[PP-F11]The Knights Raid Planning - Floor 17

OOC: If you are a KoB Member and you intend to take part in the F17 Boss Raid then you need to post here. We complete this thread and we get our Planning Table Bonus. The whole point in getting the small guild hall was to get the Planning Table, so let's use the thing. For now, all we can do is post arrivals since the Boss Info. has not been announced.

Mack still wasn't overly pleased to find himself occupying the Vice Commander's position within the Knights of the Blood Oath. This kind of administrative job was what he had wanted to avoid when he had hitched the fortunes of the Crimson Blades to the Knights of the Blood Oath. Yet, here he was saddled with the daily administrative duties that made it considerably more difficult to keep up with the ever evolving Front Lines. Sighing, the ginger giant leaned back in the altogether too plush Vice Commander's chair and waited for the rest of the members of the guild that would be taking part in the Raid on the seventeenth floor's boss to make their appearances.

Xion sighed as he approahced the building that was KOB's guild hall, the tank was attending a separate meeting for the boss raid just for KOB and he intended to take part this floor. "Well...let's go I guess" he muttered before  walking in, noticing that only Mack was present. "Early am I...?" He asked with a smile before seating him self at on the the many chairs around the Central table. "Mack...I hope you don't mind me taking part this floor" 

My first floor boss... I told myself with a small grin. The boss room had already been found, so I heard, and I intended to take part. Of course, none of the info on the boss had been leaked yet, so all we could do was gather our bearings and prepare for what Cardinal might throw at us. My crimson wrapped palms eased the great doors open, releasing a cry like a giant's yawn, and I stepped through the threshold into the Hall. Noticing I was the second member in the room - excluding Mack himself of course - I could not help but chuckle. "Wow, and I am usually the one late to the party." I jested, taking my position against the wall as per usual. I swear, I should have engraved my signature in the wall there to signify it was MY territory... but Mack might not have been happy with me for that. "Guess I will just chill here while I wait..."

The next floor boss battle was approaching fast. Would they really be prepared? Who could say. Not Seul, that was certain. Still it seemed a new set of players were lining up to join in the battle. In a way it was good since the frontliners had been taking massive hits in recent times to their force. Now it was just a matter of seeing if they could all take the heat. The thought stuck with the knight as he made his way to the guild hall where the guild was holding its own meeting. For the first time really a large portion of members would be taking part in the battle and among them was him. Probably.

Mack, Xion, and Grave had already gathered in the hall. If he had to guess Macradon would show up eventually and maybe even Lawfer would too. With a wave to his comrades Seul took one of the seats at the table while waiting for the briefing to start.

Arriving at the guild hall as always, Macradon would prepare himself for the internal meeting of the Knight of Blood. Macradon got there in time and would sit down in a chair that he wasn't used to sit in. Now that he was appointed Third in Command, he sat in the chair Mack used to sit in, and Mack sat in Opal's chair. He sighed deeply as this wasn't how he imagined the guild to become when he first joined. Opal was the person to invite him to the guild, while also being one that deceived everyone. Macradon would lean back in the chair and await any orders that would be given to him, or any orders he would need to hand out.

Edited by Macradon

Taking his time, the blonde spearman strolled the darkened streets of Taft. There was plenty of new information from the previous meeting regarding the new up coming boss that Lawfer and his the Merry band of front-liners from the Knights of Bloodoath would soon be taking a part of. Making his way to the entry of the minor guildhall they had resurrected for just such occasions, the scarlet dragoon placed his hand on the door and pushed it open. As his hair was pulled forward by the current of wind that ripped through the hall, Lawfer stepped in, closed the door then brushed his long hair back over his shoulder. Looking around the planning table, he smirked and took his seat. "Hello everyone! Who is excited for this one? I know I'm not."

The wanderer hesitantly walked up to the front door of meeting hall. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to join in the meetings yet - being that he's only a recruit, but now is probably a good time as any. He hasn't heard of any other alchemists in KotB so they will probably need his potions. Slowly opening the door, the wanderer timidly steps in.

