[PP:F13] Madness... No. (Teayre, Baldur, Syn, Vyrtew)

Shut up, no-one cares.” Those words echoed in the young girl's head. “No... One... Cares...” Syn mutters quietly stumbling back away from Vyrtew. “He's lying... He's got to be.” Her eyes went wide as she started to take short breaths, curling up into a ball the white haired girl began to rock. “No-one cares. No-one cares.” she muttered over and over again. Her legs started to have water leaking down from her knees. “W-what did I do wrong?” She asks quietly, her face a complete mess. Looking towards Baldur and then at Teayre she sighs. “I guess I shouldn't even be here... With high levels what can I do?” Her mouth began to move, “S-sorry... I guess I shouldn't be here... You're having to help me way more than what is needed... I'm sorry.” Her voice faded as she stood, slowly. Quivering the white haired girl began to walk towards the chapel that housed Tagas, drinking the safeguard potion that had been given to her.

- Safeguard Potion Consumed

Edited by Syn
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur caught the hand of the white haired girl and pulled her back to the rest of them. The three of them were all getting on his last nerve.

"Both of you." Baldur said to Vyrtew and Syn, "Shut up."

He then trained his eyes back onto Teayre, meeting the girl's red eyes with his own blue ones.

"I am not walking into a fight and leaving them to the mercy of whatever happens, happens strategy. I won't do it. So either we walk them to the safe zone, we give them teleport crystals to go home, or we give them safeguard potions and we drag them, alive, out of this quest. I refuse to gamble needlessly with someone's life."

The last sentence, he said while looking from Vyrtew to Syn. As much as Vyrtew was getting on his nerves, he understood that the near death experience had rattled the boy more than he was capable of coping with, and that Syn's entire perception of the world was centered around her brother. This was a mess, and the best he could hope for was to get everyone through this alive.

Teayre met Baldur’s gaze with her own piercing blood red eyes. “Baldur.” She pauses for a moment, “I’ve already said that Syn is taking the Safeguard potion. If you look at her status effects you’ll see it there.” Pausing the red head fished a small blue crystal out from her pouch. Throwing it over to Vyrtew. “There’s a teleport crystal for the one who seems determined to kill himself.” Walking over to Baldur the red head leans in, whispering to the man. “Baldur, you don’t quite understand what the Spectrum Coalition means. You have my trust despite this being our first time meeting.” Taking a step she smiles at him. “If you’ll excuse me.”

With that the red head turned on her heel and walked straight to the chapel doors. Placing a hand on them she presses. As the huge oak doors creak open two Mage Knights could be seen surrounded with a purple glow. As her foot crosses the threshold to the chapel, Teayre breathes out letting her charge ability takes place and her concentration marking her aim. Shooting forwards her blade cutting across in front of her. Striking through the midriffs of both Mage Knights Teayre sheathes her blade. Taking a step back she watches as Tagas steps forwards breaking free of its constraints. “Baldur Switch in! Stun him.” The crimson maiden calls to the Azure Chevalier.

Spoiler

ID: 66578 BD: 9 (4 + 4 ACC + 1 Concentration) CD: 10 (Battle Healing Activated) LD: 17 (15 + 2 LD) MD: 1

Zekkai Used – (15+4)*7 = 133

(Tagas has fresh Hate)

[H:0] Teayre: 160/189 EN: 39/46 7 Energy Consumed [11 HP Regened]
[H:0] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 30/30

[H:0] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 9/9
[H:0] Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9 (Safeguarded)

Mage Knight 1: -3/115 (133DMG - 15 MIT = 118 DMG)
Mage Knight 2:
-3/115 (133DMG - 15 MIT = 118 DMG)

Tagas: 350/350

Mage Knight Stats:

HP: 115
Mitigation: 15
Energy: 20
DMG: 20
Sword Arts: Flaming Strike (1x4) 4 Energy (Will use with one target)

Flaming Cleave (1x2 AOE) 4 Energy (If more than one target)

Tagas Stats:

HP350
Damage per Attack: 75
Mitigation: 25
Special Effects: Will mend 30 HP on a CD of a 10+.

