and Zandra followed closed after, placed herself back to back to make sure they wouldnt be attacked in the back. The light was much lower up here.''Now that nigh vision skill wouldnt have been wrong to have right?'' she said, more like a comment then a question.

3/3 OoC posts, full energy

"Yeah, no kidding. This probably would have been a lot easier back before the release of skill mods, because I had both Night Vision and Reveal, so any ambushes I would have easily been able to spot."

As he continued to scan around the bluenette kept his hand pressed against the wall to ensure that he managed to maintain an idea of where he was standing, the Grand Blade II in his sword hand as he felt out each step he took. It was nearly pitch black in the area the two were traveling through, and with that fact came the threat that one missed step could result in them falling back to the floor below.

After some time Calrex felt his hand brush across something cold and metallic, rounded exactly like a doorknob. On the other side was a faint light, "Alright, I think I might have just found an exit. Get ready."

Unlocking the door he pushed it open to see what might appear behind it.

Zandra followed close after Calrex thru the almost completly dark room. Suddenly he stopped and she bumped into him. She took a step to the side to see what have got his attention."What have yo..." was all she could say before he pushed open a door. A few seconds later they felt the floor shake and a grawl from inside the room.

Zandra stared at the sight of what was inside, eyes wide open. She felt her knees shake, this time not because of the shaking floor few seconds ago. Inside she could see three big humanoids, almost two meters tall. Their skin looked like leather and seemed to be able to whitstand many strikes. They weared almost no armour at all but Zandra thougth the skin probably would compensate for that. As weapons they wielded huge wooden clubs that looked like they could knock out a grizzly with one strike. But that wasnt what took her main attention. At the other end of the room was a fourth creature. It looked almost like the balrog from the lord of the rings trilogy, but a little smaller. Three meyers tall with black leather wings, claws almost the size of a larger dagger and red evil eyes. This must be the boss room.

Thats when she threw a look at the room itself. It a greencoloured stone floor with like a scene at the furthest end. Size was about ten meters wide and twenty meters long. The five meters tall walls and the roof was completly made of quartz, the light coming from a huge crownlamp(will change to right word when at a computer) with countless of candles.

Zandra glanced at Calrex, she knew what she must do, but she was so scared. Her hand shaked when she swiped in the air equiping her horn. She took a deep breath to calm down. She looked at Calrex and nooded, the shaking had eased a little. She closed her eyes and took another deep breath, this time to gather courage."You can do this Sandra, you can do this!" She opened her eyes. Then she rushed out in the hall and inhaled as much air she could. She had aimed for a spot ten meters in the room, but after only five her legs folded and she fell down into sitting position. All mobs turned their heads towards her. The boss jumped forth and with the help of its wings it landed right infront of her and let out another grawl. Tears appeared on her face when she moved the horn to her lips with shaking hand. Then she blew it. The sound was much louder then the size of the horn should sound and was herd for ten seconds before she moved it from her lips. All the mobs was paralyzed."Your turn Calrex." She shouted to her friend.

Spoiler
Spoiler

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW02_zpscqw
Winged demon
HP: 300
Dmg: 35

Spoiler

Half_Trolls_zpsvkalzba4.jpg
Half-troll
HP: 100
Dmg: 20
Mit: 25

ID: Ignored since no roll
BD: Ignored since no roll
MD: Ignored since no roll

Zandra: 132/132 (33/33)
Calrex: 263/263 (57/57)

Winged deamon: 300/300 Paralyzed
Half-troll 1: 100/100 Paralyzed
Half-troll 2: 100/100 Paralyzed
Half-troll 3: 100/100 Paralyzed

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID:46795
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

As they entered into the room Calrex looked across to see their foes, a small smirk coming across his face for a second before returning back to his stoic focused disposition.

"Guess we found the boss room alright..."

Listening he saw Zandra's horn blast, paralyzing the enemies. He recalled that it was a gift from his wife to the young woman, as it seemed to suit her playstyle moreso and Teayre's own offensive combat tactics. At her signal he gave a nod, but as he did he felt the roar of the winged daemon once again as it rattled the floor enough to cause him to stumble.

Unable to get a good grip on the floor he gave a sigh as he made note of his attack opportunity window passing him by. Immediately switching his tactics to defense he flipped the Grand Blade II into a reverse grip, raising it high as the light blue energy of his <<Howl>> skill's aura formed around it. With a powerful thrust he plunged the sword into the ground as the roar emanated from his entire avatar in a shockwave loud enough to drown out the creature's own cry.

Extracting his weapon Calrex gave a nod to Zandra, "I'll be able to bring the three minions down into the red with my next strike, and from there I can focus on the boss. Think you can tangle with the half-trolls in the meantime?"

