[PP:F13] Madness... No. (Teayre, Baldur, Syn, Vyrtew)

The man in front of him, Baldur. He tried to help him why? Vyrtew couldn't work it out. His face was puffed red from his explosion. How would he make this up to Syn? He gulped and turned to her as she began to speak, however she shook her head and turned around. “Syn! Grow up for crying out loud!” He calls after her.
Taking the second potion he takes a long draught from it. His health bar refilling rapidly. “I guess it's time for us to face the boss?” He asks Baldur smiling at the man. “Look. Can we... After this, can I?” He kept stuttering never quite saying what he wanted to say, looking up at the large player his eyes wide before shutting them. “Never mind... It's stupid.” Vyrtew said at the last moment. Before following his sister forwards, keeping a few paces behind her as he clutched his dagger close to his chest. Glaring up at Teayre as he past her.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur passively watched as everyone reacted around him. He would need to revise his opinion of all these people once they were out of here alive. For now, however, he was just trying not to get even more confused. Turning, he watched Teayre pace about like a predator that wanted to get loosed from it's cage. She was fury without a direction until they opened that door to the boss room.

The sooner this is over, the sooner we can get out of here alive.

Nodding more to himself than to anyone else, Baldur pushed forward up to the door, and then turned to look at Syn and Vyrtew.

"Follow my lead, keep a healthy distance, and focus on staying alive. Whatever is in there Teayre and I can handle easily and quickly."

Resting his hand on his katana, Baldur turned to face Teayre. "Whatever is in there, I doubt it can hold up to an alpha strike. If you drop it into the yellow or red range, I'll finish it off. If not, I'll come behind you with Iai to stun it for you to follow up. Sound good?"

((energy full restored))

Edited by Baldur

Teayre nodded at Baldur as he mentioned about dealing with it in three strikes. She chuckled, “We’re on the thirteenth floor Chevalier. Do you really think we’ll take it down in three strikes?” Shaking her head, “No it’ll take more than that. I’ll open up. Vyrtew and Syn will follow up and then you stun it. Got it?” She turned around the corner not even waiting for a reply. Pressing her hand against the door she pushed it open. A loud roar came from within. “So it’s time.”

As she opened the entrance to the boss room, a man stood in front of her several heads higher. A wicked curved blade held in his right hand, a ball of blue fire in his left. His skin was covered with ultramarine tattoos that throbbed with each heartbeat. He looked up raised a finger from his left hand and pointed it at Teayre. “Are you prepared to die?” His voice boomed out. The crimson maiden grinned as she let her charge take effect the boss wasted no time as well hurtling towards the girl. As her <<Charge>> skill and the sword art <<San Ge>> took effect Teayre found her body being sliced in several places. Grinning she landed back away from the entrance. “Are you?” She replied maintain eye contact as one of the bosses four health bars nearly faded completely away.

ID: 66274 BD: 11 (7 + 4 ACC) CD: 10 [Battle Healing Activated] LD: 19 MD: 9 (Nat) [+1 DMG]

San Ge Used, 12 Energy Consumed – (15 + 4) * 12 = 228 DMG

Demonic Cult Leader: 552/780
DMG: 91 base per hit.

[H:1] Teayre: 120/189 EN: 34/46 [91+1 = 92 DMG] – [12 MIT] |[189*0.06 = 11 Health Regen Battle Healing]
@Vyrtew : 36/36 EN: 9/9
Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9
Baldur:  120/120 EN: 30/30

Edited by Teayre

Looking at Baldur for a moment Vyrtew nods, before turning flicking his dagger out of his sheathe. As he followed the crimson maiden into the boss room the white haired boy held back slightly. The girl darted straight in her blade cutting the boss, but not before the blue veined man made his mark on the girl, she was nearly into the yellow zone as he watched her battle healing skill raise her health bar slightly. Sighing in frustration he watched as the girl led the boss away from them. Running over to behind his blade ready he lets his strongest sword art out cutting into the boss four times. Jumping back he looks at Baldur then at Syn before returning his eyes to the boss. “Guess I need to get stronger.” Turning to his sister he nods at her, “Your turn Syn. Go out there and stop being a crybaby for once in your life.”