Full Corruption (If he goes full corruption, his health returns to full and his stats become the following)
HP: 650
Damage per Attack: 155

Mitigation: 65
Special Effects: Will blast all enemies for 30 damage that cannot be mitigated with a BD of a 10.

Edited by Teayre

He had her trust? What did that even mean? The problem wasn't her trusting him, it was the other way around. Baldur had no idea how he could trust her not to just kill him or Vyrtew, though the boy seemed to be in a rush to do that himself.

Focus. Do what you can, no more or less can be asked of you.

Taking a deep breath, Baldur stood as Teayre went to push open the door. Immediately darting inside she executed what appeared to be a zekkai that hit both of the Mage Knights.

That must be her unique skill.

It was an impressive feat, certainly very useful. As the <<Mage Knights>> died before they could even get to their scripted dialogue, the Fallen Angel Tagas descended, and two Necromancers in the background seemed to be charging him with negative energy. Rather than interreupting the ceremony further, they wanted to see the angel become correupted.

This isn't real.

Then Teayre's words pierced through his hesitation, and Baldur ran up to the angel. If what Teayre had said was true, the angel would regen his health when he became fully corrupted. The name of the game was to mitigate the risk to Syn and Vyrtew while conserving his energy. They didn't want to kill the angel yet, and any damage they did to him now would be undone.

That left Baldur only one thing to do.

He used a level 1 sword art.

"Ukifune!" Baldur called out so that Teayre knew what he was doing. The sword art would do the minimum damage to Tagas, but he would be stunned just the same.

[ID# 66597 BD: 8+3 CD: 2] <<Unikune>> 20x1 = 20 - 25 = 1 Minimum damage + stun

[H:0] Teayre: 160/189 EN: 39/46
[H:1] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 26/30
[H:0] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 9/9 

Tagas: HP 349/350 | 75 DMG | 25 MIT (Stunned)

His sister was in tears, Vyrtew couldn’t control the twitching of his lips as it brought a smile to his lips. “Really Baldur? You refuse to gamble needlessly with life?”  Vyrtew ran a hand through his hair for a moment, “Life is all about gambles. All about risk. Even at thirteen I know that.” He called to the man. A flash of blue caught his eye and Vyrtew raised a hand catching the teleport crystal that Teayre had thrown at him. “What?” Glaring at the red head he was about to chase after her when he stopped raising the crystal he activates it shouting the following. “Teleport, Angel’s-“ Stopping mid-sentence Vyrtew cancels the activation of the crystal. “As if I’m just going to run away! You’d like that wouldn’t you… Proving I’m weak, proving I’m not Worthing anything.” Gritting his teeth the boy runs in towards Tagas his dagger at his side he goes to slam it into the angel’s throat however he trips up over one of the pews.

Spoiler

ID: 66649 BD: 4 (3 + 1 ACC) CD: 3 LD: 18 MD: 3

Missed 2 Energy Gone

[H:0] Teayre: 160/189 EN: 39/46
[H:0] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 7/9 

Tagas: HP 349/350 | 75 DMG | 25 MIT (Stunned)

Edited by Vyrtew

Syn still had tears streaming down her face when a hand grasped on hers and yanked her back to the main group. “W-what?” She said looking up at Baldur, only for a moment as she watched Teayre disappear and dispatch the two mage knights she had been about to walk into.  As she staggered backwards from the force of the pull she watched as the man who had pulled her back made his move. The katana cutting through Tagas, dealing minimal damage to him. “Baldur…” She mutters falling to her knees yet again.

“I need to be stronger than this.” Syn says to herself, her black trench coat around her as she tightly clenched her fists. “I need to get stronger.” The white haired girl repeated louder this time. Slowly she stood up, looking over to her brother she saw the twitching of his lips, before he charged in himself. “What an idiot.” Syn thought.