HP List
(Hate: 0) Zandra: 132/132
   Energy: 33/33
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 57/57

Enemies:
Winged Daemon:
300/300 Paralyzed
Half-troll 1: 100/100 Paralyzed
Half-troll 2: 100/100 Paralyzed
Half-troll 3: 100/100 Paralyzed

Edited by Calrex

Zandra nooded at Calrex as he gave her instructions that he would take the trolls down to red and then go for the boss.''Got it.'' Thou she didnt knew how much she was going to be needed to take down the trolls, so she decided to deliver her first attack on the deamon. She charged up her Aerial spin and when she felt the power was ready, she bent her knees and made a backflip. The whip swung and built up the momentum. Immediatly when she landed she made another backflip. The attack resulted in two stripes that removed almost a third of its health. The backflips also placed her out of reach to be counter attack. The three trolls went for Calrex, but he would probably have no troubles with them.

ID: 46824
BD: 4+2=6 Hit 11x2x2=88 Dmg
MD(Deamon): 2 Miss

ID(Half-troll 1): 46825
MD: 4-2=2 Miss

ID(Half-troll 2): 46826
MD: 6-2=4 Miss

ID(Half-troll 3): 46827
MD: 5-2=3 Miss

Zandra: 132/132 (25/33) H: 1
Calrex: 263/263 (57/57) H: 3

Winged deamon: 212/300
Half-troll 1: 100/100
Half-troll 2: 100/100
Half-troll 3: 100/100

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 46382
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Parry / Aw man two in a row?)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 55 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he prepared to rush forward and attack, but as he did he felt a sudden hesitation come over him, "W-What in the?"

Shaking his head he gave a couple of calming breaths, centering himself once again, "I just have lost my focus for a second. I've got to keep my head in the game. This is a battle, a boss battle at that..."

Keeping his sword trained on the creatures in front of them his forearms began to radiate the same light blue aura of his <<Howl>> skill as he triggered his <<Parry>> skill. Readying himself for any incoming attacks he gave another calming exhale, ready for battle.

HP List
(Hate: 1) Zandra: 132/132
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 55/57 (-2)

Enemies:
Winged Daemon:
 212/300 
Half-troll 1: 100/100 
Half-troll 2: 100/100 
Half-troll 3: 100/100 

Edited by Calrex

What is Calrex doing? He said he was gonna take the half-trolls down to the red, but instead he places himself in defensive stance with the parry. She raised an eyebrow. But then she guessed she just was gonna continue to backflip on that deamon. She turned her focus to it and prepared her aerial spin. She took a deep breath and started her acrobatic sword art. Thou she felt it didnt realy should be possible with the armour she weared, to make two backflips in a heavy metal armour. But the system worked that way and almost another third of the deamons health dropped down, which made Zandra smile.

ID: 46983
BD: 4+2=6 Hit 11x2x2=88 Dmg
MD(Deamon): 4 Miss

ID(Half-troll 1): 46984
MD: 4-2=2 Miss

ID(Half-troll 2): 46985

ID(Half-troll 3): 46986
MD: 9 Crit +1 21-????????=1 Dmg(Calrex)

Zandra: 132/132 (18/33) H: 1
Calrex: 262/263 (55/57) H: 3

Winged deamon: 124/300

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 46997
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies / 1 Energy Recovered / 56 Remaining)

"Alright, there's the opening!"

Right as Zandra took another Strike Calrex readied himself to move in and follow up with his own area of effect attack. But right as he did he felt the power behind his strike leave him, "W-What in the?..."

He stopped his advance as he looked down at the Grand Blade II and his sword arm. There seemed to be nothing wrong with the sword itself, but his grip and arm felt strange, as if the strength was waning from it. The sword rattled as he tried to tighten his grip further, but it almost seemed futile. No amount of strength put into his grip seemed to improve the sensation of weakness in his wrist.

"Something seems to be sapping my strength. I must not have sensed it until we entered this room."

Executing <<Howl>> once again he saw the light blue aura form around his sword, but it was certainly not as brilliant or solidified as in the past. Quickly bringing the weapon down he pierced the ground and released the energy again as he gave a couple of calming breaths, "Quick change of tactics Zandra! Keep focusing on the daemon for now. One of these enemies, or something in this room, seems to be draining my strength. I'll keep my aggro going for now, and once I'm able to gather enough to attack I'll use it."

