PP-F5] The Gathering (Material RGQ)

Jonathan stood on Floor Five. It was very hot on this floor. He had never been on this floor, so he thought he would try it out. The breeze blew slightly, moving the sand just a bit. Jonathan stood. Jonathan looked at the quest log. There was a few. Blood in the Sand. Some others then one really caught Jonathan's eye. The Gathering huh? Interesting name for a quest. The quest required for him to find some materials and kill a mob. Jonathan sighed. Well, This would be fun. Jonathan returned back to the town to make sure He was all geared up. Sword, armor, Shield. Jonathan than thought. Well, I might as well invite Itzal, to make the experience a little more safe. He opened up his messenger and asked Itzal to meet him on the fifth floor at the teleport pad. 

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC- Velnia died btw.  This is so I can get a buff but I checked with Calrex and he agrees that since she's an npc she could respawn with everything besides the buff the exact same, except she forgot about Itzal completely, so she isn't with him in this thread :(

Itzal made his way over to the teleport pad, wondering how Jonathan had been lately.  Had he finished the quest?  Or had he managed to handle the situation on his own?  Either way it was Jonathan's decision whether or not he wanted to share.  Itzal was fine with that though.  Jonathan invited him to go on a unique quest he had never seen before and was curious about what it would be like.  He wasn't sure what the weather was like on floor five but whatever it was Niger Natio seemed weather resistant and it definitely helped in any sort of storm.  As he teleported to the fifth floor he wondered if Jonathan had made any progress in leveling.  When he appeared he saw Jonathan and smiled.

"Hey!  Thanks for inviting me!"  He approached to shake his friend's hand when he saw the shield on his back.  His smile grew wider.  "So you really are going full fledged tank are you?  Well congrats on the shield!"

Edited by Itzal

OOC WT Frick man.... I loved that dragon... XD

Jonathan watched as the teleport pad lit up a complete streak of blue. Itzal appeared out of thin air. Jonathan smiled as the Black haired boy walked over. Jonathan shook his hand as Itzal congratulated him on his shield. Jonathan grinned and said, "Yeah, The shield puts everything back together. Now I can take a hit, but the wrong hit and the enemy is going to feel some pain...." Now I invited you here to do some random quest that popped up. We have to find some materials and kill a mob or two.... I figured it would be a great oppurtunity to do some bonding or whatever.... As far as he knew, itzal only went and got materials, so this would probably be normal for him. If you find a material keep it. We only need to find like two though...

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal nodded as Jonathan told him about the quest.  Material gathering was simple but it would be a bit more lonely without Velnia.  Still he had Jonathan and that's what counted.  While Velnia was a good friend she was still an npc whereas Jonathan was a living breathing human player.  That and he could talk back.  When he heard about killing one or two mobs he became curious.

"Are they specific?  Like are they in a specific area and we have to track them down?  Or just any mob?  That kind of makes a difference.  Man I wish my clothes were finished already."  The last bit he said softly to himself.  His starter clothes finally hit the red zone in durability and he decided to wear Niger Natio at all times since he'd rather not have his clothes break on him in public.  He had ordered some clothes that he liked better and would help greatly in finding materials, but he had yet to hear from Ariel.  She was actually the one who made Niger Natio as well and he would recommend her to anyone really.

"Lets get started then!  Oh, by the way are you interested in getting a profession any time soon?"

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened closely as Itzal asked some questions about the quest. No, I don't believe it is a quest monster we are looking for, just some random ones...Jonathan then listened to Itzal ask about a profession. "I actually have a shop at the moment, I just opened it up so I don't have much. It is located at Nimbus on the Seventh floor..." Jonathan began to leave the town. They just had to find some materials, then kill a few monsters, then they had the rest of the day to just hang around. If anything happened, Jonathan would definitely be ready. 

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal followed Jonathan outside and smiled when he heard that his friend had opened a shop.

"Congratulations!  What kind of profession did you choose?"  Itzal wondered if he chose something common like smithing, alchemy or tailoring, or had gone a slightly different route like cooking, profession and such.  Actually, Itzal couldn't think of any shop that was run by a preformer.  He kept his eyes peeled for any materials to finish the quest with.  He also looked for anything he or Xion could use as well, since he was selling materials to Xion.  Unfortunately he found nothing.