D: 66275 BD: 6 (5+ 1 ACC) CD: 11 LD: 18 MD: 1

Fad Edge used. (3 * 4 = 12 DMG)

Demonic Cult Leader: 540/780 
DMG: 91 base per hit.

[H:1] Teayre: 120/189 EN: 34/46
[H:1] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 5/9

@Syn : 36/36 EN: 9/9
Baldur:  120/120 EN: 30/30

Edited by Vyrtew

The white haired girl entered the room dragging her feet, glancing back at her brother occasionally. The scowl on her face was clear, “I can’t just be pushed around by him anymore.” As the door in front of the group creaked open she looked in with interest as the room lit up revealing the fire coated hand of the man. She took a step back only to bumpy into the Samurai. “Baldur… I…” She shakes her head before frowning at Vyrtew. “He’s not worth it,” Turning she watches at the red head starts the fight. Fire and swords flying. The woman who had been helping her faced the boss away from the rest of the group. She watched as her white haired brother slipped behind the man letting his word art dig into him. Cutting the deep blue veins she sighs as almost no damage was done. As he returned she glared at him, “I’m not a crybaby.” She closes her fists tightly turning away.

Demonic Cult Leader: 540/780 

[H:1] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 5/9

[H:0]Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9
[H:0]Baldur:  120/120 EN: 30/30

Baldur waited only a heartbeat as Teayre and the others attacked before running in and unleashing his own attack combo. Pausing only for a moment to execute his <<Charge>> <<Iai>> combo attack. The target was a giant cult leader, standing many times Baldur's own already considerable size, and with a wicked looking sword in one hand, while he blasted Teayre with fire from the other. That wasn't quite the alpha strike he would have coordinated, but Teayre was senior to Baldur by several levels.

As a streak of blue and orange, Baldur surged in the direction of the cult leader, his katana exploding with blue light as the blade was draw from saya, the furious charge closed the distance between the door in and the boss in a heartbeat as the Azure Chevalier drew a line from one point to the other, bisecting the boss with his powerful strike. Skidding to a stop behind the boss, Baldur slammed his blade into the ground to spin himself to a stop behind the boss as Teayre turned it away from the other two. It would have been better for Vyrtew to stun the boss if he had the chance since his damage was almost insignificant to a boss this powerful, but they were in the midst of combat now and they would deal with it as they could.

For now, it was stunned and if Teayre and he could hit the boss again as they just had, then it should fall. They had already done over half of it's health in damage - his alpha strike theory was dead on, and should minimize the thread to Syn and Vyrtew. Baldur just wanted to make sure everyone got out of here alive.

[ID# 66303 BD: 8+3 (hit)] <<Iai>> 12+2+6 = 20 x10 = 200]

Demonic Cult Leader: 340/780 (stunned)

[H:0]Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9
[H:1]Baldur:  120/120 EN: 17/30

Edited by Baldur

Sighing as her white haired party members followed up on her attack she watched as the man with the blue veined tattoo’s took several strikes. Before he turned around smiling at the boy. The blade raising high up about to strike down when the man in blue whipped past his sword coming out of its sheathe in one smooth move. “Iai.” Teayre mutters. The man in front of her. He knew his katana. He knew his arts. The Azure Chevalier. Smiling in approval Teayre flexes her hand as she lets her next sword art loose. <<San Ge>>. Six times the blade struck each one cutting deep into the man before her. Her opponent seemed to surge with fire as the red head hit him. As the blue flames covered him he staggered backwards, his hand raised convening the fire in his left hand before running it along his sword. As he knelt onto one knee the stun taking effect. “Vyrtew.” Teayre called as her battle healing activated restoring some more of her health.

ID: 66308 BD: 9 (5 + 4 ACC) CD: 10 (Battle Healing Activated) LD: 11 (9 + 2 LD) MD: 9

San Ge Used: 15 * 12 = 180 DMG

Demonic Cult Leader: 160/780 (stunned)

[H:2] Teayre: 131/189 EN: 23/46 (11 Health Regened, (1 Energy Regened, 12 Energy Used.)