HP List
(Hate: 2) Zandra: 132/132
(Hate: 6) Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 56/57 (+1)

Enemies:
Winged Daemon:
 124/300 
Half-troll 1: 100/100 
Half-troll 2: 100/100 
Half-troll 3: 100/100 

Edited by Calrex

Zandra looked at the blue haired man with a suprised expresion in her face. Both she and Calrex knew that he was the highest damage dealer here, and he could survive hits longer but against these creatures Zandra would be able to take quite alot of hits. And when she got there she could just use her field medic mod to heal herself about twentysix health. But maybe he had some clever plan that there wasnt enough time to explain. So Zandra turned back her attention to the deamon.''So, you ready you little piece of crap, come at me.'' When she had striked it twice with no retaliation she had lost her fear for it and now she was prepared to take it down. She took a few step backwards, luring the deamon out of the AOE zone from Calrex attack that hopefully gonna come next turn. Thou after she had almost taken down these guy alone, she was egoistic enough to want make the last hit herself. But she should have focused more on the mob infront of her, since it charged forward and raised its long arm and the three huge claws came at her. She held her arms like a cross infront of her and her amrour mitigated all except one single point of damage. Next moment she retaliated by making two backflips, making two more stripes on the demons body, seeing its health drop down to the red.

ID: 47005
BD: 9 Crit +1 12x2x4=96 Dmg
MD(Deamon): 7 Hit 35-57=1 Dmg (Zandra)

ID(Half-troll 1): 47006
MD: 2-2=0 Miss

ID(Half-troll 2): 47007
MD: 7-2=5 Miss

ID(Half-troll 3): 47008

Zandra: 131/132 (11/33) H: 3
Calrex: 262/263 (55/57) H: 6

Winged deamon: 28/300

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 47009
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6 (No Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 43 Remaining)

As Zandra's strike ripped into the daemon, its gaze seemed to be broken as it looked back towards the woman. It was right at this time that Calrex suddenly felt his strength return, "Looks like whatever was draining my strength has been disrupted. Better not waste this opportunity!"

Immediately triggering <<Charge>> the bluenette shot forward before quickly leaping upwards, the Grand Blade II's point directed at the ground below. Activating his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art Calrex quickly plunged towards the ground as his sword crackled to life with the electrical blue aura of the technique.

Piercing the ground the energy shot out, illuminating the surroundings in brief flashes before the bolts shot into the three trolls and completely through the boss daemon. Without the increased mitigation that the trolls had, the creature couldn't withstand the strike.

The largest of the creatures eliminated the Ultramarine Knight extracted his weapon as he gave a calming breath, "Alright, now to deal with these three."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
(Hate: 4) Zandra: 131/132
   Energy: 11/33
(Hate: 7) Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 43/57 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Winged Daemon:
 -84/300 (13+3 DMG * 7 Art = 112 DMG)
Half-troll 1: 13/100 (13+3 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 87 DMG)
Half-troll 2: 13/100 (AOE)
Half-troll 3: 13/100 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

Zandra prepared to deal the final strike, just imagine, she would have taken down a middle dungeon boss all by herself. Well it was pretty weak compared to high buffs her gear gave her, with this and a fighting partner she should be fighting higher floors like ten and above. But well, now they was here, better fonish this off. To make a flashy ending she prepared not the most energy saving, instead cross judgement. Thou just when she was gonna deal the finishing blow, it exploded into crystals. She got a surprised expression on her face. When she saw Calrex had just finished his AOE sword art. So they havent been enough away from it. Her eyebrows went together, her eyes stared at him and her mouth was just one thin stripe. She crossed her arms"Hey Cal! That was my kill, didnt you saw I almost had him?" She walked to a nearby wall and leaned on it. She knew those trolls was like mosquitous to Calrex, otherwise she would never leave him alone like this.

ID: 47126

BD: Ignored du to RP purpose

MD: 8 Hit 1 dmg

ID: 47127

MD: 10 Crit +2 =1 Dmg

ID: 47128

BD: 4 Miss

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 47144
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 36 Remaining)

"Sorry about that. The area of effect attacks tend to target every creature that it can lock on to...gh!"

Before Calrex could finish his short explanation he felt two blows from each of the trolls strike him in the back. Giving a quick exhale he shook his head before quickly turning to face the offending creature, lowering himself into his stance for <<Vertical Square>> as the Grand Blade II lit alight with the light blue glow.

Rushing forward the bluenette quickly unleashed the rapid four cuts of the attack, each one slamming rapidly into the trolls before the afterimage of a square standing up on one side flashed for a second. The trolls lingered for a second before busting into crystals. With the encounter over he gave a calming sigh of relief before returning his sword to its scabbard before facing his teammate, "In any case sorry about that. At least the immediate threat is..."