Upon entering, he's greeted with a fairly growing in size group of people from the guild. All of them seemed to be ...meh. "Uh... hi.." It isn't that he's scared to be here, he just feels out of place. Everyone there is clad in red, while the wanderer... clad in his white and greyish formal wear - complete with a greyish (suit) jacket that hung from his shoulders and a pair of Oxfords. For a gentleman can never go wrong with a pair of oxfords.

OOC: Alright, we need to knock out this thread for the SP and the Planning Table Bonus. Basically, we each need to post three times, so far I've gone twice and you've all gone once.

The red-headed man rapped his knuckles on the solid oak planning table several times to quite down the assembled Knights. Gesturing to the various seats around the table, he indicated that they should all take their seats. Since the group was small enough in size there was no need to bicker about the fact that a few non-officers and non-Council Members would be taking seats at the table this time. "Gather around, it's time to get down to business," the Vice Commander rumbled.

"As I'm sure you all have heard by now, we've painted a bit of a target on our backs with my declaration that PK will no longer be tolerated in Boss Raids. Assuming that Opal shows up, someone needs to keep an eye on her at all times. Where's Hirru, anyway? It seems like he would be the ideal person to do that. I'm not worried about Oikawa, I still think he was a pawn in Opal's game. We're going to have six people in the Raid, seven if Hirru decides he's going as well. Now, all things considered, normally I'd place half of you under Macradon's command for this sort of divided forces operation. But, that's not an option." Mack leaned back in his seat for a moment and made a show of considering Xion, Grave, and Seul in turn. Each of them had their merits and demerits and none of them had taken part in a Boss Raid before now. On the one hand Xion had been the second-in-command of the Crimson Blades when they had been an independent Guild, but he was also the lowest level of the three of them and would likely be fully occupied with helping to tank Leonidas.

"Seul will be in command of the Knights that are actually attacking Leonidas," Mack rumbled after a few seconds. "He's the highest leveled player among the potential four Knights that will be tackling the Boss. If you see a chance to take down the Boss, do NOT hesitate. Bring him down and get the last hit Bonus. Grave, you're the main support player for the Leonidas group, your healing needs to go to Knights first and then everyone else. Zandra can heal everyone, we look to our own first, and we look to Opal not at all. If she dies, she dies, she has chosen the path of a solo PKer. She is to be given no quarter, and that applies only to Opal," Mack growled, storm grey eyes flashing dangerously.

"I will lead the three Knights that are on Minion detail. Lawfer, if you need to heal anyone in that group of five then do so, but I don't think any of us will ever be in serious danger from the Spartans. Our mission is to wipe them out completely as quickly as possible, so we will completely ignore Leonidas until all of the Spartans have been dealt with, those bonuses are being granted for seemingly that exact purpose and it is our job, along with the other Immortals, to be the shield wall that protects them. Questions?"

I nodded in agreement when Mack appointed Seul the leader of the forward Knights; he was the highest level of us new Frontliners, so it was only ideal that he be in charge. I smirked slightly when we were given the green light to take down Leonidas if we had the chance. Mack appointed me as the support for the forward Knights attacking Leonidas, and I nodded, giving him a thumbs up. "You got it. Also, assuming he is not immune, my stuns may come in very handy." I added, making sure my dual use was noted. "Knights before randoms, got it." I responded with a chuckle. However, when Mack mentioned giving no help to Opal, I clenched my fist tightly. I wanted to retort, say that we should help her, that I knew the old Opal was somewhere inside her... but I would only be lying to both myself and the Knights. "As you wish..." I sighed, accepting that the woman I had once been friends with - no, thought I had been friends with was destroyed, and there was no hope of getting her back.

This was all above and beyond the understanding of the wanderer. As he tries to pay attention, there wasn't really much he could fully understand. He has been in a boss fight before, but never as organized as this. They're actually drilling out some tactics. The boss fight he joined in was just a group of people randomly placed in different groups. No, this one was a real tactical planning.

As the meeting went on, talks of splitting the raid occurred. From facing the main boss himself to dealing with 300 spartans. Then they even talked about support for both groups.