Edited by Syn

Teayre’s eyes trailed on Baldur as he took several seconds to react to her words. Smiling to herself, her eyes washed over the twins as they did their respective things. “Vyrtew.” The red head mutters quietly, anger clear in her voice. “If only Baldur hadn’t said something about getting them out alive.” Shaking her head, Teayre runs in to attack Tagas. However rather than activating one of her Katana sword arts. She decides to activate her unique proper. The blade glowing a brilliant white as the sword art takes hold pulling the crimson maiden forward. “Anguish.” The red head says as her blade cuts horizontally across Tagas for minimal damage. Looking over at Baldur she nods at him, “You’re up.” Resting the blunt side of the muramasa on her shoulder she turns and grins at the angel. “You’re not so tough, are you really.” Her eyes narrowed as she spotted the muscles of the mythical creature beginning to bulge and flex. Jumping back Teayre prepared for the iminant attack.

Spoiler

ID: 66656 BD: 10 (8 + 4 ACC) CD: 7 LD: 19 (17 + 2 LD) MD: 7

Anguish Used (15 * 2) = 30 DMG (2 Energy)

[H:1] Teayre: 160/189 EN: 37/46

Tagas: HP 344/350 | 75 DMG | 25 MIT (Stunned) 5 DMG dealt

Edited by Teayre
  • 2 weeks later...

Baldur hated this phase of the fight. They had to let the boss have his way with them and just hope that he didn't do anything stupid like AoE them in order to keep Vyrtew alive. Now that his stun had worn off, they would do battle for a few more seconds before the boss would transform into his corrupted form and they could actually battle him with the intent to kill him.

"Ha! Keep your eyes on me!"

"Kill me... please..." the Angel begged while it lashed at Baldur with it's blade.

"I can't... control... my actions!" The angel begged them as they fought. Baldur batted the blade aside, and with a gaze heavy full of remorse, he struck the angel with his weakest sword art. I'm sorry. He said mentally. He was doing this for the noblest cause, saving lives, and while this NPC was merely scripted, he couldn't help but feel empathy for the character. It was part of the reason he could never bring himself to play the bad guy in video games. He was just too much of an empath.

"Save my soul... before they corrupt me!"

Those words landed heavy on Baldur's heart. Wasn't that what everyone here was truely after? The game seemed to have a corrupting influence, as they all slowly began to think of each other's lives as lesser, and allowed them to do more and more horrible things. They were losing their humanity in here, and they needed to get out of this game before it was too late, before it had corrupted their very souls.

[ID# 67360 BD: 6+3 (hit) MD: 3 (miss)] Han'ei 20x2 = 40 DMG - 25 MIT = 15 Dealt

[H:1] @Teayre: 160/189 EN: 37/46
[H:2] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 25/30 (-2/+1 EN)

Tagas: HP 329/350 | 75 DMG | 25 MIT 

Teayre’s eyes glazed over Vyrtew and Syn as they stood there, not reacting to Tagas. It was almost as if they were phased out. The red head closed her eyes for several moments taking a few deep breaths as her battle healing skill activated. “There’s no point me attacking just yet.” She states sitting down on one of the pews in the overgrown church. The blood red drapes that hung covering the stained glass windows shifted slightly. The crimson maiden’s eyes flicked to them, as a trickle of light came through. Her own eyes reflected the light making it appear as if they were on fire. “As soon as he corrupts I’ll strike Bal. We’ll take him down quick and ditch these two.” Her lips began to twitch at the corners. “Soon. It won’t be long now.” Taking another breath in Teayre holds it for several seconds before exhaling. “Need to stay calm.” She mutters before nodding, her entire attention focused on Tagas.

ID:  67832 BD: 8 CD: 12 [Battle Healing Activated] LD: 16 MD: 3

No Action Taken

[H:1] Teayre: 171/189 +11 HP EN: 37/46
[H:2] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 25/30 (-2/+1 EN)

Tagas: HP 329/350 | 75 DMG | 25 MIT  

Edited by Teayre

With pain in his eyes, Baldur watched as the angel suddenly clutched at his chest, crying out with an all too realistic, heartrending pain.

