[OP-F11] Unexpected Plot Twist

Heights had never been Daeron's favorite thing in the world. He was never keen of being anywhere where his feet weren't actually touching the earth's soil. Well, now here he was, in Aincrad, a floating "world" that wasn't even real to be completely honest. The people one was around, were actually miles away from their home, or even in a separate state, country, or continent. Regardless, Daeron looked down, over the edge of the world that appeared perfect to many people. He has spent a long time suffering mental stress. He sighed, as he was sitting over the edge of the island just enjoying the view. It would be easy for somebody to push him off the world and end his life permanently.

How ironic of a death would that be? Player killer gone good and he dies because he was pushed, absurd to hear, but possible. Daeron chuckled as that thought came across his mind. Daeron looked at his friends list as it was obviously packed with players since he's been able to say he's payed his dues as a veteran on the front lines. He opened up a message menu to create a new message, and set the target to send it to as his entire friends list. Daeron wrote a letter and pressed send. He stood up and stared at the sky. Turning himself around, he gave a smile.

Daeron unequipped his armor and set it on the ground before where he stood. As the message had completed sending to all of his contacts, he gave a final glare with his charming smile and his orange, fierce eyes. The golden haired boy began to slowly tilt backwards and with arms welcoming the abyss, he began descending into the emptiness below Aincrad. As the world began to become nothing but darkness, he simply said one last thing before he depixelated, "To all of those who suffer like me, let me bring your burdens with me outside of this world." Even though he knew, that he could do nothing now, but watch his life disappear in his very eyes.

My eyes blinked open slowly to see a message blocking my view. I stretched my arms above me and yawned, rolling over to the opposite side of the bed. Lazily, I clicked it open and looked at the sender: Daeron. "That's funny, he rarely messages me..." I smiled at the pleasant surprise and began reading. Very quickly my smile fell from my face, this wasn't a friendly not, it was a goodbye letter. A pit formed in my stomach. This wasn't good. I shot up from my laying position and busted through the door of the Inn I was staying at. I navigated through my HUD with shaky fingers and found Daeron's name towards the bottom. I pressed on the cursor icon and saw him at the very edge of the map, on the other side of the Eleventh Floor. My boots came screeching to a halt as I turned around, sprinting in the other direction. I ran past the Inn I stayed at, my boots digging into the stone path of The Intermediate Floor. I followed the map until the buildings became smaller and less common. Ahead of me I saw a body lean backwards and fall off the edge of the Aincrad. My eyes widened and I ran even faster towards the falling person. "NO!" I screamed and saw the figure mouth a few words and disappear completely from sight. I slowed down when I saw a pile of armor and pixels floating into the sky, dissipating one by one. I stood silently for a few minutes with my head hung low. Then, after some time had gone by I looked at my map icon...Daeron's cursor was gone. I closed my menu and reached my right hand to my face. An unsteady stream of tears began to fall from my face. I sunk to the ground and hugged the golden armor laid before me. "Daeron..." I said in a quiet, unstable voice. First Keith disappears, then Zelrius left, and now....and now Daeron was gone.

I wiped my face in my bare arm and leaned against the ledge, continuing to caress the last remaining part of my second blonde friend. I remembered to how we met, on Floor 2. I was easily the second highest leveled player in Aincrad, just below Keith at the time, when suddenly we just happened to run into each other. Back then, both Daeron and I were mirror images of each other. We were both extremely rude and were sarcastic to the max. Also, when he told me he was a PKer I thought nothing of it. We got dragged into the literal dark, and had to fight a tedious battle against bats. However, I couldn't remember the rest. I laughed slightly as a way to hold back a waterfall of tears. "Daeron, you were supposed to buy me dinner, I was supposed to get the spoils..." I closed my eyes and tucked my legs into my chest, wrapping my arms around the armor and my legs. "Why did you have to leave me like everyone else did?" I asked in a muffled voice. 

Edited by Kiru

"Hm...a message?"

Calrex gave a small sigh as he opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times to try and focus his sight before he swiped his finger at the air in front of him to summon his menu. The transparent blue panels appeared in front of him before he continued to swipe to the side, seeing that the new message was from Daeron. It seemed to be rather odd that he had received a message from the young man, especially because even though the two were on familiar terms, they never had enough interactions that the bluenette would have thought him to be a close friend. The most he had remembered being invovled with the golden-haired player was when he found him, Oske, Xanatos, Mari, Ariel, and Azide so many months ago, the aftermath of Mari's potion induced attack.

However, the contents of the message was that immediately awoke him, "Wait a min..."

"Roc, we've got to move."

Bursting out of the Amethyst Boutique, closing the door behind him, the bluenette quickly moved and weaved through the countless monsters that littered the thirteenth floor before he ducked into the settlement, teleporting to the eleventh floor. Right as he arrived he immediately broke into a mad sprint with all that he could muster, but by the time he managed to reach the origin point of the message, there was no trace of the man he knew as Daeron. The only trace of his existence was a single weeping girl, the two-toned hair making it easy to tell that he was a person he had last seen at the Azure Brigade Christmas Party, Kiru, who was tightly clutching the shining golden armor which littered the ground.

"So...he's already gone..."

His eyes widened in surprise and fear before he forced back down the tightness in his throat as he gave a calming breath, suppressing the negative emotions that wanted to try and surface. Cautiously he walked towards the edge before peering over the edge. There wasn't a single crystal or pixel left as the Ultramarine Knight gritted his teeth before stepping away from the edge, "Daeron...I just hope now you're at peace..."

SENDER: Daeron
"To all of those who suffer like me, let me bring your burdens with me outside of this world."

Jomei stopped short in his track after he opened up the message to read its contents. The man had just stepped foot onto Floor Eleven when he received the message from Daeron. The message was not sent to him personally, but more so to everyone on his friends list, or maybe to every person in Aincrad. Jomei read the contents slowly, but shuddered when the words from the golden PKer hit him. Jomei barely knew him, and he seemed rather quiet the past couple of times he had met him. Also, he had murdered other players, so utmost respect was lacking from Jomei. But he was still a human being. Jomei quickly opened up his friends list to find just where Daeron was located; a cliff just outside of town. Jomei clenched his fist, he couldn't just stand there.. he needed to do something. In the same instant he swiped his hand down to close the message, the man took off at full speed towards Daeron's location. 

His feet carried him as quickly as they could through the rolling hills, running straight through the aggro zones of different mobs. It was then he saw it off in the distance. The tall cliff where the man supposedly was standing on top of. "Damnitdamnitdamnit!" Jomei said to himself as the wind smacked him in the face. He ran up the trail to the mountain and finally came to a stop at the top.. there.. he saw Calrex, Kiru, and a suit of gold armor. "Oh.. no..." Jomei said softly, slouching over and placing his hands on his knees, wheezing and breathing heavily. "I...hah... couldn't...hah... make it... hah..." After having his asthmatic fit, trying to catch his breath. He stood up straight and looked at the other two. Jomei first slowly walked over to Calrex, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. He then turned to Kiru, who was sitting with her legs pulled into her chest. Jomei slowly walked over to her and crouched next to her, placing a calming hand on the girl's back. He had no words for this.. it was the first time anyone he knew had taken their own life.