"Uh sir, speaking of support..." The wanderer still feels out of place, but even though he's not strong enough for the frontlines, he can still support them from them back. "I can manage to dish out potions and crystals, if you guys are still lacking. Teleport crystals, too, if you guys ran out." The wanderer's word were frail. Not only was he in the presence of a bunch of KotB knights, but Mack's presence alone dwarfed the wanderer's confidence. This is gonna take some time to get used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Nodding as the ginger man explained the coming raid to the others, Lawfer smirked. "I think we should be good with our high health, but if any of us get into danger then I will heal them." He responded as he brushed his long blonde hair over his shoulder. His attention was diverted to the new recruit, he was eager to help that was sure, but much like his previous self Rain was not in a position to join the raid just yet.

"Rain, I like the enthusiasm, but i would recommend that you stay out of this battle until you get your next set of gear. We dont know how strong the 300 really are... but since there are 300 of them, I doubt that we will be able to pull all the aggro with just the tanks that we have. Meaning you may be caught in the fray, If there are 300 of them, and only twenty of us, then that means we will each probably be assaulted by 15 Spartans. So unless you have the mitigation to deal with them all, I would just hang back until the next one. Its nothing personal, I just dont want to see any of my comrades die." As he finished his statement, he looked around the room at the others, most present had pushed past the first tier into the second tier as of recent.

"That goes the same with everyone else, I would recommend that if you dont have the mitigation to deal with 15 Spartans then I would stay back on this one."

Macradon leaned back into his chair, listening to what Mack had to say and his strategies. It was quite certain that he had more knowledge of combat strategies than Macradon had, though Macradon was fully understanding the reasoning behind his decisions. Macradon nodded at what Mack said, even though it wasn't concerning him at all. Macradon knew what his job was, to destroy as many minions as possible. He had a lot of AOE skills with high power, though he wasn't sure if he were in need of that power at all, because of the status he would be given, which was also one of the reasons for Macradon to stay under Mack's command, rather than Macradon leading any of the other Knights, only because his job was just like Mack's job and therefore they both had to stay in the same group, instead of either of them turning on to Leonidas. 

"Eh...?" Before he knew it the meeting had been underway and during the briefing Mack had appointed him the leader of the new frontliners for this battle. It was true that he was at a higher level, but did that really make him fit to lead the others? He didn't know, but then again it wasn't like their group would be doing anything too crazy in the fight. If taking out the boss was their job that's what they would do. "Alright, that boss is as good as toast once we get at him. But 15 Spartans per person... Let's hope they don't hit too hard." He'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little uncertain about their odds. At least in regards to getting everyone out alive anyway. In terms of sheer numbers alone, they were severely outmatched. The immortals would be a huge help no doubt, but anyone that wasn't empowered by the special items seemed to be in for a tough fight. Would it still be considered a victory if everyone else get wiped out in the process? "Maybe we should all have teleport crystals on hand... You know, just in case things get too risky in there."

The wanderer quickly butts in at the drop of teleport crystals. He had thought of making more crystals for any up and coming bosses and now is a perfect time to promote them. "Uh... I-If I may add..." He still yet stumbled upon his words as the atmosphere of this hall was heavy. Especially with Mack presence, dominating over everyone. With all that pressure, however he kept pushing through. "I... I can make teleport crystals for those that need them." He finally found the confidence to speak properly, and not in a stumbling goofy manner where he was just at. He had just repeated himself, trying to endorse his merchandise, but this cause looks like it needed his support which he cannot completely give. "You can also get Teleport Crystal from merchants, too, like Baldur." Although he doesn't like advertising other shops, he can't do this alone. "Preferably, it's probably best to buy the crystals from merchants, as they don't craft them by hand, like us alchemists do. They just buy them with Col so it's less time to wait." He spoke too much, and probably out of turn, but some things needed to be said.