"Whyyy... .why would you let them do this to meeee...?!"

Suddenly the angel collapsed, appearing as if dead, when suddenly a shadowy version of itself rose up from the body, causing the old one to disappear in ash on the floor. The new form was almost identical to the old, but where the old was light and life being corrupted, this was fire and darkness made life.

"Now, human tribe, you will feel the terror of my blade as it tears you apart!" Dark fire suddenly slide down the length of the corrupted angel's blade as it stepped forward and struck down at Baldur and Teayre, narrowly missing them but leaving a dark gash in the stone floor of the cathedral.

"Alright Teayre, I'll follow your lead! Syn, Vyrtew, stay back!"

Baldur held his sword, ready for Teayre to step forward and take the lead on this boss fight.

Tagas Roll ID# 67885 BD: 2 (miss) CD: 1

[H:0] Teayre: 171/189 HP EN: 37/46
[H:0] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 26/30 (no action taken)
[H:0] Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9 (Safeguard)

Tagas The Corrupted: HP 650/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT  

The white haired boy gave a small growl of frustration. His sister had fallen to her knees. He glanced down at her shaking his head, a small tut coming from his lips. The red head who had brought them along made the next move. She did a basic attack to Tagas, enough to inflict a small amount of damage. His head gripped around his dagger, slipping slightly. “Come on Vyrtew.” He commands himself. His legs begin to wobble for a moment. “Is this it then?” His eyes wide with horror as he watched the two higher level players simple wait for the boss to corrupt. “Teayre. Baldur.” Vyrtew managed to say. Turning his head to the side facing the floor. “They can’t be trusted. Adults never can.” Letting out a quick huff, he jumps past them slashing Tagas across the chest with his dagger. The armour that the courrupted angel was wearing was almost too much for the teen to break through however he managed it. Just.

ID: 67897 BD: 6 CD: 7  LD: 15

[H:0] Teayre: 171/189 HP EN: 37/46
[H:1] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 7/9 

Tagas The Corrupted: HP 649/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT 

Edited by Vyrtew

Syn couldn’t do anything from where she was on the floor. She glanced around at the players, they darted back and forth against their target picking at him. Pulling at his healt. Waiting. Waiting for him to corrupt. Waiting for the more oppourtune moment to strike him down. The girl wasn’t having any of it. “Stop!” She cries out as Tagas. The angel they had come here to defeat turn completely corrupt. “Why?” Was all the young teen could ask. She was shaking as the shackles that had been holding the person in front of them burst. “He can’t be…” Syn says with disbelief coating every word. Her eyes met Tagas’ the feral rage inside them flared up. She took a couple of steps back. “He’s really…. Gone.” The words fell off her tongue the girl didn’t want to accept what had happenned however she didn’t have much choice. “I guess… He dies then.”

Teayre watched as Tagas began to emerg fully corrupted in front of her. The crimson eyes were like steel as she watches the mob scream in agony before… Before he was born anew. She looked down at the blade that struck down to their left. “Really? You’re going to terrorise us with that?” Her eyes met Tagas. “Seriously bad NPCs…” Red eyes flicking up and down before she sighed and mumbled quietly. “They said dreams can come true. they forgot to mention that nightmares are dreams to.” The Muramasa brandished at her side Teayre lunges forward the sword art taking effect as she begins to hack and slash at the mob. After a short amount of time she stopped in front of Tagas. Looking into his eyes. “You don’t know the meaning of fear. You have no concept of Terror.” Placing a hand on the angel’s chest Teayre shoves only to have to side step out of the way of a blade with a coat of dark flame coming sailing towards her. “Try HARDER!” The red head shouts at the NPC.

