Monthly Event Boss - Asterios (Discussion Thread)

What shall we do?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What shall we do?

• Reduce the posting timelimit from 48 hours to 24 hours.
    • Go ahead and get right into the combat.
    • Do both, reduce the time limit and get directly into combat.
    • Do neither and keep things exactly as they are.

Rather than starting a crazy large PM Chain, this seemed easiest.

I have two questions:

1. Shall we go ahead and, right now, trim the posting time limit from 48 Hours (2 Days) down to 24 Hours (1 Day)? It will speed things up.

2. Shall we go ahead and, right now, start the combat? I get that about half of the players haven't done their traveling post yet, but I feel like things are starting to drag.

An idea I'd LIKE to bring forth is 'instanced' event bosses if numbers get too high. Like have two seperate threads for the same fight but with different people. That will canonically be considered as one fight with all players present. It's not perfect but that's just my idea. Doesn't limit numbers but decreases wait times. There's the problem of only a limited number of tanks etc. It's not perfect.

To prevent discrepancies you could keep boss rolls consistent between instances instead of rerolling in both, or just ignore this part.

The main problem is obviously the killing blow bonus item in such situations.

That said I'mma vote 'both'. The 48 hour rule to me was best used for small groups while 24 hour like on past floor bosses is best for big groups IMO.

I agree that this has been slow, but I am actually kinda hyped that we have so many players for one event :). Looking on it now the time limit isn't that bad, this site manages it's event time very well compared to the last one I was in. With Takneil/Crimsa I have only been in a total of total, Lyrica and This current one. The last event I was in, took a year. Between only 6 players on that site. So while I did vote for both to happen, I want it to be known that right now this isn't the worst rut to be in for an event XD. 

Edited by Takneil

Once we have a simple majority, in terms of the people in the thread voting, then we will adopt whichever solution has the highest number of votes. You may vote once per account, so if you have multiple characters in the Event you may vote once with each of them.

Looks like a majority of the players in the Event Raid have spoken. Sometime tonight, I'll jump us into Combat.

Remember to attack your group's target, if you attack anything other than your group's designated target before your designated target has been eliminated your attack will be nullified.