[PP:F13] Madness... No. (Teayre, Baldur, Syn, Vyrtew)

Vyrtew walked quietly alongside Syn before slipping ahead of her for a second and jumping up. A scream. He turned spotting a mob. The health was much higher than he had expected. Gritting his teeth he darts in, dagger flicks forwards towards his strongest sword art taking effect as it slashes towards the mob. “Leave this one to me.” The white haired boy calls, “I’ll take it out.” A bead of sweat began to roll down his head as he started to and froing with the mob.

ID: 64191 BD: 6 (5 + 1 ACC) CD: 11 LD: 2 MD: 4 (5 - 1 EVA)
Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 5/9 Fad Edge (4 Energy) (3 * 4) = 12 DMG

Young Crazed Human: 51/52 13 MIT

Edited by Vyrtew
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He watched with amazement as the young girl managed to find a secret entrance to a dungeon they had pretty much been sitting on top of.

I really do need to work on upgrading my searching skill.

Baldur had moved to draw his sword when suddenly Vyrtew was attacking a mob. The boy was quick, Baldur would give him that. Turning to look around, Baldur saw another small group of mobs rushing them and activated his <<charge>> skill to lead into <<Hakku Senpu>>. The mobs here were toughing that he normally fought, so he had to pull out his most powerful AoE, but unfortunately it also almost entirely drained his energy.

When the mobs exploded into polygons, Baldur whipped the sword and performed his noto as he kept his eyes alert. Vyrtew was still fighting off his one mob, but he wanted to tackle that one on his own, and Baldur would allow him to as long as he didn’t put himself in danger.

[ID: 64187 BD: 4+3 (hit) LD: 17+3 (20)] Hakku Senpu = 12 (base) +2 (charge) +3 (food) = 17 x 8 = 136 - 25 MIT = 111 DMG

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 11/30 NRG - Gains 8 Mats & 200 Col
Aged Human: 0/100 25 MIT 

Edited by Baldur

The red head turned as Syn called out about a dungeon, nodding at her she watches Baldur takes point. A small smile came over herself but then a shout. “Vyrtew.” Turning the girl sees him fighting a mob on his own. His dagger cutting into the creature. Tutting she turns seeing four more humans coming towards them from inside the dungeon. Her eyes looked over the blue samurai. “Well he is meant to be the rear guard…” Without hesitating Teayre shot forwards her blade flying out and the back in as her sword art, the recognisable Iai activated. The technique cut through all four npcs instead of the usual one. Turning she looks at Baldur, “Help Vyrtew finish his mob up.”

ID: 64249 BD: 9 (5 + 4 ACC) [Batto AOE Activated] CD: 4 LD: 22 (20 + 2 LD) MD: 10

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 15/46 Iai (13 Energy Used) (15+4)*10 = 190 DMG

Aged Human: 0/100 25 MIT = 165 DMG x 4 [Stunned]

Loot:
4 x Materials
4 x Bonus Materials
4000 Col

Total Loot:
16 x Material
6000 Col

8/10 Mobs Killed

Edited by Teayre

Watching as the people around her began to fight Syn took a few deep breaths. She saw her brother engage one. Gritting her teeth the girl let out a gasp of frustration. “Vyrtew, keep it there.” She said before running in and hitting the young crazed human with her fist. A mighty slap sounding in the almost dead silence of the halls as her fist made contact with the jaw of the mob. “Your turn! Make it quick!” Syn jumped back watching as Teayre and Baldur both killed four opponents each with ease. “Someone help him! Clear the rest of this trash!”

ID: 64413 BD: 7 CD: 4 LD: 1 MD: 7

Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 5/9
Syn: 36/36 EN: 8/9 (Hit)
Young Crazed Human: 50/52 13 MIT1 DMG Dealth

Edited by Syn

“Syn… What the?” The boy asks as his sister darts in alongside him smacking the mob across the face. The mob turned facing the boy its free hand flexing. Vyrtew started to back up slowly standing against the wall he waves his hands in front of him. “No. No. No Syn No!” The blade came cutting down across his chest, his face, his neck, his arms, his legs. Again and again he was struck, his health bar ticking down exceedingly quickly the boys hand scrambled for his dagger. Looking down to the ground he found that he had dropped it. Gasping he feel to his knees. “Someone… Help.”