[H:0] Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9
[H:1] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 17/30

Edited by Teayre

Shrugging at his sister’s comments Vyrtew sighs. “I’ll deal with you later Syn. Just grow up for now… Or at least try to.” He snapped, his voice sharp. “This is a boss fight and she’s just mucking about.” Looking at her momentarily as Baldur rushes past him the boy turns to watch what the samurai would do. A single strike, causing a strangled cry of pain from the boss. Teayre followed that up with a series of strikes of her own. “My turn.” The boy whispers before running in his dagger flashing as he made another four cuts dealing minimal damage to the boss. “Damnit. Syn are you going to be useful?” He says as he returns to where his sister is waiting. Glaring at her again he turns and sits down resting his back against the wall, the rest of his energy virtually depleted. “Baldur, hope you can finish it.” He mumbles

ID: 66310 BD: 8 (7 + 1 ACC) CD: 5 LD: 14 MD: 12

Fad Edge used 4 x 3 = 12 DMG

Demonic Cult Leader: 148/780 (stunned)

[H:2] Teayre: 131/189 EN: 23/46
[H:1] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 2/9 (1 Regen, 4 used)

[H:0] Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9
[H:1] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 17/30

Edited by Vyrtew

The brunette man with his blue outfit stepped past Syn quickly slicing the boss with a single attack. The white haired girl’s eyes went big for a moment before she narrowed them again, glaring at her brother. Teayre followed Baldur’s attack her red hair whistling as she continued to repeatedly strike him. The health bar whittling down. The girl glanced over at her brother huffing for a moment as she watched him dart in. His anger turned on her and the white haired girl glowered. Taking a deep breath before she finally snapped.

“USEFUL? VYRTEW? WHO THE HECK FOUND THIS DUNGEON IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE LEAST USEFUL HERE? YOU!” The girl’s chest was rising and falling in quick succession. “For the love of mom, get your face out of your butt.” Turning she looked at Baldur, “Just finish this quickly please, I can’t stand him.”

Edited by Syn

Baldur moved before the Cult leader had a chance to finish recovering form the stun. Assuming the stance required to activate <<Sinonome>> Baldur moved with lightning speed and precision, slicing through the still huddled form of the cult leader, each slash exposing more of the red mesh that built up its wire frame model.

He heard Syn yelling, but he let the arguments wash over him as inconsequential, all that remained was killing this boss, then the others could bicker about trivial things. As his blade ripped through the cult leader for the final time, Baldur spun away, ready to engage in case he didn't deal enough damage, but the Cult leader merely exploded into thousands of polygons.

Watching the pixel rain fall around them, Baldur sheathed his sword and turned to face the rest of the group. He was not pleased with their attitude and lack of discipline, but he would pull them out of this alive kicking and screaming if he had to. For now, he held his tongue in silence.

[ID# 66345 BD: 7+3 (hit) LD: 16+3=19 (2 Mat & Col x 5)] <<Sinonome>> 12 (base) + 6 (alcohol) = 18 x 9 = 162 DMG

Demonic Cult Leader: 148/780 (defeated)

[H:2] Teayre: 131/189 EN: 23/46
[H:2] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 2/9

[H:0] Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9
[H:1] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 9/30 (+1/-9)

Edited by Baldur

ID: 66371 LD: 8 (6 + 2 LD)

Sheathing her blade as the boss bursts into pixels Teayre looks over to the bickering brats. Slowly walking over to them the crimson maiden cuffs them both around the back of the head. “The pair of you. Cut it out now.” She said her voice firm. “We’re on the thirteenth floor, if you both don’t sort it out right this second, I’ll leave you two hear and take Baldur with me. At least you’d have a shot a survival then.” She glanced up and caught sight of the samurai’s jaw shifting slightly. “Baldur, I’m sorry about earlier. However this isn’t the place to discuss it.” She grinned, “Let’s keep going.” Leaving the dungeon with her party the girl begins to look around trying to spot the chapel that Tagas was supposedly hiding out in. Gritting her teeth as she was unable to see any such building even in the graveyard she was stood in. “Damnit.”