ID#  65433

LD:  4  (Great, more bad luck I'm guessing?)

Edited by Itzal

I actually took the alchemy route so I could help other player's who might need them to survive" So I have a small question... Where is Velnia? She appears to be missing..." Jonathan began to look on the ground for any plants or other things that could possibly go as a material. surprisingly... that was sarcasm. There was no plants or herbs that could be easily used for Alchemy. Jonathan sighed. Why was finding materials so dang hard in this game. Jonathan walked over to a new area. This had to be easier than it seemed.

65436 LD:8

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal reached for a plant to check if it was edible and stopped when he saw that it was the opposite.  He smiled when he heard that Jonathan became an alchemist.

"That's awesome Jon!  Maybe I'll buy a few potions when you become the greatest alchemist there ever was!"  He looked around and reached to check another plant and stopped when Jonathan mentioned Velnia.  He felt Ulises stir but that was all.  He took in a deep breath.  How could he explain?

"She's dead," he said softly.  When Jonathan turned to him he explained briefly how he was fighting a warg and she tried to help and ended up killed.  He almost slipped about how Ulises finished the job but he caught his tongue just in time.  No need to tell Jonathan that unless he wished to discuss the quest with him.  "So, I've been taking my time.  I can't imagine being with any other familiar though.  Still, I'm at least glad an npc died and not another player."

ID:  65452

LD:  3

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal explained the loss of his Dragon friend. Velnia... I had known her as long as I knew Itzal... She was almost as much as a friend, even though she was an NPC... Jonathan' heart saddened a little bit. Jonathan shuddered at the thought of someone that he cared about. Immediately, his mind raced back to the quest. He was standing in the room, stabbing his sister. Jonathan took a deep breath and freshened his mind. He began to search for some more materials. So, How did you calming the Soul quest go? I did not really like mine what so ever... " Jonathan seen a plant on the ground. Jonathan smiled and picked the morsel up. It dissapeared and went into his inventory as a material. Jonathan smiled and retraced his own quest.

65471 LD:16

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal finally found something useful and picked up a good sized.. Ore piece?  What the heck was this doing way out here?  He shook his head not caring for an explanation or anything, just happy he found something.  When Jonathan mentioned the quest Itzal turned to him.

"Eh, we might want to sit down for this," he said.  As Itzal sat down on a log he tried to find Ulises within him and managed to pull him out of whatever state he was in.  Soon Ulises was awake and focused on his surroundings.  'What's going on?' he demanded.  'Jonathan completed the quest,' Itzal mentally replied, 'and we're sharing our stories now.'  Ulises grunted in reply.  Things were going to get pretty interesting.

"Well to start I want to see what we had in common.  Am I right to assume you had a black shadowy figure opening the doors for you like I?  As well as having to fight four demons?"

tzal put stuff out for  Jonathan to compare his quest too. Yes, there was a shadowy figure that revealed the doors to me, I later guessed that that was my mind as a state of being... After I completed one of the demons, it seemed to brighten, piece by piece... Jonathan looked at the ground an remembered the cold and lonely first demon. The first Demon I fought was the Demon of the Void. Upon entering I felt Lonely and cold... I arrived in a completely dark space. There was nothing in it but me. Then the demon arrived. 

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- just because it's a desert doesn't mean it's nothing but sand.  Rocky areas and patches of trees exist, thus a dead tree lot

Itzal listened as his friend explained hisexperience.  It was interesting to hear his version.

"Demon of the void huh?  The way you describe it sounds like a demon of lonliness.  I understand the feeling somewhat being bullied growing up."  he was about to continue telling him of his family but something held him back.  So he decided to tell him about his version.  "My first demon was terror," he said, mentally shuddering.  "It took the form of a player killer of the cruelest form.  It wasn't until afterwards when I realized that fear is ok since you respect the danger, but terror will get you killed."