ID: 64444 BD: 5 (4 + 1 ACC) CD: 1 LD: 13 MD: 10 (Nat)

Vyrtew: 1/36 EN: 4/9 (1 Regen, 2 Used for missing) 35 DMG Dealth (33 Standard + 2 Crit)
Syn: 36/36 EN: 8/9
Young Crazed Human: 
50/52 13 MIT (Mob not floor level)

Edited by Vyrtew

"Chikushō!" Baldur cursed when in a single attack the mob almost dropped Vyrtew in a single blow.

"No more tanking for you!" Baldur's blade whirled in a series of blows faster than the eye could see as he executed <<Wa Shu>>. As his final blow came down from overhead, he split the creature in two and it shattered into a hundred polygons, the rainbow colored pixels disappearing into the air around them.

Keeping his blade at the ready, he made sure no more came near Syn and Vyrtew. "If you've got a healing item, now would be the time."

[ID# 64471 BD: 7] (hit) <<Wa Shu>> 17 x 5 = 85 DMG

Baldur: 120/120 EN: 7/30 (-5/+1)
Vyrtew: 1/36 EN: 4/9 
Syn: 36/36 EN: 8/9 
Young Crazed Human: 
0/52 13 MIT (Mob not floor level)

Edited by Baldur

Teayre heard some yelling from behind her, she glanced up at her HUD. The bar next to Vyrtew began to steadily deplete. Laughter, deep dark laughter began as the red haired girl turned. “Baldur, someone didn’t follow the rules.” The katana at her hip the red haired maiden flicked the tsuba so that part of the blade was exposed. “Do I need to teach you a lesson?” She said cocking her head to one side. “I wonder…” Suddenly the red head moved forwards her right hand drawing her blade. Her motion her path, it seemed to be taking her straight towards Baldur. A wild grin on her face as she flickered past him making a single strike along an aged human’s chest that had been sneaking up on them, but not before it managed to land a strike on her. “Next time Baldur, it’ll be you that dies. Now for the boss.”

ID: 64504 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 6 LD: 7 MD: 6

Teayre: 188/189 (39 DMG - 12 MIT = 27 - 36 from Flame Aura = 1 DMG) x 4 EN: 9/46

Zekkai (7 Energy Used, 1 Regen) (15+4)*7 = 133 DMG

Aged Human: 0/100 25 MIT

Loot:
1 x Material
Total Loot:
17 x Materials
6000 Col

9/10 Floor Strength monsters killed

Edited by Teayre
  • 2 weeks later...

Syn’s mouth dropped as she watched the crazed human she had punched begin to slash into Vyrtew. The girl let out a gasp, before falling to her knees screaming the same words over and over. “Vyrtew! TEAYRE HELP!” The white haired girl looked at her brother. His health bar almost depleting. Closing her eyes Syn swallowed. “Don’t you die on me Vyrtew. DON’T YOU DARE DIE!” She yells at him just as Baldur steps in. The girl staggered to her feet slowly, looking at the man in blue, then at Vyrtew.

Then at Teayre.

Her face was livid, Syn gulped as she threatened the man who had just saved her brother. She backed up against the wall. Her hands running along it. “T-Teayre… He just saved Vyrtew.” The girl whispered as the red head turned away from the group striking down another mob. Looking at her brother she knelt down offering a hand to him. “Are you okay?”

