Spirit Light Mod/Extra Skill

So before the Limbo fight I noticed Heathcliff had something in his stats called 'Spiritual Light' but it was later edited out. I decided to look it up and here's what I got:

2016-06-06.png

To be honest, it sounds like it'd be a really good mod for fighting spirit or an extra skill altogether... But I want to know how others would go about implementing it, if at all, and who knows maybe it'll get added. 

Edited by Seul

It would work well for Tanks that already have aggro to reduce accuracy of attacks against them.

Also, I just looked up the actual info on the skill, because I didn't remember the info you posted.

That info is actually from the SAO Wikia Role-Play, and none of it is canon. The only thing that is canon is that the skill exists as listed in the character sheets of several players in the Material Edition bonus info that came out. It is (Canonically) listed as a mod for Fighting Spirit (which is better translated as "kiai" which is that shout that martial artists do when they strike. It's supposed to be an expression of your chi/ki expelling with your effort - it's also a technique used in Kendo where the ferocity of your shout staggers/demoralizes your opponent).

I'm not sure what a better translation than "Spiritual Light" would be, but think of it this way. In anime, this what you see when the guys stands there and yells really loudly, and then suddenly becomes surrounded by his energy/chi/ki, what have you.

a0050919_1351774.jpg

uzhjblu2o04lsvhzslqu.jpg

@Baldur If that's the case I'd debate it'd be better suited for Howl than Fighting Spirit if it gets implemented as Howl is the one where you are screaming at the top of your lungs for attention! As a mod it could replace howl altogether much like Focused How I would suppose. Like a more utility-based version of Howl than directly aggro inducing. Probably slap a cooldown on it to compensate the effects. It would also give non-tank players more reason to invest in it.

totally am not biased to that suggestion because I plan to invest in howl only because I fancy my character as somewhat a berserker.

I mean, just throwing stuff out here without much of a thought, but I would imagine something like this.

"Howl" Is a "pull" ability. It makes things attack you, so that you don't have to go them. In MMO's this kind of ability lets you choose where to have the fight. Here, this would make it so that a Player generates hate on several mobs (though you could mod it to just be one I suppose), rather than attacking them (or rather than just attacking them, I suppose). It's sort of a "Hey you buffons!" And then the mobs look over and attack you.

"Fighting Spirit" would be a yell, yes, but it would have an effect. You're trying to suppress their morale with your own. Imagine two beasts gowling and barking and howling to show dominance. It's something similar. So, IMHO, this would be a debuff ability. You decrease their accuracy or damage or something. Their resolve to fight you is lessened because you've just intimidated them. You've shaken them, and put that little bit of doubt/fear of death into them.

"Spiritual Light" would be like... the manifestation of your passion, your energy to fight. It means you are PSYCHED! Perhaps this could be a short term bonus to EVA or MIT for the player. Perhaps it could be used as a penalty to accuracy for the one attacking you. This one is really hard to gauge in terms of SAO, because we never really get to see tanks do their thing. If I imagine a scenario, I imagine it the floor 75 boss fight. They are putting EVERYTHING they have into blocking those attacks and attacking. 

Just throwing out my 2 cents

I can get behind that, really, as if it were applied to Fighting Spirit as a mod, it could potentially make the skill appealing to non-tanks. That's really the crux of my entire argument, I think that those skills could be cool if morphed into whole new but similar functioning skills. This gives a player variety in their actions. A high leveled player could invest in the 'debuff' mod for their regular runs and fights, but remove the mod and be able to keep newbies from getting themselves killed when helping them. This is basically -needed- for something like Fighting Spirit if you ask me since it isn't exactly a toggle. It's a permanent aggro boost so far as I am aware.

As a whole I feel like we could use more support-skills and enhancements. The other day I was going to try and suggest an enhancement for your weapon that works with the Combat CD to lower an enemy's evasion or accuracy for one rotation.

I also agree it should be in fighting spirit. Slap on that CD and I think it'd be good to go. xD probably probably a -1 to ACC for one round of posts for duration would work for this. Given that is more on crowd control, it looks like it's more meant for a party kind of situation so one round of posts should enough of a duration. Uh... for cooldown... how about 4 rounds turns posts? somewhat spammable, but not too spammy.. thought?

I think 3 rounds is more than sufficient. If we get down to it, stuns take away -all- evasion as well as keep them from acting at the price of a few points extra energy, but don't have any RNG stuff behind it except the BD. For this, I feel like a decent CD roll on top of the BD roll to actually land the effect would be less of a worry than a stun. PLUS we have to spend SP on it after already spending 10 for Fighting Spirit. If anything I'd have it without a cooldown entirely if you ask me.

Unless you are suggesting the ability acts independently of the BD, in which case it being 4 turns is sensible to me But no more than 5 turns maximum, our +1 accuracy skill only takes 5 to trigger on command and costed zero SP!

My biggest problem with CD's right now are this.

1) Most combat lasts 1 - 2 rounds at most.
2) 3 posts out of combat refresh all energy

So most posts will be:

Post 1: Spawn and kill mobs
Post 2: Filler
Post 3: Filler
Post 4: Filler
Post 5: Spawn and kill mobs

repeat

So having a 3 round cooldown is meaningless, because it would be up every time you wanted to use it anyways. In boss fights, the only reason it would be useful is because the boss acts 3-5 times before the player can act again (which is a whole different round of problems I have :P)