As he was speaking suddenly it seemed the surroundings of the boss room began to open up like a flower, the light of the outside slowly beginning to shine brighter and brighter, "Well, looks like we found the exit."

HP List
(Hate: 4) Zandra: 131/132
   Energy: 11/33
(Hate: 8) Calrex: 261/263
   Energy: 36/57 (-8+1)

Enemies:
Winged Daemon:
 -84/300 (13+3 DMG * 7 Art = 112 DMG)
Half-troll 1: -14/100 (13 DMG * 4 Art - 25 MIT = 27 DMG)
Half-troll 2: -14/100 (AOE)
Half-troll 3: -14/100 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

Zandra gave Calrex a friendly smile.''No worries, I was just teas...'' she as well got interrupted in her sentence when she saw the room slowly fade away. Not long time later, they was back at the cave entrance where they have entered the dungeon.''Hehe, yeah I think your right.'' she looked at the opening and saw there was something different.''Hey Cal, the sandstorm have passed by. Do you think that have anything to do with us clearing the dungeon?'' To do these dungeons was something that realy hade interested Zandra, she just wanted to go for them on higher floors, where the boss would actually be a challenge. Well, maybe she will head on another one sooner then she thinks.

(2 Posts Until Full Energy Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"Hm...it's possible. It's the first time I've ever seen an environmental effect be linked to a dungeon though. Neat mechanic, heh."

As their "elevator" fully opened into the landscape Calrex gave a calming breath as he scanned the area to see if he can get a bearing on their current location. However, it didn't take long to discern a landmark. No more than a mile or so from their position was the familiar dome that housed the field boss for the <<Butcher of the Sands>> quest, Sando Satsu.

"Well, looks like we're a good distance off from the settlement, and very close to where a quest field boss spawns, at least from what I can tell."

HP List
Calrex: 263/263 (+6 HP)
   Energy: 37/57 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

When Calrex said that they was close to a field boss spawn Zandras head turned to the bluenette.''What? You serious?'' she looked at her whip and her amrour. Was this fate? She just wished for a real challenge, and here it is. Then she checked her energy. And her energy didnt wanted her to leave just yet. She walked to a rock close to the wall, sat down and leaned on the wall.''Well, I have to recover my energy before we can head out. You think we will be able to take it the two of us?'' she cursed herself that she had already used her horn today. But it couldnt be helped. Thou it would go faster if she consentrated on just bursting it down. And if it comes to that, she did had her field medic mod. So many thougths flew thru her mind at the moment. Was they gonna try? Or was it to dangerous? She better just stop thinking until hearing Calrex answer. If such an experienced player as Calrex think they would be able to do it, then they probably will.

2/3 OoC posts

(1 Post Until Full Energy Recharge)

"Hm...from what I remember it shouldn't be anything too difficult for us to handle, although we should definitely recover our energy first. The last time I fought it was alongside Teayre, and we made short work of the creature, but we were definitely as strong as we could be before doing so."

As he began to head in the direction of the arena Calrex confirmed his health being fully replenished from his <<Survival>> skill before double checking his equipment. With the creature they would be facing mitigation wouldn't be as strong of a necessity over evasion, as he remembered on some hits the field boss was actually capable of bypassing armor and shields. The aim for this battle was to hit as hard and fast as possible while avoiding the monster's own attacks.

HP List
Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 38/57 (+1)

Zandra followed Calrex out from the cave. Last time he had taken it with Teayre. But Teayre was much stronger then her, so would he realy be able to do it with Zandra. Then she remebered, she must stop look down on herself. She wasnt weak. She have become realy strong over the months she had been in Aincrad.''You can do it Zandra. You have to belive in yourself. You can do it.'' she mumbled to herself. She herd a noice and looked up. It was the notice her energy now was full. So her energy was full, her health was full and she had her trusty whip with her.''So, now Im as ready as I can be.'' she said and looked up at Calrex and nooded.

3/3 OoC posts Full energy

OOC: Will spawn field boss on next post.

IC:

(Energy Fully Recharged)

Calrex gave a nod as Zandra confirmed she was ready to go as he gave an encouraging smile, "We should be perfectly fine. I feel like it was more of a threat back when Teayre and I did it because both of us were lower in level. With the amount of strength between us this time around this should be a piece of cake. If we hit it hard enough we should be able to down it within two or three rotations, far less than what it would need to finish either one of us off."

As they passed through the rows of spears that marked the border of the arena the bluenette gave a calming breath as he focused, readying himself. Drawing the Grand Blade II he kept it posed to strike.

Not only a few moments later crystals began to gather in the center of the area, the marker that the boss was spawning, "Alright, get ready."

HP List
Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 57/57