The flash of white crossed Vyrtew’s eyes as Baldur shot in front of him. Reaching out a hand the white haired boy grasped at the thin air before falling backwards. His eyes falling shut. A slithering voice reached the boy’s ears. The red head was threatening Baldur. Vyrtew’s eyes glaze over Teayre in horror as she threatens the man who had saved him. His sister suddenly appeared at his side, turning his head he nods in thanks. Slowly getting to his feet Vyrtew steps forwards. “Teayre, he saved me…” Swallowing he looks the girl in the eyes, “He saved me so why are you being like this?” Tears had begun to form in Vyrtew’s eyes, rolling down his cheeks. “I nearly died, yet he ­-SAVED- me.” Vyrtew called out to the red head his words pleading with her as he once again fell to his knees. Glancing up towards Baldur, Vyrtew opened his mouth before closing it. “I’m sorry.”

The look on Teayre's eyes sent a torrent of thoughts through Baldur's mind. Instantly, that look of murder from the red head made him fear for his life. He had been so careful all these years, why had he taken up with a random orange player on this floor? Maybe this really was the Teayre who murdered those frontliner's, players higher level than he, in cold blood. What, just because when he had run into Keith the orange player had been a good guy? Just because Oikawa was trustworthy, he let his guard down around this spitfire?

But there was more to it than that. On the ceiling was another undead human, but it was clinging to the ceiling of the tunnel like a spider, and Vyrtew still had almost no health left. Could he navigate fast enough? There was nothing he could do about Teayre, but if he managed to live through her blow but let Vyrtew die, he wouldn't forgive himself.

To the end.

Pushing off on his back leg Baldur charged in Teayre's direction. A one two jump step just like he used to do in basketball. He immediately <<charged>> but vertically. It was a strange way he had to trick the system, but it worked and it make his <<Zekkai>> sword art flip his character around in a way the system didn't quite know how to handle but turned the sword art into an areal attack.

The creature, carved up by the azure light of his sword art, fell to the ground before it shattered into polygons.

He whirled on Teayre, prepared to lecture her when he saw that she, too, had attacked a mob behind him.

"I don't like being threatened Teayre. I am going to watch their backs because that's what I do, not because you told me to, and certainly not because you threatened me to." Baldur still held his sword, but it was relaxed and off to the side in an non-threatening posture.

"So please pardon me if I don't buy the bravado when your first instinct is to attack an ally, instead of helping an injured friend. That tells me your pride is worth more to you than his life." His steel blue eyes sought hers out, and were completely unwavering.

"I will finish what we came here to do, but if you threaten me or either of them again, we're done. Understand?"

[ID: 65538 BD: 10(Crit!!) LD: 10+3 (13)] Zekkai = 12 (base) +2 (charge) +3 (food) +2 (Crit) = 19 x 7 = 133 - 25 MIT = 108 DMG

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 1/30 NRG - Gains 1 Mat

10/10 Floor Strength monsters killed

Edited by Baldur

Turning her head Teayre glared at the two younger players. “Shut it.” She mutters just as Baldur and herself both finished with their mobs. “Bravado?” The red head let out a laugh at the man in blue. “You really think this is a bravado? I’ve seen more than you could imagine.” The girl paused running a hand through her hair. Twirling it down to one side of her she smiles, “My pride? I don’t have pride. Anyone could die in a moment within this game. Myself. Calrex. Takao. Oikawa. Ssendom. Tristan.” Shaking her head she looks at the blue samurai. “No Baldur. You’ve got it wrong. Allies in this game? There’s very few of them. The beta players were all out for themselves and where did that get most of them?”

She paused. “Dead, killed at the hands of this game. Death if just a part of this game. My first instinct is to attack an ally?” The red head laughed. “You think I wanted to attack you? There would be no fun within that. Nothing for me to gain from it. At least not before the quest is complete.” Slowly stepping around Baldur, Teayre shrugged. “I can see what those two were saying. Though…” She adds quietly.

Opening her menu Teayre flicks through and selects a small badge. The pin on the back glistened in the flickering torch light as the silver contrasted the azure surface. “You deserve this.” The girl says tossing the item to the brunette before she says a few more words. “They spoke highly of you. Those two.” Turning she begins to walk away stopping before turning around the corner. “Welcome Baldur the Azure Chevalier.”