Edited by Teayre

His sister began to rip into him. Her voice shrieking in his ears. “Face out of my butt?” The boy gripped his dagger tightly. “You have no idea what I do for you Syn?” His nostril's flared. “I get it. You just want to be dolled on by Emblem don't you? Let that blonde boy give you everything and then cut him off.” Vyrtew growled back. Suddenly his head was flung forwards. Turning he looks at Teayre. “That pair of you. Cut it out now.” “Cut what out?!” Vyrtew retorted before she continued. “Really? You'll just abandon us here? Right now?” The white haired boy goaded her as he spots a glistening from the corner of his eye. Baldur had slain the boss. Turning he looks at the man, his lips thin. “What?” Vyrtew challenges him, “We're safe. We aren't dead. So why can't we discuss things?”

The boss had burst into pixels as Baldur had ignored her and killed the boss. Almost as if it was in slow motion the girl watched as the crystallized computer fragments dropped down around, settling on the ground. Turning she looked at her brother, just as she was hit in the head with a hand. “Teayre, what the?” The crimson maiden in front of her had admonished Syn for bickering with her brother. Bowing her head slightly, the teen could feel her ears starting to burn. “But?” She began before letting out a sigh. “You're right.” She says as Teayre begins to walk away. Following closely she watches Teayre walk around trying to spot something before cursing. “I guess she's looking for the chapel.”A gnarled tree was in her path, walking around it she spots a building in the distance. “Is that?” Syn mutters, nodding before running back to Teayre. “I've found the chapel.”

ID: 66416 LD: 26 (19 + 7LD) - CHAPEL FOUND

Edited by Syn

Baldur takes a deep breath at Vyrtew's attitude. At least Syn seemed to realize where she was wrong, and was setting herself on the right path as she shut up and followed after Teayre towards the chapel. Mentally, Baldur was doing everything he could to shut down all the sarcastic and passive aggressive comments he wanted to make to Vyrtew, as well as resisting the urge to grab both of them by the ears and haul them through the rest of the dungeon. Instead, he turned towards the direction that Syn had pointed. It took him a minute, but he found what she was pointing at.

"Vyrtew, this is not a safe area. If we linger, the mobs that we defeated will respawn. For now, let's focus on the quest at hand, and you two can talk it out to your delight in the safe zone."

His voice was carefully measured, he kept his annoyance out of his voice, but it still lacked the normal carefree attitude that Baldur had originally had. It was obvious he was keeping himself calm and cool and trying not to let any of what he really thought escape. Without waiting for Vyrtew to pick a fight, or even if he did, Baldur walked off in the direction of Teayre and Syn. He would get them out of this place, but his current head-space he added the caveat that they needed to keep up.

"Can you go over the strategy for this boss again? We wanted to let him become corrupted before we take him down, correct?"

The complaints from Vyrtew fell on death ears. The red head looked over at Syn as she mentioned about the chapel. Nodding at her she mutters thanks to the girl. The samurai in blue addresses the red head and she inclines her head. “Our strategy, is rest up for now we know where the chapel is.” Sitting down Teayre takes some water out of her hip flask and takes a long swig of it. “We need to be at full energy once we are inside. There’s no respite.” The maiden continued after wetting her mouth. “There will be two corrupted mage knights. These need to be killed as quickly as possible. I spoke to an info broker.” Teayre paused for a moment chuckling, “The one with the whiskers. There are two Corrupted Mage-Knight’s for us to deal with first. Then once they are both dead Tagas will spawn and attack straight away.” Her eyes meeting the chevalier’s, “What do you think the best strategy would be?”

Vyrtew had made it up finally with Baldur, the cool and calm voice sending a shiver down his spine. “Whatever.” The white haired teen says to the man, as he settles down next to the door to the chapel. “So just kill, kill and kill right?” Laughing the boy kicks a bit of wood that lay on the floor in the graveyard that they had decided to convene in. “Honestly, I don’t get what is so hard about this.” He kept going on. “It’s not like anything can touch us.” He chuckled before twirling his dagger. “I say we charge in now and kill it before it wakes up." His voice was taunting again. “Come on just react. Try and kill me. I don’t care if I’m a much lower level than you. I won’t give up.” He scowled at Teayre watching her movement waiting for her to make the first move. He wanted to the fight. He was ready.