ID: 67899 BD: 11(7 + 4 ACC) CD: 10 (BH) LD: 5

San Ge Used: (15 + 4) * 12 = 228 DMG

[H:0] Teayre: 182/189 HP EN: 29/46 + 11 HP (1 Energy Regen, - 12 Energy)

Tagas The Corrupted: HP 486/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT (228-65) = 163 DMG

Edited by Teayre

Baldur cursed under his breath when he saw Vyrtew charge forward. The idiot really did have a death wish, but the best that Baldur could hope to do to save the kid was try to take aggro somehow. He watched at the massive flaming sword of the corrupted angel slashed down at the kid, but it seemed his erratic behavior was some kind of boon to him, as the AI wasn't able to predict his movements, and so the flaming weapon left another massive gash in the floor where Vyrtew might have been.

"Stun it Vyrtew! Use a stun attack, it doesn't matter how much or little damage you do!"

Baldur immediately prepared to <<Charge>> the mob, dropping down into his stance as becoming a blur of orange and blue as he streaked across the fallen cathedral and struck the boss with the most powerful blow Baldur could muster, but he wasn't able to successfully pull off a critical attack, and if Baldur had held back, they might not have had the energy to survive the fight.

Tagas The CorruptedHP 311/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT 
ID: 68245 BD: 2 (miss) CD: 3 Target: Vyrtew

ID: 68247 BD: 7 +3Acc = 10 (hit)
San Ge Used: 12 +2 +6 = 20 * 12 = 240 - 65 MIT = 175 HP

[H:1] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 15/30 (+1/-12)

[H:1] Teayre: 182/189 HP EN: 29/46 + 11 HP 

The white haired boy gritted his teeth as he looked at Tagas. The health plummeting as Teayre cut him, taunting the boss. Baldur kept his attack simple the blue samurai striking out slicing through. “I can’t keep up…” Then words reached the young teen’s ears.

"Stun it Vyrtew! Use a stun attack, it doesn't matter how much or little damage you do!"

Even after fire began to fall around him those words rang in his head. What was he to do? Listen to Baldur’s advice? Glancing down the white haired boy spots the teleport crystal in his hand. “If it doesn’t die after Baldur attacks then…” Swallowing he let his sword art activate. The small quick blade of his dagger digging into Tagas repeatedly. Hitting several vital spots that would stop the boss that, he, Syn, Baldur, and Teayre faced, from moving. If only Emblem was here… Perhaps they could have made him tank.

ID:  68760 BD: 10 (Nat) [+2 DMG] CD: 1 LD: 3 MD: 8

Armor Pierce used: 3 * 1 = 1 DMG

Tagas The CorruptedHP 310/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT 1 DMG Taken[Stunned]

[H:1] Baldur:  120/120 EN: 15/30
[H:1] Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 4/9 (+1/-4)

[H:1] Teayre: 182/189 HP EN: 29/46

Edited by Vyrtew

Her eyes flickered shut and open as a streak of dark flame came past her. Teayre’s coat flapping down narrowly avoiding the flame. Her mouth dropped, just how powerful was this girl. The red head, who had helped her. Shoving a boss as if it meant nothing? She didn’t know, what she did know was that Tagas was out of her league. As more dark fire began to regin down around Vyrtew. The quiet girl lets out a small whimper. “I need to do more.”  Clenching her fist as she watched the flaming red coat flicker as Teayre’s katana cut through Tagas, only to have Baldur’s blade follow it. “How?” She silently asks herself. Suddenly a strangled cry came from the side of the girl. “Vyrtew?” Syn said as she watched her brother, her twin doing what she could not. The boy charged in and stunned the boss. His dagger moving too quickly for her eyes to keep up.

Teayre let out a long breath after she was done shouting at the NPC. “What good will it really do me?” Taking a couple of steps back she watches as Baldur makes his move, but not before Tagas took a chance against Vyrtew. The floor charring as yet another strike was made, “Surely you can do better than that.” She tuts at the boss. “Those two have been nothing but trouble.” Her eyes flick from Vyrtew, to Syn and then to the Azure Chevalier. “Guess I can’t kill them yet, he gave them his word.”