Syn watched as her brother rose to his feet and staggered in between the two higher level players before falling to his knees. “Teayre. Baldur. What’s going… What’s going on?” Syn shook her head almost in complete disbelief. Suddenly pixels were exploding around the white haired girl and she looked could only open her mouth in stunned silence. A small object glinted as it was flung towards Baldur. Her brow furrowed for a moment before the white haired girl shrugged. Helping her brother to his feet Syn whispered in his ear. “What’s going on?” A loud shout echoed through the dungeon reaching the white haired girl’s ears. “What was that?” Turning her head left and right she found that the darkness was beginning to settle some more. “I’m going to guess… That’s the boss.” Looking at Teayre, the girl holds her hand out expectantly. “Do you have any more shiny bits?” She asks bluntly.

He had been ignored. The red head telling him to shut it. His hand gripped around the hilt of his dagger even as his sister helped him to his feet. The boy clicked his neck rolling it from side to side across the back. Before running his hand through the silvery white hair. “I guess this is it…” He murmurs before stepping forwards. “If we can die at any time Teayre. THEN KILL ME NOW. Let me out of this game. LET ME OUT OF THIS HELL!”

The boy was breathing heavily in and out of his mouth. “Syn. I’m sorry.” His eyes flicked up for a brief moment looking at his health bar. “I’m only on three health, you wouldn’t even have to raise your finger to kill me. So what are you waiting for red?” Tears began to stream down his cheeks. “Baldur, whatever this… This woman does let her, this is my choice. Don’t seek to avenge me.” Swallowing he steps towards Teayre “Are you just going to run away?”

Baldur listened to the red haired child rant about death in this game, those people who had died, how he hadn't seen what she had seen, probably some of which had happened by her own hands if he was connecting the rumors now. How could he be so slow? This was the person who, out of no where supposedly, had slain two frontliners. Yet she was with Calrex and Oikawa? When she tossed him the badge for the Spectrum Coalition, Baldur wasn't sure how to react. Could he take this from her? Does this mean she was a part of it? What was it Oikawa had said about here? He had Calrex had only talked about her in passing.

Before he could respond, Syn was jumping at shadows and Vyrtew was begging Teayre to end him. He reached into his pouch and pulled out a pair of healing potions and handed them to Syn. "Make sure he drinks these."

He then did the last thing in the world that he wanted to do. He stepped between Teayre and Vyrtew and left his back exposed to Teayre.

"Calm down, friend. Sword Art Online or the 'real world' death can come to us all at any time. I have lost friends in this game, and I have lost friends in the real world. Death is light as a feather, duty is heavy as a mountain. Don't let this trial make you forget that killing yourself, killing anyone, affects more than you. Think of Syn, think of your friends and family back home. Think of how powerless they feel to help you, and the only thing that they can do is hope and pray that they can give you strength to see them again."

He spread his long arms wide. It was often easy to overlook, but Baldur was a big man, huge by Japanese standards.

"Take a deep breath. Calm down. Think this through. I will not stop someone from purusing their life their own way, but I will not stand idly by while an execution takes place before me either. So please, if you bare Syn, myself, or even Teayre any goodwill, do not tread this path."

He would need to have words with Teayre, but there would be time for that later. For now, he needed to get these people composed and through this ordeal alive.

The red head let out a sigh as Syn started to panic, turning her head the older girl scans the area that the other one had pointed to. Shaking her head Teayre looks down at the white haired girl only to see a shadow of a hand in the darkness. Glaring at the girl Teayre shakes her head before slapping her hand away. “Get real Syn.” The red head snapped. As she was about to move on an over dramatic teenager stepped in front of her. “Serio-” She began to speak as the Azure Chevalier stepped in front of her, just after a small chinking sound.

Placing a hand on Baldur's back Teayre begins to laugh. “Honestly, I'm not going to kill him it's not worth the stain on my sword...” The girl continued before pausing for a moment as a darker chuckle crossed her lips, “At least not yet.” Smiling sweetly she turned away, “Baldur. We do need to have a talk. Without the ears of annoying people around... Even if they have their uses.” A loud roar came through the dungeon for a second time. “You have my word that I won't touch Syn or Vyrtew until the quest is completely over.”