Macradon would sit back up on his seat, properly this time, and speak up "It sounds like a really good Idea to grab some Teleportation Crystals, like Seul said, if things happens to get dire. If we can stock up at least 1 Teleportation Crystal per Knight, I think House Blood Oath should be in good condition for now." he said. He would analyze what they had been going through and what was about to happen. "I'm not certain how much damage the Spartans will be capable of, but just as a precaution, those who tank, grab something that will enhance your mitigation" he pointed out. Tanks were good at tanking, but when something as fierce as the Spartans, something could go wrong, and Leonidas might be able to dish out some heavy damage "That is, if Leonidas or the others would have some heavy AOE attacks. When taking Calrex into this battle, I think we have a good set Tank" he said and would pause "But of course we will need more than just one tank, that's why I think it's wise to make sure our Knights wont fall". He would look over at the Highest Commander in the room, and then back to the others "Are people confident about their role in this battle ... this "war"?" he would ask out to the others.

Chuckling at Macradons comment, the blonde haired dragoon placed his hands on the planning table. "I think that as long as we go in there and handle our business we should all walk out fine. I have been powerleveling like crazy so that we can finish this battle as quickly as possible. I wish I would have picked up one more mod but in all i'm personally ready to make my appearance in my first boss raid." He commented as he raised his right hand, and entered his inventory. "We all need to be vigilant and make sure we watch each others backs. If anyone gets in danger, there is no harm in fleeing. We all need to make sure that we finish this quickly and efficiently." Pausing for a moment he shook his head. "I need to go gather a few of my orders from a few shops before we head out." Turning to Mack he smiled, "So commander, are we clear to dismiss this meeting or do you still have some words of wisdom for us?"

Mack sat quietly in his chair at the Vice Commander's place around the planning table that made up the rather humble guild hall for the Knights of the Blood Oath. Without saying much, the Vice Commander listened as each of the various Knights that would be taking part in the raid said their piece and chatted back and forth about the various plans and orders that they had received. "I want all of the Knights that are of the proper level and attired in the proper gear and consumables to be present for this raid. Given our announcement during the planning meeting about PK no longer being permitted and retribution being swift I think we need to have a good strong show of force. Based on what Takao had to say, and those that will already be there I believe that the danger to those under level thirty will be minimal," Mack rumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "If there's nothing else then yes, you're all dismissed."

Without a second thought, the wanderer quickly got on his feet and began to walk through the door. He didn't want to take notice, nor did he feel like he belonged in that meeting. He wasn't a frontliner nor was his level even close to tackling the floor boss. Why was he even in there first place? No one knows. Not even the wanderer himself. He just felt he had an obligation as an alchemist to show up and maybe take orders for the frontliner, but that was too late already. The deed is to be done not long from now and that barely gave the wanderer time. Time he didn't have to complete someone's orders. Perhaps another time then. This time, he knew what they will be needing. This time, he knew what's to be done. As he slowly pushed the door of the large hall, he looked back one last time at the meeting table. "One day, I'll be a frontliner." He quietly stepped out of the door without notice - hopefully and made his way back to the teleportation portal. "Time to go home."

Stealth Rating = 10 (Didn't really try to hide in shadows or stuff, just snuck out)

- Exits -

Edited by Rain

That was that then. The meeting was over and the knights were all left to make their own individual preparations for the battle ahead. He took a moment to glance at the others and admire just how far they had all come together. It was only a few months ago that the knights was a only tiny force and now they made up one of the largest guilds in all of Aincrad.  Still, time was of the essence now. This was going to be his first raid boss battle after all; he needed to make sure he was covered in all departments. With a wave to the others as he rose from his seat, Seul headed toward the guild hall's entrance and soon after was on the hunt for supplies.

[Seul leaves]

Macradon nodded as everything seemed fine and dandy. "Everything seems in order, then" he said and would push the Third in Command chair back and stand up "I'll be taking my leave" he said and would go away from the meeting as everything seemed done. He would think about everything, if he had all he needed or that he was in need of something else. He would shrug it off for now as he had been at multiple frontline clearings, and this was "just" another of them. As he was walking out the hall, away from the meeting room, Macradon spotted a peculiar figure. Something, no, someone he had seen before. Rain had tried to sneak out from the meeting. Macradon would shrug as he wasn't sure why he would sneak out and not just leave like any other normal person. 

ID: 62707
LD: 18+3=21, Rain spotted. 

--- Macradon Exits Thread ---

Edited by Macradon