Taking a slow breath Teayre sighs stepping forwards, preparing for her turn to attack. Vyrtew had just darted in, the boys steel dagger cutting into a couple of vital points on Tagas, causing the boss to remain still. “Huh. So you did something useful after all?” Teayre said nonchalantly her turn to attack came. The red head didn’t wait. Her blade starting to sing as she shot forwards, her blade came in from five different directions. North, South, East, West and straight in the centre. Twice. Each cut made contact with Tagas. The gleam from the muramasa seemingly singing. “Let’s finish this.” She says nodding at Baldur, “I’m done wasting my time.”

ID: 68762 BD: 11 (7+4 ACC) CD: 4 LD: 13 (11 + 2 LD) MD: 5

San Ge Used: 15 * 12 = 180 DMG

[H:0] Teayre: 182/189 HP EN: 18/46 (1 Energy Regen, - 12 Energy)
[H:0] 
Baldur:  120/120 EN: 15/30
[H:1] 
Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 4/9 
Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9 (Safeguard)

Tagas The Corrupted: HP 195/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT 180 (-65) = 115 DMG

Edited by Teayre

Baldur watched, and mentally cheered for Vyrtew as the young player was able to pull it together and rush in for an attack, stunning the boss. As his low rank sword art stunned the fallen angel, the monstrous dark form fell to one knee, a huge, suddering breath escaping it. Then Teayre capitalized on the opportunity and attacked with everything she had. They were doing it!

"Come on! We got this!"

But Baldur saw the state of his energy as he stepped into <<San Ge>>. This was it, his last hurrah. He might have enough energy for an attack that would surmount the mob's mitigation, but it wouldn't be much.

"Here I go!" Baldur shouted as the flurry of azure strikes flowed from his katana, biting into the now demonic creature. The HP continued to drop, but not enough. They would have to kill it before it got it's turn again.

"This is it, give it everything you've got! Teayre! Finish him!"

ID# 68766 BD: 4+3=7 (hit)
12+6=18x12= 216-65=151 DMG

[H:2] Teayre: 182/189 HP EN: 18/46 (1 Energy Regen, - 12 Energy)
[H:2] 
Baldur:  120/120 EN: 15/30
[H:3] 
Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 4/9 
Syn: 36/36 EN: 9/9 (Safeguard)

Tagas The Corrupted: HP 44/650 | 155 DMG | 65 MIT (No roll as it was stunned) Stun has worn off.

His sister had done nothing, he gripped his dagger tightly as he watched the crimson maiden make her attack, leaving the boss with just under a third of his health. The young teen kept has eyes trained watching Tagas as the creature he had become struggled again the effects of the stun. “I did something.” He felt a smirk come to his lips. However this didn’t last long and the words that Teayre spoke stung him. “Huh. So you did something useful after all?” Gulping he glared at her. “I will –kill- you.” His anger made his entire body shake. Baldur began shouting some positive words however the boy shrugged them off. Why should he listen? The man wasn’t someone he could trust, then again neither was Teayre. His hand tightened around the teleport crystal as he held it aloft shouting “TELEPORT ANGEL’S POINT!” The crystal broke as a bright blue light began to surround him.

Syn couldn’t believe it, both Baldur and Teayre were making progress against the boss. Her brother however had decided to abandon them. “Vyrtew!” The girl calls out to her twin, “What are you doing?” They had the boss on the run and he was fleeing? Why? “His own inferiority.” She caught her breath. Was Vyrtew really that shallow? Was he really that weak? Shaking her head the young girl looked at the two stronger players then back to her brother. The amount of damage he had dealt to the boss was negligible but, the boss had been stunned by him none the less. Reaching her hand out towards the blue pixels she attempts to grasp at the hair, the coat. At anything that was there. “Why?” She said, stopping letting her arms fall to her sides as she glared at the boy. Her caring, her passion of the boy turning to anger. As she continued to look at the spot she felt her anger. With Vyrtew running, she had shown that she was stronger than him, that she had power over him. She was victorious. Her chain that was her brother, gone. She was set free. Her Chains, broken.