Quick Question from your SAO Newsteam.

Views?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many people read the monthly Newsletter?.

• Yes.
    • There's a Newsletter?.
    • No.

As the head of our Sao Newsletter this question has been on my mind for a while, now I've only done this for two months going on my third now. Hopefully the new additions to the team will help expand upon the types of articles made, but before that I wish to know if it is actually being read with it only being given out through Email rather than on site. 

Edited by Takneil

@Hirru Usually Erron or Shark sends out the Newsletter to each player's Email but if you checked not to receive anything when you first created your account on SAO-RP you sadly will not get a newsletter. Which I think is a extremely common case with most players :(

Depending on the results of this poll hopefully I can manage to get the Newsletter on site instead of Email, I understand from a staff's point of view that it seems useless but I hope they can also see it through my eyes. And all I see is me creating something that won't be read except by few people if only Shark, Erron, and myself. 

I'm too new to have gotten it before, but I do find it very interesting!

Not to divert the conversation at hand, but would these newsletters be "IC knowledge"? Like, if we get the newsletter could my character be aware of this information despite not personally being at the events?

Back on topic I'mma vote 'yes' because a newsletter would be a great summary of sorts in my mind~

Edit: Just got a message in my email asking if I got the message, so I'mma just edit here a 'yes' instead of double posting~

Edited by Shirien
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing how i sent this message out on May 15th

Hello {member_name}!

We at SAO-RPG would like to ask you one question! Have you been receiving these newsletter messages? If so, please reply to this question here on the forum. http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/12311-quick-question-from-your-sao-newsteam/

Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Erron

I'm going to assume the emails are not being sent out, granted the system tells me otherwise.

So now we will have to look into other means of providing you all a newsletter.

I would like to bring forth some constructive criticism if you don't mind based on the latest newsletter.

Firstly I think the image/typesetting could be a bit larger. I had to zoom in a bit to make out the words too clearly. :)

Secondly I would suggest a different background or text color, the black over the shifting colors of Aincrad (especially the middle frame) were difficult to make out in my opinion. It wasn't too bad, but I did have to strain my eyes a bit :P

*Too lazy to switch accounts* 
alright I'll keep that in mind. I usually have my screen on the highest brightness setting, and I do this on google draw so the out come isn't that well when it downloads. I'll see what happens when i throw it through something like pixlr next month, try to improve the quality. as for the picture I'll see about  finding a new one. 

I read it when it got posted on the announcements. Frankly, I'll prefer it that way since I also don't get it in my email. :p

One thing though... the black is kinda heavy on the eyes.. maybe if you put a light white filter above the picture and maybe a darker grey as text color would work.

Oh! Another thing.. maybe you guys could talk about hot topics in there too. Like the effects of recent PK incidents and the effects it had on the community. (You could even link it to the discussion if you want) Maybe also do an interview on a certain someone about anything. Almost like an interview on a star kind of thing. (Interview frontliners or well know people each newsletter can have someone else - you guys can vote on who)

Edited by Rain

A lot of people complained about not receiving them in email, including myself. So we moved it on site and Erron also posts it to the facebook page. And regarding the PK events, everything has yet to be concrete about that apparently so I can't give out information. A staff member made an announcement regarding Teayre's and Manta's deaths stating that they were both dead (of course Ebony as well) but after I release the newsletter I got informed that the announcement was false?. So it's better to not go in depth on things like that as it would be 'Fluid information' [Info that can change.] But i do have a hot topics idea, I announced ages ago that people should PM me their top favorite threads of the month, I'll go through and read them. Select them. and have them be in the newsletter, but no one has PMed me sooooo... yeah.

I see the link now *checking it out*

I like it. As others have said, the text is a pain in the butt to read, but I thought the content was good. I like having the link at the top of the site.

Maybe make the image a little bit bigger too?

I'd like to see more like this. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Baldur