Syn combed her hair with her fingers as she listened to the conversation going on, rolling her eyes at her brother’s suggestion. Before either Baldur or Teayre had a chance to say anything she had jumped in. “Don’t you listen Vyrtew. We want to let him become corrupted before we kill him for more experience. In order to do that, dispatching the guards first would be best.” The girl swallows before looking at Teayre, “S-sorry I don’t mean to be jumping in.” Turning she glares at her brother again, “In reality if either you or I were to get hit Vyrtew, we’d both die in one shot. Teayre and Baldur need to take the Mage Knight things out in the first attack, so we have the best chance of taking down Tagas. After that.” Pausing she glances over to Baldur. “Either Teayre or Baldur would need to tank the boss till he corrupts.”

Baldur took what Teayre said of the fight and thought on it for a minute. Two corrupted mage knights, and then Tagas the fallen angel, who they would net to watch be corrupted before they could engage him. He didn't like that, but if it's what gave the best reward, Baldur would just remind himself that technically he was trapped in a death game, these were NPCs, and he needed to do this to help several thousand people emerge alive to their waiting and hopeful families.

That really put things back into perspective.

"With a protracted fight, I'm always worried about two things. Energy, and AoE." Baldur held up one, then another finger.

"If I could use an AoE stun attack and still have energy enough to defeat a potentially high HP boss, I'd use it, but that's too much of my power pool. Even if we both use Iai on the Mage Knights, then we're at a disadvantage on the boss. So ideally, you could use your smallest AoE to take out the two Mage Knights leaving me at full HP to help engage the boss, who we need to kill within the duration of my stun..."

Baldur tapped his chin in thought.

"Problem is, if you miss your AoE on the Mage Knight, and I can't AoE stun, then there's the chance they use an AoE and kill Syn an Vyrtew." He turns to look at the two kids. "Do you two have Safeguard Potions?"

He then turned back to Teayre.

"When it comes to the angel itself, we'll have a turn or two to regen energy, so I have the option of using a recovery food from my inventory." Baldur summoned it now and made the arrangements. "You should open with San Ge, since you have high damage and you'll be down energy from the AoE. Vyrtew should follow you up with a stun attack. Should he miss, I can switch from San Ge into Iai so that Tagas won't get a chance to AoE. Then you and I just have to finish him off the following turn to minimize the chance of the boss using an AoE attack. Which again, means Vyrtew and Syn need Safeguard potions."

The red head looks at Vyrtew and begins to laugh, “You’re more than welcome to Vyrtew. Tell me what colour coffin would you like?” Shaking her head the girl’s ears twitch as Syn speaks. Nodding along to the girl’s plan Teayre smiles. “So you’re not just a pretty face and a magpie then Syn?” Turning to Baldur, she nodded. “I get your point however,” Teayre mimicked him with holding up a single finger. “Battojutsu” she raised a second one, “I don’t miss. If those two die. Then well, it’s a shame but they should have been better prepared.” Drumming her fingers on the hilt of the Muramasa Teayre nods. “Although if I remember rightly there’s a single safeguard potion that we have. Syn you drink it.”  Teayre says with authority, “Considering your brother seems to have a death wish.” Looking at the blue samurai she grins.  “There’s three ways of doing this quest Baldur. First way is to save Tagas, but you need to first aid skill. Second is to kill him out right. That one doesn’t give much in the way of rewards. Last one is to kill him at full corruption.”

His sister, she copied what used to be one of his habits. As he was about to retort she cut him off. “Seriously?” He says to her. Narrowing his eyes the boy glares at his sister. “As usual you’re being a know it all Syn. Shut up, no-one cares.” Turning he looks at Baldur, about to put his foot in it when Teayre asks a very straight up question. “What colour coffin would you like?” The white haired boys jaw drops. “C-coffin?” He asks looking at the red head confused. “Why would I want a coffin?” he replies, falling silent for a second as he ponders the question. “Purple. It’s the best color there is.” Vyrtew states. “Although what will we do if you -do- miss Teayre? I mean you’re not perfect. There is the chance that you won’t hit.” Smirking he glances at the party members around him. “Not one of them is any good really.”