Terror huh?" Jonathan's mind traveled back into the first floor. Where the demon of Fear lied. Jonathan looked back to Itzal. Should I tell him that he was there? He died... Sure, He should know, he was a part of it. "I myself had a demon of Terror...." Jonathan paused as he recalled the moment. Lightning lit up the sky, as the thunder added the sound effect. I heard a scream. It was a woman's though. The town was completely deserted... I seen two figures fighting in the fields. I ran to the scene, and saw to figures battling it out. An orange and a Green player. The green player was you. I yelled for you guys to stop. You looked over at me, and the Demon plunged a spear into you chest. Out of anger and pain, I destroyed the man..."  Jonathan peered over at the fields, seeing a lone skeleton wandering their way. It would arrive in a few minutes. 

Itzal was a little shocked when Jonathan told him that he had died at the hands of another demon.  The idea made him think about what would happen if he- no.  He wouldn't think like that.  He was going to make it, no matter what.  He smiled at Jonathan.

"You know I'd never let me or any of my friends die knowingly right?  I never fight alone.  We never fight alone.  You have friends Jonathan.  Remember that."  Itzal also spotted the skeleton but figured they had time.  "My second demon was different entirely.  The demon of arrogance.  Was a two foot bunny with a two handed war hammer," he finished with a chuckle."

Jonathan listened as Itzal tried to reassure him. Jonathan chuckled. YOU, were the one that died my friend. It is my job to keep you alive.... Jonathan than listned to Itzal say his second demon was a two foot bunny. Jonathan chuckled at the thought of a small bunny beating the crap out of Itzal. That my friend makes me think of that old movie from when I was a little kid... what was it? The Guardians I think it was... With Santa, and the violent Easter bunny? Jonathan thought back to his third demon. Jonathan shuddered. His encounter with the wild side.... My third one, I really did not like at all. It was the Demon of love.  It was a Lewd Woman who forced me through how no one would ever love me... My father, the girl I liked, Alicia that turned me down.... It was a hard time for me... I've never been that good with people. Jonathan looked down and laughed. She really needed to put more clothes on. Jonathan chuckled and awaited to hear about Itzal's third Demon...

Itzal listened and his shoulders shrank as he realized just how terrible that must have been for Jonathan.  It reminded him of his own reflection on love.

"Love comes in many forms.  Family love, spouse love, friend love.  I'm not sure exactly what you've been through, and although I've never had a girlfriend, let alone lost one, I know that you aren't alone anymore."  that's what he planned to say but didn't, instead just saying  "I'm sorry you had to face that demon though."  he closed his eyes, almost wishing his third demon was love.  "I had to fight a demon of bitterness.  She took the form of a nine year old pker.  I killed her but the hardest part was forgiving her."

Jonathan listened as Itzal talked about his third Demon. A Demon of Bitterness. Then he said a nine year old girl. Jonathan flicnhed. He laughed. Why in the world, is a demon of bitterness, a nine year old girl? What the hell did little girl's do to you? Jonathan laughed. He wondered what was going on in the mind of Itzal. Jonathan smiled but it quickly faded. As the thought of his Sister pooped up. My fourth Demon, is the one that took the most out of me... As I entered I was in a strange room. Completly empty except for a door. After a minute or so, a woman came in, She was the exact way I imagined my mom. Jonathan seen the memory like a video. His gaze returned to the ground. Then after a few minutes, a girl about two years younger than me walked in. She looked a female replica of me....

Itzal frowned when Jonathan laughed.  That demon was particularly hard for him.

"That little girl was psychotic.  She was literally standing in front of hundreds of dead players.  I hated the idea of pkers in general, let alone a serial killer girl."  he softened when he realized he was just a little rough.  "Sorry it was a hard experience."  as Jonathan explained his final demon Itzal believed he finally made the connection.  The girls description.  "She was your sister" he finished.

Jonathan jumped back at the thought that there was hundred's of bodies. How does a little girl manage that? That is kinda scary. Jonathan shuddered. He returned to his sister. Itzal easily guessed. "Bingo, She seemed not sure of me at first. Then she turned to pure hatred, blaming me fornot being there. She told me.... That she h... hated me. Jonathan took a deep breath, then a moment to gather himself again. I'll tell you what, that battle really took it out of me.... So, that is enough about me, what was your fourth demon? Jonathan stood. The Skeleton was really beginning to get close.