Nothing was being given to her, the red head in front of her just blew her off. Gnashing her teeth together Syn was about to open her mouth when the blue samurai placed some twinkling bottles in her hand. “Make sure he drinks these.” Was all that she could hear from the man before he stepped in between Teayre and Vyrtew's paths. She stood and stared at what was happening, were they all going to die? Inspecting the bottles in her hand Syn sees the red liquid inside rolling around. Even as Baldur stepped in front of her testosterone filled brother the young girl grabbed him and shoved the bottles into his hand. “Drink these. Don't argue.” She said directly. Leaning in she whispers into his ear. “If you ever do something that stupid again, I will personally kill you myself.” Taking a few steps back the girl looks around the small corridors that they were in.

As the boy stepped towards the red head, a blue figure interposed on his vision. Stopping suddenly he glares up at the man. “A deep breath? CALM DOWN?!” He started to shout, “You think it's that simple?!” Turning he found a couple of bottles being shoved into his hands. Before a voice whispered into his ear. “If you ever do something that stupid again, I will personally kill you myself.” His sister took a step back as he took a swig of the first potion. “Shut up Syn. You always do whatever you like, you never think of other. You're just a selfish, spoilt brat.” Huffing heavily the boy turns back to Baldur. “You don't understand.” Raising a finger he points at the departing figure of Teayre. “She's working us like a sweat shop. Making us make items for her. I regret that I ever left the safety of the Town of Beginnings...” The boy’s fists were clenched, his knuckles the same colour as his hair.

19/32 Health

Edited by Vyrtew

Baldur didn't like the way Teayre had phrased her promise, but he could do nothing at the moment other than take her for her word unless he wanted to teleport out of here, and that would leave the brother and sister behind. It did, however, buy time for Vyrtew to drink his health potions. Baldur was pleased to see that while he was talking back to his sister, at least he was doing what was asked.

His patience with the group, however, was growing thing. He could not imagine that this was someone that Calrex and Oikawa would want in the SC. For now, however, he would trust in his friends.

Looking back at Vyrtew, his eyes widened in surprise when the boy revealed that Teayre was forcing them to make items for her. He had heard of similar situations, but never one present directly to him this way.

"If that is true, then I will see that it is stopped. For now, lead by example and make sure you and your sister get out of here alive. Understand?"

Turning her head Teayre sees the three players in conversation. Sighing the girl continues round the corner, dust falling down around her as a thudding rings through the walls of the cavern three times. The girl grins, it was about to begin. Following the twisting passageway she sees an ornately carved door just ahead of her. Placing her hand on it the girl sighs. “Should I?” She stops for a moment. “No point, I’ll exhaust myself.” She mutters underneath her breath. “I’ve just about regened. For now and need to fight Tagas as well…” Glancing over her shoulder the red head spots that no one had followed her just yet. “Really? What the hell is taking them so long?” A sigh of exasperation escaped Teayre’s lips, turned around on her heel she begins to walk back down the corridor, her thumb pushing the hilt of the muramasa free. “I’ve found the dungeon boss room.”

Syn couldn't believe what she was seeing, much less what she was hearing. Her brother was yelling at her like he didn't care about her. Staggering back she raises her hands, tears starting to stream down her eyes, as she looks at her brother. Her eyes wide. “What? Vyrtew?” The white haired girl couldn't believe it. Her own brother was telling her to think of others. “Vyr...” She began to say in a whisper. Shaking her head she swallows, there's no point in trying. Especially not if Emblem might get hurt from it. “Maybe I just won't wait for him to be stupid...” The white haired girl looked over to see Teayre walking back saying she had found the boss room. Nodding Syn begins to walk towards the Crimson Maiden, her hand clenching. “Martial Arts... No I'll invest in that later, first things first is to grind some levels.” Letting out a heavy sigh Syn looks back to the group.